• Kieron Moore

★★ Watched by Kieron Moore 21 Nov, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Very generic teen vampire horror (it has nerds, jocks, and a hot blonde girlfriend) that’s passably entertaining but tonally all over the place; what looks to be a creepy horror scene ends with a house literally exploding, and the scares aren’t scary enough nor is the action thrilling enough.

The element that saves it is the humour, which is at times surprisingly good, particularly when David Tennant shows up; he hams the screen up shamelessly as alcoholic vampire hunter Peter…

• Senior Tom

★★ Rewatched by Senior Tom 14 Nov, 2015

The first half of this film - absolutely emmersing.

The rest of it - totally dispensable.

It's quite a lot of fun seeing Anton Yelchin, an actor who I've always thought of as being extremely likeable, spying on a creepy Colin Farrell, his new neighbour, after learning that he's a vampire. The way it's handled is not only very entertaning, but chilling in various occasions. If the film focused more on this part of the story, it would've been a…

• Chris Ward
  • Myron Schmidt

★★ Watched by Myron Schmidt 07 Nov, 2015

Where to start? The beginning was just awful. DT provided some of the missing comedy and bits but overall very disappointing.

• Kento

★★★★ Rewatched by Kento 31 Oct, 2015 1

I feel like I'm going to be on the defensive this entire review. People hate remakes. They hate the idea of remakes. They get upset when you tamper with the thing they love and hold so near and dear to their heart. Rarely is a remake a better film than the original, and I'm sure to some people 2011's Fright Night is some kind of travesty they need to get all worked up over because it shits on the grave…

• Kevin Pourmostofi

★★★½ Watched by Kevin Pourmostofi 09 Oct, 2015

Horrorthon 2015 - Movie #12

Having not seen the original, although I did want to get round to it during my Horrorthon, I can't compare this to it. I can say, however, that this was a hell of a fun time, the runtime flew in and I was never bored for a minute, the elements of comedy, when they were present, hit the mark each time, while still retaining an overall sense of spookiness. Really liked this one.

• Tina Something

★★½ Watched by Tina Something 30 Oct, 2015

There's a bonus on the BluRay titled "The official 'How to make a funny vampire movie' guide". The director should've probably watched it before filming this because I didn't laugh even once while watching "Fright Night", which was rather disappointing.

Farrell could've/should've had much more fun with this role, but was actually quite boring. Yelchin was solid as usual, but the only really amusing characters in this film were played by Tennant and Collette, who saved the film from being a complete snooze fest.

• Yvette

★★★★ Rewatched by Yvette 30 Oct, 2015

the best horror movie ever?????

• Marisa

★★★½ Watched by Marisa 30 Oct, 2015

🔥🔥 @ vampire colin pls turn me 🔥🔥

• Garrett Smith

★★★ Watched by Garrett Smith 23 Oct, 2015

Check out our full review of both the original Fright Night and its remake on I Like To Movie Movie, where we also discuss our Top 5 Horror Movies That SHOULD Be Remade.

I only recently caught up with the original Fright Night and mostly enjoyed it. It's as 80's as 80's movies come, complete with exceptional monster effects, annoying sidekicks, and backwards sexual politics. And those sexual politics make up most of the subtext (and often just the text)…

• yaegerbomb

★★★½ Added by yaegerbomb

Charlie Bartlett 2 is a pretty good film. After losing his fortune and moving back to the suburbs, a new neighbor moves in next door. What they don't know is that the neighbor is a male model that also works corner on The Strip. He is hypnotized to act as a vampire to kill Charlie Bartlett in a weird assassination attempt.

• Dan Scully

★★★½ Watched by Dan Scully 23 Oct, 2015

As remakes of classics go, this is one of the better ones. Very respectful to the original film without over-fanservicing or stepping too hard on it. Can be enjoyed on its own or as a companion piece to the original film. Could see this one first and it would still hold up and wouldn't ruin the original. Colin Farrell's eyebrows and Imogen Poots' lips.