• Elva

Added by Elva

It was okay but I was disappointed with Glenn Close because she doesn't usually play in movies like that. it was suspenseful and before it was over she became evil to me.

• Sean McCoy

★★★½ Watched by Sean McCoy 29 Jan, 2016

DAMN SON. Glenn Close is fuckin' CRAZY.

I love the slow build of the movie, the bubbling teapot and all its water-based imagery. It's as simple a premise as any but its executed with razor sharp precision.

Glenn Close sitting in the dark flipping the light switch on and off over and over is particularly haunting.

• Mark C

★★★ Rewatched by Mark C 30 Jan, 2016 1

Despite having that horribly misogynistic message of it being OK to have an affair so long as it's not with someone who is mentally deranged, this remains one of the ultimate '80s movies - indicative of that era, for better or for worse, from that purveyor of sophisticated sleaze Adrian Lyne. Along with Wall Street, it helped to establish Michael Douglas as both a leading player in '80s and early '90s cinema and as the archetypal yuppie who couldn't keep…

• Anthony Blackwood

★★★★ Watched by Anthony Blackwood 11 Jan, 2016

Glenn Close and Michael Douglas are mesmerizing in this movie. The chemistry between them carries the movie in a way that you rarely see anymore.

This Glenn Close quote says it all: "Men still come up to me and say, 'You scared the shit out of me.' Sometimes they say, 'You saved my marriage.'"

• jto111

★★★★½ Added by jto111

An exciting thriller that had huge effect on its audience.

• jimbooney

★★★½ Watched by jimbooney 26 Jan, 2016 28

HE FUCKED UP. YA DON'T DO THAT. Half a star more to shut up Nick.

• katherine

★★★½ Watched by katherine 09 Jan, 2016

i low key watched this two times in a row

• Andrew Hawryluk

★½ Watched by Andrew Hawryluk 19 Jan, 2016 1

This film does to women what Jaws did to sharks.

Absolutely terrifying performance by Robin Williams.

• Nick Hawryluk

★½ Watched by Nick Hawryluk 19 Jan, 2016

Sparse, plodding thriller, though interesting concept. You can tell Michael Douglas is a good actor because he makes it seem like he'd cheat on Anne Archer (or any woman ever) with Glenn Close.

• wolverinefactor

★★★★½ Watched by wolverinefactor 18 Jan, 2016

Via Netflix

Netflix Roulette Round 40

God how did I not see this sooner??? I loved this movie. Glenn Close has amazing boobs and the perfect nipples. That sex scene on the sink was fantastic, Douglas in his tighty whities, them being pulled off....

SO
    FUCKING
    HOT

But seriously, great film. Great acting, shots, everything.

• Tim Burnham

★★½ Watched by Tim Burnham 18 Jan, 2016

Messy from beginning to end with stretches of contained excellence wrapped up in generic crazy-woman-thriller trappings. There are some exchanges and a few shots that are written and built very well, but they are used for cheap jumps and twists.

For half a second there's the chance that this film might be saying something about misogyny or just generally how terrible men can be, but it seems to just be a passing thought rather than an actual theme.

• Steven Cohen

★★★½ Watched by Steven Cohen 10 Jan, 2016

Fatal Attraction has become the exemplar of the "crazy lover" sub-genre. Starring Michael Douglas as a married lawyer who enters into what he thinks will be a brief affair with Glenn Close before realizing he's made a terrible mistake. Close is excellent in the picture, playing both crazy and crazy-pretending-to-be-sane with incredible aplomb. Director Adrian Lyne puts a good thriller together, featuring some interesting compositions and really tense editing at integral moments. Douglas is good too, modulating his easy sleaze…