• Carlos

★★★★½ Added by Carlos

• Si Sharp

★★★★★ Rewatched by Si Sharp 22 Oct, 2014

There are two people in this world. Those who like Forrest Gump and psychopaths.

Also features two of the worst journalists ever when they report that "Forrest Gump, a gardener from Greenbow County has been running for two years". Not Forrest Gump, the distinctively named war hero, sports hero, famous business owner and multi-millionaire?

• Andy Lunn

★★½ Watched by Andy Lunn 18 Oct, 2014

For nearly 20 years I hated Gump; but in truth, I'd never actually seen all of it.
    Now that I have, I can appreciate it as a piece of filmmaking, technically impressive for its time and a pretty interesting look at history; cleverly told from the perspective of a person that couldn't really form a political opinion, nor develop a prejudice based on race or social standing.

It was still rather too sentimental for me and I still found the…

• Elena Everdeen.

★★★★★ Added by Elena Everdeen.

"Stupid is as stupid does," says Forrest Gump (played by Tom Hanks in an Oscar-winning performance) as he discusses his relative level of intelligence with a stranger while waiting for a bus. Despite his sub-normal IQ, Gump leads a truly charmed life, with a ringside seat for many of the most memorable events of the second half of the 20th century. Entirely without trying, Forrest teaches Elvis Presley to dance, becomes a football star, meets John F. Kennedy, serves with…

• Chris Gelderd

★★★★ Rewatched by Chris Gelderd 20 Oct, 2014

This 1994 American comedy-drama film is based on the 1986 novel of the same name by Winston Groom, is directed by Robert Zemeckis and stars Tom Hanks, Robin Wright, Gary Sinise, Mykelti Williamson and Sally Field.

Slow-witted, naïve but kind-hearted and athletically prodigious Forrest Gump (Hanks) waits at a bus stop to meet his long-term on/off girlfriend Jenny (Wright) in 1981 Alabama. He happily recalls events from his childhood, young adult and later years to various commuters at the bus…

• Matthew Murray

★★★★★ Watched by Matthew Murray 19 Oct, 2014

I finally got around to watching Forrest Gump when it was playing at my local IMAX theater. Firstly, it looks beautiful on the IMAX screen. I really got a good chance to breathe in the visual exquisiteness that Roebrt Zemicks filled this film with. It should be seen on a cinema screen.

Now I'll admit right off the bat that this film had a few cringe-worthy moments for me. I wonder if this was one of the first films that…

View

• The Movie Opinionist: Dale Hutchinson (Watching Movies, Giving Stars and Opinions... Like a Boss)

★★½ Added by The Movie Opinionist: Dale Hutchinson (Watching Movies, Giving Stars and Opinions... Like a Boss)

Hey Forrest, There's this thing at the bottom of the chocolate box that gives you a complete layout and which piece is where. Amazing!!! it's like some sort of black art. Seems Mamma was talking some crazy jibber jabber. or out her ass.

• JulieC

★★★★★ Rewatched by JulieC 14 Oct, 2014

Lieutenant Daniel Taylor: Have you found Jesus yet, Gump?
    Forrest Gump: I didn't know I was supposed to be looking for him, sir.

• Omkar Joshi

★★★★★ Added by Omkar Joshi

Masterpiece Quality of its own..

• Abdullah Muhana

★★★★½ Added by Abdullah Muhana

greatest movie

• Sarfaraz Abbasi

★★★★ Added by Sarfaraz Abbasi

This is terrific Tom Hanks films, directed by Robert Zemeckis. So dramatic, covering the major events in the history of USA, with Forrest Gump always there to witness!

Wonderful performance of Tom Hanks which won him his second consecutive Best Actor Oscar win. Loved the opening scene!

• joelymalereview

★★★★★ Rewatched by joelymalereview 11 Oct, 2014 3

One of my all time favorite films.