• Sylvani

★★ Rewatched by Sylvani 01 Apr, 2015

Rifftrax was smart to riff this after the latest US G-effort. Still found bits of the non-riffed original to enjoy even, albeit support casting of Reno, Azaria and Shearer.

• RonnieGardocki

Rewatched by RonnieGardocki 06 Apr, 2015

This is available on NetFlix now why exactly? I do respect that sometime tried to make an action movie in 1998 with Matthew Broderick, a man who's most notable action scene was killing two people with Jennifer Grey.

• Matthew Bailey

½ Added by Matthew Bailey

One of the few movies I have watched and quite literally been conscious of the brain cells I was losing sitting through it.

I lost at least 10 IQ points during this movie. I still kept enough, to know to never watch this travesty ever again.

• Austin Devine

★½ Added by Austin Devine

This movie takes two steaming dumps all over a great movie monster by ruining Godzilla's design and lacking anything that make the Godzilla movies fun with shitty dialogue bad acting and a total lack of plot

• Samuel Márquez Rosado

★★★ Rewatched by Samuel Márquez Rosado 25 Feb, 2015

Creo a lo largo de estos años la versión de Emmerich del clásico monstruo de la Toho ha sido muy criticada de forma algo injusta. Sí, es cierto que tiene muchísimos fallos tanto en lo técnico como en el guión, pero deja de ser una película muy entretenida que intenta tomar su propia entidad a pesar de venir de un material que tenía más de 40 años de tradición.

Yo hablaría más de decisiones erróneas, al menos en cuestión de…

• The Complete Stranger Cometh

★★★★★ Added by The Complete Stranger Cometh

get use to this cause I'll be saying stuff like this throughout my reviews. but this movie is underrated and misunderstood. it captures a pre y2k feel and perhaps one of the best actors in the world.

• Michael Thompson

★★★ Rewatched by Michael Thompson 29 Dec, 2014

So, like, I know that as a Godzilla fan I'm supposed to hate this or what ever, but aside from being a little too long it was a really fucking good time. Since it's a new, different version made by a different company for a different audience, I really have no problem with the way Godzilla looks. Even though he is just a stupid animal instead of some relentless force of nature or what ever, it's interesting to see him…

• Michał Sterzycki

★½ Rewatched by Michał Sterzycki 21 Feb, 2015

Why did I watch this?

• _ThiagoOliveira

★★★ Added by _ThiagoOliveira

Good

View

• deadmanramsey

★★ Added by deadmanramsey

43/100

• Caleb McCandless

★★★ Watched by Caleb McCandless 21 Jan, 2015

A truly bad film, this 1998 Godzilla remake isn't even a real Godzilla film. Not only is this monster nothing like the Godzilla we know and love, but the film also decides turns into a Jurassic Park clone about two-thirds of the way in. Emmerich successfully apes Spielberg's open-mouthed awe occasionally (an early set piece on a pier is a fun - if cheap - thrill), but more often than not the film slips into the bland kind of mediocrity…

• Arie

★★ Rewatched by Arie 18 Jan, 2015

Watched the godzilla movie of 1998. This was on tv today. Saw that movie a lot when i was younger. And i thought it was great that time :)

Now i saw it, and i really didn't like it anymore. The Computer Effects are terrible, the acting wasn't good either. And the story line could be better....lol

I wanted to buy this, not so long ago. But i'm not gonna buy this version anymore. I liked the 2014 a lot better.