• filmkuratorium

★★★★★ Added by filmkuratorium

Michael Douglas spielt den Familienvater Dan Gallagher, für den sich ein vermeintlich harmloser One-Night-Stand zum absoluten Albtraum entwickelt. Eine Szene ist inzwischen legendär geworden, aber auch der Rest des Films erzeugt eine tolle Spannung.

• Kelsey

★★★★★ Rewatched by Kelsey 22 Aug, 2015

still one of my favorites ever why didn't glenn close win the oscar

• sumurun

★★★★★ Watched by sumurun 30 Mar, 2015

I love Glenn kept breastfeeding Michael Douglas <3

• Devarsi Ghosh

★★★★★ Watched by Devarsi Ghosh 01 May, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

1. The 5/5 rating (I know I have raised a lot of eyebrows) because the movie works on multiple levels (both as a horror picture and a terrific psychological study) and touches me personally (about that, later).

2. Glenn Close here plays a woman who has a one night stand with Douglas's character, who is nine years married, with a young daughter and a dog - the entire package. So far so good, except Close…

• shampoocell

★★★★★ Added by shampoocell

The benchmark for psychological thrillers.

Douglass perfectly portrays a family man with a hyperactive sex drive. He's anxious, obnoxiously cocky, misogynist, and selfish.

Archer is flawless as Douglas' wife, a bystander who is suffers from the actions of her selfish husband and his unstable affair.

Close is the clear star. Her calculated performance is one of my all-time favorites in the history of cinema. She studied Borderline Personality Disorder in preparation to play Alex Forrest, and it paid off; the…

• Jordan Horowitz

★★★★★ Watched by Jordan Horowitz 02 Aug, 2013

Well that just filled a major hole. Had no idea this thing is a balls out masterpiece.

★★★★★ Rewatched by EMARCISAK 07 Jul, 2013

One of the best thrillers ever made. The use of perspective and non verbal storytelling is amazing.

• Marcos Araujo

★★★★★ Watched by Marcos Araujo 01 Nov, 1987

Excelente filme de suspense. Lembro que os cinemas ficaram lotados durante uns 2 anos para assistir este filme.

• Adrienne

★★★★★ Watched by Adrienne 25 Jan, 2013

I'm so torn on how to feel about who was the bad guy--I mean, obviously Glenn Close's character is crazy, but the fact that he slept with her in the first place caused the whole chain of events. But, then who's to say that she wouldn't have become obsessed with him anyways, even if he hadn't slept with her?
    I don't know, I found this to be a great thriller that left me thinking about who the real victim (between the two of them--obviously his wife and daughter were the victims of both of their crimes) was.

• meganofsuburbia

★★★★★ Rewatched by meganofsuburbia 19 Dec, 2012 1

Fatal Attraction is a phenomenal "morality thriller," and is one that still holds up after 25 years. Glenn Close's transition from jilted lover to maniacal villain is superbly realized -- closely mirroring the film's transition from erotic drama to horror, a transition that Adrian Lyne handles beautifully, building a palpable sense of fear and dread. This is a scary, stylish, and smart nightmare of a film -- without a doubt one of the best of its kind.

• Jericho Slim

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jericho Slim 21 Apr, 2012

Still a great film, which Glenn Close steals, as should any good actor playing a crazy person.

The editing in the climactic scene is incredible.

• Edward Blake

★★★★½ Watched by Edward Blake 16 Oct, 2015

Well, that's the guiltiest, and most tautly devastating film about prurience and femme-fatale that I've seen in awhile.
    This is intense and angering with great performances.
    The writing is a little weak in some aspects, but nearly everything else... damn.
    This really twisted me.

There's more I'd like to say about the message of this film, but I'm afraid my pot would boil and I'd rage too much on how infuriating watching this was.