★★★★½ Added by KMOKLER 10

Shit goes down, lives are ended, gangster's get owned, shops get destroyed, fascists get what's coming to them and a guy don't get his breakfast. Falling down, watch it now!

• Terren Slate

★★★★ Added by Terren Slate

REVIEW: Falling Down

After Being Laid Off From His Job As A Defense Worker, A Man Decides To Violently Lash Out Against The Flaws He Begins To See In Society. Originally On My Top 100, Falling Down Is A Darkly Entertaining Thriller and Social Satire That Was Way Ahead Of Its Time. Michael Douglas Plays The Character Of D-Fens and His Performance Is Astonishing. While The Character's Acts Are More Than Questionable, Douglas Keeps Him An Intriguing Psychological Mess Who…

• SamIam

★★★½ Added by SamIam

Michael Douglas and Robert Duvall are amazing :)

• nicktday

★★★★ Watched by nicktday 28 Aug, 2015

This has to be called a classic now, right?

• Matty Stanfield

★★★ Rewatched by Matty Stanfield 06 Mar, 1993

Joel Schumacher's work tends to be mediocre. It is rare that he makes a film that captures my attention. "Falling Down" might be is best film. For me to write that this is Joel Schumacher's "best" does not imply that I think it is all that good.

It does, however, offer Michael Douglas an interesting role. And he gives an outstanding performance.

The film never fully commits enough itself to form into a fully satisfying movie. Is this dark satire?…

• Adam Piggott

★★★½ Watched by Adam Piggott 28 Aug, 2015

Good performance from Michael Douglas in this.

• orbit4l

★★★½ Watched by orbit4l 03 Jun, 1993

"I'm just standing up for my rights as a consumer."

And as an employee, a citizen, a father, a husband, a man. And it all falls down in this (sometimes facile) white-male-angst-centered yet memorable '90s picture.

• Joey Katz

★★★½ Added by thewayofcinema

Pretty cool film.

• William Kretschmer

★★★★ Rewatched by William Kretschmer 03 Jun, 2013

An unemployed defense worker frustrated with the various flaws he sees in society, begins to psychotically and violently lash out against them.
    Near masterpiece of social satire with a simple narrative forwarded by a succession of scenes - often little stories in themselves - open for multiple interpretation, with two stellar lead performances.

• dominoparker

★½ Watched by dominoparker 20 Aug, 2015

Actually subverts a lot of the narrative I remembered it for. I've actually had people talk to me in the past about this movie as though they really identified with Michael Douglas' character and watching the movie this time I could see that he is clearly not the person to be identifying with. He even bemusedly says "I'm the bad guy?" at the end which is clear to audience (at least it should be) and is a good approximation of…