• Vinicius Oliveira

★★★★★ Watched by Vinicius Oliveira 08 Oct, 2014

Highly recommended!!
    About dehumanization, indifference and perils of obedience.

• Marcelo Morgade

★★★★★ Rewatched by Marcelo Morgade 09 Oct, 2014

Massa poder conferir no cinema a transformação dos garotos nas máquinas de matar psicóticas e a produção absurdamente real da guerra do Vietnã na metade final. Kubrick soube como ninguém alfinetar a política bélica americana sem nunca se aproximar do proselitismo chato.

• Joe DiCanio

★★★★ Watched by Bastiaan 06 Oct, 2014

4.25 stars

• Bruno Youn

★★★★½ Rewatched by Bruno Youn 05 Oct, 2014 10

This is the third film from Stanley Kubrick I have the pleasure to see in theaters and one that was really in need for a rewatch. Full Metal Jacket is certainly a riveting and powerful war film where the director examines how brutal war can be to the point of having dehumanizing effects among the recruits. I found the boot camp segment to be more compelling and the way Kubrick builds up the suspense is fascinating. Also, the humor is…

• quadrophenia17

★★★★ Added by quadrophenia17

The movie follows a group of aspiring young men as they endure the trials of basic training in their quest to become Marines and, ultimately, soldiers in the Vietnam War. In the first half of the film, Privates Joker and Pyle struggle through the mentally and physically tiring stresses which are intensified by the strict guidance of Gunnery Sergeant Hartman. The second half of the film is set in Vietnam. Privates Joker and Rafterman go out into the field to…

• jimmyneutron24

★★★★ Added by jimmyneutron24

This film is still great to this day, even if it falls off in the second half a bit.

• tjohnson

★★★★½ Added by tjohnson

R. Lee Ermey's part as Gunnery Sergeant Hartman was truly hilarious and real feeling. At times you feel like you are actually the one being screamed at and not Gomer Pyle.

• Tyler McCalpin

★★★★½ Watched by Tyler McCalpin 24 Sep, 2014 3

Drill Instructor: "Do any of you people know who Charles Whitman was?"

*Crickets*

"Drill Instructor: "Charles Whitman shot and killed 12 people from a 28-story observation tower at the University of Texas. Anybody know who Lee Harvey Oswald was?

*All hands shoot into the air*

Through 27 years, Stanley Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket has thoroughly proven itself--not only to be one of the most iconic war films of all time, but perhaps the greatest satire of american "patriotism". It's incredible…

• Cassidy Nicholas

★★★★½ Watched by Cassidy Nicholas 24 Sep, 2014

So I really love Stanley Kubrick and I can't believe it took me this long to see this movie, but I absolutely loved it. He made another masterpiece and I am in love every time he does his one-point perspective shot. This movie really lived up to its reputation and I can't believe I had been putting off seeing this. I definitely want to see this again and hopefully I'll be able to watch it on a big screen at some point.

• Jenny