• Marna Larsen

★★★ Added by Marna Larsen

I always say I'm going to watch this on New Year's Eve and then I never do. This movie used to scare me quite a bit, because while I was not raised religious, fear of the end of the world seems to be nondenominational.

• Matt Wooldridge

★★★ Watched by Matt Wooldridge 27 Nov, 1989

A sequel about half as good as the original, which is the reason why Murray has never signed on to any further sequels, which in turn is the reason why none have been made. There were some strange decisions made in this film, the first decision being that they had no desire to make this film any bigger (and approach taken on a sequel like Lethal Weapon 2) but rather just try and match the first film. And on top…

• Sonia

★★★★ Watched by Sonia 22 Feb, 2015

Not quite sure why everyone hates on this one. Almost as good as the first.

• Brian Hann

★★★★ Added by Brian Hann

Not as good as the first, but still a very fitting sequel.

• Luiz Andrade

★★★ Watched by Luiz Andrade 16 Feb, 2015

Caça-fantasma 2 é divertido, da para rir, mas é mais facil conseguir isso tudo e mais com o primeiro.

• Cinematic Justice

★★★★ Rewatched by Cinematic Justice 14 Feb, 2015

I'm not really too sure why so many people hate on this one, because I honestly think it's a pretty solid sequel. Sure, it has a lot of structural similarities to the first film, but no one ever criticizes, say, Star Trek (the good ones anyway) or Indiana Jones (ditto) for that. But I think this sequel did a great job of recapturing the magic of the original. We're definitely not talking about a Blues Brothers 2000 situation here.

• NipponNewfie

★★ Rewatched by NipponNewfie 14 Feb, 2015

Hadn't seen this movie in many years and I don't think it has aged well. The special effects and fashion were rather nostalgic and made me smile but otherwise it was a not very funny sequel.

• UgliestBaby

★★★★ Watched by UgliestBaby 15 Feb, 2015

i really liked this movie. pls dont hate.

it made me laugh. it elaborated nicely on existing characters and ideas. it had some spicy NEW concepts. rick moranis gets together with the secretary chick. also rick moranis.

this movie felt like it was content to be a safer, inferior version of the first movie, and that to me is weirdly endearing. fuck all da gb 2 haters.

• Sam Blackburn

★★★½ Watched by Sam Blackburn 13 Feb, 2015

While not as good as the first this sequel still provides enough laughs and fun to make it stand as a suitable sequel.

• M.K. Nielsen

Rewatched by M.K. Nielsen 10 Feb, 2015

Watched it with Red Letter Media's commentary track. Pretty interesting.

• thatcarlguy

Added by thatcarlguy

Ghostbusters is my favorite movie to this day. I loved it. I watched it a million times growing up. I knew all the words. So when they announced Ghostbusters 2 my heart leaped for joy. I was so excited!
    Then it sold out opening night and I didn't get in to see it. I had to wait a few days until it was less busy. Which made me crazy.
    My brother and I and a few friends ended up seeing…

• deadmanramsey