• Rosp

★★½ Added by Rosp

Nota = 5,5

• Jasmine

★★★½ Watched by Jasmine 28 Jun, 2015

Any reason why this wasn't in spanish?

• Eduardo Ricardo

★★½ Watched by Eduardo Ricardo 27 Jun, 2015

Meh

• nicole

★★★★½ Watched by nicole 24 Jun, 2015

mi única queja es que los pinches gringos hicieron esta película en inglés, no en español.

• Jeremy Koh

★★½ Watched by Jeremy Koh 22 Jun, 2015

As far as biopics go, it's entirely serviceable. Nothing especially exceptional and nothing obviously bad about it either. The visual style that Julie Taymor uses, where each main scene is started with a painting by Frida Kahlo come to life is at first interesting but quickly becomes gimmicky. Salma Hayek does the material justice and puts in a fine turn as Frida Kahlo. But the movie surrounding her is decidedly ordinary.

Also, I'm sure it made sense from a financial…

• Mirthbound

★★★ Watched by Mirthbound 19 Jun, 2015

Julie Taymor, diluted, coloring within the lines.

• mystery_mouse

★★★★ Added by mystery_mouse

<33333

• simonmeisinger

★★½ Watched by simonmeisinger 04 Jun, 2015

It kind of hurts my brain giving this movie just 2,5 stars because it’s pretty well made. But I just didn’t feel entertained/moved/whatever.

• Christian Alec

★★★ Watched by Christian Alec 28 May, 2015

Visually beautiful but I wished it focused more on Frida's painting instead of trying to be uber sexy.

• Todd Holmes

★★ Watched by Todd Holmes 22 May, 2015

Julie Taymor's stylized animations are the best part, but otherwise Selma Hayek's portrayal of one of the most fascinating famous women of the 20th century is boring and completely uninspired. Also, in English? Really?

• Eli H

★★★½ Watched by Eli H 20 May, 2015

Seen in Mexico City.

I was just thinking about what makes an artist an artist.

Today, while watching this movie, my mother sent me a link to an obituary of the pastor who let us stay in his parsonage from when I was in kindergarden until about fourth grade. So much of my personality, curiosity, and memories come from that place. If it wasn't for him, I would have never gone to the schools I went to and learned so…

• Richard Goddard

★★★ Watched by Richard Goddard 13 May, 2015

I adored the incorporation of Frida's art into this movie, especially the transitions and the surrealist animated scenes that symbolised key moments in her life which were lifted straight from imagery she had created during her life. Aside from these incredible moments the movie is a pretty paint by numbers biopic, but with a stunning lead performance from Salma Hayek and a very good from Alfred Molina.