• Elias Elias

★★★★★ Added by Elias Elias

Beautiful movie.

• Brent Paton

★★★ Added by Brent Paton

I saw this in the theater. Interesting story and good performances. Memorable art.

• Doreen

★★★★½ Rewatched by Doreen 09 Mar, 2014

Liebe! Toller Film über eine der Besten und Stärksten. Bin ein großer Fan von ihr. Kann ich mir immer wieder ansehen und immer wieder muss ich etwas weinen.

• Matt

★★½ Watched by Matt 09 Mar, 2014

Years ago I randomly found some images of Frida Kahlo online and sent them around my friends. We constantly made fun of her because of her weird drawings and look (especially the monobrow and hairstyling). I practically didn't know anything about her but when I found out there was a feature film picturing her life I knew I had to watch it.

It's a decent film about a troubling relationship between artists. It's pretty solid and definitely had its moments.
    I thought they implemented Kahlos drawing very, very good and (Hayeks tits were nice to look at).

• kylegarvey

★★★½ Added by kylegarvey

Salma Hayek charms her way beyond a unibrow-artiste-bitch caricature and toward a frank and interesting dissection of Frida Kahlo's psychosexual life. Her acting work, though, doesn't seem to match the production around her: Julie Taymor imbues the middlebrow script with a few inventive flourishes, but the result doesn't seem to rise above a standard, run-of-the mill biopic... a movie unfit for its subject, unfortunately.

• Tom Morton

★★★★ Watched by Tom Morton 15 Feb, 2014

A vivid tale of a short but fascinating life. The cast is great, and the visual style is striking and surprising - the animated / recreated artworks are especially beautiful. I knew very little about Frida Kahlo before watching, but her story kept me interested throughout.

• WolfBoy

★★★ Watched by WolfBoy 10 Feb, 2014

A fairly standard biopic that is elevated by Julia Taymor's quirky and visually charming direction. Theres some really enjoyable personality injected into the tone of the film that I liked.

• Evil Shawna

★★★½ Watched by Evil Shawna 27 Jan, 2014

A playful biopic with an impressive Salma Hayek as our titular character.

• Matt Taylor

★★★½ Watched by Matt Taylor 08 Jan, 2014

A standard biopic elevated to another level by Julie Taymor's visionary style. While the screenplay is perhaps too "by-the-numbers" for its own good, Taymor's visual style does an amazing job of capturing clichéd moments in a way that feels exciting.

The cinematography, set design and costumes are all gorgeous and captured with a sort of energy that is necessary to make the film more entertaining than it would be otherwise. While the more overly-stylized moments that Taymor is known for…

• Gustavo H.R.

★★★ Added by Gustavo H.R.

Simplistic soap-opera characterizations prevent it from being a completely successful cinematic experience, despite its aesthetic triumphs. A glass half-empty for some, half-full for others.

• David Meleán

★★★½ Watched by David Meleán 29 Nov, 2013

Una biografía que destaca la osada, audaz y pasional Frida.

En español me hubiese agradado mucho más porque el inglés no ayudó a representar íntegramente el entorno de desenvolvimiento de esta artista: no fue suficiente. Sin embargo, creo que la música es un gran agregado porque siempre me transmitía ese sentir mexicano; canciones como The Floating Bed y La Llorona están como muestras. Hasta consiguieron inspirarme.

Admiré mucho al personaje de Frida por la revolución interna que constantemente vivía, aún…

• Leszek Pietrzak

★★★½ Watched by Leszek Pietrzak 12 Nov, 2013

A beautiful movie about painful life of great Frida with incredibly good casting that sadly avoids touching her art-side of life for the most part.