• djvilleza

★★★½ Watched by djvilleza 30 Jun, 2013

Another film we watched in school. Kinda liked this better than Patch Adams, pacing-wise, although found wanting at the end.

• Felipe Vieira

★★★½ Watched by Felipe Vieira 13 Jul, 2016

Mãos Talentosas, título em português BR, é um bom filme. Conta desde a infância e até os momentos de reconhecimento do doutor Benjamin Carson. O filme mostra o esforço que Carson teve desde pequeno para aprender as coisas e as dificuldades que o mesmo enfrentou. No entanto, se ele não tivesse tido oportunidades, com certeza, a história teria sido diferente.

• William Gray

★★★ Watched by William Gray 11 Mar, 2016

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOD.

So good. SO GOOD.

This movie is even weirder than you can imagine. As I post this diary entry, I realize that Ben Carson's time in the election spotlight has already gone, but you need to know... that scene? You know, the baffling event from his life that actually made him the FRONTRUNNER FOR THE GOP NOMINATION?

It's in here. And it's beautiful.

Also a scene where he hallucinates about a blue mouse and a guy on…

• TatianeRocha

★★★★★ Watched by TatianeRocha 19 Mar, 2016

With Ro.

• alsiqueira2001

★★★★★ Watched by alsiqueira2001 07 Feb, 2016

Filme de 2009, feito para TV... Concorreu ao Emmy na época... Daquelas surpresas que estão escondidas no Netflix... Uma grande história, um grande personagem!!!
    Esse cara merece ser presidente dos EUA!!!!

• CharlieMcCrary

★★★★ Watched by CharlieMcCrary 19 Jan, 2016

Pretty much all the main characters were likely and easy to engage with. I actually enjoyed this movie more than I thought I would.

• whiteisland001

★★★ Watched by whiteisland001 15 Jan, 2016

Otherwise known as the movie in which Ben Carson appears to be and idiot, gets smart, and then attempts to murder his mother and friend. . Instead he channelled his stabby-stab rage (by the grace of Jesus) into operating on babies brains. Now he wants to be president and just seems like an idiot again but at least he wrote a book and has a movie documenting his (and by "his," I mean his mother's) inspirational triumph over adversity.

• Brian Whitman

★★ Watched by Brian Whitman 01 Jan, 2016

Before he decided to take his turn into politics, Ben Carson's story is impressive but maybe not all that interesting. Add in the fact that Cuba Gooding Jr. gives a pretty strong impression of the laconic calm personality means that this isn't really an interesting movie.

• Gabriel Camillozzi

★★★½ Added by Gabriel Camillozzi

Uma historia dramatica de superação que faz o basico da cimatografia. Não há muita tecnica aqui, mas o roteiro dramatico puxa muito para cima o resultado final.

• Deb Vertnik

★★½ Watched by Deb Vertnik 07 Nov, 2015

Interesting bio, but there's still NO way I'm going to vote for him!

• kathytreece

★★★★ Watched by kathytreece 16 Oct, 2015

This film gave me a greater respect and knowledge of Ben Carson, the presidential candidate. I like this film, and most biographical films.

• micah1984

★★ Watched by micah1984 09 Oct, 2015

Not gonna lie, as much as I love Ben Carson and his inspirational story, this movie was pretty awful. It had all the classic TV movie corny music and an embarrassingly bad screenplay. The acting, even Cuba Gooding Jr.'s, was poor. But not like bad movie poor. It was like what you'd get if you took Mary Kate and Ashley and asked them to make an inspiring movie. It was rough. If you see the trailer or feel the need to watch the movie, do what Ben Carson's mom told him to do as a kid—read the book.