• James Leeroy

★★★★ Watched by James Leeroy 29 Jan, 2015

This was a great musical. I look up to Barbra Streisand as an inspiration and this movie was just a great depiction of her tremendous talents in acting. I absolutely love the musicals in the movie, the performances, the costume, and the great acting abilities. Enjoyed this film a lot and I'd press replay for this movie.

• Brittany

★★★ Watched by Brittany 14 Feb, 2015

hearts in my eyes for Omar Sharif

• Kevin Falk

★★★★★ Rewatched by Kevin Falk 01 Feb, 2015

Funny Girl Is an essential for all musical fans As It is an absolute masterpiece. Theres so much to love about this musical as well. The acting is just so top notch Barbra Striesand gives the best performance of her career and anything never came close to how good this was. the rest of the acting Is fine but Striesand steals the show I love that the first half of this movie is a fun movie about the happy times…

• Courtney Cheshire

★★★★½ Watched by Courtney Cheshire 29 Jan, 2015

I love musicals so much. This was such a delight, completely thanks to Barbara Streisand. She is hilarious and insanely talented. I do think it started to drag a little when Nick got more involved, but I still really enjoyed it!

• Christina

★★★★ Rewatched by Christina 25 Jan, 2015

It is easy to see how Barbra Streisand became a star watching this movie. The supporting cast is fine but this is Streisand's movie.

Good: Pretty much every song Streisand sings is outstanding.
    Bad: Movie drags too much in the second half.
    Meh: Definitely a fictionalized version of Brice's life. No way that hair and make-up worked in the 1920s.
    Ohhh: Walter Pidgeon plays Ziegfeld and this is the age that matches his name. I saw him in an earlier movie and it just didn't fit.

"Hello gorgeous!"

• Alicia

★★★★★ Rewatched by Alicia 01 Jan, 2015

The only time I've ever cried while watching a musical is when Fanny sings "My Man"...and I mean I BALLED. Love Barbara Streisand, she is a class act.

• wbmalone

★★½ Rewatched by wbmalone 27 Dec, 2014

Not as good as I remembered. But Striesand could save any film.

• AmandaC

★★★★ Watched by AmandaC 19 Dec, 2014

Hadn't realised how many songs were in this film. Kept me thoroughly entertained from beginning to end.

• pstead

★★★½ Watched by pstead 14 Dec, 2014

I despise musicals usually. but I could watch and listen to Streisand all day long. Goes on a bit.

• David Baptiste

★★★½ Watched by ninajackson 06 Dec, 2014

Nice musical!

• Nik

★★½ Watched by Nik 28 Sep, 2014

A romantic comedy musical biopic. Not generally my cups of tea. People who love musicals generally love the songs without any regards to any other part of the film. And William Wyler doesn't direct this with any of the grandiosity that musicals of the 50s were given in their heyday. I mean, this is the guy who directed Ben-Hur. And our most lavish production in the first act is the seduction scene in a hotel room and that is only…