• Daryl

★★★★★ Rewatched by Daryl 18 Apr, 2014

On each viewing of Forrest Gump I feel like I'm watching it for the first time, such an exquisite film, a superb story with Bob Zemeckis doing an brilliant job directing this modern day classic. The whole cast are fantastic with Robin Wright and Gary Sinise delivering great supporting roles but Tom Hanks is exceptional and breaks me time and time again.

Forrest Gump is my hero...

• Suzanne Moses

★★½ Added by Suzanne Moses

My feelings about this movie are heavily influenced by my father's absolute hate for it. Great script and wonderful performances, but it just doesn't work for me.

• Jeloy

★★★½ Added by Jeloy

Considered a classic. Not much to say but I like it.

• mikemath3

★★★ Added by mikemath3

Liked it.

• Neth

Rewatched by Neth 13 Apr, 2014

Ugh.

• Chevalier

½ Added by Chevalier

The problem is not just the agenda the movie has, glamorizing ignorance, trivializing history, and attacking counter-culture. The basic problem is having a lead "hero" who might just be the less interesting character in the history of cinema. Forrest sees some of the most important events in modern history, and he learns nothing from them. Is all about him being a goofy easy-to-manipulate "charming" guy, so the audience might go "awww" over and over. Repulsive, manipulative, is the kind of propaganda John Carpenter was trying to warn us about in They Live.

• Jon Wiemer

★★★★ Watched by Jon Wiemer 14 Apr, 2014

This was different, as is this piece of art.

I've watched this countless times on television on almost every single channel, but this time was different.

Was crying at the end which I've never done before and that right there speaks for the power of entertainment done right. Forrest Gump is something you've never seen before and just communicates all the right messages.

Wow.

• Alex Krajci

★★★★ Rewatched by Alex Krajci 12 Apr, 2014

I Like 1994's Forrest Gump.

• Michael Kastner

★★★★★ Rewatched by Michael Kastner 11 Apr, 2014

Toller Cast, tolle Geschichte, tolle Effekte. Wunderbar inszeniert. Immer wieder gut. Klassiker.

• Gwyndaf Lewis

★★★★½ Watched by Gwyndaf Lewis 09 Apr, 2014

Very inspirational..
    Amazing watch

Tom Hanks - Amazing!

• hockeyfan15

★★★★★ Rewatched by hockeyfan15 05 Apr, 2014

Prior review: Wow! What an excellent movie! No wonder this won best picture. I just love how he sees the world so simply; that's what made this movie so good.

Things to add: I'm glad I bought this and re-watched it. It has now moved from #4 to #3 in my all time favorites.

• cineedo