• witchyhellbroth

½ Added by witchyhellbroth

i should honestly give this zero stars but hey points for trying i guess???? TERRIBLE REMAKE god awful not even farrells hot brows could save this

• Plueschie

★★★★ Added by Plueschie

David Tennant (and Colin Farrell).
    I've got nothing more to say.

• Ben Dugan

★★★½ Rewatched by Ben Dugan 23 Aug, 2014

I would argue this is just as good-if not better- than the original. Anton Yelchin is an excellent Everyman hero and David Tennant is great as Peter Vincent. But the movie belongs to Colin Ferrell. He is obviously having a blast with the material and delivers one of his strongest performances,
    Not perfect by any means but well worth a viewing. Underrated and under seen.

• Toni Roig

★★★ Rewatched by Toni Roig 21 Aug, 2014

[English/ Spanish review]

Part of the "Dad, let's watch something scary together" (again)

My daughter asked me to re-re-watch it again with a friend, and we had a very good time indeed. I still prefer this version to the original in some ways (forgetting about the silly 3D effects, which fortunately are not too annoying): the movie retains the main bits of the original story, with a bleaker tone and a very solid cast, from the 'serious characters' (Anton Yelchin,…

• Zach Evans

★★★ Rewatched by Zach Evans 16 Aug, 2014

An inferior remake (duh) that still manages to do enough new things to keep itself entertaining. All the gore from the first one is replaced with terrible looking cgi, and the cautious, subtly threatening Jerry is replaced by a dude who blows up houses and punches through cars. The main saving grace here has got to be the Peter Vincent character again, who has been smartly reimagined for the modern era from a washed up old Vincent Price-esque actor into…

• MatthewLB

★★★½ Watched by MatthewLB 17 Aug, 2014

This movie was okay.

• moviedave

Rewatched by moviedave 13 Aug, 2014

If you are going to remake a classic eighties vampire movie, then at least bring something new or innovative to the story.

unfortunately this weak copy brings nothing new to the story.

Set in las Vegas. Charlie is a teenager with a vampire living next door to him. He seeks the help of a las Vegas showman, peter Vincent ( played by David Tenant, not a patch on the original Roddy McDowall character) who puts on an occult vampire Vegas…

• Lizzie Mackarel

★★★★ Watched by Lizzie Mackarel 11 Aug, 2014

I did not expect to like this even half as much as I actually did. It's one of the few films that gets the balance between comedy and horror exactly right, and David Tennant is just fantastic.

• Martin Vargas

★★★½ Watched by Martin Vargas 09 Aug, 2014

I love Anton Yelchin, Collin Farrell and David Tenant in this, they give the movie the energy that the story lacks. But still a pretty enjoyable time.

• Christian Katzorke

★★½ Watched by Christian Katzorke 09 Aug, 2014

I really like the original, but gave it a shot anyway. Was not that bad. Acting by Colin Ferrell is quite good and David Tennant is brilliant.

• Emre Bilgili

★★ Watched by Emre Bilgili 08 Aug, 2014

i watched just for colin farrell and dave franco

• Fish

★★ Watched by Fish 30 Jul, 2014

Certain that I have missed a few films out, but I can always post them retrospectively. 'Fright Night' is another Cash Converter bargain at 99p. With that in mind, I shall delve in.

I have to say, I am not too familiar with the original, I know I have watched it, but not in a number of years. Yet, I was willing to give this suburbia gone wrong a try. It's not bad.

Fright Night manages to be a horror…