• Barrettboy69

★★★★★ Added by Barrettboy69

The sequel is just as funny as the first. Great films :0)

• Michael Schutz-Ryan

★★★★½ Added by Michael Schutz-Ryan

I love Fletch. This is almost as funny as the first one and just as thoroughly ridiculous.

• Scott Mick

★★★★ Watched by Scott Mick 01 Jan, 2015

I watched "Fletch" a few days ago and loved it. I couldn't wait to check out the sequel, "Fletch Lives". I was a little wary, though; comedy sequels don't exactly have the best track record. They usually repeat the exact same jokes and grow tiresome halfway though.

Luckily, "Fletch Lives" manages to deliver another solid detective story with even more laughs than its predecessor. This is mostly because the comedy is more "in your face" this time around; while the…

• Alesia

★★★★ Watched by Alesia 14 Jun, 2001

Chase's sequel to Fletch is just as good as the first movie, just as funny too. If you're a fan of his, you really should see this movie.

• Richard Naing

★★★★ Rewatched by Richard Naing 08 Nov, 2013

Not nearly as good as Fletch, but an automatic four stars. This is Irwin M. Fletch we're talking about here... Irwin Mahatma Fletch.

• Andrew K

★★★★ Watched by Andrew K 27 Apr, 2013

Excellent sequel. The supporting cast really shines on this one.

• Adrian Zachow

★★★½ Watched by Adrian Zachow 22 Jan, 2016

Fun sequel is really more of the same, but even more comfortable with silliness. Not every deadpan wisecrack Chase makes lands, but it is great undemanding viewing. I may be getting old, but they don't make them like this anymore.

• colino111

★★★½ Watched by colino111 25 Sep, 2015

gotta love chevy chase not as good as the original but for a sequel done well

• Matt

★★★½ Rewatched by Matt 14 Sep, 2015

A masterclass in character work. The scene where Chevy goes undercover as a guest healer was classic.

• kissman

★★★½ Added by kissman

Chevy Chase doesn't have a long history of making great movies, but I do have a soft spot for his 80s comedies and Fletch Lives doesn't disappoint. I'm not sure if Fletch even deserved a sequel, but we got one and I actually enjoyed it a smidgen more than the first go-around. Forget about the plot and all that other nonsense -- this is simply another vehicle for Chevy to do his smug, bumbling Chevy Chase thing and if you like his shtick, you'll probably like this movie.

• rossboyask

★★★½ Rewatched by rossboyask 05 Jul, 2015

Fast, funny comedy-thriller sequel, that gives fans of the first film exactly what they want. Chase is terrific once again.

• Nino Vukalovic

★★★½ Watched by Nino Vukalovic 03 May, 2015

A lot sillier that the first one. In the first movie, Fletch was able to talk his way out of bad situations but here he's basically James Bond. Not as good as the first movie, but still entertaining.