• Mark Douglas

Watched by Mark Douglas 14 Mar, 2016

The 18 rating on the front oversold this to me but it's still a very thoughtful film. If they ever do a remake I'd love to tackle it

• mikemath3

★★★ Watched by mikemath3 13 Mar, 2016

Liked it.

• Ben Harris

★★★½ Watched by Ben Harris 08 Mar, 2016

Well, I certainly wasn't expecting this. The only prior knowledge of the film I had beforehand was the Whammyburger scene, so to see the surrounding content was a tad jarring. Expectations aside, I found the consistently twisted "D-Fens" a little hard to bear at times, partly because of how we only see the result of him reaching his breaking point, which makes him frustratingly unrelatable and detached from reality. He's nothing more, to me, than a threat to the characters…

• Michael Waldron

★★★★ Watched by Michael Waldron 04 Mar, 2016

In some ways, D-Fens is my hero. Who hasn't been caught out by the Maccas breakfast cut-off? Who hasn't been stuck in traffic and just wanted to get the fuck out? Who hasn't dealt with dicks on the golf course? To quote George Costanza...I'M LOSIN IT!

This movie really caught me off guard. I expected a light watch but ended up watching a film where the notion of good and bad blur. Part advert for mental illness and part "I've…

• Barry S

★★★★ Added by Barry S

Joel Schumacher can make a damn good movie when he tries.

• Steve Schrader

★★★ Watched by Steve Schrader 27 Feb, 2016

This has been on my "to watch" list for a long time, and I finally got around to seeing it and...it's okay, if not a bit confusing.

Basically you have a guy, he's not a particularly good guy mind you, and his quest to visit his daughter on her birthday. Unfortunately for him, the entire city of LA doesn't seem to want that to happen. So he cracks and starts taking out his frustrations on everyone he meets in an…

• MogulsReview

★★★ Added by MogulsReview

Not bad, not awesome. Probably the most exaggerated illustration of a bad day; a gang drive-by because someone walked up the wrong hill, neo-nazism and more. Albeit his anger was building for a while, but still.
    The ending's kind of shitty because you saw it coming a mile away.

It's an easy watch.

• Derenzo

★★★½ Added by Derenzo

We're not the same. I'm an American, and you're a sick asshole.

• firebadmattgood

★★★½ Watched by firebadmattgood 07 Feb, 2016

Yes Mr Schumacher, I agree that action movies frequently offer uncritical praise of right wing lunatics.

• Will ML

★★★★★ Rewatched by Will ML 12 Feb, 2016 2

Criminally under-discussed/revered, Falling Down for several years has been one of my all time favorite films. Far too many people take this film in based on just its outer level, an entertaining guy slowly losing his shit, which is fulfilling in its own right, but here there's so much more. The themes of family and basic relationships between a husband and wife, the political and social commentary, the filmmaking homages.

grade A for Awesomeness with heart.

I've actually just realized its like the Revenant where there's one final match at the end. Just swap Hardy and Duvall and Leo and Douglass. Haha.

• Lonnie

★★★★★ Added by Lonnie

The Joker once said that we’re all one bad day away from being just like him. Falling Down exemplifies this notion – Michael Douglas’s character is just a regular dude who falls down a rabbit hole of misfortune and bad decisions after some very terrible luck. He doesn’t consider himself a bad man, he’s just in a bad world. But he does do some very bad things. Robert Duvall is beaten down by the world in other ways and is his unassuming best as the good cop nobody respects. A terrifically well put together picture that never aims to excuse the protagonist’s behavior, just explain it.

• KKo

★★★★ Watched by KKo 30 Jan, 2016

Fucking life, nosaka galvenais varonis pamezdams mašīnu sastrēguma vidū, es eju mājās!