• Fran

★★★★ Added by Fran

I mean, of course I like this.

• Fsjallink

Direction: 8/10
    Pacing/Editing: 8/10

• 6thfret

★★½ Added by 6thfret

Liked it a bit better this time. Hanks is great, though.

• WAHart91

★★★½ Watched by WAHart91 25 Oct, 2014

Brilliant story, funny and heartwarming with an excellent soundtrack.
    As people have always told me this film was good I was expecting to hate this or not get what people saw in the story.
    I'm glad to say the film lived up to it's credits and left me almost as moved as the Notebook did.

• Kaisergustaf

★★★½ Rewatched by Kaisergustaf 14 Oct, 2014

I hated this when it came out. The idea that low IQ achieves greatness offended my snobby Intellectual egotistic self. Youth carries with it the innocence of hedonism and now that Im older, I have no such filter in front of me.
    Tom Hanks always delivers. Here he is sublime.

• codeck

★★★★½ Added by codeck

Una de mis películas favoritas. Maravillosa tanto artística como técnicamente. Actuaciones ejemplares y la historia preciosa.

• aurora ruin

★★★★ Added by aurora ruin

i'm stuck between thinking this was a great movie to thinking it was beyond eh

• Carlos

★★★★½ Added by Carlos

• Si Sharp

★★★★★ Rewatched by Si Sharp 22 Oct, 2014 6

There are two people in this world. Those who like Forrest Gump and psychopaths.

Also features two of the worst journalists ever when they report that "Forrest Gump, a gardener from Greenbow County has been running for two years". Not Forrest Gump, the distinctively named war hero, sports hero, famous business owner and multi-millionaire?

• Andy Lunn

★★½ Watched by Andy Lunn 18 Oct, 2014

For nearly 20 years I hated Gump; but in truth, I'd never actually seen all of it.
    Now that I have, I can appreciate it as a piece of filmmaking, technically impressive for its time and a pretty interesting look at history; cleverly told from the perspective of a person that couldn't really form a political opinion, nor develop a prejudice based on race or social standing.

It was still rather too sentimental for me and I still found the…

• Elena Diecinueve

★★★★★ Added by Elena Diecinueve

"Stupid is as stupid does," says Forrest Gump (played by Tom Hanks in an Oscar-winning performance) as he discusses his relative level of intelligence with a stranger while waiting for a bus. Despite his sub-normal IQ, Gump leads a truly charmed life, with a ringside seat for many of the most memorable events of the second half of the 20th century. Entirely without trying, Forrest teaches Elvis Presley to dance, becomes a football star, meets John F. Kennedy, serves with…

• Chris Gelderd

★★★★ Rewatched by Chris Gelderd 20 Oct, 2014

This 1994 American comedy-drama film is based on the 1986 novel of the same name by Winston Groom, is directed by Robert Zemeckis and stars Tom Hanks, Robin Wright, Gary Sinise, Mykelti Williamson and Sally Field.

Slow-witted, naïve but kind-hearted and athletically prodigious Forrest Gump (Hanks) waits at a bus stop to meet his long-term on/off girlfriend Jenny (Wright) in 1981 Alabama. He happily recalls events from his childhood, young adult and later years to various commuters at the bus…