• Jonathan L.

★★ Added by Jonathan L.

Having not seen the original, I can't imagine it being much worse. Then again, I've never been a fan of vampire flicks.

• RonnieGardocki

★★ Watched by RonnieGardocki 08 Feb, 2015

Man, the special effects in this are awful. Space Jam looks better.

• Michael King

★★½ Added by Michael King

Enjoyable kinda horror movie, especially if you are not a horror fan. I'm not one and enjoyed it. It's a better vampire portrayal than most modern vampire movies.

• Chris Alley

Watched by Chris Alley 26 Aug, 2011

I figured the original was about due for an update and this new version didn't let me down. Colin Farrell and David Tennant were spot on.

• bdrinen

★★★★ Watched by bdrinen 18 Jan, 2015

A very underrated film in my opinion. It's dumb, it's goofy but it's incredibly entertaining and a hell of a lot of fun! 4/5.

• Juan Carlo Rodríguez

★★★ Added by Juan Carlo Rodríguez

Una prueba de que no todos los remakes son malos. Una buena mezcla de suspenso, terror y retorcido humor. Colin Farrell se estaba divirtiendo, sin duda.
    Proff that not all remakes suck. Good mix of suspense, horror and a twisted sense of humor, Colin Farrell was having a blast, no doubt.

• Locke

★★★★½ Rewatched by Locke 01 Jan, 2015 2

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

The movie comes with a wonderful 3D presentation which fills the entire TV - down with black bars! - providing impressive depth and some fun pop-out moments. The only real downside sadly, is the film is really really dark thanks to it being native 3D. Since it's a vampire film, a lot of it takes place at night and so in some shots you genuinely cannot see what is happening which is pretty problematic. Not a horrible presentation overall but…

• hotsake

★★★ Added by hotsake

This is a strictly middle of the road movie made better by the fact that I always laugh whenever I see Colin Farrell's attempt to act and those amazingly funny eyebrows.

• joelhwa

★★★ Watched by joelhwa 14 Aug, 2012

6/10: Better-than-expected remake with strong performances from the entire casts. Excellent balance of humor and horror which added up to a great pop culture flick.

• Jose Manuel Real

★★★½ Watched by Jose Manuel Real 24 Nov, 2014

Peliculón de terror de los que se hacen pocos, con un Colin Farrell espectacular y que consigue asustar como vampiro chulopo. El resto del reparto está a la altura, pero no hay escena que este no se coma con patatas.

Corta e intensa, para volver a ver y tomar nota.

• Adrian Zachow

★★★ Watched by Adrian Zachow 21 Dec, 2011

Fine remake of 1985's Fright Night, just happens to be a little flat on the comedy. However, Farrell makes for an intense vampire, and Yelchin is a likeable lead, and there are some effectively suspenseful scenes. This makes it a very watchable movie, and is one that thankfully doesn't give remake a dirty meaning.

• Shawn

★★★ Watched by Shawn 22 Oct, 2014

A pretty decent remake of an 80s classic. It is glossied up, and more modern, but it does keep to the originals themes. My biggest complaint is the changing of the Evil Ed character, and making him actuaally bad.

Entered Flickchart at 533