• jmrebollo

Watched by jmrebollo 12 Apr, 2014

Me lo he buscado.

• Michael Stephens

★★★ Added by Michael Stephens

I watched when I was young and I don't see why people hated properly because they where comparing it to the original which will never help you like it, because everyone knows the originals are always the best.

• fira

★★ Watched by fira 10 Apr, 2014

Well I'm glad GODZILLA (2014) is not a remake of this one.

• J. Crawford

★★★½ Rewatched by J. Crawford 09 Apr, 2014

I watched this today listening to the SPFX commentary track. Emmerich was ambitious with this thing.

• Eugene McCrann

Added by Eugene McCrann

A bad film.

• J. Crawford

★★★½ Watched by J. Crawford 23 May, 1998

I am a Godzilla fan since I was a boy when my Dad took me to see the original film in an early 60's re-release. I took my son[12] and daughter[10] to see this version after they had seen many Toho Godzilla film as young children. The eggs in MSG blew their minds.

• shuizmz

½ Rewatched by shuizmz 02 Apr, 2014

As a fan of all the Godzilla films, this Roland Emmerich abomination is a giant turdburger.

• Rick Bman

★★ Rewatched by Rick Bman 19 Mar, 2014

I don't think this was as bad as I remembered but it was still pretty bad. The CGI was really just terrible, and it shouldn't have been. This is 5 years after Jurassic Park, CGI should be moving forward not backward. Matthew Broderick was really phoning in his performance, I think he may have been reading off cue cards.

While there are a couple exciting action pieces, overall the movie is kind of boring. I think that comes down to…

• Matt

★★½ Rewatched by Matt 12 Mar, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• KronikL

★★ Rewatched by KronikL 05 Mar, 2014

Okay, where do I begin.

I don't completely dislike this movie, and I will watch it every time it is on, but "Godzilla in name only" is how I would describe it.

The effects are not bad. The story is weak, and done in true Devlin & Emmerich style. Think of a Michael Bay movie, with less hot chicks, and a lot more over the top cheesy drama.

The monster is actually appealing, and gets you to root for him, but…

• Zack Worent