• Roger Joseph Ebert

★★★½ Added by Roger Joseph Ebert

Perhaps it was Jerry (Colin Farrell). He is a single man, handsome and charming, who lives next door to the Brewsters. Charley Brewster (Anton Yelchin) is a teen-something with the usual expertise about vampires, which is why he's sensitive to certain vibes from the neighbor. His divorced mother, Jane (Toni Collette), picks up more on the testosterone vibe. They both wonder why Jerry has an unsightly Dumpster in his front yard, and where all those chunks of debris come from.…

• Daniel Charchuk

★★ Watched by Daniel Charchuk 21 Aug, 2011

The editing on this thing sucks - terrible pacing, badly staged scenes, and a very bizarre sense of structure. The 3D was also rather horrible - I'm convinced more than ever that IMAX 3D is the only way to go. "Real D" is much more gimmicky and darkens the screen considerably.

Colin Farrell and David Tennant were lots of fun, though, and I liked the atmosphere it developed in the first half-hour or so. Too bad it absolutely wastes it.

• Pablo Beal

★★★★★ Added by Pablo Beal

I'm gonna be 100% honest here: I, honest to God, not only find this to be superior in every way to the original film but I also think this one of the best remakes ever made and it's one of my favorite horror comedies of all time. Shit, it's one of my all-time favorites. Period.

"Fright Night" is an absolute blast. It kind of combines the best of the genre in every way. The looks of a modern horror film,…

• penguinatorxl7

★★★★★ Added by penguinatorxl7

Very awesome remake.

• Travis Williams

★★★½ Rewatched by Travis Williams 12 Apr, 2014

While this doesn't totally reach the quality of the original, I would put this remake in the success column. I enjoy the different setting of the film. Newly built suburbs built in the middle of Las Vegas makes for a unique backdrop for the original story to play out. Colin Ferrell does the right thing in playing Jerry a much different way than Chris Sarandon played the character. He brought a real menace and charm to the vamp that set…

• Reystleen

★★★ Watched by Reystleen 10 Apr, 2014

Horror which is not scary at all... hmm horror comedy?
    It's better than I expected. Cool Colin Farrell, pretty girl and a few nice tweaks.

Silly, but not bad.

• suthsub

★★½ Watched by suthsub 04 Apr, 2014

It's quite a funny film, as funny as horrors can get really. You can absolutely tell which bits were made for 3D (and I watched this on Netflix). I did like the transformation/healing sequences, they were pretty well executed. Colin Farrell was pretty hot in it I must say! David Tennant, too, actually. And I am not one of his usual "admirers".

Overall I think this is one of those films for a film night, when you and your mates fancy a bit of a light horror.

• Cappie Chamberlain

★★★½ Rewatched by Cappie Chamberlain 26 Mar, 2014

Fully expecting some hate for this - Fright Night is pretty darn good remake, one of the best in my honest opinion. It celebrates the original whilst blazing its own trail. The nods to the original are plentiful and aimed at bringing a smile to the original's fans, and it also loads itself with enough fresh content to find a new audience and surprise the old one. It is fun, scary and features a very competent and talented cast.

• nicktday

★★★ Watched by nicktday 01 Apr, 2014

Solid but at no time does it possess enough unique character or flare to be anything more than that - just lacked a certain je ne sais quoi.

• Eugene McCrann

★★★ Added by Eugene McCrann

A pleasant respite from the vampires of au courant, given that Farrell is nasty, sinister, conniving, willing to pull the gas line from under your house and let you burn; a misogynistic counselor of sorts, advising our young hero with girlfriend problems that "women that look a certain way need to be managed," and he's even an economist, using the recession to buy low on his victims' housing troubles. None of this malady of the night stalker business, obviously propounded…

• Mumbles

★★½ Rewatched by Mumbles 25 Mar, 2014

Jerry Dandrige: This girl tonight. She's a handful, you know? Women who look a certain way, they... they need to be managed. It's true. Your dad ducked out on you, huh? Your mom, she didn't exactly say, but there's a kind of... neglect. Gives off a scent. You don't mind my saying, you got a lot on your shoulders for a kid. The two of you, alone. And your girl... Amy. She's ripe. I bet there's a line of guys…

• LiamHoofe

★★★½ Watched by LiamHoofe 24 Mar, 2014

As remakes go Fright Night is certainly up there as one of the best in recent memory.

It is loyal enough to the original to please fans and it's talented cast make the most of their roles- especially David Tennant.