• Inez Stoker

★★★½ Rewatched by Inez Stoker 04 Feb, 2016

I can't stand how hot Colin Farrell is! afff

• Sarah

★★★★ Watched by Sarah 03 Feb, 2016

I wish I was lying when I say this is my favorite kind of movie. Also Colin Farrell can bend me over a table any day.

• wildbiker

★★½ Watched by wildbiker 29 Aug, 2015

The ONLY good reason to watch this is to see David Tennant swear.

• Gimly

★★½ Watched by Gimly 24 Jan, 2016

Doesn't really add anything to the original, but I've seen far worse horror remakes in my time.

• Matt Skylar

★★ Watched by Matt Skylar 23 Jan, 2016

I've never seen the originals but I've seen the sequel/remake Fright Night 2: The New Blood, so I'm working my way through these in reverse apparently.

The plot is basically the lifetime movie of the week plot of "weirdo moves in next door" only this time said weirdo is a vampire slowly killing his way through the neighbourhood. Thankfully his first victim is the awful Christopher Mintz-Plasse who I find incredibly annoying so it earns marks for giving him a…

• Ashley Shannon

★★½ Added by Ashley Shannon

There have been a lot of poor and unnecessary horror remakes over the last decade and it seems Hollywood is now having to delve into the more obscure realms of camp 1980s horror-comedy. Fright Night is the remake of the 1985 film and is directed by Craig Gillespie starring Anton Yelchin and David Tennant(Doctor Who) along with Colin Farrell(In Bruges) as the ancient vampire next door causing chaos in the small Nevada town.

Charley Brewster (Yelchin) is a small town…

• Owen Greenwell

★★★½ Watched by Owen Greenwell 11 Feb, 2012

Enjoyable, silly fun. Farrell and Collette great, David Tennant a stand out.

• Keith Abt

★★½ Added by Keith Abt

Remake/update of the '80s vampire flick follows the same plot as the original - dorky teenager thinks a vampire is living next door, enlists a "vampire hunter" to help him destroy it - but it tweaks & changes things just enough to make it stand on its own and worth a watch. Colin Farrell is a cool vamp and the guy who plays "Peter Vincent" in this one is a hoot.

Don't blink, or you'll miss the brief cameo by Chris Sarandon, who was the vampire in the original movie!

• Adrian Daine

★★★½ Rewatched by Adrian Daine 19 Jan, 2016

David Tennant + Colin Farrell pasándoselo estupendamente = win.

• Brennan Klein

★★★★ Watched by Brennan Klein 30 Sep, 2014

One of the better remakes, combining actual humor with an intriguing reinterpretation of the original story.

• Silmar

Rewatched by Silmar 16 Jan, 2016

So campy.

Not a huge fan of Farrell's, but he was pretty compelling on this one. Playing a deranged vampire who keeps his cool while blowing a house to bits with its own gas network or slams the wheel of a faulty motorcycle into the rear window of a car must surely be a lot of fun. Still, this was Tennant's movie. His over-the-top Peter Vincent made laugh several times, namely when he cursed eBay over a cheap stake gun.

This film is a good indication vampire flicks might be a thing for me again. I'm glad I gave Jerry the vampire a chance.

• Ant Towler

★★★½ Added by Ant Towler

There's a handful of films that I have which fall into my rainy day category. They're just fun to watch. Fright Night falls into that category.

First off it's a remake, boo, hiss, throw fruit & vege at it. I don't think it pisses on the original I think it's quite a smart upgrade as I don't really regard Fright Night as a sacred cow.

Charlie thinks that his handsome neighbour may be a vampire and decides to investigate, is he…