• Jose Manuel Real

★★★½ Watched by Jose Manuel Real 24 Nov, 2014

Peliculón de terror de los que se hacen pocos, con un Colin Farrell espectacular y que consigue asustar como vampiro chulopo. El resto del reparto está a la altura, pero no hay escena que este no se coma con patatas.

Corta e intensa, para volver a ver y tomar nota.

• Adrian Zachow

★★★ Watched by Adrian Zachow 21 Dec, 2011

Fine remake of 1985's Fright Night, just happens to be a little flat on the comedy. However, Farrell makes for an intense vampire, and Yelchin is a likeable lead, and there are some effectively suspenseful scenes. This makes it a very watchable movie, and is one that thankfully doesn't give remake a dirty meaning.

• Shawn

★★★ Watched by Shawn 22 Oct, 2014

A pretty decent remake of an 80s classic. It is glossied up, and more modern, but it does keep to the originals themes. My biggest complaint is the changing of the Evil Ed character, and making him actuaally bad.

Entered Flickchart at 533

• Joyce Heinen

★★★★ Rewatched by Joyce Heinen 01 Nov, 2014

The horror movie “Fright Night” from 1985 isn’t one of the most well known movies from the 80’s. On the contrary, it’s a typical, very underrated genre film that got a cult status from a limited group of fans. Building of the tension, the atmosphere and the traditional vampire mythology make the original “Fright Night” an enjoyable film.

So there was a lot of skepticism when they decided to remake this horror classic and give it a modern twist. Thankfully…

• Anna Bean

★★½ Watched by Anna Bean 29 Oct, 2014

Not being a fan of the original, I was really enjoying the darker approach to the story . . . until Charley's house blew up and the whole movie just went off the rails. David Tennant is pretty hilarious, though.

• Rodney Terrell

★★★★ Rewatched by Rodney Terrell 31 Oct, 2014

I know purest won't approve but I really like the Fright Night remake, I think it's really fun. Colin Farrell is such a creepy smarmy douche of a villain and David Tennant steals every scene he is in. Love it!

• JackGir

★★★ Added by JackGir

It doesn't come close to the original's heart and subtext, but it does have Collin Farrell, David Tennant, and Imogen Poots. The first 45 minutes are very good, too. The last half is bumpy, but strong casting makes up for the dim night time photography, the wasting of Evil Ed, and a disappointing lack of practical effects.

• Bulent Yusuf

★★★ Watched by Bulent Yusuf 23 Oct, 2014

A genre flick made distinctive by not one, but two great performances. David Tennant channels Russell Brand as the celebrity vampire slayer, and Colin Farrell is the alpha-male vampire prick (geddit?) HE MUST DESTROY. A group of bland, likeable teens are caught somewhere in the middle, blah blah blah, but stick around for the inventive finale.

• Lucas

★★★ Rewatched by Lucas 18 Oct, 2014

Well what is the big craze right now in Hollywood, and we will see more to come is the Re-make. Even when you don't need there to be one, they still make it. Now this wasn't the worst one by far, but still well watching I get reminded of how amazing the original one is and end up missing it. The actors they got were well interesting choices and some don't make a whole lot of sense. Oh well it was good for a, Vampire horror movie.

• Keely

★½ Added by Keely

Ugh. UGH. Really sexist AND just altogether horrible even if it wasn't.

• ChristopherDay

Watched by ChristopherDay 16 Oct, 2014

From time to time, I look at my "stats" on here and think to myself, "Boy, I sure do like a ton of movies", given that it seems to peak around the 4-4 1/2 star range. I question myself if I've lost my critical edge, then talk myself back down thinking I've refined my tastes so much I know just to seek out great cinema from here on out.

But nothing is the great equalizer quite like hotel rooms. And airplanes. Just my little way of staying fair and balanced.

Also, this movie is horse shit.

• Aracno

★★★ Watched by Aracno 27 Sep, 2014

Night Terrors – Hoop-Tober!

Paying gentle homage to the original while clearly aiming for a new audience, Craig Gillespie’s Fright Night shifts the action to a desert suburb on the outskirts of Vegas, where geeky Brewster quickly discovers his new neighbor is a homicidal vampire. Just as in the original, several cat-and-mouse games ensue, and poor Charley has to turn to Goth stage magician Peter Vincent for help to wage war on his unwanted neighbor.

Nowhere near as good as…