• time4film

★★★★ Added by time4film

This one was panned compared with the first movie, but was still extremely entertaining. Many people give it hate, including Murray who reprised his role as Peter Venkman. Still, this movie is one that i love and cherish.

• Carole

★★★½ Watched by Carole 28 Nov, 2015

Too close from the first one in terms of narrative without all the magic that come with it, but still fun with a great dynamic - the power of great characters and an inspired concept.

• johnholmes

★★★ Watched by johnholmes 28 Nov, 2015

Früher dacht ich immer, dass der doch genauso gut ist wie der erste, aber oh mann der wirkt wie einer der Filme wo keiner einen Plan hatte so richtig und man trotzdem des Geldes wegen alle ranholt.
    Der hat storytechnisch null Charme, die Dialoge sind lang nicht mehr so witzig und auf den Punkt und Gott dieser ganze Schleimscheiß!!!
    Was bleibt sind die Ghostbusters die von Hause aus super sind weil man mit aufgewachsen ist und ein paar wenige lustige Stellen die noch funktionieren....sehr schade.
    Ich spiel jetzt mal das Spiel, welches ja offiziell Teil 3 sein soll.

• Dave

★★★½ Rewatched by Dave 31 Oct, 2015

The discovery of a massive river of ectoplasm and a resurgence of spectral activity allows the staff of Ghostbusters to revive the business. - IMDB

When I think about it, Ghostbusters II is pretty much Ghostbusters but wrapped in a different package. Guess you could say that about a ton of sequels. Especially for highly successful films.

Here we have yet another film from the 80's that I distinctly remember seeing as a young child. So that brings in the…

• Henry Chivers

★★★½ Rewatched by Henry Chivers 24 Nov, 2015

Not as good as the first but very close. The story, cast, effects and music are all good. A bit self-knowing...they sing their own theme song at one point. Mostly light but for some dark moments. Good highlights are the river of slime and the heads on spikes. All in all a good follow up from the first.

• Bryan Zillig

★★★★★ Added by Bryan Zillig

I remember seeing this in theaters with the biggest smile on my face. I do NOT understand why people hate this movie.

• Richard Lawrence

★★★ Watched by Richard Lawrence 16 Nov, 2015

With Rob and Simon

• Richard Trapp

★★★★ Rewatched by Richard Trapp 15 Nov, 2015 1

"Everything you are doing is bad. I want you to know this."

• Wes Ball

★★★★ Rewatched by Wes Ball 14 Nov, 2015 5

Someone get me the Ghostbusters!

This movie is amazing.

It manages to be a sequel to one of the most successful classic 80's comedies and not spectacularly fail. It's actually funny, and fun to watch. Sure, there's some moments that felt pretty cheap or out of place, but let's be real: you can't really expect a sequel to live up to the original, let alone be good on its own. But Ghostbusters II does just that, because it's a…

• Chris Vallée

★★★ Watched by Chris Vallée 12 Nov, 2015

I've never been a fan of sequels that pick up from a point where the story needs to be re-established. In a way I feel that it diminishes the happy ending of the previous film somewhat when you find out that the couple didn't end up together and the business has gone under. And although it was still a pretty entertaining film overall, it doesn't quite recapture the magic of the first film.

• andmarsh

★★★½ Watched by andmarsh 08 Nov, 2015

Slime isn't quite the same as ghosts. And nor is the Statue of Liberty the Marshmallow Man.

But other than that, classic Ghostbusters.

• Matt Greene

★★ Rewatched by Matt Greene 21 Oct, 2015

A wiseman named Dr. Ian Malcolm once said, “They were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they never stopped to think if they should.” He was, of course, talking about the creation of dinosaurs, but it fits when talking about the uninspired sequel to the fantastic Ghostbusters. While it’s not without its moments of humor and cool ghosts, the lazy and rushed-feeling to the story and many of the jokes make this blatant retread a sad misfire.