• Colin Callaghan

★★★★ Rewatched by Colin Callaghan 24 Apr, 2016

Caught a double showing of this and Ghostbusters at the beautiful Hayden Orpheum theatre. Awesome and nostalgic.

• Michel87

★★★ Watched by Michel87 06 Jan, 2010

Solid fun bit first is much better.

6/10

• Elijah Fox

★★★ Rewatched by Elijah Fox 21 Apr, 2016

Ghostbusters is beloved by many, so it's not surprising that it's sequel seen many disappointed or outright hating! It would have been difficult for any writer or director to try and recreate the magic that made it so unique. The hate Ghostbusters 2 receives isn't exactly justifiable or warranted, sure it's not as good as the original...once you get over that it's actually a fun ride. The chemistry remains the same, the humour is still clever and witty (although arguably…

• Iain MacKinnon

★★★★ Rewatched by Iain MacKinnon 15 Apr, 2016

Weirdly I enjoyed this more than the original, isn't general opinion that the first is better? It's way funnier, has much better writing and more likeable characters, and even though it was only made a few years after the first it hasn't dated nearly as badly.

• filmcollective

★★★ Rewatched by filmcollective 15 Apr, 2016

So, agreeably not an improvement on the original at all, but Ghostbusters 2 isn’t that bad a sequel. The whole cast reunite, once again under the direction of Reitman, to continue the tale of New York's hapless Ghost hunters, who by now have disbanded and are forced back into business when a possessed painting threatens to bring certain doom to the world.

The laughs are still as solid here, as are the action set pieces, but Ghostbusters 2 doesn't bring…

• Barry S

★★★★ Added by Barry S

Valentine's Day. Bummer.

• Aaron Jones

★★★★ Added by Aaron Jones

Better than the first ghostbusters if I'm being totally honest, one of the most underrated sequels ever made.

• Justin Harlan

★★★★ Rewatched by Justin Harlan 02 Apr, 2016

I think it's a solid 4 stars for me, despite rating it just 3.5 last week. My eldest son, Cash, rewatches this one a ton and I'm totally okay with that.

"I'd like to run some gynecological exams on the mother."

"Who wouldn't?"

• Matt Gaffney

★★★½ Rewatched by Matt Gaffney 01 Apr, 2016

First, I'll say this was a lot of fun to revist. Lots of laughs, particularly from Bill Murray & Rick Morranis, and some pretty cool set pieces.

But it has to be said, it's a pretty big gap between this and the 1st Ghostbusters, which is still an absolute classic.

It doesn't look as good (not so much the special effects, but the overall look of the film), the songs don't hold up as well, and the plot/story aren't nearly as tight. But again, this is compared to an all time great. So even with all that it's well worth a rewatch.

• Michael Kastner

★★★★ Rewatched by Michael Kastner 31 Mar, 2016

Ich mag den genauso gerne wie den ersten Teil. Macht einfach Spaß.

• The Masked Negro

★★★ Added by The Masked Negro

I've only seen this movie twice. Back when I was like 11. I'm sure it's aged horribly but I'm sorry it gave me the life goal of getting to the top of the Statue of Liberty and trying to control it with an NES Advantage.

• Elly

★★★★ Watched by Elly 26 Mar, 2016

Just like the first movie, this one holds up extremely well. It was a good movie, but man I hate some of the characters. Also, especially the first half of the movie it felt too much like a sequel.