• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 15 Aug, 2011

4: Rise of the Silver Surfer is not a good film but it was a really big improvement over the first movie. It was very entertaining and since it was shorter, there was far less time to leave room for idiocies, though there were still some of course. The amazing visual effects and cool action sequences truly kept my attention over everything else, since the plot once again lacked substance and the writing was also weak. The Silver Surfer was a really cool character and him alone steals the show because none of the so-called fantastic was very likeable this time either.

• Cole_Ratcliff

½ Added by Cole_Ratcliff

D (64)

• Chris

★½ Watched by Chris 12 Sep, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• KMOKLER

★½ Added by KMOKLER

Even though the movie is too sad and too shit, the silver surfer himself makes the movie better than the original.

• Alex

★★ Watched by Alex 26 Aug, 2014

Follow-up to the mediocre Fantastic Four is a second dose of lazy filmmaking, and it’s a dull, tiresome affair that just doesn’t deliver anything worth seeing. The idea is terrific of course, but the filmmakers seem afraid to grasp this idea and stretch in ways where it could become something truly worth seeing. Unfortunately, the script is empty, shallow and uninteresting that you don’t care for what’s going. The film relies on comic relief, cheap liners, a cast that don’t…

• George Machin

★★½ Watched by George Machin 23 Aug, 2014 1

F4:ROTSS is a mild improvement over its predecessor. The same strong aspects of the first film are mostly present here, as are the same weaknesses. However, a huge strength for this film is the The Silver Surfer, who is mysterious and has a very interesting presence in the film. The trade off is that for some reason Susan Storm is now far less interesting and has become a bit of a cliché.

The special effects have improved and there are…

• Lowbacca

★★ Watched by Lowbacca 18 Aug, 2014

Well, I certainly feel like I had good reason to not get around to watching this until now. My biggest issue with it is it just seems dumb, like there wasn't too much thought being put into anything. Parts seemed gimmicky, lines were predictable, and I thought the characters were underdeveloped.

I feel like so much of this just seems to be what a comic book movie shouldn't be. It's not atrocious, but it's highly forgettable. Like, Green Lantern forgettable.

• MatthewLB

★★½ Watched by MatthewLB 12 Aug, 2014

It's not the worst comic book movie that I have seen, but it's not good.

• Richard Diaz

★★★ Watched by Richard Diaz 20 Jul, 2014

I hadn't seen this one before. I thought it was a decent film. I don't read the comic books so I didn't have anything to compare these movies too. I like the actors and think they work together well. A decent super hero movie though no where near on the same level as the other Marvel films of the last few years.

• Stef

★★★½ Added by Stef

Meh. The whole Silver Surfer thing was too far fetched, if one can claim such a thing about a Fantastic Four movie.

• Popkorn

★★ Added by Popkorn

Thanks Marvel, for giving the Silver Surfer a role in this. It's not like I wanted to see him get a movie of his own. Thanks for making him a powerless side character.

• Jørgen Alvestad

Watched by Jørgen Alvestad 08 Jun, 2014

This film doesn't make any sense. At all. Not in the slightest.