• James Earley

★★★ Watched by James Earley 06 Oct, 2015

Solid horror comedy.

• TheMovieCave

★★★½ Rewatched by TheMovieCave 02 Oct, 2015

31 Days of Horror (2015) | Day 2 (Remake Fridays)

I'm not much for remakes, but I must give credit where credit is due. I'm a huge fan of the original, and this remake is by no means better than it, however; this is a great horror remake.

The film does everything a remake should do.

1.) Don't crap all over the original. Pay it respect.
    2.) It should be its own film. Don't rely on a shot for shot retelling. Take the concept and run with it.

Fright Night (2011) was able to hit these two points dead on.

• Andy Summers

★★★½ Rewatched by Andy Summers 27 Sep, 2015 1

I've caught more horror films in the last few weeks than I normally do. Okay so I wouldn't call any of them really scary, I'm more of a psychological horror movie fan or like this one with a comedy element, but last years failure had led me to abandon any attempt at Hoop-Tober this year. That's a real shame, as I've enjoyed participating in some of the challenges over the years and this one certainly brings out the best in…

• MogulsReview

★★ Added by MogulsReview

Lame teen movie.

• Jake Yardley

★★★½ Watched by Jake Yardley 26 Sep, 2015

I wouldn't say it's great, but I wouldn't say it's bad. As far as vampire films go it's pretty standard. I enjoyed some of the characters (Colin Farrell wasn't even that bad). Looked fairly nice, I'd probably watch it again at some point.

• Flick Fanatics (Matt)

★★★½ Rewatched by Flick Fanatics (Matt) 25 Sep, 2015

Watched the original with my girlfriend, and my brother and a lot of friends last month. After that, my girlfriend and I watched this one and thought it was a solid, different enough remake. Just watched this with my brother for his first time. Really fun and enjoyable remake.

• Cuntis

★★ Watched by Cuntis 23 Sep, 2015

Ok so this film wasn't bad, it was actually quite good but as a fright night remake it sucked. Key parts of the film were moved around, the characters back stories had changed and the shitty CGI ruined it all for me. So stand alone it was great but if you are looking for a good remake then don't bother

• Morgan Sydney

★★★½ Watched by Morgan Sydney 20 Sep, 2015

Overall really enjoyable, but the blood splattered end credits with the 99 Problems cover might be the best part. SO GOOD.

• Ben Dugan

★★★½ Watched by Ben Dugan 12 Sep, 2015

I think this might be better than the original. Anton Yelchin is a stronger lead, David Tennant is a blast, and this is the sort of role where Colin Ferrell excels. It's pretty fun, has some pretty good atmosphere and is paced really well. Also, McLovin is a much better Evil Ed than Stephen Geoffreys. Then again, anyone would be.
    I say that it might be better, though, because I have no tolerance for CGI blood. It looks terrible, distracts you from the movie, and serves no purpose. So half star deducted.

• lexee blair

★★★★ Added by lexee blair

a really enjoyable remake honestly. christopher mintz-plasse is still mclovin to me so i always enjoy when he's in a supporting role. i haven't seen much of david tennant's work but i thought he was very effective and sexy? i cant believe i'm saying that. whatev blame it on the guyliner. one thing that's really important is that colin ferrell doesn't just work as a seducing vamp because he is sexy as hell. seriously, i like his acting work with it. if you want to watch something with friends casually this would be a good pick.

• truesouls

★★★ Rewatched by truesouls 07 Sep, 2015

my precious shitty horror remake

• The Markle

★★★½ Added by The Markle

3D too many dark scenes makes the 3D very weak. Otherwise not a bad remake of the old film. Very different story line really, but nice job. The older story was incredibly good with fun humor. This film is good with less humor. If you want an enjoyable fright this is a good film, but NOT worth a 3D purchase.