• Greg Jones

★★★★ Rewatched by Greg Jones 25 Oct, 2014

Carving pumpkins with the wife-to-be and threw on a childhood favorite.

• Artpig

★★½ Added by Artpig

Die hard Ghostbusters fan. In my Top 5 favorite movies. That being said, it's sequel is very underwhelming, annoying at times and has very few laughs and inspired moments, which the first one had a plenty. Besides a cool Statue of Liberty scene, this film is just very mediocre.

• SleepyTuna

★★½ Watched by SleepyTuna 21 Aug, 2014

Some laughs but not nearly as charming as the first one.

• Matt F.

★★★ Rewatched by Matt F. 23 Oct, 2014

I watched this with the RedLetterMedia commentary track and that gave me a lot of inside info on the king of disappointing sequals. Where does Winston go in the courtroom scene? Why does Bill Murray only wear the Ghostbuster jump suit only once in the film? Why is there no official Ghostbuster 2 commentary track? These questions have no answers but it's fun to discuss the possible answers.

• Chris Drake

★★½ Added by Chris Drake

It's funny to see the same concepts used around the same time frame in both the Ghostbusters and the Evil Dead franchise; one of those films understood why its audience liked it—Ghostbusters did not.

• Miles Powell

★★★ Added by Miles Powell

Well... not a steep drop from the first one. It's a bit slight, and the "negative energy" plot points can be hokey. If it weren't for the cast having fun (bored Bill Murray aside), this would be pretty terrible.

• Jordan Barrett

★★½ Rewatched by Jordan Barrett 20 Oct, 2014 2

The jokes are a plenty and the characters still rich but it falls flat a little. It's maybe something to do with aiming at a slightly younger audience, I'm not sure. Too much slime, not enough Ghostbusters.

• OtisPGrumble

★★★ Rewatched by OtisPGrumble 18 Oct, 2014

It's funny, people have always slagged this film off but I always remember liking it.
    I watched it on a double bill with the first and the comparison doesn't help it at all.
    I still really like it but I think that's more to do with the love and affection I have for the characters, so seeing them again is always welcome.

• Noah Villaverde

★★★ Rewatched by Noah Villaverde 18 Oct, 2014

Suffers from following the "Electric Boogaloo" formula of making sequels and also has significantly weaker pacing than its predecessor, but "Ghostbusters II" is still worth a watch just to see the cast onscreen together again.

• Josh Browning

★★★★ Rewatched by Josh Browning 17 Oct, 2014

It loses its way in the last act a bit but I think it is still very watchable.

• JulieC

★★★ Rewatched by JulieC 17 Oct, 2014

The Mayor: Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right.

• Luke Grima

★★★ Rewatched by Luke Grima 15 Oct, 2014

‪#‎31NightsOfHorror‬ - DAY 15

4K blu-ray, again, looks great.