• Olevar

★★★★ Watched by Olevar 25 Nov, 2014

Qué terror. Da más miedo porque esto podría pasarle al espectador en cualquier momento. Una noche loca con una guapa que te echa el ojo y boom, de pronto todo se vuelve un horror. Qué miedo, por eso no le entro a esas cosas. Me angustió muchísimo.

¿Y Alex sí estaba embarazada? Al final nunca la desmienten, lo que hace que todo el clímax sea aún más rudo. Pobre Michael Douglas, lo que le pasa por andar de fresco.

• jswysin

★★★ Watched by jswysin 17 Nov, 2014

My chain reaction continued with another Michael Douglas thriller involving a possibly deadly affair. Other than a few moments that take the suspense into irritable shrillness, the film is quite tense in its best moments. I did find myself wondering how or why this was the moment Glenn Close's character went off the deep end, or whether she had in the past, but the film isn't really concerned with that and doesn't need it. And the finale knows what more films should, that bathrooms are a great setting for a tense standoff.

• Adam_Zanzie

★★★½ Added by Adam_Zanzie

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Adrian Zachow

★★★★ Added by Adrian Zachow

The film that has to be the ultimate warning against infidelity; Michael Douglas' foolish affair with Glenn Close drags him (and his poor family) into his own personal hell, as Close develops into a stalker that threatens to destroy his life. Director Adrian Lyne crafts a tense thriller which benefits from terrific performances from the leads. DVD and Blu Ray releases include an alternate ending that is cleverer than the official one.

• Ross Birks

★★★ Watched by Ross Birks 03 Nov, 2014

Another film I've got into thanks to Soderbergh. Fatal Attraction was apparently a big influence on Side Effects with Lyne's direction being a particular talking point for Soderbergh. I've heard about this movie for a long, long time but it very much seems a film of it's era. A pop-culture phenomenon that captured something in the air and gave the audience what they wanted during it's release. It's a tight little thriller that has some bold moves. Anchoring a film…

• Brian J. "Tyrannorabbit" Wright

★★ Rewatched by Brian J. "Tyrannorabbit" Wright 22 Oct, 2014

Likely intended (and certainly promoted) as a feature-length exercise in making women turn to their husbands and say "See? SEE?!?", time has not been entirely kind to Fatal Attraction. Most obviously, the Crazy Bitch archetype this movie exploits has somewhat fallen out of fashion, in film as in (I should hope) culture in general. I mean, you show me a Crazy Bitch, chances are I'll show you a guy whose posting history suggests there's another side to this story.

There's…

★★★★½ Watched by Joe DiCanio 26 May, 2012

Rating: A-

• Alesia

★★★★½ Watched by Alesia 05 Mar, 2004

The most intense thriller of the decade, an 80s classic! This is a romantic nightmare film, which is really quite unique, and the actors are brilliant. I loved this movie, and I highly recommend it.

• johnch

★★★½ Watched by johnch 30 Sep, 2014

"bunny boiler"

• Christian R

★★★★ Watched by Christian R 18 Sep, 2014

I think I've seen bits and pieces of this since I was 5 so I finally gave it a shot. It's a fun thrill ride that I'd love to watch at least once a year. Douglass is good but Close is where it's at. A sudden 360 craze makes her so damn eerie it's amazing her mental state in real life didn't falter.

• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★½ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 23 Apr, 2012

Fatal Attraction is a stylish thriller that never reached its full potential, although it was solidly made on most regards. Given its great cast and its engaging premise, it should have been much, much better. Concerning the performances, they were almost flawless. Michael Douglas was good as usual; Glenn Close, in one of her most memorable performances, did a wonderful job; and Anne Archer was great as well.

Adrian Lyne's direction was very good, but the writing was noticeably flawed.…