• blackstarr20

★★★★★ Added by blackstarr20

I loved this one more than the original (to be fair I hate the original). I liked Fright Night: New Blood a lot, too, even though the historical inaccuracies really made me mad, lol

• FlickFanatics

★★★½ Watched by FlickFanatics 01 Sep, 2015

I don't think anything will beat the original, but this is an example of a very good remake. Changing up enough, but really staying true to a lot of the fun and dark elements that make the original so good. I really enjoyed the music, the cast, and special effects a lot!

• Joey

★★★★ Rewatched by Joey 21 Aug, 2015

This generation's The Lost Boys (which is ironic considering this generation GOT its own Lost Boys, and this is a remake of a different vampire movie from the 80s).

Seriously, though, this is a great movie. Pure quality entertainment. Achieved everything it set out to achieve and in some cases went above and beyond. My only misgiving with the flick (aside from the few shamelessly obvious fake 3D things flying at camera moments) is that at times (mostly the first…

• Nick Silvia

★★★½ Watched by Nick Silvia 14 Aug, 2015

Maybe not quite as good as the original, but a very fun movie nonetheless. Colin Farrell is great in the vampire role and while the humor might not hit after (or ever), there is some good action. Better than the usual remake and definitely worth your time.

• Dude

★★★★½ Added by Dude

Das Remake des Kultklassikers lässt zwar den Charme des Orignals vermissen, jedoch überzeugt es mit einem erfrischend rasanten Plot, sehr guten Actionpassagen und gut aufgelegten Stars. So müssen Remakes gemacht werden!

• Mathew Buck

★★★★ Watched by Mathew Buck 09 Aug, 2015

Horror remakes get a (deservedly) bad rap a lot of the time - but this one shouldn't. Taking the original Fright Night (quite an enjoyable flick in it's own right), this remake updates and amps up proceedings considerably while working on it's own terms rather than riding on the first film's coattails. It seems like all the leads - an excellent cast with the likes of Colin Farrell, Anton Yelchin, Imogen Poots, and Toni Collette - are all enjoying themselves,…

• Jordi Ararà

★★★★ Watched by Jordi Ararà 08 Aug, 2015

El remake de Fright Night està fet amb moltíssima intel·ligència. La celebro i la comparteixo, un cop les petacades que va rebre formen part de la memòria.

Per una banda tenim un context geogràfic desèrtic i inhòspit -amb el concepte de barri residencial portat a l'exterm de l'aïllament i la lletjor-, molt diferent al creat per Tom Holland però alhora també ple de matisos, noves oportunitats i recursos estilístics per enfocar i enriquir un relat que el separen gairebé trenta…

• linotte

★★★ Watched by linotte 06 Aug, 2015

One star extra for David Tennant ;)

• t2kickassjedi

★★★★½ Added by t2kickassjedi

Fright Night is a really fun horror film with cool violence and great performances.

• Calum Iain MacIver

★½ Watched by Calum Iain MacIver 19 Dec, 2012

The original "Fright Night" movie from 1985 was a fun, affectionate, well-made horror romp that attracted a reasonable cult fan base. The remake, however, while an efficient enough movie, is a bit of a soulless, dead-eyed charmless affair. The basic storyline from Tom Holland’s original film remains intact with only relatively minor tweakings and upgradings, so in this version we have we have Ed (Christopher Mintz-Plasse) as a nerdy horror-obsessed teen, who is convinced that a vampire is at large…

• michelle

½ Added by michelle

this is a disgrace. (only seen it once back in 2011 but couldn't not share my thoughts, albeit short.)

• Ottolumiere

½ Watched by Ottolumiere 26 Jul, 2015

Hola Hollywood, me llamó Alex y puedo hacer peores guiones y dirección a menor precio, llámenme