• Peter Webb

★★★★ Watched by Peter Webb 28 Nov, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Of all places, I first heard about this film in late 1980s issues of 'The Amazing Spider-Man' (the Michelinie/McFarlane run.) And in light of their other roles, it's odd to see Hank Pym and Cruella de Vil having sex.
    Reading up on the film, I wasn't convinced by it. But I'm glad I let my fears pass to the side of me, because this is a cracking film. Not even the questionable colourisation of the poster artwork for the Blu-Ray…

• Spencer Serra

★★★½ Watched by Spencer Serra 27 Nov, 2015

Probably helped that I watched this with several other people, all of whom are complete scaredy-cats. I'm sure this upped the entertainment value of the movie for me.

But if I'm trying to judge it a little more objectively (if it is even possible to have an objective opinion...) Glenn Close and Michael Douglas do most of the heavy-lifting in this movie.

Let's say ... Glenn Close 70% Michael Douglas 30%. And that's being generous to Michael Douglas.

• Doug Dillaman

★★★★ Watched by Doug Dillaman 17 Nov, 2015

Really taken aback at how much I found to like in this: the slow-burn development, the minimal score (I think the first use doesn't appear for something like twenty minutes), Lyne's directorial approach that manages to be reasonably precise and use heaps of amazing zooms while still not feeling overly clinical/Hitchcockian (well, until the end), and a much more morally ambiguous relationship than the hero/villain pairing I assumed going in. I've always written off Lyne as a sex-obsessed provocateur, without thinking about how much I loved JACOB'S LADDER; what else have I missed?

• Emily Rose

★★★ Watched by Emily Rose 14 Nov, 2015

So eighties it hurts.

• filmkuratorium

★★★★★ Added by filmkuratorium

Michael Douglas spielt den Familienvater Dan Gallagher, für den sich ein vermeintlich harmloser One-Night-Stand zum absoluten Albtraum entwickelt. Eine Szene ist inzwischen legendär geworden, aber auch der Rest des Films erzeugt eine tolle Spannung.

• Paul Zoccolillo

★★★ Added by Paul Zoccolillo

(Original review outdated, re-evaluation required at later date)

• Josh Pascall

★★★ Watched by Josh Pascall 04 Nov, 2015

Is it me or is Michael Douglas' career just an extended endorsement of abstinence?

• soupydoupyy

★★★★ Watched by soupydoupyy 25 Oct, 2015

I only know Michael Douglas as the confident intimidating badass, so it is so awesome to see him as a lovable goofball! Him stubbing his toe and falling to the ground in the park is glorious. I already thought Douglas was awesome, but now I admire him even more.

Glenn Close is just freaking awesome. She plays sexy then hopelessly distraught with such seamless transition it's great. You truly are with Douglas in that you're like "How the fuck did…

• Grimbo

★★★½ Watched by Grimbo 01 Nov, 2015

I had never actually seen this all the way through so gave it a go after recently reading an article in Empire about it.

Glenn Close is pretty awesome as the loonball stalker and Michael Douglas does get your sympathy despite cheating on his wife and causing all this!

Took me a while to realise Douglas' kid was a girl and not a boy though.

In the future we will use this film to describe to people what the 80s looked like.

• Edward Blake

★★★★½ Watched by Edward Blake 16 Oct, 2015

Well, that's the guiltiest, and most tautly devastating film about prurience and femme-fatale that I've seen in awhile.
    This is intense and angering with great performances.
    The writing is a little weak in some aspects, but nearly everything else... damn.
    This really twisted me.

There's more I'd like to say about the message of this film, but I'm afraid my pot would boil and I'd rage too much on how infuriating watching this was.

• gbxavier

★★★★½ Watched by gbxavier 11 Oct, 2015

• Batemon

★★½ Added by Batemon

First hour was great, second was disastrous. And why would you cheat on your wife with that.