• Devon Seltzer

★★★★½ Watched by Devon Seltzer 02 Nov, 2014

***Continuing My Education: Lesson #31***

I'm not going to lie, I didn't go into Forrest Gump with the best of intentions, I've spent a long time actively not caring about this film, and fully planned on disliking it from the get-go. As you can tell from my star rating, things didn't go quite according to plan, I guess you really never know what you're going to get. The film chronicles the life of one Forrest Gump, a simple, not too…

• John Winters

★★★★★ Added by John Winters

I love 'Forrest Gump'. At some point it became the cool thing to rag on this film, and I'm not sure I understand why. Sure it's full of propaganda, but I think you could that about a lot of movies released every year. Tom Hanks is great, it's a good story, it's funny, and it has one of my all-time favorite scenes in film: young Forrest trying to run from the bullies and his leg braces breaking off. Movie magic.

• Fran

★★★★ Added by Fran

I mean, of course I like this.

• Fsjallink

Direction: 8/10
    Pacing/Editing: 8/10

• 6thfret

★★½ Added by 6thfret

Liked it a bit better this time. Hanks is great, though.

• WAHart91

★★★½ Watched by WAHart91 25 Oct, 2014

Brilliant story, funny and heartwarming with an excellent soundtrack.
    As people have always told me this film was good I was expecting to hate this or not get what people saw in the story.
    I'm glad to say the film lived up to it's credits and left me almost as moved as the Notebook did.

• Kaisergustaf

★★★½ Rewatched by Kaisergustaf 14 Oct, 2014

I hated this when it came out. The idea that low IQ achieves greatness offended my snobby Intellectual egotistic self. Youth carries with it the innocence of hedonism and now that Im older, I have no such filter in front of me.
    Tom Hanks always delivers. Here he is sublime.

• codeck

★★★★½ Added by codeck

Una de mis películas favoritas. Maravillosa tanto artística como técnicamente. Actuaciones ejemplares y la historia preciosa.

• aurora ruin

★★★★ Added by aurora ruin

i'm stuck between thinking this was a great movie to thinking it was beyond eh

• Carlos

★★★★½ Added by Carlos

• Si Sharp

★★★★★ Rewatched by Si Sharp 22 Oct, 2014 6

There are two people in this world. Those who like Forrest Gump and psychopaths.

Also features two of the worst journalists ever when they report that "Forrest Gump, a gardener from Greenbow County has been running for two years". Not Forrest Gump, the distinctively named war hero, sports hero, famous business owner and multi-millionaire?

• Andy Lunn

★★½ Watched by Andy Lunn 18 Oct, 2014

For nearly 20 years I hated Gump; but in truth, I'd never actually seen all of it.
    Now that I have, I can appreciate it as a piece of filmmaking, technically impressive for its time and a pretty interesting look at history; cleverly told from the perspective of a person that couldn't really form a political opinion, nor develop a prejudice based on race or social standing.

It was still rather too sentimental for me and I still found the…