• Brett Hatten

★★★ Added by Brett Hatten

Kind of fun actually. A decent rental, at least

• Gavin Rye

★★½ Watched by Gavin Rye 21 May, 2015

It's been far too long since I saw the original Fright Night, so it's hard to compare the two films. I do remember really enjoying that one though and I kind of enjoyed this one too for the most part. It has a nice feel to it, with the suburban setting. Colin Farrell does a decent job as the vampire next door and David Tenant is good as the off the wall Peter Vincent character and is a lot of…

• Lucas Marmol

★★★★ Rewatched by Lucas Marmol 25 May, 2015

clever dialogue, funny, phenomenally acted, relatively successful in creating suspenseful sequences, good music and direction.

• Dan Hatton

★★★½ Added by Dan Hatton

One of the few remakes that is worth watching.

• rewatchvalue

★★★½ Rewatched by rewatchvalue 30 Apr, 2015

Wow a remake that is almost on par with its predecessor? It's true folks. This Fright Night gives the story you know and love, a modern twist but with the same entertainment value.

Have to be honest though, Evil Ed was way better in the first one.

• ejeffb2004

★★★½ Watched by ejeffb2004 11 May, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Colin Farrel shoulda used his regular Irish accent

• Jimmy P

★★★ Watched by Jimmy P 09 May, 2015

Not better or worse than the original, but different enough to stand on its own. Reminded me of the Dawn of the Dead remake and I appreciated this movie because of that.

• Marna Larsen

★★★ Added by Marna Larsen

I just feel like Yelchin was too old for this shit. (It's a good thing he has all that hair.)

It was entertaining enough. It helped that it was different enough from the original so I could enjoy them as completely separate entities.

• Bulldog Pointer

★★★★ Watched by Bulldog Pointer 03 Apr, 2015

Was this supposed to be this good?

• Cory

★★★½ Watched by Cory 27 Apr, 2015

A rare case where the remake isn't that bad. It had plenty of throwbacks to the 80's awesomeness! Points for the country version of 99 problems during the credits.

• Natasha H

★★★ Added by Natasha H

I mostly like this film for David Tennant

• Keelee von Cupcake

★★★★ Watched by Keelee von Cupcake 18 Aug, 2011

My original review: Awesome! A real crowd pleaser. Of course, I couldn't help but cheer for my smexy Dr. David getting in some vampire slaying action on the big screen. Just as much if not more fun than the original. <3 Also - 3D blood explosions! YES.