• wiz52

★★★★★ Watched by wiz52 27 Feb, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

This might just be one of my new favourite films. If you thought you were having a crap day, William Foster just wants to see his daughter on her birthday and all manner of bedlam goes down.

• The Film Avenger

★★★★ Added by The Film Avenger

A compelling crime thriller. It reminds me that Joel Schumacher is a talented filmmaker...as long as he stays away from Batman.

The story is simple, and it doesn't really need to be. This film is character study of two men. While Douglas' character is given top billing, it's really about both him and Duvall's Pendergast, and their eventual philosophical collision. Both men have been beaten down by their lives, but are dealing with it in very different ways. Both attempt…

• Chris Vallée

★★★★ Watched by Chris Vallée 24 Feb, 2015

I never would have guessed that Joel Schumacher had it in him to make a movie like this! Such an exciting tongue in cheek thriller that constantly straddles the line between rooting for the 'bad guy' and the 'good guys'.

• Alexander Heff

★★★★ Added by Alexander Heff

'An unemployed defense worker frustrated with the various flaws he sees in society, begins to psychotically and violently lash out against them.

''And now you're gonna die, wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?''

This movie is absolutely ridiculous in the best possible way and it would be very offensive and shocking if it weren't so silly. Michael Douglas give a fantastic performance as D-Fens a man who has reached his boiling point. This is a brilliant 90's cult classic.

You'll laugh, you'll gasp and you might even shed a tear.

Unnerving and entertaining.

• Brian Hann

★★★★ Added by Brian Hann

Way before Walter White cam William Foster. His frustration with the various flaws in 1990's society and his subsequent violent backlash is a compelling watch.

• Jay Jay Jay

★★★★ Watched by Jay Jay Jay 24 Jan, 2015

I feel like this guys feels almost every single day. People suck, but he is the bad guy I guess.

• Cevin Moore

★★★★½ Rewatched by Cevin Moore 21 Jan, 2015

A stunning piece of work that shows that when they want to, both Schumacher and Douglas can produce the goods every now and again.

It subtlety draws you in by keeping you with Foster's character for as much of the film as it possibly can to make sure you sympathise with him and applaud his actions (no matter how outrageous they become). It is, on a basic level, wish fulfilment for a large majority of the disenfranchised populous that rings…

• Felipe Nicéas

★★★★★ Added by Felipe Nicéas

O meu filme predileto do diretor Joel Schumacher até o momento e certamente uma das grandes performances de Michael Douglas, aqui ele está incrível no papel de William Foster (D-Fens), um homem com sérios problemas que parte numa jornada insana em busca de sua família, há cenas inesquecíveis como a da lanchonete, um filme absolutamente imperdível!

• Neil Brazier

★★★½ Watched by Neil Brazier 02 Jan, 2015

We can all sympathise.

• tavomama

★★★★★ Watched by tavomama 10 Jan, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

this is the most suspenseful film ive ever seen, not even gonna comment on the social commentary part

• Kartik Singh

★★★ Rewatched by Kartik Singh 19 Jun, 2011

This is a decent film that could have been down right extraordinary.

It falls apart somewhere in the middle, but it starts so well.

The plot thread of him wanting to win back his wife and kid does not work.

And once he meets the white supremacist, well, the movie takes a sharp downhill.

I long for the film that this could have been (but as a studio film, with a star like Michael Douglas, how?)

• Craig Duffy

★★★★ Watched by Craig Duffy 08 Jan, 2015

Man this movie really gets the feel of mid-90's LA. Such a complex character. He's not entirely good and he's not entirely bad. Some of the points he makes are valid. And then you think to yourself, "Am I identifying with the bad guy?" You start to realize how easy it is for anyone of us to just snap. I'm the bad guy? This is a complex work that should be viewed by anyone who says Joel Schumacher is a hack.