• scottlang

★★★★½ Rewatched by scottlang 05 Feb, 2016

With RLM Commentary. Much more enjoyable.

• Jaina

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jaina 05 Feb, 2016

A classic in my eyes. One of those films that after you've lost count of how many times you've seen it, you'll still want to see it many more times.

• Gregory Kent

★★★ Rewatched by Gregory Kent 02 Feb, 2016

Ghostbusters II is a very unique case. A follow-up to perhaps the most original and best comedies of all time, it should never succeed. How could it top or even come close to something so perfect?

But if we don't compare it to the original, it is actually a decent comedy. It certainly has flaws (much less laughs, a completely cheesy premise, villains that are not compelling, and very little conflict between its principal characters), but it still has a…

• Blacktus Jack

★★★½ Watched by Blacktus Jack 31 Jan, 2016

I think there was a painstaking process taken to make this movie as subtly about the Cold War as possible.

Rick Moranis wasn't in this one quite as much, though.

• Alan

★★★★½ Rewatched by Alan 30 Jan, 2016

A lot of people hate this. And yes, it's sillier, the soundtrack is worse and structurally it's all over the place.. But yknow what? Fuck off. Quit being a dick.

In spite of its flaws, this is still pure fun and it was a huge part of my childhood. Have you seen those effects? Or the awesome character actor cast? Have you SEEN how incredible Janine is?

If you hate on this, you suck. Quit being a dick.

• Kate ✌️

★★½ Added by Kate ✌️

its watered down ghostbusters what more is there to say?

• Trevor Dailey

★★★½ Added by Trevor Dailey

Sadly not as good as the original, but still fun.

• stirnmeister

★★★★½ Rewatched by stirnmeister 25 Jan, 2016

who you gonna call!

• Zodokai

★★½ Rewatched by Zodokai 21 Jan, 2016

"You're nothing but an unstable short-chain molecule!"

While not as entrancing as the first film, Ghostbusters II is still a solid film. It has its moments, but the comedy isn't as entertaining and the story is not as engrossing. One might claim that is because the concept was no longer fresh and unique. Maybe if I had been alive when these films came out I could use that excuse. Maybe if the first time I saw Ghostbusters the world hadn't…

• Lindsay

★★★ Rewatched by Lindsay 18 Jan, 2016

I know this is not as good as the orginal. But when you walk down stairs and your boyfriend just happens to put it on, and the pink goo is seeping through the cracks you know its going to be a good time. If you want a really good ghostbusters watch the orginal 1984 movie, if you want something goffy with Vigor, you are still going to have fun. I can't really defend this movie, even as a kid I…

• Carlofornia Raisin

★★★½ Rewatched by Carlofornia Raisin 17 Jan, 2016

Up until the final act this is the best Ghostbusters movie. Then it turns into the worst Ghostbusters movie. Whatever I still love it.

• David Bonesteel

★★½ Added by David Bonesteel 2

Driven out of business by crushing lawsuits after the climax of the first film, the boys (Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis, and Ernie Hudson) band together when Dana Barrett (Sigourney Weaver) is again threatened by demons.

The first Ghostbusters film wasn’t as good as most people think it was, and this one isn’t as bad. It hums along pleasantly enough, never making much of an effort to distinguish itself from the first one, but the cast is just as…