• Brigham Cole

★★★★ Watched by Brigham Cole 28 Dec, 2014

A day where a man, already too far gone, can't take it anymore. Douglas' performance is top-notch, as well as Duvall's performance as the straight-laced retiring police officer dragged in to one last assignment. It's a very enjoyable watch, and I highly recommend it.

• Faragó Péter

★★★★½ Watched by Faragó Péter 14 Dec, 2014

A very good film from Michael Douglas, but not as good as 'The Game'. While I watched it, I also became insane just like the main character.

• Armpit (aka Ingmar)

★★★½ Watched by Armpit (aka Ingmar) 22 Dec, 2014 1

Falling Down opens on a sweltering urban nightmare. William 'D-Fens' is seated in his car, sweat dripping down his brow, immobilized by a traffic jam. In the surrounding cars people gripe and shout. Suddenly a fly lands on William's neck. As minor and inconsequential a moment as it may seem, this sets the man off into a disillusioned rebellion against the structure of modern society. The result is darkly hilarious, touching, and possesses a momentous commentary on the downward spiral…

• John Pritchard

★★★★ Added by John Pritchard

Michael Douglas is spectacular as the renegade surbanite who has been pushed too far

• kacman11

★★★ Added by kacman11

Left my Xbox and copy of GTA V at college, so this movie was my back-up plan.

And it's not far off: stiff character performances, an amusingly inaccurate portrayal of Los Angeles, wanton violence and some hit-you-over-the-head style satire.

Entertaining, but ultimately morally fucked; a Republican's wet dream captured on celluloid.

• Branden

★★★ Watched by Branden 01 Sep, 2014

Incredibly misogynistic and right-winged, but still, somehow, enjoyable enough.

• Jimmy Jones

★★★★ Added by Jimmy Jones

Definitely one of the wackiest and funniest 90s films out there; I saw a trailer for it airing on a movie channel and just knew there was something about the tone I would love. It's Joel Schumacher, but somehow the man managed to pull a real wham-bang comedy-thriller together. Michael Douglas, whose face has always scared me, plays a seemingly average working-class American who loses his temper and decides to lash out against society for a day.... this includes some…

• Jonathan Davies

Added by Jonathan Davies

Watched at Sam/Tom/John/Rav/Jonny's house in Third Year

• Matthew Vallée

★★★½ Watched by Matthew Vallée 20 Nov, 2014

This film was a bit like wish fulfillment for someone who has had a really bad day. The plot tackled everyday annoyances with society but took the revenge aspect to the extreme. Even though the protagonist was clearly unravelling mentally and much of his anger was misplaced, he was easy to sympathize with as I’m sure everyone has dealt with one of the situations portrayed in this film and wished they could do something about it. The subplot involving the…

• Ethan Magee

★★★★ Watched by Ethan Magee 19 Nov, 2014

I can finally say I've seen a good Joel Schumacher movie now.

• James Healey

★★★★ Watched by James Healey 20 Mar, 2013

Great pacing. Really good, beginning, middle and end.

• Andrew Nichols