• Foggy Pebble

★★½ Watched by Foggy Pebble 26 Mar, 2015

I hope that if I ever were to become a famous artist and radical political activist and I happen to also have a relationship with someone at some point, the person that writes my biopic doesn't center the entire damn story around that relationship.

• irene

★★★½ Watched by irene 26 Mar, 2015

I thought this movie was really good and I liked it a lot, but I feel like it was focusing on Frida Kahlo as someone mainly defined by her relationship with Diego Rivera and her physical pain. I mean she seems like a strong, passionate woman, but it's a little disappointing it was more about her suffering and pretty much left out all of her political ideas and her as a political activist in general.

• nasibe

★★★★★ Watched by nasibe 13 Mar, 2015

Woah, what a movie. I can't believe Frida is only remembered for her self-portraits and her monobrow. That woman was a Mexican queer communist with a disability who fought for what she loved in an oppressive and repressive political and social climate despite her limitations.

• Sarah

★★★★ Added by Sarah

I knew next to nil about Frida Kahlo's life, and this film really brought her to life for me. What an interesting character. (Among other things, she pulled Trotsky and Josephine Baker; if that isn't badass I don't know what is).

Salma Hayek was fantastic, made me forget she was acting. The storyline could have been stronger, but I was still very much engaged throughout the film. This may be a testament to the excellent performances of all the actors.…

• Cass Nicholas

★★★★½ Rewatched by Cass Nicholas 26 Feb, 2015

Had to rewatch it to help write my essay. I loved this even more the second time.

• A.C. Neel

★★★★ Watched by A.C. Neel 23 Feb, 2015

Captivating look at the pain and joy of the life of artist Frida Kahlo. The surrealist elements of the film beautifully capture the spirit of the artist's work. Great performances and wonderfully shot.

• Scott Kaczynski

★★★★ Watched by Scott Kaczynski 21 Feb, 2015

I've been wanting to see this film for awhile, and I was excited to see that it was streaming on Netflix. A lot of times, accessibility determines what is being watched in my house.

I was glad to see that my anticipation was not undeserved. Frida tells the story of famous modern artist Frida Kahlo. I have always been a fan of her art, but never knew much about her life. Like most successful people, life was not easy for…

• Rootbean

★★★ Watched by Rootbean 20 Feb, 2015

Salma Hayek's delicious tits.

I was worried the film was going to try and sell me a fake feminist with a tediously symbolic monobrow, but Frida won me over in the end as a drunken crippled shagg-piece that did some nice pictures.

This had me on Wikipedia afterwards, which made me realise they could have done better. A sex scene with Frida's polio leg in clear display would have been a nice addition, for example. At least it was fun…

• PedroRema

★★★★★ Rewatched by PedroRema 15 Feb, 2015

Such a "wonderful" life, i really adore Frida and her personality. the best filmes and life i ever seen.

• tjeckz

★★★½ Watched by tjeckz 07 Feb, 2015

Directed by Julie Taymor, Music by Elliot Goldenthal. 123 min. R. Starring: Salma Hayek (Frida Kahlo), Mia Maestro (Cristina Kahlo), Alfred Molina (Diego Rivera), Antonio Banderas (David Alfaro Siqueiros), Valeria Golino (Lupe Marin), Geoffrey Rush (Leon Trotsky), Diego Luna (Alejando “Alex”), Edward Norton (Nelson Rockefeller), Roger Rees (Guillermo Kahlo), Ashley Judd (Tina Modotti), Saffron Burrows (Gracie), Patricia Reyes Spindola (Matilde Kahlo), Margarita Sanz (Natalia Trotsky), Didi Conn (Waitress). Unique biography of a unique woman, Frida follows its title character through…

• Cass Nicholas

★★★★½ Watched by Cass Nicholas 11 Feb, 2015

This was amazing and i loved this so much. It's on Netflix so everyone should watch this

• Daniel

★★★½ Watched by Daniel 11 Feb, 2015

I watched this because I'm currently taking a class with one of the screenwriters. Fortunately, the script was one of the best parts of this production, alongside Taymor's stunning direction and Hayek's fierce performance. I'm not typically one to enjoy the general biopic, and although this one acted as a portrait of a marriage just as much as a portrait of an artist, I just wasn't that interested in Kahlo's love life.