• Chris Drake

★★½ Added by Chris Drake

It's funny to see the same concepts used around the same time frame in both the Ghostbusters and the Evil Dead franchise; one of those films understood why its audience liked it—Ghostbusters did not.

• Miles Powell

★★★ Added by Miles Powell

Well... not a steep drop from the first one. It's a bit slight, and the "negative energy" plot points can be hokey. If it weren't for the cast having fun (bored Bill Murray aside), this would be pretty terrible.

• Jordan Barrett

★★½ Rewatched by Jordan Barrett 20 Oct, 2014 1

The jokes are a plenty and the characters still rich but it falls flat a little. It's maybe something to do with aiming at a slightly younger audience, I'm not sure. Too much slime, not enough Ghostbusters.

• OtisPGrumble

★★★ Rewatched by OtisPGrumble 18 Oct, 2014

It's funny, people have always slagged this film off but I always remember liking it.
    I watched it on a double bill with the first and the comparison doesn't help it at all.
    I still really like it but I think that's more to do with the love and affection I have for the characters, so seeing them again is always welcome.

• Noah Villaverde

★★★ Rewatched by Noah Villaverde 18 Oct, 2014

Suffers from following the "Electric Boogaloo" formula of making sequels and also has significantly weaker pacing than its predecessor, but "Ghostbusters II" is still worth a watch just to see the cast onscreen together again.

• Josh Browning

★★★★ Rewatched by Josh Browning 17 Oct, 2014

It loses its way in the last act a bit but I think it is still very watchable.

• JulieC

★★★ Rewatched by JulieC 17 Oct, 2014

The Mayor: Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right.

• Luke Grima

★★★ Rewatched by Luke Grima 15 Oct, 2014

‪#‎31NightsOfHorror‬ - DAY 15

4K blu-ray, again, looks great.

• That Girl From Brave

★★★★ Added by That Girl From Brave

Ghostbusters spawned a sequel in 1989. And unfortunately, it doesn’t seem to be as popular as the original, but I love it just as much. This time, the Ghostbusters battle two evil forces. One is a slime underneath New York City that feeds on anger and unleashes ghosts. The other is Vigo the Carpathian, a 17th century tyrant and magician that’s trapped inside a painting at the Manhattan Museum of Art. With the help of Peter MacNicol, he kidnap’s Sigourney…

• Dan

★★★ Rewatched by Dan 23 Sep, 2014

Egon: I'd like to run some gynecological tests on the mother.
    Peter Venkman: Who wouldn't?

• Baz Film