• Patrick Campbell

★★★★ Rewatched by Patrick Campbell 16 Sep, 2014

First time I've seen this in years. It's not nearly as good as the original, but it's honestly not horrible either. It's got a lot of charm, the characters are still wonderful, but there's definitely studio interference written all over it. But I still have a soft spot for the film, because I love the characters, and it has a lot of great scenes. It's hard to follow up a classic that is, in this reviewer's opinion, the greatest comedy of all time, so it was always going to have an uphill battle. Definitely worth a rewatch if you haven't seen it in a while.

• Lyndell Clark

★★★★ Rewatched by Lyndell Clark 16 Sep, 2014 1

Watched the new bluray. Even though its not as good as the original ive still always had fun with it and enjoyed it.

• matt lynch

★★ Rewatched by matt lynch 12 Sep, 2014

there's a plot strand in this about how Bill Murray doesn't really want anything to do with it anymore.

• film|captures

★★★★ Rewatched by film|captures 12 Sep, 2014 1

Goofy 80's films always seemed to have better sequels.

• Amanda

★★★★★ Rewatched by Amanda 09 Sep, 2014 3

II is as good as the first. Yeah, I SAID IT. Fight me, ya nerds.

• Matt Heckler

★★★½ Rewatched by Matt Heckler 06 Sep, 2014

I've seen this before, but re-watching it, I have to say that it get's an unnecessarily bad rap. Sure, it's not as good as the original classic, but Ghostbusters II has some really great moments and is definitely funny. The final act is a little shaky, and it ultimately isn't as memorable as Ghostbusters, but this is hardly the embarrassment everyone makes it out to be. I quite enjoyed it.

• Philip Cowgill

★★★★½ Rewatched by Philip Cowgill 04 Sep, 2014

The reason it gets a 4.5/5 is the patch on their arm. Why is it the Ghostbusters 2 logo? I know I'm watching the sequel, it makes no sense.

• Liam Hathaway

★★★ Added by Liam Hathaway

In the grand scheme of things, Ghostbusters II is a disappointingly formulaic retread of the first film with a marginally altered narrative. But still, you'd have to be a serious cynic to not be won over by its goofy charm or Bill Murray's comedic genius, even if it is ultimately half of the quality of the original film.

• Rodney Terrell

★★★★ Rewatched by Rodney Terrell 31 Aug, 2014

"On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil!"-Vigo

A lot of people seem to hate this sequel but I actually think it's pretty good. It's a better shot film for sure and the effects here hold up better. There are some truly cheesy themes here but it's Ghostbusters and that's ok in this world.

Vigo…

• Travis McClain

★★★ Rewatched by Travis McClain 30 Aug, 2014

My niece spent the night with me, and while I had originally hoped to take her to the Louisville Palace to see Creature from the Black Lagoon, she soured on the idea around 6:00 and there was just no way to kill the time until the 8:00 show time so I abandoned that. (Which sucks, because that meant I missed all ten Universal Monsters movies they played this year.)

When we got back, she browsed my DVD library and decided…

• David J. Fowlie

★★★ Watched by David J. Fowlie 30 Aug, 2014

Like the summer of 84, the summer of 89 had some fantastic movies. Unfortunately, you can kinda tell Murray was starting to lose interest here.

• KMOKLER

★½ Added by KMOKLER

No why, you never leave the originals alone Hollywood.