• Zodokai

★★★★ Rewatched by Zodokai 07 Apr, 2016

"Do dogs pee on brick walls? I mean, yes sir, sure we can do it again."

This film was certainly a childhood favorite of mine. It's been so long since the last time I watched this movie that I honestly can't even recall how many years it's been. I don't think I've seen this since at least 1999. Despite that, oddly specific points of this film have always stuck in my mind. The design underground observation area, the harmonica, stepping…

• Princess Leia

★★½ Watched by Princess Leia 01 Apr, 2016

Just down right boring, but the only good I like is the Michael Jackson song during the credits, and there were some places where the leading boy JUST WOULDN'T SHUT UP.

• BHCcorp.

★★ Added by BHCcorp.

"This is the story about a boy and his willy-

Let me try that again.

This is a story about a boy and his relationship with his little whale-

This is the story about a boy who likes to hold on to his big fish-

Ok, this ISN'T what you think.

It has Michael Jackson in it-

Ok, just roll it."

-Doug Walker

• Dirkk

★★½ Rewatched by Dirkk 16 Mar, 2016

I do enjoy this movie. However, what keeps it from being a true childhood favorite is the runtime. Nearly two hours long while at least 40 minutes of the movie is unnecessary filler.

Great family watch.

• Jameson Berthiaume

★★★ Rewatched by Jameson Berthiaume 07 Mar, 2016

This was a childhood favorite. I stumbled upon it via Amazon Prime. I still enjoy it even though Blackfish scarred me.

• Victoria

★★ Added by Victoria

D

• IkeTurnerBitch

★★★★★ Added by IkeTurnerBitch 6

2 stars on letterbxd? You assholes!! This is a masterpiece. Save the whales and backed up by one of the most uplifting songs of all time!!! How dare you people of letterbox!!!

• Dave Mello

★★ Added by Dave Mello

Trying too hard to be inspirational.

• Chris West

★★ Watched by Chris West 14 Feb, 2016

A film about a troubled youth and a whale. Alright film. Really nothing special besides it was filmed in Vancouver. :)

• Cropsy

★★½ Rewatched by Cropsy 04 Feb, 2016

It's sad that when I see Michael Madsen's face, the first movie I think of is Free Willy. It DID come out when I was five so I suppose that has something to do with it. I haven't seen it in around twenty years so I figured, what the hell? Did it hold up? Fuck no, but it was fun going back.

• Michael Johnson

★★★½ Rewatched by Michael Johnson 31 Jan, 2016

Blackwood

• Marianna Mr

Watched by Marianna Mr 21 Jan, 2016

Recuerdo que la vi en los cines incendiados de "Plaza dorada"