• Jabba Hutt

★★½ Watched by Jabba Hutt 10 Dec, 2014

Not quite as clever as the first, but still a half decent movie... even if it does retread the same basic plot as the first film.

The funniest thing while watching the movie was when the credits started rolling and my partner dryly states in an aristocratic manner from across the room: "...and having completed all they had set out to do in two films... there was no need for another..."

• Matt Day

★★★★ Rewatched by Matt Day 04 Dec, 2014

Looks and sounds great on bluray, haven't seen this in too long. Second on my list of tenuous Christmas films.

• Ben (Film Intel)

★★★★ Rewatched by Ben (Film Intel) 23 Oct, 2014

"We return to the team ostracised, fragmented and more washed up than ever... The reason? After saving the city - and indeed the planet - from Gozer, instead of being hailed as heroes the team were sued for the damage they caused in New York. It's a brilliant and biting satire of the money-driven and compensation-obsessed society of the 1980s which still resonates today. From a narrative point of view, this is also Aykroyd and Ramis challenging themselves to do something different, not just trot out the same story as they did before - and it works brilliantly". Full review at Film Intel

• Matthew H

★★★★★ Rewatched by Matthew H 30 Nov, 2014

I can still remember sitting at home at age 7 when my mom told me we were going to see Ghostbusters 2 in the theater. I remember being scared by the decapitated heads in the subway tunnel and jumping in my cousin Jamie's lap. I remember renting the VHS tape the day it was released. For me, both Ghostbusters movies are the perfect 80s comedies and I can watch either of them at any time. I can't separate my nostalgia…

• Steve Dickson

★★★★★ Rewatched by Steve Dickson 25 Nov, 2014

Still love this. Its better than I remembered it being as well. Its just a good comedy with a great concept. I wish Rick Moranis would get back to making films as you forget how good he really is. Always makes me laugh when he has just asked the receptionist out on a date......then realises he is in the middle of the road. So well done. This film is as good as the first one for me.

• MovieMan23

★★ Added by MovieMan23

Forgettable sequel that is weak compared to original.

• alf025237

★★★★½ Added by alf025237

continuação divertidissima. bons tempos de sessao da tarde.

• Cobb

★★½ Added by Cobb

The plot is a continuous WTF, the villain does not give even for a short, bright moments are missing, and the feeling of reluctance is patent throughout the film ... really seems a sequel made nowadays.
    But has one of my favorite bunch of characters of all time, so for very loose resulting in general ... I enjoy it a bit.

• Robert Lucas

★★★★ Rewatched by Robert Lucas 30 Oct, 2014

I enjoy the sequel, though obviously not of the quality of the first. Always good, but not quite great.

• Thomas Ballard

★★★★½ Added by Thomas Ballard

Not as good as the original, but still an amazing sequel.

• Ramon Pinillos Prates

★★★★ Rewatched by Ramon Pinillos Prates 27 Oct, 2014

Não é tão genial quanto o 1º, mas é tão divertido quanto. Esse eu vi no cinema.

• Dustin Baker

★★★½ Rewatched by Dustin Baker 31 Oct, 2014

October Horror Challenge 2014 Movie #85

My son got to pick a few of the movies we watched on Halloween and this was one of them. I'm still not sure why this is so reviled. Yeah, it's not as good as the first, but would you really expect it to be? Watching it this time, I caught a few jokes I never really latched on to before. Egon's line about his epididymis almost had me choke on what I was drinking.