• Andy Lunn

★★★★ Rewatched by Andy Lunn 31 Jul, 2015 2

I had time, so I decided to make it two F movies this week in my alphabet quest.

Falling Down is a great movie. It is a bit ridiculous and follows many well tred ideas, but it executes them with a wink and is hugely entertaining. What struck me this time is how young the cast look, but I guess the movie is 20 odd years old now.

Good fun, just don't watch it if life, work or both are getting you down.

• Gigasitea

★★½ Watched by Gigasitea 22 Jul, 2015

Film #22 of the “Scavenger Hunt 4" Challenge
    Task 22. A vigilante film!
    The original list: letterboxd.com/naughty/list/scavenger-hunt-4/detail/
    My list: letterboxd.com/gigasitea/list/scavenger-hunt-4/

Personally, I don't like the "shady jaded vigilante fighting against the system" genre. Never appealed to me and never will.

Falling Down (1993) directed by Joel Schumacher and starring Michael Douglas is a mediocre film. I enjoyed it, but I will not say it's great by any means.

One of my main concerns of the film is that it has…

• LoveofCelluloid

★★★½ Watched by LoveofCelluloid 06 Nov, 2013

A good film that might have been a great one with a shorter running time...

My full review located at:
    fortheloveofcelluloid.com/2013/11/06/falling-down-1993/

• Oskars Three word reviews

★★★★ Added by Oskars Three word reviews

Man finally snaps

• Alberto del Rio Medina

★★★★ Watched by Alberto del Rio Medina 13 Jul, 2015

El personaje de Furia ahuevo es basado en William Foster (Michael Douglas), quien ante cualquier provocación reacciona en rojo.
    Solo en la primera escena, donde se encuentra atorado en el tráfico, Shumacher la llena de tensión que piensas que en cualquier momento este va a pisar el acelerador y chocar contra cuanto carro se le ponga enfrente.
    Es entretenida, casi tipo videojuego de Megaman donde después de cada escena se hace de algún tipo de arma.

Me tarde en verla.

• boyleboy

★★★★★ Rewatched by boyleboy 10 Jul, 2015

Big ups to the supporting cast in this for being able to personify every type of asshole. We had a discussion while watching this about who's the biggest movie asshole - by which we mean 'jerk' as opposed to 'villain' - and while Die Hard's Ellis is still top of the pile, Duvall's pal's partner in this is definitely in the running. He's perfect, as are the angry shopkeeper, the begging guy in the park, the old golfers and the bigoted army surplus guy. It's like... a rainbow of assholes. Shittles, if you will.

• Dustin

★★★★ Watched by Dustin 08 Jul, 2015

Michael Douglas is awesome in this movie. His performance perfectly captures that dark part of all of our subconscious. He's not even an anti-hero, his mind is just at the point of no return. It's the tense energy he brings to every scene that really keeps the simple story consistently gripping. And let us not forget Robert Duvall. He's the guy we worry about; going through a crisis of his own.

Well. Narrative conveniences aside, Falling Down is a very thought provoking film and, like so many others, I am baffled that this brilliant piece of work came from the infamous Joel Schumacher.

• L!M!N

★★★★ Added by L!M!N

This is why I cannot see myself in an office job.

• dellamore

★★★ Watched by dellamore 12 Jan, 2015

All he wanted is just to see his daughter after his wife fucked everything up...

• Edgar Cochran

★★★★ Watched by Edgar Cochran 17 Jun, 2015

A violent, single-handed psychotic rampage against the evils of modern corporativism and consummerist tendencies of society, the drastically quality-wise uneven Joel Schumacher unleashes his second best film in 1993, with a sarcastically hilarious Michael Douglas and a furious satirization of modern America.

There is a point in which the evil and hypocrisy surrounding the protagonist becomes so pervasive, that suddenly the deeds of 'D-Fens' go from looking comparable in proportion to suddenly being even "less worse" than the areas he…

• Alex Vlad

★★★★½ Watched by Alex Vlad 17 Jun, 2015 1

Middle Aged Angry White Guy With a Machine Gun:The Movie

• Anthony Iessi

★★★★ Added by Anthony Iessi

Man is this movie good. The best film by Schumacher. Michael Douglas was so chilling, he should have been nominated for an Oscar. This movie wouldn't fly with any of today's audiences, and that's what makes it so unique and fun to watch.