• Kyle

★★ Watched by Kyle 26 Jul, 2014

Forgettable movie that lacks the personality of its source material. It also sorely suffers with poor cgi.

• HotDonkeyBear

★★ Watched by HotDonkeyBear 20 Jul, 2014

Shitty script and bland direction are generally nails in the coffin for any Horror movie but then adding the fact that this is a nought-teen remake of a beloved 80's horror flick is like rubbing garlic in the wound.

This is a fun, gory, pointless and pedestrian remake but sometimes in life I like to grab myself a greasy burger and cheesy chips instead of fillet steak and fine wine. A perfectly enjoyable way to spend an evening if you don't mind lowering expectations and dealing with a lacklustre David Tenant.

• johncnoonan

★★★ Added by johncnoonan

Charley Brewster (Anton Yelchin) is your everyday teenager who has evolved far enough up the foodchain to be considered one of the 'cool' kids. He even has a 'cool' girlfriend in the form of Imogen Poots. All he had to do was ditch his previous nerdy lifestyle, including his best friend, 'Evil' Ed Lee (Christopher Mintz-Plasse). Life is pretty sweet. Except, Charley lives next to a vampire who looks suspiciously like Colin Farrell. And 'Evil' Ed has disappeared. Who can…

• xitomatl

Watched by xitomatl 12 Jul, 2014

I just wanted to get my David Tennant on. Other than that, don't bother, stick with the original.

• Gorgy

★★★½ Added by Gorgy

tee - hee.

• FilmAddict

★★★ Watched by FilmAddict 10 Jul, 2014

Liked the original a bit more.

• Jeremy Milks

★★★★ Watched by Jeremy Milks 12 Jul, 2014

Surprised at how well this worked. Really captured the spirit of the original and is one of the few horror remakes of the past decade that didn't feel like a total cash-in.

• Krystal

★★★★ Watched by Krystal 12 Jul, 2014

Very original

• Jesus Malpartida

★★★★ Watched by Jesus Malpartida 03 Jul, 2014

Original y muy divertida. Muy fan de Anton Yelchin como héroe flojeras (al igual que en Odd Thomas). Y, joder, Colin Farrell será un gilipollas pero hay que quererle.

• Helen Cummins

★★★½ Rewatched by Helen Cummins 20 Jun, 2014

Loved the original when I was a child so it was nice to see an appearance from the original Jerry Dandridge... Getting a taste of his own medicine.

Colin Farrell does a pretty good job of blood sucking.

This is an all round entertaining modern take on the film.

• Paul Robinson

★★★ Rewatched by Paul Robinson 20 Jun, 2014

A decent, light hearted vamp remake with a surprisingly good turn from Colin Farrell. In no way is this scary but rolls along nicely with some solid CGI. Nice nod to the original with the cameo.

• Sara Nordstrom

★½ Watched by Sara Nordstrom 14 Jun, 2014

No, this was not a great movie. I cannot even say it was decent. There were some funny scenes and lines from various characters, but I found no interest in what was happening on screen whatsoever.