• Isabela Almeida

★★★★ Rewatched by Isabela Almeida 18 Apr, 2015

CARTUCHO. DE. METAL.

• Freddy Kodis

★★★★½ Added by Freddy Kodis

This is my gun there are many like it this is mine. Cool movie. Awesomely shot. Lee Emery rules!

• moviesrmythingx

★★★★★ Added by moviesrmythingx

Is somehow haunting, sad, and hilarious at the same time. Made my top three Kubrick films

• Parker Jackson

★★★★★ Watched by Parker Jackson 12 Apr, 2015

Woah, this has to be one of the best war movies I've ever seen. It's not quite at the level of Apocalypse Now, but it's much more enjoyable and actually brings in comedic elements, which is refreshing for these kinds of movies. It also has one aspect going for it that in my opinion is of vital importance for Vietnam movies: an amazing soundtrack. The way I see it, a Vietnam movie without a great soundtrack is like tea without…

• dbontrager183

★★★★ Added by dbontrager183

those first 10 minutes are awesome.

• Yumin Ha

★★★½ Added by Yumin Ha

choppy
    confused

• Not David Lynch

★★★★½ Watched by Not David Lynch 09 Apr, 2015

If Full Metal Jacket is any indication, I'm really looking forward to the kinds of Iraq War movies that will come out in a decade. This is capably able to combine the pathos of war with the dark humor in all the voluntary conflicts that America has fought since World War II. Training is an aspect of the military that we rarely think of, but here it's presented in crystal clear detail. This is a process designed to take the…

• Matthew Gorman

★★★★★ Watched by Matthew Gorman 11 Apr, 2015

Stanley Kubrick gives us this war story about what is like to be human while going through the process of boot camp training all the way to war where important life changing decisions are made every day. Highly recommended.

• Reece Leonard

★★★★★ Added by Reece Leonard

Second only to Coppola's masterful "Apocalypse Now", Kubrick's examination of the Vietnam war chronicals the lifespan of a killer manufactured by a government and an army that, under all its swagger and bravado and iconography, is simply engaged in a systemic indoctrination of human beings into the cult of death, blind patriotism, brutality, violence, and horror resulting in inhuman insanity to protect its own interests. The fact that it's hilarious is just icing on the cake.

• Alexandra

★★★★ Watched by Alexandra 09 Apr, 2015

Fuerte as fuck. Hace falta rewatch

• Jason Darby

★★★½ Rewatched by Jason Darby 09 Apr, 2015

Full Metal Jacket is a tale of two films. The first half is a brilliant examination of the dehumanizing effects of basic training, and the near surgical like precision with which men are trained into automatic killing machines. The second half attempts to continue that line of thought into Vietnam itself and, while I can't say it utterly fails, it pales in comparison to its first half.

There is much that has been written about the amazing first half, particularly…

• Alexander Perelson

★★★★★ Added by Alexander Perelson

30 Day Movie Challenge: Day 14 Favorite Movie Quote
    " What is your major malfunction numb nuts".