• Helen_S

★★★★½ Rewatched by Helen_S 01 Oct, 2015

I've always slightly preferred this to the original. This sent my demented imagination into overdrive as a kid. I think the main reason I liked it a bit more was whilst it was very comedic like the first film it also had what was a really creepy good disturbing storyline to it. And it came at just the right time for me as I'd been reading short horror stories of possessed old paintings. Although it doesn't unnerve me as it did when I was a child I still just have such a ball with this.

"Doe, Ray, Egon!"

• Kristina Weiner

★★½ Rewatched by Kristina Weiner 03 Oct, 2015

I liked this a lot more when I was 8 years old.

• dao1282

★★½ Rewatched by dao1282 30 Sep, 2015

The first Ghostbusters is one of my favorite films. While the sequel isn't terrible, everything just feels a bit off. You feel the complacency in the performances and the execution, almost as if everyone involved knew they were doing this simply for a paycheck.

• Robbie Owen

★★½ Watched by Robbie Owen 30 Sep, 2015

Fixes what was broke about Ghostbusters, then breaks what was fixed. Bill Murray, though, remains unshakeable.

• Carson Hearne

★★★½ Added by Carson Hearne

This movie is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. It's not as great as the original, but it's way underrated and deserves a lot more credit than people give it.

• Chris Popkoff

★★★½ Rewatched by Chris Popkoff 22 Sep, 2015

First time re-watching this in a theater since I saw it as a kid with my best friend (at the time) Mark Horacek and his mom. I always thought this was underrated compared to the original, but the last 10 minutes (not even including the sublimely goofy Statue of Liberty bit) is just such a mess.

• Gabriel Lisboa

★★★ Watched by Gabriel Lisboa 24 Sep, 2015

One of the worst soundtracks of all time.

• WreckItDee

★★★½ Rewatched by WreckItDee 19 Sep, 2015

Definitely seems like a series of vignettes strung together to force a sort of a coherent flowing plot.

As much as Bill Murray was not mentally into the filming of this sequel he seems to object vehemently, his verbal takedown of antagonistic characters and the main villain was still incredibly hilarious, which we could always do with.

People complained that the Statute of Liberty was a cheap knockoff of the Stay-Puff Mashmallow Man; no it was worse in terms of…

• griddlecakes

★½ Watched by griddlecakes 30 Sep, 2014

• superactionbros

Added by superactionbros

On Episode 42, the Super Action Bros stumble upon a vat of mood slime called Ghostbusters II.

• Brian Langenwalter

★★★★ Watched by Brian Langenwalter 13 Sep, 2015

Although the first feels a bit more "epic" in scope, Ghostbusters II is still just as charming. Also, the fact that Ernie Hudson gets much more screen time is a big deal for me in comparison to the first film.

• RIMovieCorner

★★★½ Added by RIMovieCorner

'Ghostbusters II' is one of the many sequels that are commonly regarded as being 'not as good' as their predecessors. But really, in thie case of this film, following in the footsteps of one of the greatest comedies of all time is a tough act to follow. And for what it's worth, 'Ghostbusters II' isn't actually as bad as some say it is. Most critics feel that it didn't have the same amount of charm, wit, and energy of the…