• RibBoy03

Added by RibBoy03

So you don't know the extent of the crapness that this film is. And you want know? Great! Because for a start there is Katy Perry. And our fave(in How I met Your Mother only!) Neil Patrick Harris. Seriously, it's about magical blue things in NY pursued by a dude with a name that smells like garbage smells. It's so stupid even the movie makes fun of it!

So don't watch. After all, you could be watching WALL-E instead.

• Conor Murnane

½ Added by Conor Murnane

Sony clearly forgot the golden rule; if you want your Hanna-Barbera adaptation to be decent, keep Raja Gosnell as far away from it as possible.

• Mathew Buck

Watched by Mathew Buck 19 Apr, 2015

This film is the product of four writers - let that sink in. Not one of them thought constantly ramming in the word 'smurf' or references to blue wasn't really smurfing annoying and would be repetitive as smurf. Absolutely loaded with toilet humour and aggressive product placement, this is as cynical as family films come, getting a number of "laughs" at cruelty delivered to Gargamel's cat. Neil Patrick Harris looks like he'd rather be anywhere else, and you end up…

• NikkiLee

½ Watched by NikkiLee 17 Apr, 2015

I saw this. It was pretty bad, but not the worst thing I had ever seen. It reminded me of the Alvin and the Chipmunk movies. And it was about as bad as them too. With all the celebrity live action cameos among the old fashioned animated icons, it reminded me a bit of the new Muppets film. Except the Muppets film was actually good.

• jadecanard

★★★ Added by jadecanard

Turns out the Smurfs live in a parallel universe. Fish-out-of-water antics ensue.

• marlonn

★★★½ Watched by marlonn 05 Apr, 2015 3

o gato Cruel

• Jack1704

★★★ Watched by Jack1704 08 Mar, 2015

Chinese, my kids and an animated film about little blue things.

Do Sundays get any better than that?

What do you get if cross a cow with a Smurf....blue cheese.

• Brian Hann

½ Added by Brian Hann

Kids loved it. I suffered it

• Adam Bolden

★★★ Watched by Adam Bolden 30 Dec, 2011

After years of being in production, The Smurfs has finally been released to the masses. Does all that time and effort show on screen? Absolutely not. But is the movie at least a fun, entertaining family movie that doesn't try too hard to be a cash cow? Well, the first half of that is right.

The Smurfs are a tribe of little blue creatures who live in mushrooms, are "three apples high" and are constantly on the run from an…

• littlekingdom

★★★★½ Added by littlekingdom

it was so cute I loved it and they were so small and funny I in joy it a lot you should too in joy

• Emma Lane

★★ Watched by Emma Lane 17 Aug, 2011

NL

• Panta Oz

★★★ Added by Panta Oz

can see that there is lots of negative reviews and I am interested to know why... really... what would people like to see done with the little blue cute creatures? Raja Gosnell directed it like it should be - the "Smurf way" - it has to be positive, cute and not too serious!

Neil Patrick Harris, Hank Azaria, Jayma Mays, and Sofía Vergara did nothing special, but good enough job for a watchable movie. It is the first CGI/live-action hybrid…