• Dave Mello

★★★½ Watched by Dave Mello 30 Apr, 2016

Kubrick taking on the war genre? Awesome. Basically two different movies stuck together? Well, I'm not sure.

• No-Personality

Watched by No-Personality 01 May, 2016

The Vincent D'Onofrio movie was great.

The war movie was a war movie.

What's new with you?

• Lucy

★★½ Watched by Lucy 30 Apr, 2016

misleading: no one wore a jacket made out of metal

• Matt Rutledge

★★★★★ Watched by Matt Rutledge 30 Apr, 2016

Full Metal Jacket is a masterwork of cinema, which you shouldn't be surprised to hear since it's a Stanley Kubrick film. The scenes in the military camp are some of the best scenes put to film, thanks to outstanding performances from R. Lee Ermey and Vincent D'Onofrio, amazing cinematography, and brilliant editing. The scenes in Vietnam, while not as perfect as the military camp scenes, is still some amazing stuff, once again due to outstanding performances, amazing cinematography, and brilliant editing. And don't get me started on the absolutely perfect direction and writing. This film is a masterpiece and needs to be seen.

• BrodyConley

★★★★★ Watched by BrodyConley 30 Apr, 2016

seven six two millimeter

• Lucas Simão

★★★★★ Rewatched by Lucas Simão 28 Apr, 2016

Ao "esconder" a sua guerra, Kubrick faz um dos comentários mais pertinentes sobre o assunto ao falar da hipocrisia da preparação e do ridículo do combate. O inimigo é uma criança, assim como os soldados que cantam ingenuamente no fim.

• timkujawa

★★★½ Watched by timkujawa 28 Apr, 2016

First time seeing a Stanley Kubrick film, and I definitely get the hype. nearly every frame was a compositional painting. The characters aren't the most sympathetic, empathetic, but they're also far from pathetic, especially Lawrence played by Vincent D'Onofrio. Holy cow was he crazy good! I thought his Kingpen performance was great, still is, but now I understand that it was a stretch of old muscles he used for the character in this film. His climax was truly harrowing. But,…

• abanu123

★★★½ Added by abanu123

I enjoyed parts of this but the second half didnt click with me.

• La Pantalla Invisible
  • Francesco LoChirco

★★★★ Watched by Francesco LoChirco 23 Apr, 2016

This movie follows a person, not a plot. I'm usually not a fan of movies that use this method of story telling, but this one pulls it off wonderfully, even if it feels a bit two-parted.

To start off, Full Metal Jacket is very entertaining. It has a twisted sense of humor and it shows in many scenes. Other scenes are quite dark and intense, providing the movie with a good balance of tone. However, the change of tones from…

• Neil Sekhon

★★★★ Watched by Neil Sekhon 24 Apr, 2016

Kubrick aimed to appeal to a younger audience in one of his later films, which is why "Full Metal Jacket" was named after a perk in the popular "Call of Duty" videogame. This is one of those classic shoot 'em up flicks that any dad should watch with his son to seem cool. Kubrick stated that he flirted with the idea of making it into a trilogy since he already wrote screenplays for two more installments called "Sleight of Hand: Nuketown" and "A Team Deathmatch to Remember"

• Ford Boyce

★★★★½ Watched by Ford Boyce 24 Apr, 2016

Thoroughly engrossing and equally terrifying, FULL METAL JACKET is a fascinating and gripping film and one of the best war films out there. The finale is nerve-racking, but, surprisingly, there isn't a lot of action in it. Instead, Kubrick decides to focus on the destruction of man and his mind, which is a concept of war not enough directors show and it's certainly a concept I loved in this film. The performances are all stellar, from Matthew Modine (Why isn't…