• kittenplaylist

★★★★★ Rewatched by kittenplaylist 22 Aug, 2015

still one of my favorites ever why didn't glenn close win the oscar

• sumurun

★★★★★ Watched by sumurun 30 Mar, 2015

I love Glenn kept breastfeeding Michael Douglas <3

• Devarsi Ghosh

★★★★★ Watched by Devarsi Ghosh 01 May, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

1. The 5/5 rating (I know I have raised a lot of eyebrows) because the movie works on multiple levels (both as a horror picture and a terrific psychological study) and touches me personally (about that, later).

2. Glenn Close here plays a woman who has a one night stand with Douglas's character, who is nine years married, with a young daughter and a dog - the entire package. So far so good, except Close…

• shampoocell

★★★★★ Added by shampoocell

The benchmark for psychological thrillers.

Douglass perfectly portrays a family man with a hyperactive sex drive. He's anxious, obnoxiously cocky, misogynist, and selfish.

Archer is flawless as Douglas' wife, a bystander who is suffers from the actions of her selfish husband and his unstable affair.

Close is the clear star. Her calculated performance is one of my all-time favorites in the history of cinema. She studied Borderline Personality Disorder in preparation to play Alex Forrest, and it paid off; the…

• Jordan Horowitz

★★★★★ Watched by Jordan Horowitz 02 Aug, 2013

Well that just filled a major hole. Had no idea this thing is a balls out masterpiece.

★★★★★ Rewatched by EMARCISAK 07 Jul, 2013

One of the best thrillers ever made. The use of perspective and non verbal storytelling is amazing.

• Marcos Araujo

★★★★★ Watched by Marcos Araujo 01 Nov, 1987

Excelente filme de suspense. Lembro que os cinemas ficaram lotados durante uns 2 anos para assistir este filme.

• Adrienne

★★★★★ Watched by Adrienne 25 Jan, 2013

I'm so torn on how to feel about who was the bad guy--I mean, obviously Glenn Close's character is crazy, but the fact that he slept with her in the first place caused the whole chain of events. But, then who's to say that she wouldn't have become obsessed with him anyways, even if he hadn't slept with her?
    I don't know, I found this to be a great thriller that left me thinking about who the real victim (between the two of them--obviously his wife and daughter were the victims of both of their crimes) was.

• meganofsuburbia

★★★★★ Rewatched by meganofsuburbia 19 Dec, 2012 1

Fatal Attraction is a phenomenal "morality thriller," and is one that still holds up after 25 years. Glenn Close's transition from jilted lover to maniacal villain is superbly realized -- closely mirroring the film's transition from erotic drama to horror, a transition that Adrian Lyne handles beautifully, building a palpable sense of fear and dread. This is a scary, stylish, and smart nightmare of a film -- without a doubt one of the best of its kind.

• Jericho Slim

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jericho Slim 21 Apr, 2012

Still a great film, which Glenn Close steals, as should any good actor playing a crazy person.

The editing in the climactic scene is incredible.

• Paul Moga

★★★★½ Watched by Paul Moga 01 Sep, 2015

So I guess it shouldn't have come as any kind of shock when Michael Douglas said he was a sex addict. I mean mix this with Basic Instinct in 92' and Disclosure in 94' and it's pretty obvious the characters he is drawn to and ultimately does well with. In this one he is a successful, married, New York lawyer that has an affair with Glenn Close's character while his wife and daughter are out of town for the weekend.…

• moviegrande

★★★★½ Watched by moviegrande 16 Aug, 2015

Watching this movie is reading a really engaging novel, you can't wait to see what happens. The film starts off simple enough but then it builds and builds and builds until that final climax. Michael Douglas is, as usual, great and I don't think I've wished more horrible things upon a movie character more than Glenn close, as Alex Forrest. This movie is so intense, so intriguing, its amazing. When a movie can really make me care for the characters to the point I too feel affected, that must be one hell of a movie.