• Tristan McErlean

★★★½ Watched by Tristan McErlean 11 Feb, 2016

Frida is a beautifully made film with beautiful cinematography, a great performance from Salma Hayek and Alfred Molina, as well as very good writing. The beautiful color in the cinematography adds a beautiful sense of culture while also adding such a great tone. The tone of the film is an art on it's own: a heartbreaking story with a hopelessly optimistic light to it. Salma Hayek had a very tough job with this film: a subtle yet crazy performance was…

• jumine

★★★★ Added by jumine

Beautiful cinematography, well-executed buildup of anticipation in almost any given scene, and a p adequate integration of the paintings into the movie without it being cheesy.

• Kayla

★★★ Watched by Kayla 04 Feb, 2016

we don't deserve salma hayek

• Coraline Castell

★★★★ Watched by Coraline Castell 25 Jan, 2016

Frida Kahlo: I had two big accidents in my life Diego, the trolley and you... You are by far the worse.

Earlier this month, I went to a Frida Kahlo exposition in my city. I wouldn't miss it for the world. Several of her original paintings and sketches were there, alongside other great women's. A few days later I proceeded to watch a play (which I despised to every last fiber of my body) about Frida y Diego.

The exposition…

• Ava Davis

★★★½ Watched by Ava Davis 13 Jan, 2016

salma hayek has big areolas and i'm happy about that i'm no longer body conscious thanks frida

• Henrique Luvizeto

★★★★ Watched by Henrique Luvizeto 07 Jan, 2016

Ter lido a biografia dessa grande mulher fez com que eu sentisse falta de alguns capítulos da vida dela, porém o filme é muito bom!

• invisiblesophia

★★★★★ Added by invisiblesophia

This movie was absolutely amazing. It was like reading a whole book on someone's life. I didn't exactly know who Frida was as a person before watching this film, but after watching it, I can understand her life and what drove her to make art. Her relative, after watching the movie, said that it was a very accurate portrayal of Frida, and I think Salma Hayek did an amazing job. All of the acting was amazing and the cinematography exceeded expectations.

• Angie Rofer

★★★★ Watched by Angie Rofer 05 Jan, 2016

Me agrada bastante que Julie Taymor haya dirigido la película biográfica de Frida Kahlo, sus películas son muy estéticas y considero que a una película sobre una artista tan creativa le corresponde una directora creativa.
    Las actuaciones estuvieron bien, aunque no soy gran fan de haberla hecho completamente en inglés, el casting estuvo acertado, yo realmente sentía que estaba viendo a Frida Kahlo y a Diego Rivera, el romance fue bien armado, había química, no se sintió forzado y creo que los tiempos estuvieron decentes, no se sintió ni tan rápida ni tan lenta y resumieron bien la biografía.

• Marlo Muñoz

★★★ Watched by Marlo Muñoz 11 Oct, 2015

Biopic al uso para el total lucimiento de su protagonista Salma Hayek, entretenido y poco mas.

• Daniel Araújo

★★★★ Watched by Daniel Araújo 19 Dec, 2015

Such a good movie, a beatiful biography of Frida Kahlo, so many emotions and such a wonderful acting, the aching and all the pain during her life it's sadly beautiful, as an artist I believe that art it's putting yourself in your work and Frida it's just the right example of it. Anyways, such a great movie to watch if you love her job and the mexican culture.

• horrorfan

★★★★ Watched by horrorfan 12 Dec, 2015

A great biopic about the life of Friday Kahlo. Salma Hayek is outstanding as it the directing and cinematography. As a Spanish speaker however, I think having the actors speak with a heavy English accent was awkward and detracted from the film. I would have loved to see it filmed in Spanish instead.

• Leila Amara