• Han Solo

★★★★½ Rewatched by Han Solo 25 Jul, 2014

Before my mom would take me to pre school. I would literally watch this movie everyday before we'd leave. And I would always rewind it and watch the ending about 20 times.

"A year from now, those kids won't even remember who we ware." - Winston Zeddemore

It's been 25 years and I still remember Z.

• Ryan Gelley

★★★½ Rewatched by Ryan Gelley 22 Jul, 2014

"Ungrateful little yuppy larvae" - Raymond Stantz

Nowadays, sequels that match or exceed the quality of the original are not unheard of. In today's Hollywood, the first film in a franchise is usually a financial water-tester, and is beholden to an origin story that cannot be deviated from. Sometimes, (see X2, Spider-Man 2, Empire, Winter Soldier), getting the introductory chapter out of the way opens the door to greater storytelling opportunities, due to the luxury of working with previously established…

• The Ron

★★★ Rewatched by The Ron 18 Jul, 2014

Like the first film which I re-watched earlier today, Ghostbusters II was a personal favorite of mine as a child. This sequel lacks the charm and wit from the first film but it's still fun, and I really enjoyed showing it to my kids for the first time. My son Yorel is 3 (He turns 4 next month) and Thane turned 2 back in June. They both enjoyed it and were really into singing the theme song. Now I get…

• James Rubec

★★½ Rewatched by James Rubec 13 Jul, 2014

All of the things I loved about Ghostbusters hold true in its sequel and that's the problem.

The exposition and shlocky setup to bring the Ghostbusters back together is just bad writing. The editing of this movie is horrible and if the performances weren't so memorable and the characters so beloved I would have rated this movie a 1.5 out of 5.

This movie on re-watch is garbage and while a few years ago I would have loved to see…

• M.D. Perkins

★★★★½ Rewatched by M.D. Perkins 03 Jul, 2014

"You think there's a connection between this Vigo character and the slime?"
    "Is the atomic weight of cobalt 58.9?"

I think I slightly prefer this to the original. I know I did as a kid. We recorded this off the Disney channel in 1990 and it was easily my favorite movie for several years. Watching it now, it does have a different atmosphere than Ghostbusters, which feels more joke driven while here, narrative takes over. The jokes here have an…

• luis reséndiz

★★★½ Rewatched by luis reséndiz 30 Jun, 2014 3

en mi mente era más divertida. no que no lo sea, pero su temática ("todos debemos ser más buena onda y querernos más") me parece mucho menos afortunada que la primera. con todo, mantiene algunos de sus desplantes ojetes --el personaje de bill murray y su programa, por ejemplo-- y muchas cosas muy divertidas --¡el titanic! ¡la estatua de la libertad con los ghostbusters manejándola!

una secuela que no-está-a-la-altura-del-original pero que aún así lo hace bastante bien. me habría encantado ver la idea de max landis para ghostbusters iii realizada: su pitch, acá.

• SamRieck

★★★ Added by SamRieck

Not as good as the first, but still fun.

• bjarvis

★★★½ Watched by bjarvis 29 Jun, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• MLPTMY

★★★★½ Rewatched by MLPTMY 26 Jun, 2014 2

I know I'm rating this film way higher than it honestly deserves, but dammit, it's my score and I'll do whatever I want. In all seriousness though, I'm a sucker for this film. It's one of my most watched movies of all time. I've probably seen this close to 100 times. Its re-watch factor is incredibly high in my opinion — probably because I'm a huge fan of the original, which by the way, is probably in my top ten…

• JohnQuinn

★½ Rewatched by JohnQuinn 14 Jun, 2014

Streaming: Wow. It's worse than I remembered it. I'm not sure how Columbia green lit this script.
    It goes dark with "baby in jeopardy" scenes but goes the opposite end of the spectrum with unfunny cheesy sequences like the Statue of Liberty walk.
    I'll just stick with the first one for future viewings and try to forget about this one.

• Caty Alexandre

★★½ Watched by Caty Alexandre 03 Jun, 2014 6

I was not very impressed with the first film of Ghostbusters. I thought that all the magic of the film might have been lost for the ones who are watching it now for the first time like I did. Anyway I wanted to check this second part to see if opinion would be the same.

Well, I must confess that Ghostbusters II did not impressed me too. In Ghostbusters II we follow all of the Ghostbusters members five year later.…

• seasondays

★★★½ Watched by seasondays 30 May, 2014

as fresh and as fun as the first movie but digging deeper and going further in every way: as iconic, if not more, than the original.