• Barry Potter

★★★★★ Rewatched by Barry Potter 07 Jul, 2014

stupid is as stupid does. you're stupid if you don't love this film! ha!

• Christian R

★★★ Rewatched by Christian R 06 Jul, 2014

After 20 years you just cannot deny it's a very enjoyable film to watch. That being said, it's weird. It just doesn't go down easy because most of it seems ridiculous to say the least. It borders on being both comedy and drama but never really sticks to one. Looking back, winning the Best Picture award seems just ludicrous to me...

• Lobezno Estepario

★★★★ Rewatched by Lobezno Estepario 13 Nov, 2012

Tomando la idea de introducir al protagonista en sucesos históricos de Zelig (Woody Allen) se efectuaba toda una ovación al sueño americano y al sistema establecido en el que todos podemos ser lo que queramos mientras sigamos las reglas. En palabras del Capitán América, mientras se señala la frente: "¿Qué crees que significa esta A, Francia?''. El colmo es enterarte de que se basa en un libro que es una sátira salvaje al sueño americano. Me maravilla esa capacidad del…

• Cody Wilson

★★★★½ Added by Cody Wilson

How can you not love Forrest Gump?

• WateringCanBro

★★½ Added by WateringCanBro

"Mama always said, life is like a box of chocolates. You don't know what you're getting." (Forrest Gump)

I have already alluded in another review to the fact that this movie is a story of its own for me.
    The story is, in the late 90s, my naive teenage self loved that movie religiously and would have rated it 5 out of 5 stars.
    Emotionally, I'm afraid I could still be manipulated into liking it and crying my eyes out…

• Ben Ace

★★★★★ Added by Ben Ace

This movie is a masterpiece.

• Mohamed Radwan

★★★ Added by Mohamed Radwan

Such an overrated, ridiculous film that does not only feature one of the most overrated performances of all time, but it's also a film that tries to be funny and emotional which makes it nonsensical, and laughable.

• acidpolice

★★ Added by acidpolice 1

LITERALLY MEIN KAMPF!!!

Nah, it's just another hallmark greeting card 90s drama.

It's not like there's no truth to the message people got out of it. "Questioning the status quo" as a philosophy in itself is just the inverted version conforming to your system, thus it's just as conformist. Hence counterculture having been commodified and reduced to edgy t-shirts and piercings in the past few decades, and the hypocrisy of the new dominant paradigm that's all about instant gratification and…

• Dave Sloboda

★★★★★ Added by Dave Sloboda

Is it sappy? Definitely. But I'll be damned if I don't love this movie. It's also one of those movies that never fails to get the peepers all misty.

• GiddyNGleeful

★★★½ Added by GiddyNGleeful

I don't particularly get all the hype for this film, but I liked the story, and I applaud the filmmakers' effort at poorly Photoshopping Tom Hanks into various historical events.

• Chetan

★★★★★ Rewatched by Chetan 27 Jun, 2014

I haven't seen this film for around 15 years. But wow, I'm glad I watched it again now, because I truly felt I appreciated it more now. Sure, I liked it before, but now I know how wonderful it really is.

Such a beautifully constructed film. Direction, acting, score, effects, story...it all comes together to give the audience an epic and just god damn lovely movie.

It hits the heart strings plenty of times, provides plenty of laughs, and educates you along the way.

Everybody must watch this movie. Can't believe it is 20 years old. A timeless classic though.

• wfox

★★ Rewatched by wfox 20 Jun, 2014

I saw this film a long time ago and couldn't remember if I liked it or not.

I recently read a book that was touted as the "Swedish Forrest Gump" but the book was WAY better than this movie. It encompassed all of 20th-century history and not just the Vietnam War. It was way more interesting and after reading that book, this movie was bland.

I like Vietnam stories... but I didn't like this one.