• Ghostsmut

★½ Rewatched by Ghostsmut 23 Apr, 2014

It's with a heavy heart that I return to you now with the simple fact that Ghostbusters II is not a good film. I know in your heart of hearts you know it's true but the mists of time may have clouded this from you.

I think I always gave this a large amount of leeway considering how much I loved the original and it's only today I can finally say that the film is La Poop.

The original Ghostbusters…

• DinosK

★★★ Watched by DinosK 18 Apr, 2014

I really liked maybe more from the first but maaan this movie had lame-ass white man's hip-hop that would make Snoop Dog quit.This is the only thing I didn't like.

• Sean Uyeoka

★★★½ Rewatched by Sean Uyeoka 21 Apr, 2014

Underrated sequel with some fun set-pieces.

• Carolinanz

★★★ Added by Carolinanz

"Suck in the guts, guys, we're the Ghostbusters"

• Jim

★½ Rewatched by Jim 20 Apr, 2014

Meh, well at least that courtroom scene is pretty hilarious.

"Give me a break, huh, we're both lawyers"

• BIC| The Dirty Deacon

★★★½ Rewatched by BIC| The Dirty Deacon 19 Apr, 2014

Not quite as effective as a film or comedy as its predecessor but still maintains a decent amount of the humor and quirkiness of the first film. Reitman and cast return and deliver more effects maybe at the expense of storyline. Murray's wry humor ultimately saves the film in just about every way. The whole New York City/patriotic love fest at the end was a little much in my opinion, but that is probably more my bias against patriotism in general. Still a fun film and of better quality than most sequels.

• Byron O'Hare

★★★ Watched by Byron O'Hare 17 Apr, 2014

Inferior to the original, but a pretty good sequel. Bill Murray delivers some funny lines, including exchanges with the late great Harold Ramis.

• Bernt Månsson

★★★½ Rewatched by Bernt Månsson 18 Apr, 2014

It's been a long Time, and I am still waiting for Ghostbusters III.
    While I am waiting, this came my way again on TV.
    You know the story already. Don't miss the fantastic voice of Max von Sydow.

• Bisma Khan

★★★ Watched by Bisma Khan 16 Apr, 2014

I feel as though this film is an imitation of the first. It has its moments, having said that, stick to the first. Always.

• Gex

★★★½ Watched by Gex 15 Apr, 2014

I think it's pretty entertaining. It's been a while since I've seen either film, and wanted to see the sequel before the original, mostly because an online reviewer got my curiosity up for this movie, but also because of its reputation of not being as good as the first one.

Well, I'd say it's a solid enough film on its own. Slime stuff reminded me of the Blob, and made a few moments a bit creepy. The film did well…

• Chevalier

★★★ Added by Chevalier

Not as good as the original, is just that the original left the bar so high.

• Ruby

★★ Watched by Ruby 11 Apr, 2014

extremely safe sequel just doing the exact same thing again scene by scene and its obvious bill murray doesnt want to be there