• Will

★★★★ Watched by Will 14 Dec, 2014

"I mean, I'm not gonna be ignored, Dan!"

I think everyone knows the plot of Fatal Attraction: married man has an affair, woman becomes obsessed, chaos ensues.

Even though the story itself is a bit of a standard thriller, the film really rests in the hands of Glenn Close and how effective her performance is. Luckily, she is able to enter the mind of Alex Forrest with ease. Whether she is on or off screen, the presence she creates always…

• Sam

★★★½ Watched by Sam 05 Oct, 2014

Family man has affair with another woman while family is out of town. Man tells woman its just a fling, and he must return to his family. Woman disagrees, and attempts to destroy man's life.
    That's basically the plot of Fatal Attraction. It's a Lifetime movie with a budget and a cast (Glen Close is terrifying).
    Close is so maniacal, the film verges on becoming a slasher film. On a side note; she's a slight woman and I had a…

• Daniel Mármol

★★★½ Watched by Daniel Mármol 27 Nov, 2014 2

Realmente no me esperaba gran cosa de esta película y para sorpresa me ha parecido que está muy bien hecha y que cumple con su prometido de ser un thriller cargado de una buena atmósfera y una increíble interpretación de Glenn Close, además de el cast en general que estuvo a la altura. Llega a dar miedo la obsesión que puede tener una persona sobre otra y como hará todo para tratar de tenerla. Llena de escenas muy buenas, que no son memorables, pero que sí se disfrutan. Prefiero esta que la misma Cape Fear.

"You play fair with me, I'll play fair with you."

• Olevar

★★★★ Watched by Olevar 25 Nov, 2014

Qué terror. Da más miedo porque esto podría pasarle al espectador en cualquier momento. Una noche loca con una guapa que te echa el ojo y boom, de pronto todo se vuelve un horror. Qué miedo, por eso no le entro a esas cosas. Me angustió muchísimo.

¿Y Alex sí estaba embarazada? Al final nunca la desmienten, lo que hace que todo el clímax sea aún más rudo. Pobre Michael Douglas, lo que le pasa por andar de fresco.

• jswysin

★★★ Watched by jswysin 17 Nov, 2014

My chain reaction continued with another Michael Douglas thriller involving a possibly deadly affair. Other than a few moments that take the suspense into irritable shrillness, the film is quite tense in its best moments. I did find myself wondering how or why this was the moment Glenn Close's character went off the deep end, or whether she had in the past, but the film isn't really concerned with that and doesn't need it. And the finale knows what more films should, that bathrooms are a great setting for a tense standoff.

• Adam_Zanzie

★★★½ Added by Adam_Zanzie

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Adrian Zachow

★★★★ Added by Adrian Zachow

The film that has to be the ultimate warning against infidelity; Michael Douglas' foolish affair with Glenn Close drags him (and his poor family) into his own personal hell, as Close develops into a stalker that threatens to destroy his life. Director Adrian Lyne crafts a tense thriller which benefits from terrific performances from the leads. DVD and Blu Ray releases include an alternate ending that is cleverer than the official one.

• Ross Birks

★★★ Watched by Ross Birks 03 Nov, 2014

Another film I've got into thanks to Soderbergh. Fatal Attraction was apparently a big influence on Side Effects with Lyne's direction being a particular talking point for Soderbergh. I've heard about this movie for a long, long time but it very much seems a film of it's era. A pop-culture phenomenon that captured something in the air and gave the audience what they wanted during it's release. It's a tight little thriller that has some bold moves. Anchoring a film…

• Brian J. "Tyrannorabbit" Wright

★★ Rewatched by Brian J. "Tyrannorabbit" Wright 22 Oct, 2014

Likely intended (and certainly promoted) as a feature-length exercise in making women turn to their husbands and say "See? SEE?!?", time has not been entirely kind to Fatal Attraction. Most obviously, the Crazy Bitch archetype this movie exploits has somewhat fallen out of fashion, in film as in (I should hope) culture in general. I mean, you show me a Crazy Bitch, chances are I'll show you a guy whose posting history suggests there's another side to this story.

There's…

★★★★½ Watched by Joe DiCanio 26 May, 2012

Rating: A-

• Alesia

★★★★½ Watched by Alesia 05 Mar, 2004

The most intense thriller of the decade, an 80s classic! This is a romantic nightmare film, which is really quite unique, and the actors are brilliant. I loved this movie, and I highly recommend it.