• Jim Schen

★★★ Watched by Jim Schen 14 Nov, 2015

Film #19 of the 2015 Scavenger Hunt November Challenge!
    Task #5: A biopic film.
    My Scavenger Hunt November 2015 List .

Frida is a solid biopic of the life of artist Frida Kahlo. It begins with a childhood injury and continues through he artistic career and focusses on her rocky relationship with Diego Rivera. Selma Hayek is very good as Frida. Alfred Molina is also fun to watch as Diego Rivera. The film did a good job of showing how Frida's life experiences influenced her art.

• caroline

½ Watched by caroline 15 Nov, 2015

O filme é sobre a vida de mexicanxs, quantas pessoas são de nacionalidade mexicana? 1
    O filme deveria ser sobre a vida de Frida Kahlo, mas sobre o que realmente fala: Relacionamentos Hétero Afetivos De Frida Kahlo.
    Uns efeito massa em relação as pinturas dela, porém só isso mesmo.

• Wen

★★ Added by Wen

Don't get married

• Aura

★★★ Added by Aura

well it was an experience

• diannecatsby

★★★★★ Added by diannecatsby

• Alex

★★★½ Watched by Alex 01 Nov, 2015

Pretty good biopic about artist Frida Kahlo, Frida is a film that features a very good performance by Salma Hayek. The film is skillfully directed by director Julie Taymor who previously helmed the highly stylish drama Titus. The film is well told and has plenty to offer. Overall, Frida is a worthwhile film, but at times there could have been a few improvements here and there to really make it a standout biopic. I was very much surprised by the…

• emma renton

★★½ Watched by emma renton 26 Oct, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

thought this was gonna be a film about the feminist, bi-sexual, disabled, badass, artist Frida Kahlo but instead got a 2 hour long film about her relationship with fuckboy Diego. Salma Hayek is an amazing actress but no way in hell did they make her hairy enough????? u can't just add a unibrow and be like BOOM FRIDA KAHLO. where was the moustache where were the sideburns where was the leg hair, the arm hair, THE PUBIC HAIR CMON PEOPLE
    imo the stop animation/art to human crossover/surrealism should have stayed constant throughout the whole film rather than just a few scenes lasting a few seconds

• Hannah Renton

★★★ Rewatched by Hannah Renton 26 Oct, 2015

visually stunning but why couldn't it focus more on frida's life and art and less on her annoying love interest????

• Varghese Eapen

★★★ Watched by Varghese Eapen 26 Oct, 2015

How does one cheat on Salma Hayek, i mean come on!! Even underneath that whole new makeup the Mexican bombshell looks as desirable as ever..Sadly the movie is a misfire..I wish they had shot it in Spanish to bring in more authenticity with Pedro Almodovar as director, that would have surely done it justice! Very less attention is paid to the artist as a whole and to what inspired her art. This is like a dolled up end product overall. All glitz and very little meat.

• Leandro Luz

★★★★ Added by Leandro Luz

Cinebiografias costumam me incomodar bastante, mas o que Julie Taymor fez em Frida me deixou completamente satisfeito e esperançoso: o gênero não está perdido! Geralmente, neste tipo de filme, o roteiro costuma ser apressado e com caráter episódico, por uma necessidade óbvia de querer confinar toda a vida de uma pessoa em duas horas de projeção - o que poderia ser facilmente contornado caso os roteiristas assumissem ser melhor fazer um recorte e contar direito uma história. O que me…

• Daniel Mármol

★★★ Watched by Daniel Mármol 15 Oct, 2015

Es un biography que está muy bien hecho, pero que no pasa más de eso, al terminar verdaderamente no quedan ganas de volver a verlo, a diferencia de como sucede con los realmente buenos. Entretiene lo suficiente todo lo que dura y a diferencia de muchos, pienso que Salma Hayek hizo una buena interpretación acá, es increíble el parecido con Frida Kahlo, un personaje mexicano bastante interesante.

Nota curiosa: 4 de las 7 películas que he visto donde aparece Edward Norton las he puntado con 3 estrellas.

"I had two big accidents in my life Diego, the trolley and you... You are by far the worse."

• Amelia

★★★★ Watched by Amelia 10 Oct, 2015

I feel like this film captured the essence of Frida Khalo. That is, someone who was marred by tragedy and heartbreak but lived life to the full despite her hardships. I admire Frida Khalo so my liking for this film is affected by that. I have to admit this film does uh, paint her in her positive light and it doesn't address her questionable political allegiances later in life.