• Blaine McGaffigan

★★★ Rewatched by Blaine McGaffigan 23 Apr, 2015

Ghostbusters II is a carbon copy of the first film. While it has all of the elements that make the first one great, it's fear to tread new ground is what holds it back.

The cast is having fun being back together, and there are some great Bill Murray lines.

I was rolling my eyes when they bend over backwards to recreate the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man scene.

Not bad, but not iconic.

• JohnAllegretti

Added by JohnAllegretti

Blu-Ray

• syxxpac

★★★★ Added by syxxpac

The aroma of the studio's nefarious commercial agenda is a bit more pungent this time around, so it's to be expected that this would be more of a repetition on the first film's winning formula. And in that regard, all expectations are met. But it's still a fun ride with another scene-stealing Bill Murray performance and a well-written, gag-filled Ramis/Aykroyd screenplay letting him go all kinds of nuts as only he can. Nice to see old favorites like Rick Moranis's terminally geeky accountant Lewis Tully and his frequent ectoplasmic nemesis Slimer getting more screen time, as well.

• Warriors

★★ Added by Warriors

i didn't think much of the first one so.............

• GoodBadAndOdd

★★★ Watched by GoodBadAndOdd 10 Apr, 2015

A tired and rather weak sequel to the magnificent Ghostbusters, with the writing and execution feeling a little by the numbers and lacking the energy and pure creative genius of the first one. It does have some nice moments though, especially if you keep your attention on Egon.

• Chris Sumner

★★★★ Rewatched by Chris Sumner 04 Apr, 2015

Bustin' continues to make me feel good.

• Jakub Flasz

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jakub Flasz 03 Apr, 2015

"Ghostbusters 2" is to "Ghostbusters" what "T2" is to "The Terminator" for some people. It looks and feels better probably because I have more of a connection to it, as compared with the original. I did see the sequel first and I do have a nostalgic connection to it. So, yes, I do like "Ghostbusters 2" more. So suck on that...

Plus, it does genuinely feel like a better made movie for some reason and I will gladly defend its superiority during any water-cooler discussion.

• Ben Underwood

★★★½ Rewatched by Ben Underwood 29 Mar, 2015

I hated this when it came out. Maybe it was the general feeling but this film does a pretty good job of matching the tone of the original. Seeing the first film a few months back, its still great but its not a laugh a minute comedy. Here the concept is not new but there is a lot to like especially Bill Murray who provides a great number of the best scenes. Things get silly near the end but whereas Peter MacNicol's performance used to drive me crazy it now seems a nice comedic stint.

• AkiyoH

★★½ Rewatched by AkiyoH 28 Mar, 2015 2

I knew it was never as good as the first Ghostbusters, but this time, this sequel was worse than I remembered. There are a few laughs (I don't know why, but "Hairless pets, weird" is the funniest line in the film), but the second half in particular drags when the moderately amusing setup makes way for the lackluster plot development. The villain in particular fails to hold much interest in this one.

• Jason Wray

★★★ Watched by Jason Wray 28 Mar, 2015

Fun, but feels a lot lazier than the first and repeats some elements. Ernie Hudson also disappears and reappears randomly?

• CJ_Boddicker

★★ Watched by CJ_Boddicker 23 Mar, 2015

Two stars for Peter MacNicol.

• Cameron M. Gambas Johnson