• Kirk Gospel

★★★★ Watched by Kirk Gospel 29 Mar, 2015

I'm listing this as a first time watch but i'm sure i watched it as a kid.

• Nick Doucet

★★★★½ Watched by Nick Doucet 29 Mar, 2015

Every bit as good as everyone says it is

• Alex Gidley

Added by Alex Gidley

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

In the world of Forrest Gump, the eponymous character's retardation apparently makes him the man that is responsible for a good number of the improvement of relations between the whites and the blacks during the civil rights movement, a war hero, a world champion ping pong player and be able to be immune to AIDS.

In reality, in this time in history, if Forrest was a real person, he would be dead in a gutter before he even managed any of these, or at least dead from the AIDS.

• lloyd burgess

★★★★★ Watched by lloyd burgess 26 Mar, 2015

This is one if not my favourite films of all time. Beautifully acted, great story just pure brilliant

• Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

★★★★★ Added by Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

A cinematic and narrative gem.

• Jabberwocky

★★★★ Watched by Jabberwocky 24 Mar, 2015

I'm just going to state the obvious: "Forrest Gump" is a BEAUTIFUL film. And when I'm saying beautiful, I mean that when the screen gets dark and the credits start passing there would be a sweet, warm feeling inside of you. Amazing direction and Tom Hanks gave an outstanding performance!

• Bobby Karmi

★★½ Added by Bobby Karmi

My relationship with Forrest Gump as a movie is complicated to say the least. On one hand, it is a technically brilliant film seamlessly mixing advanced special effects into the narrative with little to no distraction or detection, the acting is uniformly strong, and it is ultimately well told. On the other, it continues Zemeckis' trend of white washing history, its handling of female characters is cheap at best and toxic at worst, and its sentimental to the point of…

• Jamie Rogers

★★★½ Added by Jamie Rogers

Forrest Gump isn't the amazing movie everyone seems to think it is; it's overly sentimental and drags on a bit, but it still is a pretty good movie.

• Zachariah Yuzon

★★★★★ Watched by Zachariah Yuzon 21 Mar, 2015

At first, I thought the movie was pretty random, but as it progressed, could not help but feel for Forrest and his heart of gold. Although the message and plot of the movie could be interpreted in many ways, I think that the point is to make the viewer feel something, which I did.

• rockyhorror

★★★★★ Added by rockyhorror

* run forrest, run!
    * charming and bittersweet
    * essential tom hanks

• Josh Surratt

★★½ Added by Josh Surratt

Not really a fan of this film. Not to say that it's bad - I think it's a very impressive film with terrific performances and a great idea, with some outstanding visual effects.

That being said, I don't buy into the hype about this flick. I think it's gotten a bit too much praise that I don't exactly believe it deserves. For example, this won Best Picture in 1994. Why? I personally believe Pulp Fiction was the most-deserving that year,…

• JuicyGS

★★★★ Added by JuicyGS

Chocolate loving, often quoted simpleton, enjoys fullest life recorded in human history. All the while dreaming of a happy place with his “Jenny” and enjoying an open invitation to the White House. Hanks unlimited likeability used to its fullest