• Keelee von Cupcake

★★★★ Watched by Keelee von Cupcake 18 Aug, 2011

My original review: Awesome! A real crowd pleaser. Of course, I couldn't help but cheer for my smexy Dr. David getting in some vampire slaying action on the big screen. Just as much if not more fun than the original. <3 Also - 3D blood explosions! YES.

• tobe_whooper

★★★★ Watched by tobe_whooper 28 Mar, 2015

Misses some of the original's subtext, but adds plenty of its own. Updates what it needs to, but doesn't feel trendy. One of the best post-millennial horror remakes.

• Sam

★★★★ Watched by Sam 26 Mar, 2015

A super fun vampire horror film, kinda of like Zombieland only with vampires instead of zombies. Oh and Colin Farrell is in it only he doesn't have an Irish accent which is probably why it gets a 4 instead of a 5

• Mareks Smilga

★★★★½ Watched by Mareks Smilga 03 Oct, 2011

Mīlu tos brīžus, kad uzduries necerēti labai izklaides filmai. Šī manās acīs ir teju perfekts paraugs tam kā arī bez liela budžeta un ambīcijām var radīt labu popkorna kino.

• Dion Wyn

★★½ Rewatched by Dion Wyn 21 Mar, 2015

The choice to modernize the original 1985 "Fright Night" doesn't like that bright an idea considering the current rule that all horror remakes suck, but somehow this became a unique effort due to diligent actors, a reliable director, and successful laugh and scare gags. It is, without exaggeration, the first great entry in the long line of atrocious horror remakes. It takes what we liked about the original and comes up some clever changes that update the story 30 years…

• Sam Donchess

★★½ Rewatched by Sam Donchess 08 Mar, 2015

I guess I was in a different place in my life when I genuinely enjoyed this movie and gave it 3.5 stars. The script is a mess, the CGI blood and 3D effects are gimmicky and ugly, and the story is fairly watered down from the original. But I get what it's going for - this movie is a callback to when vampires were scary in the 90s in the midst of the Twilight revolution. And the performances range from silly (Mintz-Plasse) to outright amazingly hilarious (Tennant).

• Jonathan L.

★★ Added by Jonathan L.

Having not seen the original, I can't imagine it being much worse. Then again, I've never been a fan of vampire flicks.

• RonnieGardocki

★★ Watched by RonnieGardocki 08 Feb, 2015

Man, the special effects in this are awful. Space Jam looks better.

• Michael King

★★½ Added by Michael King

Enjoyable kinda horror movie, especially if you are not a horror fan. I'm not one and enjoyed it. It's a better vampire portrayal than most modern vampire movies.

• Chris Alley

Watched by Chris Alley 26 Aug, 2011

I figured the original was about due for an update and this new version didn't let me down. Colin Farrell and David Tennant were spot on.

• bdrinen

★★★★ Watched by bdrinen 18 Jan, 2015

A very underrated film in my opinion. It's dumb, it's goofy but it's incredibly entertaining and a hell of a lot of fun! 4/5.

• Juan Carlo Rodríguez

★★★ Added by Juan Carlo Rodríguez

Una prueba de que no todos los remakes son malos. Una buena mezcla de suspenso, terror y retorcido humor. Colin Farrell se estaba divirtiendo, sin duda.
    Proff that not all remakes suck. Good mix of suspense, horror and a twisted sense of humor, Colin Farrell was having a blast, no doubt.