• pombo

★★½ Rewatched by pombo 04 Oct, 2015

Not as good as I remembered it was.

• TheFilmCave

★★★★★ Added by TheFilmCave

Fight Club is an incredible film with flawless direction from Fincher and great performances by Edward Norton and Brad Pitt. One of my favorites.

• jamesthegill

★★★★½ Watched by jamesthegill 20 Sep, 2015

I had never seen this before until it was Paul's choice for the David Fincher films from afar. Whenever I'd asked people about it they wouldn't tell me what it was like.

I wish I'd been able to watch it not knowing what the twist is, but that's what happens when you wait sixteen years to watch a film. It's very of its time - occupying a niche at the end of the 90s where the disaffected were struggling against the world (c.f. The Matrix) before 9/11 changed everything. It's definitely a film that I want to watch again, without the distraction of FFA.

• kuru

★★★★★ Added by kuru

marla singer is my role model for LIFE.

• Luca Lagerstrom

★★★★★ Rewatched by Luca Lagerstrom 03 Oct, 2015 2

It's only once we have lost everything, that we are free to do anything.

Back in 1999 when 'Fight Club' first came out, it was viewed by critics as a pointless mess only about violence and vandalism. Sure it is violent but not violent as in the way like 'hey! look! we're being violent!" but almost unconsciously violent. Today, it is viewed by most people as one of the greatest films following the consumerism of the subconscious mind, and also…

• Dave Fekete

★★★★★ Added by Dave Fekete

I creamed my pants while watching this movie. I was just so blown away by it. I heard people talking about how amazing it is but I just shrugged it off and thought that it was just hype and it wouldn't live up to what people had said about it. I was wrong. Fight Club lived up and even more to what people had said about it.

• PhCraft

★★★★½ Rewatched by PhCraft 27 Sep, 2015

Infamous for its twists and turns, as well as its powerful themes following some of the hypocrisies in first-world society (as relevant today as it was sixteen years ago), Fight Club is also a highly entertaining and expertly placed film on top of that, if often disturbing. After seeing it from a different perspective the second time (knowing the major plot twists in advance), it wasn't quite as rewarding as I was expecting to re-watch, though.

• Martin28

★★★★★ Rewatched by Martin28 30 Sep, 2015 3

"I am Jack's smirking revenge."

Fight Club is the epitome of reality in the new millennium. The consumerism, the capitalistic intention of big business, the corruption of authority and of course, the rebellion of those men who feel isolated by the barriers of their mundane existence. But Fight Club questions the necessity of morality in a world where things go wrong regardless of rules and order, so why even bother?

Perhaps the most striking part of Fight Club is the…

• Remi_Caron

★★★★ Watched by Remi_Caron 19 Sep, 2015

Not the best of Fincher but it grows on me with every viewing.

• Álvaro Reyes

★★★½ Added by Álvaro Reyes

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Inesperada, así calificaría yo esta cinta en la que vemos a un Edward Norton adicto a las compras e insomne con un alter ego molón-rebelde-enrollado que encarna Brad Pitt. Pierde a partir de que Norton se ponga a buscar a su alter ego, pero aún así está bien. Lo que es poco creíble es que el "club" que se montaron llegase tan lejos, al menos a mi parecer. Chapó por lo de los jabones hechos con grasa humana, joder.

• chcstorey3

★★★★½ Rewatched by chcstorey3 24 Sep, 2015

It's really hard to describe why this movie is so good. It has insane characters (literally), a fucked up story, and has a confusing twist ending that both makes all the sense in the world and makes now sense at all. But yet the absurd sequences and odd characters coupled with great dialogue make this film sort of endearing and an instant classic.

• Dana

★★★★★ Rewatched by Dana 20 Sep, 2015

I had previously marked this as 4.5 from memory, but having rewatched it now for the first time in about 10 years it deserves the 5/5.

It's one of those films I would give a finger for to watch again for the first time, not knowing the twist.