• Taylor Bundy

★★★½ Watched by Taylor Bundy 30 Apr, 2016

I'll probably forget I watched this in a couple months, but man, it's worth watching for Colin Farrell alone ;)

• KT Wabbit

★★★ Watched by KT Wabbit 26 Apr, 2016

Odd Thomas & Dr. Who vs Sonny Crockett.

Inspired / Updated rather than Remade. Less camp than the 80's version.
    David Tennant not as good as Roddy McDowell.
    youtu.be/wKsP5qlWtes

• sdelmonte

★★★ Added by sdelmonte

Smart and rather well made but wholly unecessary remake of the 80s cult classic.

• João Pereira

★★★★ Watched by João Pereira 25 Apr, 2016

As far as horror remakes go, "Fright Night" is definitely amongst the better ones. It had some of the cheesiness of the 80's but with a modern touch to it. It was a very solid film.

Very suspenseful all throughout, it was a very enjoyable film. Who knew a comedy horror could be this tense... It had various funny moments that didn't cut away from the tension and just made the movie more pleasant.

Colin Farrell doesn't get enough credit…

• Leticia

★★★ Rewatched by Leticia 24 Apr, 2016 2

Colin Farrell has SUCH a punchable face

• Wes Ball

★★★ Watched by Wes Ball 23 Apr, 2016 2

As far as remakes go, you could definitely do far worse than the 2011 Fright Night. Replacing the charming Chris Sarandon with the deadpan creepy Colin Farrell, this remake tosses out most of the comedic and romantic elements in favor of a more streamlined horror experience. The story is also severely tightened up for modern day standards, taking almost no time in introducing the characters or setting up the story before yanking us right into the terrifying action. It definitely…

• Matty Stanfield

★★★ Watched by Matty Stanfield 17 Apr, 2016

I totally enjoyed this silly Craig Gillespie movie. I was also surprised to discover that he actually managed to make a dark comedy so creepy.

• m_wanner14

★★★ Rewatched by m_wanner14 17 Apr, 2016

I always hear people say they don't like this film because it pales in comparison to the original. Having never seen the original, I have no frame of reference. Coming from that perspective, I think this is a very well-made horror comedy with a terrific cast. Colin Farrell has a blast playing pure evil, and Anton Yelchin always makes for a sympathetic protagonist. Aside from some poor CG, this is a very solid effort.

It's also co-stars Imogen Poots, who can currently be seen alongside Yelchin again in Green Room, WHICH ALL OF YOU SHOULD GO SEE AS SOON AS OUT NEAR YOU!

• Tom Morton

★★★ Watched by Tom Morton 16 Apr, 2016

As remakes go, this one is pretty decent - although I don't have too much invested in the original, having only seen it for the first time within the last couple of years. Colin Farrell is pretty great as the vampire-next-door, Anton Yelchin manages to make an asshole protagonist pretty easy to root for and there are enough changes and updates to the story to make this feel like a substantially different film. Also Lisa Loeb is in this, for…

• mzbatman

★★★★ Rewatched by mzbatman 05 Apr, 2016

Colin Farell is great. Credits are awesome.

• Ila

Watched by Ila 29 Mar, 2016

this honestly has an all around great cast which is why i saw it

• Chris Sumner

★★★ Watched by Chris Sumner 17 Mar, 2016

CGI and hunky magicians can never replace old men and rubber bats.