• monsoons

★½ Watched by monsoons 08 Jul, 2016

Limbless maggot creatures with cherubic baby faces. No, it's not a book of Cronenberg concept art, it's Fly Me To The Moon.

This is one of those kids movies that desperately wants to convince you that it's just like Pixar, but has no idea what makes those movies great and just feels like a cheap, off-putting cash-in. Like Pixar's Cars 2.

PowerPoint '97 level graphics and a hell of a lot of filler. These flies are less charming than those CG foot fungus monsters voiced by TJ Miller.

• Brandon

½ Watched by Brandon 25 Jun, 2016

There was no reason this movie needed to be made. The animation looks like a Saturday morning cartoon and even less of a story.

• Anna Smith

★★ Added by Anna Smith

Never again.

Might still be a bit better than Norm of the North.

• Matthew Minton

★★★ Rewatched by Matthew Minton 15 Aug, 2008

When I was a kid, I really loved this movie.

Now I look back at my ignorance, and see that this is just an ok movie.

Sure, it's dumb, cliche and stupid, but it's a decent popcorn flick that has some solid animation and ambitious ideas, but it just can't execute it's ideas fully.

However, like I said, it's just ok.

Grade: 5.8/10 or C+

• Eli Grasso

½ Added by Eli Grasso

"a shit splattering suck fuck dick of a film" - Dylan

• Oliver

½ Added by Oliver

I've been writing scripts wrong this whole time. Apparently all I had to do was think of a horrible pun and just go from there.

• Tim Sanders

★½ Added by Tim Sanders

The summer of 2008 was not very kind to the animated movie, and the folks at PIxar are to blame. Every year they release a movie that's so good, it makes all the other kids movie look that much worse by comparison. Not that it would take a great movie to make "Fly Me to the Moon" to look bad...

The filmmakers had to know they didn't have a lot going on here, so they fell back on 3-D, which…

• Veronica

½ Watched by Veronica 27 Dec, 2014 2

if you were thinking an animation about flies that go to outer space could not be sexist - you would be wrong
    where did they get fly sized space suits
    this is so dumb

• Toni Roig

½ Watched by Toni Roig 29 Jun, 2013

[Spanish/ English review]

Being accidentally exposed to ond of the poorest filmic animations experiences of recent memory. Oldfashionedly patriotic, antropocentric, boring, predictable and remarkably uncreative, it has it all. It makes me wonder whether using 'that' Strauss vals in a montage sequence set in space should be punishable.

Accidentalmente expuesto a una de las más pobres experiencias de animación que pueda recordar. Anticuadamente patriotera, antropocéntrica, aburrida, precedible y notablemente poco creativa, lo tiene todo. Me ha hecho también pensar si utilizar 'ese' vals de Strauss en una secuencia de montaje situada en el espacio no debería ser punible.

• Nick Floyd