• OtisPGrumble

★★★★½ Rewatched by OtisPGrumble 01 Mar, 2015

Still as chilling and horrific as the first time I watched it.

• NewOrder

★★★★★ Rewatched by NewOrder 28 Feb, 2015

NASCIDO PARA MATAR

(Full Metal Jacket, 1987)

Check-Ins 15

Metascore / 78/100

18 Metacritic

Movies {N/1}

• Andrew Ford

★★★★★ Rewatched by Andrew Ford 26 Feb, 2015

"Hey, we'll let the gooks play the Indians!"
    "I hate Vietnam, there ain't one horse in this country..."

So much richer and more complex in its second half than I've ever given it credit for being. Having seen this for the first time in high school and again at some point during college, this third viewing has proven nothing short of revelatory. A raw, viciously comic portrait of the American id run amok. I can't believe I've always looked at…

• Antonio Quintero

★★★★½ Rewatched by Antonio Quintero 25 Feb, 2015

The last great movie from Stanley Kubrick, I cannot finish watching Eyes Wide Shot. The only weakness this movie has is that the 1st part of the movie is so strong it completely overshadows the 2nd half of the movie. As far as I know its the only war movie were the training overshadows the war scenes.
    I am still amaze that Lee Ermey never got a nomination for his role. He is the true star of this movie. He…

• Jez Meyer

★★★★ Added by Jez Meyer

One third cautionary tale of military indoctrination, two-thirds stylized surrealism as Kubrick imbues Vietnam with more symbolism than any director before or since. The narrative suffers slightly, but FMJ remains one of the most intricate and meticulous war films ever made.

• baou

★★★★★ Watched by baou 22 Feb, 2015

Encapsulating, beautifully shot and totally disturbing.

• Imani Chacha

★★★★ Watched by Imani Chacha 20 Feb, 2015

Full Metal Jacket told two very good stories; I just don’t get what they had to do with each other. The first part with Vincent D’Onofrio and R. Lee Ermey is absolutely fantastic and serves as a phenomenal short film. The second half is almost as well done but completely different. I can’t bash the film too much however because both halves are effective and really show off Kubrick’s skill as a story teller.

• Brian Hann

★★★★ Added by Brian Hann

The first half of this movie remains the triumphant piece. The combat is well depicted, but without R Lee Ermey's Sgt Hartman this wouldn't be half the movie it became.

• markit0

★★★★★ Added by markit0

Diverse movie that is both serious and funny.

• Daniel Nilssen

★★★★ Added by Daniel Nilssen 1

One of my favorites in the war film genre. Usually I feel like allot of war films are the repetitive, but this was something different. The bootcamp shows us the uprising of the killing machines of the marines and later transitions into the slums of Hue City in Vietnam, where we meet different characters with the classic "grunt" small talk and banter.

• RobertSchirm1

★★★★★ Added by RobertSchirm1

This is my absolute favorite war film. it is extremely realistic feeling, showing what it was like being in the marines in the late 60s.

• Alan

★★★½ Watched by Alan 13 Feb, 2015

A telling case of the sum being weaker than its parts.