• Cass Nicholas

★★★★½ Rewatched by Cass Nicholas 26 Feb, 2015

Had to rewatch it to help write my essay. I loved this even more the second time.

• A.C. Neel

★★★★ Watched by A.C. Neel 23 Feb, 2015

Captivating look at the pain and joy of the life of artist Frida Kahlo. The surrealist elements of the film beautifully capture the spirit of the artist's work. Great performances and wonderfully shot.

• Scott Kaczynski

★★★★ Watched by Scott Kaczynski 21 Feb, 2015

I've been wanting to see this film for awhile, and I was excited to see that it was streaming on Netflix. A lot of times, accessibility determines what is being watched in my house.

I was glad to see that my anticipation was not undeserved. Frida tells the story of famous modern artist Frida Kahlo. I have always been a fan of her art, but never knew much about her life. Like most successful people, life was not easy for…

• Rootbean

★★★ Watched by Rootbean 20 Feb, 2015

Salma Hayek's delicious tits.

I was worried the film was going to try and sell me a fake feminist with a tediously symbolic monobrow, but Frida won me over in the end as a drunken crippled shagg-piece that did some nice pictures.

This had me on Wikipedia afterwards, which made me realise they could have done better. A sex scene with Frida's polio leg in clear display would have been a nice addition, for example. At least it was fun…

• PedroRema

★★★★★ Rewatched by PedroRema 15 Feb, 2015

Such a "wonderful" life, i really adore Frida and her personality. the best filmes and life i ever seen.

• tjeckz

★★★½ Watched by tjeckz 07 Feb, 2015

Directed by Julie Taymor, Music by Elliot Goldenthal. 123 min. R. Starring: Salma Hayek (Frida Kahlo), Mia Maestro (Cristina Kahlo), Alfred Molina (Diego Rivera), Antonio Banderas (David Alfaro Siqueiros), Valeria Golino (Lupe Marin), Geoffrey Rush (Leon Trotsky), Diego Luna (Alejando “Alex”), Edward Norton (Nelson Rockefeller), Roger Rees (Guillermo Kahlo), Ashley Judd (Tina Modotti), Saffron Burrows (Gracie), Patricia Reyes Spindola (Matilde Kahlo), Margarita Sanz (Natalia Trotsky), Didi Conn (Waitress). Unique biography of a unique woman, Frida follows its title character through…

• Cass Nicholas

★★★★½ Watched by Cass Nicholas 11 Feb, 2015

This was amazing and i loved this so much. It's on Netflix so everyone should watch this

• Daniel

★★★½ Watched by Daniel 11 Feb, 2015

I watched this because I'm currently taking a class with one of the screenwriters. Fortunately, the script was one of the best parts of this production, alongside Taymor's stunning direction and Hayek's fierce performance. I'm not typically one to enjoy the general biopic, and although this one acted as a portrait of a marriage just as much as a portrait of an artist, I just wasn't that interested in Kahlo's love life.

• missenota

★★★½ Watched by missenota 03 Feb, 2015

Sure it's not perfect but it's got style! Terrific and imaginative sequences and sets bring to life Frida Kahlo's world and many of her popular paintings play cameos. Romantic and thought provoking for fans of her work.

• Kristin401

★★★★★ Added by Kristin401

This film, based on the extensive biography by Hayden Herrera is PERFECT. Hayek is so convincing as Kahlo. The film is passionate, colorful and crazy just like the characters in her life!

• Matt Wooldridge

★★★½ Watched by Matt Wooldridge 03 Aug, 2003

I was forced to watch the film on a mac titanium laptop which meant the image skipped every now and then - which really bothered me until I just threw up my hands and accepted my fate.

The film itself as a narrative is nothing spectacular. Nor are any of the performances. Out of Salma Hayek, Geoffrey Rush and Alfred Molina, only Molina seems to really separate from the others. Having said that, though - I can't imagine a better…

• Steven Flores

Rewatched by Steven Flores 04 Jan, 2015

A truly majestic and very stylish film from Julie Taymor that features an incredible performance from Salma Hayek as the titular artist as it's told with such flair as it's expressed through the art of Frida Kahlo.