• Devarsi Ghosh

★★★★★ Watched by Devarsi Ghosh 01 May, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• shampoocell

★★★★★ Added by shampoocell

The benchmark for psychological thrillers.

Douglass perfectly portrays a family man with a hyperactive sex drive. He's anxious, obnoxiously cocky, misogynist, and selfish.

Archer is flawless as Douglas' wife, a bystander who is suffers from the actions of her selfish husband and his unstable affair.

Close is the clear star. Her calculated performance is one of my all-time favorites in the history of cinema. She studied Borderline Personality Disorder in preparation to play Alex Forrest, and it paid off; the…

• Jordan Horowitz

★★★★★ Watched by Jordan Horowitz 02 Aug, 2013

Well that just filled a major hole. Had no idea this thing is a balls out masterpiece.

• EMARCISAK

★★★★★ Rewatched by EMARCISAK 07 Jul, 2013

One of the best thrillers ever made. The use of perspective and non verbal storytelling is amazing.

• Marcos Araujo

★★★★★ Watched by Marcos Araujo 01 Nov, 1987

Excelente filme de suspense. Lembro que os cinemas ficaram lotados durante uns 2 anos para assistir este filme.

• adriiii

★★★★★ Watched by adriiii 25 Jan, 2013

I'm so torn on how to feel about who was the bad guy--I mean, obviously Glenn Close's character is crazy, but the fact that he slept with her in the first place caused the whole chain of events. But, then who's to say that she wouldn't have become obsessed with him anyways, even if he hadn't slept with her?
    I don't know, I found this to be a great thriller that left me thinking about who the real victim (between the two of them--obviously his wife and daughter were the victims of both of their crimes) was.

• meganofsuburbia

★★★★★ Rewatched by meganofsuburbia 19 Dec, 2012 1

Fatal Attraction is a phenomenal "morality thriller," and is one that still holds up after 25 years. Glenn Close's transition from jilted lover to maniacal villain is superbly realized -- closely mirroring the film's transition from erotic drama to horror, a transition that Adrian Lyne handles beautifully, building a palpable sense of fear and dread. This is a scary, stylish, and smart nightmare of a film -- without a doubt one of the best of its kind.

• Jericho Slim

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jericho Slim 21 Apr, 2012

Still a great film, which Glenn Close steals, as should any good actor playing a crazy person.

The editing in the climactic scene is incredible.

• Waldo

★★★★½ Rewatched by Waldo 12 Aug, 2014

I saw this way back in 87 with my mom! I remember sinking into my seat. I wanted to dissappear into the fuckin seat! A movie that doesn't age except for people smoking in public places and rotary telephones. A really unnerving film, brilliant in every way. Close, Archer and Douglas are just fantastic. I wish Adrian Lyne had done more movies. A defining movie for the 80's and one of the best of that decade.

• Jens Aksel Takle

★★★★½ Added by Jens Aksel Takle

Fatal Attraction is what one can call one of the essential, thrillers about the insanity that refuse to let go of the one thing that makes one complete, no matter what it takes. This is the story about the successful Dan Gallagher (Michael Douglas), who has a good paid job as a attorney, a beautiful wife (Anne Archer), one daughter and a dog. One weekend his wife and daughter visits her parents. Well lets say, a man gets lonely and…

• Michael "PhantomKnight" Dennos

★★★★½ Watched by Michael "PhantomKnight" Dennos 27 Feb, 2013 4

Completely lives up to the hype. The way that Adrian Lynne ratchets up tension through his sure-handed direction results in a near-perfect atmosphere that draws you deeper in the more the film goes on. Glenn Close is incredibly effective and convincing, the kind of antagonist who makes you look forward to seeing her demise, and boy, does that scene deliver. The script does a great job of getting you to sympathize with Douglas's character, despite him cheating on his wife…

• Daniel "PG Cooper" Simpson

★★★★½ Watched by Daniel "PG Cooper" Simpson 03 Jan, 2013

A very gripping film with great acting from Michael Douglas and Glenn Close. The story moves very well and I found myself very invested. I also really like how Adrian Lyne handles the material. His style is fairly restrained, but he manages to make a very tense atmosphere and get under one's skin. I think the film wraps up a little too clean, but that's really my only issue with it.