• Andrew Hurley

Event Cinema Bondi J@3:50
    Screen 3, Seat F7

• joebacon

★★★ Watched by joebacon 21 Sep, 2014

Wow, what a surprisingly fresh vampire movie, especially for all of the current vampire movies. Before watching this, I was deciding whether to watch this one or the 1985 version. Call me shallow, but the new one looked more pleasing.

• Erasmus Craven

★★★½ Watched by Erasmus Craven 20 Sep, 2014

Mezcla de terror y comedia, remake de una peli ochentera, a mi me ha sorprendido gratamente. Empieza creando tensión y poco a poco va dejando paso a la comedia (aunque sin pasarse). Collin Farrell como vampiro carismático y socarrón destaca junto con un David Tennant pasado de vueltas el la piel de un "experto en ocultismo" que tiene mas de showman que de cazavampiros. Muy entretenida.

• David Reynolds

★★★½ Watched by David Reynolds 18 Sep, 2014

An otherwise forgettable supernatural thriller, this 2011 remake of the 1985 semi-classic is complemented by solid performances all round, but elevated far beyond expectations by Farrell's powerful, playful, confident turn as suburban vampire Jerry.

A winning mix of Brando intensity, Elias Koteas tics and Farrell's own easy charm, Jerry is a monster, but one with wit, humour and a curious affection for his intended victims.

The movie drags considerably when Farrell is off-screen but is occasionally enlivened by the inclusion…

• Matt Thomas

★★★★ Rewatched by Matt Thomas 15 Sep, 2014

Deliciously wicked. Camp, funny, gory in places, with a very watchable cast. It's only Tennant that doesn't fare as well in the edit. Hugely enjoyable.

• radiomanhead

★★½ Added by radiomanhead

Lo mejor es la primera parte donde esta bien manejado el suspenso con el lado cómico que tiene también la versión original, Collin Farrel realmente lo borda y me parece que deja muy mal parados a los actores juveniles.

Una vez que el caza vampiros entra en acción la película a mi parecer pierde todo fuelle, la parte cómica se torna tonta y sin gracia, el suspenso desaparece para dar paso a una acción mas bien chusquera, una lastima porque…

• Victor Krause

★★★½ Watched by Victor Krause 05 Sep, 2014

Ya know what? It's fun. And Colin Farrell is mega weird in it, which makes it awesome.

• KMOKLER

★★★½ Added by KMOKLER

Not a bad remake actually pretty fun with pretty fun performances.

• witchyhellbroth

½ Added by witchyhellbroth

i should honestly give this zero stars but hey points for trying i guess???? TERRIBLE REMAKE god awful not even farrells hot brows could save this

• Plueschie

★★★★ Added by Plueschie

David Tennant (and Colin Farrell).
    I've got nothing more to say.

• Ben Dugan

★★★½ Rewatched by Ben Dugan 23 Aug, 2014

I would argue this is just as good-if not better- than the original. Anton Yelchin is an excellent Everyman hero and David Tennant is great as Peter Vincent. But the movie belongs to Colin Ferrell. He is obviously having a blast with the material and delivers one of his strongest performances,
    Not perfect by any means but well worth a viewing. Underrated and under seen.

• Toni Roig

★★★ Rewatched by Toni Roig 21 Aug, 2014

[English/ Spanish review]

Part of the "Dad, let's watch something scary together" (again)

My daughter asked me to re-re-watch it again with a friend, and we had a very good time indeed. I still prefer this version to the original in some ways (forgetting about the silly 3D effects, which fortunately are not too annoying): the movie retains the main bits of the original story, with a bleaker tone and a very solid cast, from the 'serious characters' (Anton Yelchin,…