• Steven Flores

Rewatched by Steven Flores 04 Jan, 2015

A truly majestic and very stylish film from Julie Taymor that features an incredible performance from Salma Hayek as the titular artist as it's told with such flair as it's expressed through the art of Frida Kahlo.

• Jessica Mézquita

★★★ Watched by Jessica Mézquita 03 Jan, 2015

Qué bien me cae Frida Kahlo. Qué mal me cae Salma Hayek.

• Gisela Zuniga

★★★★½ Watched by Gisela Zuniga 27 Dec, 2014

There are indeed a variety of noticeable flaws in this movie that detract from the overall experience, but the immensely creative visuals (I mean some scenes are just WOW), story, and passion that came through in this project definitely carried it through.
    This movie also really resonated with me because I am starting to connect more with my Mexican heritage, and seeing someone so proud and involved in her culture and identity, and how that works in the bigger world…

• JMSavoyBoy

★★½ Watched by JMSavoyBoy 30 Nov, 2014

Fairly standard bio-pic fare about the Mexican artist Frida Kahlo's story worthy life fut of tragedy, love, affairs, and art. I didn't really feel that Salma Hayek was able to elevate the titular character, but instead benefited from a steady supporting cast to help carry her through the movie. That being said, my favorite parts of the movie were the references to Mexican culture, especially the music heard throughout the movie!
    Never thought I would say this, but the scandalous sex life and marriage was too much of a focus.

• Alex B.

★★★★ Watched by Alex B. 30 Nov, 2014

Visually stunning, so full of color and metaphores, Julie Taymor really gets into the visual palette of Kahlo.

Salma Hayek brought all her Friends and made a rich variety of performances, although she does a good job as Frida, she falls too short at parts, her acting here shows a lot of potential but feels too iregular, is like if her acting grew through the shooting and when they cut it and mix it, she felt all over the place,…

• Elvis Rodrigues

★★★★ Watched by Elvis Rodrigues 26 Sep, 2014

Frida Kahlo (Salma Hayek) é uma mexicana baixinha nos anos 20 com talento para a pintura e que acaba se envolvendo com o pintor Diego Rivera (Alfred Molina), e passa a vida pintando e lidando com as consequências de um acidente de ônibus que sofreu aos 18 anos. O casamento de Frida e Diego é complicado, pois o pintor é incapaz de ser fiel. O casal tem inclinação comunista e dá apoio a Leon Trotsky (Geoffrey Rush).

Como boa parte…

• Julio Olivera

★★★½ Watched by Julio Olivera 14 Nov, 2014

I squirm all through movies where characters go through continuous physical pain. I squirmed a lot during FRIDA.

But it was good. Julie Taymor never disappoints on the visual front. The cast was a parade of cool actors in tiny parts. And Salma Hayek and Alfred Molina brought it all together.

But man, I squirmed a lot.

• Fesapo

★★★½ Watched by Fesapo 10 Nov, 2008

75/100

• Kannan

★★★★½ Watched by Kannan 19 Oct, 2014

Stunning performance by Salma Hayek. Gorgeous visuals.

• Liam Hathaway

★★★½ Added by Liam Hathaway

An exquisite and thoughtful unravelling of Frida Kahlo's life, even though it should maybe have focussed a little more on her relationship with her actual art.

• Alex MacKenzie

½ Watched by Alex MacKenzie 05 Sep, 2014

Everything about this movie is terrible.

• Bill Shannon

★★★½ Added by Bill Shannon

Frida is a well-done film from a technical perspective. When it's good, it's quite compelling. For fore very stirring scene or event, there is a cliche or a stilted piece of dialogue to pull it back to Mediocrity-ville.

Hayek is not my favorite actress, although I have no problem watching her on screen for 90 minutes. She is quite competent here, although not at all Oscar-nom worthy, as the strong-willed Mexican artist who is crippled early in life, and spends…