• Mark Harrison

★★★★ Watched by Mark Harrison 29 Mar, 2015

It was only when I came to log this that I remembered why the name Todd Gaines sounded so familiar...

Like a Tarantino film by the way of Linklater, this is basically like a teen movie version of Pulp Fiction, with William Fichtner standing in for Christopher Walken as he so often does.

It's funny, off-kilter and surprisingly engrossing in its third act, even when the plot has been foreshadowed in full- that says something about how well the characters work, I reckon.

• Cactus Matt

★★★½ Added by Cactus Matt

Watchable and cool with a sizzling script and smart direction, the film has unfortunately aged considerably and doesn’t hold up well to repeat viewings.

• Dermot Arnold

★★★★½ Rewatched by Dermot Arnold 21 Mar, 2015

I think this film was made to get cult status rather than make a quick nineties buck. I think it did the latter better than the former and didn't sell the soundtracks it wanted.

Either way, great movie, done well, music great.

Watched over the twentieth and thirtieth

• CureTap

★★★★ Added by CureTap

Go plays like Pulp Fiction adapted for a Southern California high school audience, and that comes with everything that you'd expect from it.

The story is told out of order, a popular structure in the wake that Tarantino left behind him in 1994, and it concerns three different but intertwining stories, surrounding a drug deal and the people connected to it. It's fast, it's funny, and it tries very hard to capture the rich dialogue that Tarantino is known for.…

• Daryl

★★★ Watched by Daryl 06 Mar, 2015

Go was a film I could switch my brain off to and just enjoy the ride. Good story, good cast.

• mrkristopher

★★★★ Rewatched by mrkristopher 01 Mar, 2015 1

I've seen this way too many times now probably, but I'm happy to say it still holds up.

• Alexander Heff

★★★★ Added by Alexander Heff

Go! tells the story of the events after a drug deal, told from three different points of view.

I've not seen this since I was a teen, I remember having it on VHS and I used to watch it on a weekly basis. All of these years later and I really happy to say that still had so much fun with it! It's a really fun movie and I was showered with nostalgic wonders while viewing it on Netflix on a lazy Saturday afternoon.

'Steal My Sunshine' by Len, FUCKING TUNE MATE!!!!

Surprising, playful and just really fucking entertaining.

• Aubtin Heydari

★★★★ Watched by Aubtin Heydari 25 Feb, 2015

A post-Pulp Fiction offspring that is at its best when it isn't trying to be Pulp Fiction. The dialogue tries to capture the wit, profundity and sensibility of Tarantino's irreverent, off-kilter and off-topic banter but it lacks all the traits that made Tarantino's asides so engaging. With that said, Go is a very entertaining film in its own right. it plays the stakes high, manages to create and sustain compelling characters, and is visually splendid. the performances range from the…

• Milez Das

★★★★ Watched by Milez Das 04 Feb, 2015 5

Mannie : You know Simon's in Vegas?
    Ronna : I don't need Simon. I'm going to Todd.
    Mannie : Todd Gaines?
    Claire : Who's Todd Gaines?
    Mannie : That's Simon's dealer.

This review is for my Brother Todd Gaines

I heard a while back from Brother's Todd's review that this movie has a character named Todd Gaines, I was excited to watch it since I read that. Also on the plus side it is directed by Doug Liman, one of…

• Ryan Narc

★★★★ Watched by Ryan Narc 02 Feb, 2015 1

Decided to check this out mainly because of Letterboxd's own legendary Todd Gaines. Glad I did. Go is a lot of fun, with a great cast (wasn't expecting to see Melissa McCarthy show up for about a minute there) and some pretty funny shit throughout. And, what a shocker, Timothy Olyphant - as the film-version of 'Todd Gaines' - was one of my favorite parts of the movie. Check this out for a fast-paced good time.

• Reego

★★★ Added by Reego

A great cast thats for sure, and not too far off from the mishaps of drug dealing and going to a rave. This film reminds me a bit of a young cousin of pulp fiction, adding stories that creates one big clusterfuck, probably Katie Holmes finest performances (that's not saying much) Sarah Polley is great and fits the role perfectly imo.

• Fran Parera

★★½ Watched by Fran Parera 30 Jan, 2015

Doug Liman y los 90 no logran salvar un guión bastardo de Tarantino con vocabulario de 100 palabras y los giros más aburridos.