• Gavin Rye

★★★½ Watched by Gavin Rye 09 May, 2014 1

Watching this has been a long time coming and it lived up to expectations nicely. Douglas gives a great performance as a guy that just can't take it anymore. I did think that maybe the film could have worked a little better if he was actually a nice guy before this rather than a racist, bad father and husband. Not that it doesn't work as it is, I just like the idea of the world shitting on a good guy…

• Tim Ehrens

½ Watched by Tim Ehrens 10 May, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• amiladm

★★★½ Watched by amiladm 07 May, 2014

Could have loved the movie, unless the protagonist become a criminal by resorting to true violence.

• rassoodocks

★★★ Watched by rassoodocks 03 May, 2014

This reminded me somewhat of Taxi Driver but if you start about 15 minutes before the end and expand those last 15 minutes to two hours. And add Tommy Lee Jones' subplot from No Country For Old Men and flip it around. Replace Tommy Lee Jones with Robert Duvall, and Robert De Niro with Michael Douglas. Then you've got the gist of Falling Down, a social commentary that has something to say about entitlement and the pitfalls of trying to…

• noeletta

★★★ Watched by noeletta 28 Apr, 2014

This movie tackles too many subjects at once: the main character's problem with his family, the main character's problem with the society... aaannd the supporting character's problem with his wife <- very unnecessary if you asked me. Do we really need his character development?

I wish the movie focuses only on one subject and goes deep into it.
    Nevertheless this movie's execution is impressive. You can feel the intensity, the heat... (Love the first sequence!). The acting is solid- Michael…

• David

★★★★ Rewatched by David 20 Apr, 2014

Brilliant.

• Robert Frost

★★½ Rewatched by Robert Frost 20 Apr, 2014

Consistently engaging.

• Alex Billington

★★★★½ Rewatched by Alex Billington 20 Apr, 2014

Such a great movie, perfectly setup and the script is brilliant. Michael Douglas is such a badass. Cult classic that goes beyond just LA. See it if you haven't.

• Metin Seven

★★★★ Added by Metin Seven

The main character's everyday-life irritations are so recognizable. I have to think about this movie a lot in daily life.

• Mitchell Beaupre

★★ Watched by Mitchell Beaupre 16 Apr, 2014

A decent premise but it's not enough to sustain an entire picture on that alone and so instead they fill it with the rote, conventional "detective on his last day" plotline with Robert Duvall's character and about five too many scenes with Barbara Hershey who is required to do the exact same thing on repeat the entire movie. Michael Douglas is fine, there are some pretty amusing scenes every so often and it does say some mildly interesting things about…

• Chevalier

★★★½ Added by Chevalier

Middle age crisis gone very much wrong for a man who was trapped in a bubble for most part of his life. Just to eventually wake up, forced to face reality. D-FENSE lashes his frustrations at the world, at the wrong targets, but there's no catharsis in his fury. Yet the movie doesn't ask pity from the audience. It wants to make us understand his frustrations, to feel empathy, not sympathy.

• E Harrison

★★ Watched by E Harrison 07 Apr, 2014

this is like basically a look at eighties-era angry white conservative dudes who feel gypped by the system, and as such is pretty uninteresting. watching D-Fens (the central guy) throw progressively more destructive tantrums is like watching a baby draw on your walls, and robert duvall's investigation is way more focused on his impending retirement than moving the story forward. it's got a few pretty lucid, biting moments, but overall kind of a wash