• Barrettboy69

★★★★★ Added by Barrettboy69

The sequel is just as funny as the first. Great films :0)

• Scott Mick

★★★★ Watched by Scott Mick 01 Jan, 2015

I watched "Fletch" a few days ago and loved it. I couldn't wait to check out the sequel, "Fletch Lives". I was a little wary, though; comedy sequels don't exactly have the best track record. They usually repeat the exact same jokes and grow tiresome halfway though.

Luckily, "Fletch Lives" manages to deliver another solid detective story with even more laughs than its predecessor. This is mostly because the comedy is more "in your face" this time around; while the…

• Alesia

★★★★ Watched by Alesia 14 Jun, 2001

Chase's sequel to Fletch is just as good as the first movie, just as funny too. If you're a fan of his, you really should see this movie.

• Richard Naing

★★★★ Rewatched by Richard Naing 08 Nov, 2013

Not nearly as good as Fletch, but an automatic four stars. This is Irwin M. Fletch we're talking about here... Irwin Mahatma Fletch.

• Andrew K

★★★★ Watched by Andrew K 27 Apr, 2013

Excellent sequel. The supporting cast really shines on this one.

• rossboyask

★★★½ Rewatched by rossboyask 05 Jul, 2015

Fast, funny comedy-thriller sequel, that gives fans of the first film exactly what they want. Chase is terrific once again.

• Nino Vukalovic

★★★½ Watched by Nino Vukalovic 03 May, 2015

A lot sillier that the first one. In the first movie, Fletch was able to talk his way out of bad situations but here he's basically James Bond. Not as good as the first movie, but still entertaining.

• Si Sharp

★★★½ Rewatched by Si Sharp 28 Jan, 2015

Look, I just can't critically evaluate this. The fact is if you put Chevy Chase in a movie, get him to dress up do silly voices and have him the rest of time as wisecracking super-confident Fletch then you've won me over.

Some of the jokes are funny but a lot blatantly aren't but it doesn't matter because every line makes me chuckle and I feel good about the world. Such is how much I love watching Chevy Chase.

I wish they'd been more Fletch films and I wish they'd been more Chevy Chase film that were any good.

• bicyclemark

★★★½ Rewatched by bicyclemark 17 Mar, 2014

"You don't think I used too many images of myself? -- Nah, it worked for the Ayatollah."

Again, it never gets the credit it deserves, but Fletch Lives is hilarious and they threw in the dude from Blazing Saddles who makes it extra funny.

• Noel O Donovan

★★★½ Added by Noel O Donovan

Chevy Chase repraises his role of news reported/wanna be private eye in this enjoyable sequel. Fletch Lives goes for the "fish out of water" scenario as the title character find himself embroiled in strange goings on in Louisana after inheriting a mansion "down south".
    Chase is on top form wheeling out a host of characters as he tries to piece the mystery together.
    Its just a shame Chevy ( a witnessed by his toe curling comedy roast ) turned into a hunourless wanker shortly after this.

• DirkH

★★★½ Rewatched by DirkH 12 Feb, 2013 9

Even though it is a complete repetition of moves made in the first film it still is so much fun.

Chase once again carries the film and is surrounded by an absolutely fantastic supporting cast. Where the comedy is equally successful as its predecessor, where it lags behind is in the plot. It is a bit too straightforward and uninspired to really leave a mark.

It is still surprisingly entertaining making this series a relic from the eighties well worth checking out.

• cmasong

★★★½ Watched by cmasong 15 Jan, 2013

Fletch Lives has some genuinely funny moments but doesn't achieve the same kind of casual, goofy fun of it's predecessor. Perhaps because Fletch Lives was just a re-do of Fletch that wasn't entirely necessary, just like that second trip to the buffet. It always seems like a good idea but after it's done you're left feeling bloated and gassy. What a great cast though, Cleavon Little, R. Lee Ermy and Randall "Tex" Cobb!