• Richard Diaz

★★★ Watched by Richard Diaz 20 Jul, 2014

I hadn't seen this one before. I thought it was a decent film. I don't read the comic books so I didn't have anything to compare these movies too. I like the actors and think they work together well. A decent super hero movie though no where near on the same level as the other Marvel films of the last few years.

• Stef

★★★½ Added by Stef

Meh. The whole Silver Surfer thing was too far fetched, if one can claim such a thing about a Fantastic Four movie.

• Popkorn

★★ Added by Popkorn

Thanks Marvel, for giving the Silver Surfer a role in this. It's not like I wanted to see him get a movie of his own. Thanks for making him a powerless side character.

• Jørgen Alvestad

Watched by Jørgen Alvestad 08 Jun, 2014

This film doesn't make any sense. At all. Not in the slightest.

• Phil

★★½ Added by Phil

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Tony Black

★★ Watched by Tony Black 01 Jun, 2014 9

Following the success of the first Fantastic Four, a sequel was a crushing inevitability for Marvel Studios in their unformed, pre-Cinematic Universe age. Rise of the Silver Surfer continues to sail in the same tonal and narrative direction of its uninspired predecessor, aiming predominantly at a childish market for maximum cheese and the least amount of dramatic impact. In fairness to Tim Story's sequel, it does at least attempt to tell a stronger narrative than the first go around, including…

• whitsbrain

★★★ Added by whitsbrain

This is a little better than the first Fantastic Four movie. The Silver Surfer is easily the best part of the film and his appearances made me want to know more of his back story. The Fantastic Four are portrayed again as a fairly humorous group of heroes. I was surprised by how slow this movie actually was until about the last 30 minutes. Much of the plot centers around the marriage of Reed Richards and Susan Storm. The Silver…

• Ryan Gelley

★½ Watched by Ryan Gelley 22 Sep, 2008

Cloud?

• Manoj Mathew

★★ Rewatched by Manoj Mathew 23 May, 2014

Blaaahhh .... terrible writing and cardboard performances.

• shannev

★★ Added by shannev

Meh. Not on the same level as the Avengers or Iron Man. It was okay.

• Paul Kapsalis

★★½ Watched by Paul Kapsalis 08 May, 2014

"You're right. I didn't. I stayed in and studied like a good little nerd. And fifteen years later, I'm one of the greatest minds of the 21st century. I'm engaged to the hottest girl on the planet. And the big jock who played football in high school, he standing right in front of me asking me for my help, and I say he's not going to get a damn thing, unless he does exactly what I say and starts treating…

• Brent Paton

★★½ Added by Brent Paton

Enjoyable sequel and probably better than the first movie. Silver Surfer is cool.