• beckmaka

★★★★½ Added by beckmaka

Equally good

• Scott Kaczynski

★★½ Rewatched by Scott Kaczynski 18 May, 2015

Maybe I was just having a bad day, or I woke up on the wrong side of the bed, but I did not have a good time re-watching this movie. I have always been a defender of Ghostbusters 2, but this time, all I saw were the flaws.

Bill is Bill, and it's definitely the best part of the movie. His scenes with baby Oscar are great! Everything else falls short. I will say I do prefer the Bobby Brown…

• Notsoboo

★★½ Rewatched by Notsoboo 05 Feb, 2015

This was the first Ghostbusters movie I saw, and I remember loving it as a kid (also, the VHS copy we rented was letterbox'd, which confused me until I learned about film ratios). Over the years I have waffled on how successful this movie was as a sequel, but having watched it back-to-back with the superior original, I actually don't think it's as bad as I remembered. Sure, it's not as funny, the story is a little all over the place, and the pacing lags at times, but it's still fun and there are some solid one-liners.

• James Clark

★★★★★ Watched by James Clark 04 May, 2015

Five years after battling Gozer, the team return to save New York City from another supernatural threat.

The sequel to the classic Ghostbusters and the result does have it's problems. The story is again incredibly well written and moves along at a great speed and has plenty of laughs, but it just seems to be lacking that certain magic that made it's predecessor such a classic. The direction and production all balance themselves out again, but the lacklustre soundtrack does…

• Princess Leia

Watched by Princess Leia 02 May, 2015 2

OH MAN... Why did I watch this piece of lousy garbage...? just, why?
    I prefer the first Ghostbusters, but at this rate... I found ''Ghostbusters 2'' much worst than ''Bill and Ted.'' Of course, we know Bill Murray is a nut as usually, but JUST LIKE THAT!!! Bill Murray kind of ruined himself just in that disgusting science blinding ''Osmosis Jones'' movie.

You know what they ''the Devil's in the details'' like... WHO WAS THE BONEHEAD WHO DECIDED TO MAKE…

• The Movie King

★½ Watched by The Movie King 02 May, 2015 6

Film #4 of The Movie King's Scavenger Hunt Challenge
    Task #5: A film with a number in the title

The Movie King has a fun story to tell to the Letterboxd community regarding Ghostbusters 2. I was so excited to watch the film representing Task #4 (The Godfather after so many years of being on my radar), but the rest of my family who wanted a family movie night was disinterested. Seriously, a movie so many people regard as one…

• Lucas Marmol

★★½ Watched by Lucas Marmol 29 Apr, 2015

occasionally funny, impressive effects and better shot than its predecessor. Less boring than the first. The music stands out for being really bad and it didn't fit one single scene.

• Brett Leach

★★ Rewatched by Brett Leach 26 Apr, 2015

Not good, but it has moments. The Blu-Ray looks fantastic.

• DollarStoreFilm

★★★½ Added by DollarStoreFilm

Decent and fun. Bustin' always makes us feel good.

Cons:

*Once again NYC is the center of a paranormal apocalyptic scenario (a stale idea ripped from the original).

*Waiting too long to make the movie. Director Ivan Reitman says Ghostbusters 2 should have been released a few years earlier.

Pros:

*BILL MURRAY
    BILL MURRAY
    BILL MURRAY

*Some good 80's CGI and practical effects (Lady Liberty)

*Nerdy Louis hooking up with the bookish Janine. ;)

*It's not 'Twins'.

• Blaine McGaffigan

★★★ Rewatched by Blaine McGaffigan 23 Apr, 2015

Ghostbusters II is a carbon copy of the first film. While it has all of the elements that make the first one great, it's fear to tread new ground is what holds it back.

The cast is having fun being back together, and there are some great Bill Murray lines.

I was rolling my eyes when they bend over backwards to recreate the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man scene.

Not bad, but not iconic.

• JohnAllegretti

Added by JohnAllegretti

Blu-Ray

• syxxpac

★★★★ Added by syxxpac

The aroma of the studio's nefarious commercial agenda is a bit more pungent this time around, so it's to be expected that this would be more of a repetition on the first film's winning formula. And in that regard, all expectations are met. But it's still a fun ride with another scene-stealing Bill Murray performance and a well-written, gag-filled Ramis/Aykroyd screenplay letting him go all kinds of nuts as only he can. Nice to see old favorites like Rick Moranis's terminally geeky accountant Lewis Tully and his frequent ectoplasmic nemesis Slimer getting more screen time, as well.