• Joseph Brown

★★★★★ Rewatched by Joseph Brown 05 Apr, 2014

A perfect musical, though it's hard to accept a young Streisand as "not-beautiful."

• Fernando Iriarte

★★★★★ Watched by Fernando Iriarte 17 Mar, 2014

Vista a las 11:00 pm a través de Claro Video.

Es mi musical favorito

• Joel T

★★★½ Watched by Joel T 12 Mar, 2014

Synopsis – She wants to be a star, so she does that. And apparently she’s ugly? I mean, she’s not conventionally beautiful, but ugly? C’mon. Well, anyway, she gets by on her self-deprecating sense of humor and her denial of rejection in all its forms.

Starring - Barbra Streisand, Omar Sharif, others

Movie #4 in the March movie project, I asked my mom what makes Funny Girl special to her:
    “I love the ugly duckling makes good story. I memorized…

• Roberts

★★★½ Watched by Roberts 09 Mar, 2014

FUNNY GIRL makes a mistake right after the intermission - it stops being a musical and instead turns into a melodrama. It doesn't ruin the film and I still enjoyed the rest, but the first half was near perfect for me.

• Oti

★★★★ Watched by Oti 22 Feb, 2014 1

No había visto esta película desde que era una niña, acabo de recordar por qué desde siempre me ha gustado el cine, los musicales, Omar Sharif y Barbra Streisand, todo en su conjunto me fascinó, y el tiempo no ha hecho apenas mella en ello. Fanny (Barbra Streisand), simpática chica/no muy agraciada , vive una preciosa historia de amor y un final turbador. Funny girl es una película biográfica de la artista Fanny Brice, actriz y cantante neoyorkina muy popular…

• JayKay99

★★★½ Watched by JayKay99 17 Feb, 2014

Fun and entertaining, some of the dance sequences were beautifully shot. Streisand is charming and never boring but the songs felt a little safe and dull.

• JMOursler

★★★ Watched by JMOursler 02 Feb, 2014

I was with it for the first half, but what the holy hell with Act 2?!

• CeeJay

★★★★ Added by CeeJay

Charming and much funnier than I remembered, Barbra Streisand is witty, emotive and a bona fide star in this comedic musical account of Fanny Brice's life. Every number is memorable thanks to top notch performances. The funnest watching experience I've had in a while.

• David M.K.

★★ Watched by David M.K. 05 Jan, 2014

In meteorological terminology, there is ambient temperature and there is the wind chill factor, which makes the ambient temperature feel lower than it actually is. Correspondingly, there is a film's actual running time and there is the dullness factor, which makes a film feel longer than it actually is.

Funny Girl felt eight hours long, but my DVR indicated that it actually lasted only two and a half hours. I had to break the movie up into three separate and…

• cinemagazine

★★★ Added by cinemagazine

"‘Funny Girl’ is een heerlijk ouderwetse Hollywoodmusical die de kijker laat baden in een zee van nostalgie voor een tijd dat er nog gerookt werd in films en mensen elkaar nog het hof maakten zonder social media."

• Diana

★★★★ Watched by Diana 30 Dec, 2013

Barbara Streisand is amazing as Fanny Brice, a performer who rises from poverty to stardom. The film chronicles the rise as well as her relationship with her husband. Many famous songs, "Rain on my Parade,"

• Scott Audetat

★★★½ Watched by Scott Audetat 24 Dec, 2013

Filmed like an actual show, that high runtime includes a long opening overature, as well as an intermission.

I like musicals so this kind of film may not be for everyone.

The reason so reason to.watch this is for Barbara Streisand. Yeah, I said it. She is just amazing here, both acting and singing.

The music is decent, with the DON'T RAIN ON MY PARADE song being the standout.

It really is two different films, the first half being more…