• Brian Hann

★★★★ Added by Brian Hann

Way before Walter White cam William Foster. His frustration with the various flaws in 1990's society and his subsequent violent backlash is a compelling watch.

• Jay Jay Jay

★★★★ Watched by Jay Jay Jay 24 Jan, 2015

I feel like this guys feels almost every single day. People suck, but he is the bad guy I guess.

• Cevin Moore

★★★★½ Rewatched by Cevin Moore 21 Jan, 2015

A stunning piece of work that shows that when they want to, both Schumacher and Douglas can produce the goods every now and again.

It subtlety draws you in by keeping you with Foster's character for as much of the film as it possibly can to make sure you sympathise with him and applaud his actions (no matter how outrageous they become). It is, on a basic level, wish fulfilment for a large majority of the disenfranchised populous that rings…

• Felipe Nicéas

★★★★★ Added by Felipe Nicéas

O meu filme predileto do diretor Joel Schumacher até o momento e certamente uma das grandes performances de Michael Douglas, aqui ele está incrível no papel de William Foster (D-Fens), um homem com sérios problemas que parte numa jornada insana em busca de sua família, há cenas inesquecíveis como a da lanchonete, um filme absolutamente imperdível!

• Neil Brazier

★★★½ Watched by Neil Brazier 02 Jan, 2015

We can all sympathise.

• tavomama

★★★★★ Watched by tavomama 10 Jan, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

this is the most suspenseful film ive ever seen, not even gonna comment on the social commentary part

• Kartik Singh

★★★ Rewatched by Kartik Singh 19 Jun, 2011

This is a decent film that could have been down right extraordinary.

It falls apart somewhere in the middle, but it starts so well.

The plot thread of him wanting to win back his wife and kid does not work.

And once he meets the white supremacist, well, the movie takes a sharp downhill.

I long for the film that this could have been (but as a studio film, with a star like Michael Douglas, how?)

• Craig Duffy

★★★★ Watched by Craig Duffy 08 Jan, 2015

Man this movie really gets the feel of mid-90's LA. Such a complex character. He's not entirely good and he's not entirely bad. Some of the points he makes are valid. And then you think to yourself, "Am I identifying with the bad guy?" You start to realize how easy it is for anyone of us to just snap. I'm the bad guy? This is a complex work that should be viewed by anyone who says Joel Schumacher is a hack.

• windowseat

★★★★ Watched by windowseat 31 Dec, 2014

We've all had days similar to this—most of us just don't react quite so impulsively or carry around machine guns and rocket launchers.

• Brigham Cole

★★★★ Watched by Brigham Cole 28 Dec, 2014

A day where a man, already too far gone, can't take it anymore. Douglas' performance is top-notch, as well as Duvall's performance as the straight-laced retiring police officer dragged in to one last assignment. It's a very enjoyable watch, and I highly recommend it.

• Faragó Péter

★★★★½ Watched by Faragó Péter 14 Dec, 2014

A very good film from Michael Douglas, but not as good as 'The Game'. While I watched it, I also became insane just like the main character.

• Armpit (aka Ingmar)

★★★½ Watched by Armpit (aka Ingmar) 22 Dec, 2014 1

Falling Down opens on a sweltering urban nightmare. William 'D-Fens' is seated in his car, sweat dripping down his brow, immobilized by a traffic jam. In the surrounding cars people gripe and shout. Suddenly a fly lands on William's neck. As minor and inconsequential a moment as it may seem, this sets the man off into a disillusioned rebellion against the structure of modern society. The result is darkly hilarious, touching, and possesses a momentous commentary on the downward spiral…