• annabelle

★★★★★ Watched by annabelle 07 Feb, 2016

that was intense

• Warriors

★★★★★ Watched by Warriors 04 Jan, 1988 1

This is the movie that changed America!
    Relationships, sex, and a lot of married people didn't feel the same anymore after watching this one!
    The movie itself is perfect!
    Everything on this movie is so good and they had a good director.
    Just watch it, letterboxd people!
    I liked Glenn Close, but isn't Anne Archer beautiful?

• filmkuratorium

★★★★★ Added by filmkuratorium

Michael Douglas spielt den Familienvater Dan Gallagher, für den sich ein vermeintlich harmloser One-Night-Stand zum absoluten Albtraum entwickelt. Der Seitensprung - eine ewige Begleiterscheinung von Gesellschaften, die an der Norm fester Beziehungen festhalten - entwickelt sich hier zur tödlichen Bedrohung für die Familie. Eine Szene ist inzwischen legendär geworden, aber auch der Rest des Films erzeugt eine unheimliche Spannung.
    [gesehen im englischen Originalton]

• Kelsey

★★★★★ Rewatched by Kelsey 22 Aug, 2015

still one of my favorites ever why didn't glenn close win the oscar

• sumurun

★★★★★ Watched by sumurun 30 Mar, 2015

I love Glenn kept breastfeeding Michael Douglas <3

• Devarsi Ghosh

★★★★★ Watched by Devarsi Ghosh 01 May, 2014

A SUPER-INTELLIGENT AND INSIGHTFUL B-MOVIE

1. The 5/5 rating (I know I have raised a lot of eyebrows) because the movie works on multiple levels (both as a horror picture and a terrific psychological study) and touches me personally (about that, later).

2. Glenn Close here plays a woman who has a one night stand with Douglas's character, who is nine years married, with a young daughter and a dog - the entire package. So far so good, except Close…

• shampoocell

★★★★★ Added by shampoocell

The benchmark for psychological thrillers.

Douglass perfectly portrays a family man with a hyperactive sex drive. He's anxious, obnoxiously cocky, misogynist, and selfish.

Archer is flawless as Douglas' wife, a bystander who is suffers from the actions of her selfish husband and his unstable affair.

Close is the clear star. Her calculated performance is one of my all-time favorites in the history of cinema. She studied Borderline Personality Disorder in preparation to play Alex Forrest, and it paid off; the…

• Jordan Horowitz

★★★★★ Watched by Jordan Horowitz 02 Aug, 2013

Well that just filled a major hole. Had no idea this thing is a balls out masterpiece.

• EMARCISAK

★★★★★ Rewatched by EMARCISAK 07 Jul, 2013

One of the best thrillers ever made. The use of perspective and non verbal storytelling is amazing.

• Marcos Araujo

★★★★★ Watched by Marcos Araujo 01 Nov, 1987

Excelente filme de suspense. Lembro que os cinemas ficaram lotados durante uns 2 anos para assistir este filme.

• Adrienne C.

★★★★★ Watched by Adrienne C. 25 Jan, 2013

I'm so torn on how to feel about who was the bad guy--I mean, obviously Glenn Close's character is crazy, but the fact that he slept with her in the first place caused the whole chain of events. But, then who's to say that she wouldn't have become obsessed with him anyways, even if he hadn't slept with her?
    I don't know, I found this to be a great thriller that left me thinking about who the real victim (between the two of them--obviously his wife and daughter were the victims of both of their crimes) was.

• meezus

★★★★★ Rewatched by meezus 19 Dec, 2012 1

Fatal Attraction is a phenomenal "morality thriller," and is one that still holds up after 25 years. Glenn Close's transition from jilted lover to maniacal villain is superbly realized -- closely mirroring the film's transition from erotic drama to horror, a transition that Adrian Lyne handles beautifully, building a palpable sense of fear and dread. This is a scary, stylish, and smart nightmare of a film -- without a doubt one of the best of its kind.