• Metin Seven

★★★★ Added by Metin Seven

The drill sergeant is brilliant.

• pity sex

★★★★ Added by pity sex

born to fuck asexual sign

• Alex Krajci

★★★ Watched by Alex Krajci 13 Apr, 2014

I Like 1987's Full Metal Jacket.

• Chevalier

★★ Added by Chevalier

Is not that the second half sucks, is just that it feels pointless, and doesn't know how to handle the characters facing the "truth" about war.

• MisstressFire

★★★★½ Added by MisstressFire

This movie explores how bad war is. It's not like that act of valor movie that is like "Yeah come fight for us because it's so kickass and yeah." This movie shows how hard war was and the shit they went through was real.

• Eric Zavinski

★★★★½ Watched by Eric Zavinski 09 Apr, 2014

Full Metal Jacket tells two separate stories, perhaps emphasizing the included references to the duality of man in the film. The first takes place at boot camp where the struggles of young men being shaped into heartless killing machines are highlighted. Needless to say, there is much darkness in the content here as it also focuses on themes that are often ignored in war movies. Part one succeeds in being quite satirical in the beginning which contrasts starkly with the…

• LCN

★★★★½ Watched by LCN 05 Apr, 2014

"Because I am hard, you will not like me.
    But the more you hate me, the more you will learn.
    I am hard but I am fair.
    There is no racial bigotry here.
    I do not look down on niggers, kikes, wops or greasers.
    Here, you are all equally worthless."

• Diego Villalobos

★★★½ Watched by Diego Villalobos 07 Apr, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• rot

★★★★★ Rewatched by rot 07 Apr, 2014

Seen it many times, yet never fully remember the Vietnam part... Always remember where it ends but each time I watch it the story unfold as if for the first time. Weird. That rarely happens for me.

• David Raposa

★★★★ Watched by David Raposa 06 Apr, 2014

Saw this so long ago, I completely forgot there was a whole other movie after the Gomer Pyle stuff. & even after watching / appreciating the 2nd half of the film, I couldn't shake that image of Vincent D'Onofrio's thousand-yard-stare. & I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that was kind of the point. Ending on the troops singing the Mickey Mouse Club theme while they walk by what looks like a city-scale version of the oil fire from…

• Keith LaFountaine

★★★★★ Added by Keith LaFountaine

A masterpiece in its construction. Kubrick brings his vibrant filmmaking skills to the topic of Vietnam with a surprisingly potent bite.

• Benjamin D. Cramer

★★★★½ Rewatched by Benjamin D. Cramer 02 Apr, 2014

There are plenty of Vietnam War movies out there, but none like Stanley Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket. This movie is intense, dark, hilarious, and very engrossing as young soldiers are trained to kill, because that's just what they are born to do. This movie can be looked at as two different movies if you split the story in half. The first half feels like one hour long scene as a group of men go through training to become Marines. The…