• CJ

★½ Watched by CJ 11 Feb, 2016

Having spent the afternoon watching a dismal, pretentious indie drama that made me want to claw my eyes out with boredom and annoyance (which, unfortunately, I'm not allowed to vent about at the minute), I was in dire need of an antidote.

I didn't see this when it came out but remember hearing vaguely positive things about it and it looked like it could be a big dumb horror romp, which was exactly what I wanted.

Sadly not. It just…

• Holly-Beth

★★★½ Rewatched by Holly-Beth 09 Feb, 2016

i saw this in the cinema when it came out in 2011 because colin farrell looked hot in the trailer and i wanted to see that ass IN 3D goddamnit

it's now 2016 and that's still the only reason why i'm rewatching it... charismatic bastard... who does he think he is with his vests and his open shirts

all farrell-ness aside, it's actually a pretty funny movie tbf

and david tennant is great as russell brand

• Inez Stoker

★★★½ Rewatched by Inez Stoker 04 Feb, 2016

I can't stand how hot Colin Farrell is! afff

• Sarah

★★★★ Watched by Sarah 03 Feb, 2016

I wish I was lying when I say this is my favorite kind of movie. Also Colin Farrell can bend me over a table any day.

• wildbiker

★★½ Watched by wildbiker 29 Aug, 2015

The ONLY good reason to watch this is to see David Tennant swear.

• Gimly

★★½ Watched by Gimly 24 Jan, 2016

Doesn't really add anything to the original, but I've seen far worse horror remakes in my time.

• Matt Skylar

★★ Watched by Matt Skylar 23 Jan, 2016

I've never seen the originals but I've seen the sequel/remake Fright Night 2: The New Blood, so I'm working my way through these in reverse apparently.

The plot is basically the lifetime movie of the week plot of "weirdo moves in next door" only this time said weirdo is a vampire slowly killing his way through the neighbourhood. Thankfully his first victim is the awful Christopher Mintz-Plasse who I find incredibly annoying so it earns marks for giving him a…

• Ashley Shannon

★★½ Added by Ashley Shannon

There have been a lot of poor and unnecessary horror remakes over the last decade and it seems Hollywood is now having to delve into the more obscure realms of camp 1980s horror-comedy. Fright Night is the remake of the 1985 film and is directed by Craig Gillespie starring Anton Yelchin and David Tennant(Doctor Who) along with Colin Farrell(In Bruges) as the ancient vampire next door causing chaos in the small Nevada town.

Charley Brewster (Yelchin) is a small town…

• Owen Greenwell

★★★½ Watched by Owen Greenwell 11 Feb, 2012

Enjoyable, silly fun. Farrell and Collette great, David Tennant a stand out.

• Keith Abt

★★½ Added by Keith Abt

Remake/update of the '80s vampire flick follows the same plot as the original - dorky teenager thinks a vampire is living next door, enlists a "vampire hunter" to help him destroy it - but it tweaks & changes things just enough to make it stand on its own and worth a watch. Colin Farrell is a cool vamp and the guy who plays "Peter Vincent" in this one is a hoot.

Don't blink, or you'll miss the brief cameo by Chris Sarandon, who was the vampire in the original movie!

• Adrian Daine

★★★½ Rewatched by Adrian Daine 19 Jan, 2016

David Tennant + Colin Farrell pasándoselo estupendamente = win.

• Brennan Klein

★★★★ Watched by Brennan Klein 30 Sep, 2014

One of the better remakes, combining actual humor with an intriguing reinterpretation of the original story.