• KMOKLER

★½ Added by KMOKLER

Even though the movie is too sad and too shit, the silver surfer himself makes the movie better than the original.

• Alex

★★ Watched by Alex 26 Aug, 2014

Follow-up to the mediocre Fantastic Four is a second dose of lazy filmmaking, and it’s a dull, tiresome affair that just doesn’t deliver anything worth seeing. The idea is terrific of course, but the filmmakers seem afraid to grasp this idea and stretch in ways where it could become something truly worth seeing. Unfortunately, the script is empty, shallow and uninteresting that you don’t care for what’s going. The film relies on comic relief, cheap liners, a cast that don’t…

• George Machin

★★½ Watched by George Machin 23 Aug, 2014 1

F4:ROTSS is a mild improvement over its predecessor. The same strong aspects of the first film are mostly present here, as are the same weaknesses. However, a huge strength for this film is the The Silver Surfer, who is mysterious and has a very interesting presence in the film. The trade off is that for some reason Susan Storm is now far less interesting and has become a bit of a cliché.

The special effects have improved and there are…

• Lowbacca

★★ Watched by Lowbacca 18 Aug, 2014

Well, I certainly feel like I had good reason to not get around to watching this until now. My biggest issue with it is it just seems dumb, like there wasn't too much thought being put into anything. Parts seemed gimmicky, lines were predictable, and I thought the characters were underdeveloped.

I feel like so much of this just seems to be what a comic book movie shouldn't be. It's not atrocious, but it's highly forgettable. Like, Green Lantern forgettable.

• MatthewLB

★★½ Watched by MatthewLB 12 Aug, 2014

It's not the worst comic book movie that I have seen, but it's not good.

• Richard Diaz

★★★ Watched by Richard Diaz 20 Jul, 2014

I hadn't seen this one before. I thought it was a decent film. I don't read the comic books so I didn't have anything to compare these movies too. I like the actors and think they work together well. A decent super hero movie though no where near on the same level as the other Marvel films of the last few years.

• Stef

★★★½ Added by Stef

Meh. The whole Silver Surfer thing was too far fetched, if one can claim such a thing about a Fantastic Four movie.

• Popkorn

★★ Added by Popkorn

Thanks Marvel, for giving the Silver Surfer a role in this. It's not like I wanted to see him get a movie of his own. Thanks for making him a powerless side character.

• Jørgen Alvestad

Watched by Jørgen Alvestad 08 Jun, 2014

This film doesn't make any sense. At all. Not in the slightest.

• Phil

★★½ Added by Phil

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Tony Black

★★ Watched by Tony Black 01 Jun, 2014 9

Following the success of the first Fantastic Four, a sequel was a crushing inevitability for Marvel Studios in their unformed, pre-Cinematic Universe age. Rise of the Silver Surfer continues to sail in the same tonal and narrative direction of its uninspired predecessor, aiming predominantly at a childish market for maximum cheese and the least amount of dramatic impact. In fairness to Tim Story's sequel, it does at least attempt to tell a stronger narrative than the first go around, including…

• whitsbrain

★★★ Added by whitsbrain

This is a little better than the first Fantastic Four movie. The Silver Surfer is easily the best part of the film and his appearances made me want to know more of his back story. The Fantastic Four are portrayed again as a fairly humorous group of heroes. I was surprised by how slow this movie actually was until about the last 30 minutes. Much of the plot centers around the marriage of Reed Richards and Susan Storm. The Silver…