• Garrett Irwin

★½ Added by Garrett Irwin

Roland Emmerich's follow-up to "Independence Day" suggest that not only did he leave his standards back in Stuttgart, but he also watched "Jurassic Park" too many times. This film is lifeless, carelessly assembled, poorly cast (why is Matthew Broderick in the film?), and full of cheesy digital nonsense that doesn't even resemble the Kaiju for which it is named after. And the worst part is, this kind of material was actually suited for Emmerich!! No wonder Toho took the real Gojira out of retirement in 1999.

• Josh Andrews

★★★½ Added by Josh Andrews

Shut up, I like it.

• Parker Smykle

½ Rewatched by Parker Smykle 23 Oct, 2015

Overall rating 1/10 (F)

• Trevon Reid

★★★ Rewatched by Trevon Reid 12 Oct, 2015

What happens when you take "Aliens","Jurassic Park" (or "The Lost World"), and a little bit of "Independence Day"?. While that combination of movies sounds awesome, what you get is the 1998 disappointment known as "Godzilla" (or "Zilla" if you're a Godzilla fanatic). So the point is why the hell did I give this movie 3 stars. *sigh* This movie is a HUGE guilty pleasure for me. Yes, the acting in this movie (despite Jean Reno) is awful. Yes, Godzilla in…

• Ryan Walter Blair

★★★ Rewatched by Ryan Walter Blair 11 Oct, 2015

It works if you view it as a standalone Zilla film and forget it's supposed to be a Godzilla reboot.

• Tobias

★½ Watched by Tobias 05 Oct, 2015

Schade das mein kleiner Film-Blog ist so einem Mist starten muss. Der Film ist total chaotisch und ich war nacht gefühlten 500 Kämpfen gegen dieses Monster froh das der Film zu Ende war.

Noch kurz zum Monstrum selbst, es ist einfach nur schlecht. Mit den Animationen kann man sich ja noch abfinden, aber es sieht einfach sowas von gar nicht wie das eigentliche Godzilla-Monster aus. Vielleicht könnte es ein T-Rex sein aber nicht Godzilla.

Das einzige was einigermassen gut ist sind die Effekte, Sound und Jean Reno.

• randomahjussi

½ Rewatched by randomahjussi 27 Sep, 2015

Basura infecta que no sirve ni como copia Asylum de Parque Jurásico. Compras los derechos para rodar un Godzilla en la que le atraes con un cebo de pescado y pone huevos como una gallina. Y encima con Matthew Broderick y Hank Azaria. HANK AZARIA.

• Ainhoa

★★★★½ Added by Ainhoa

• Otiz

★★★★ Added by Otiz

I think this is a Guilty Pleasure :D.

I watched this movie in cinema in ~1998, when I was 8 years old and I was really impressed. I loved the effects, the score (eg intro), the atmosphere and the creature design.

I don't know if I would also like this movie that much, if I saw it nowadays for the first time. Anyway, I have to admit, I am actually not a fan of the original Godzilla movies.

Hate me...

• Sam Preston

★½ Rewatched by Sam Preston 25 May, 2015

Directed by Roland Emmerich.

Written by Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin.

Cast includes Matthew Broderick, Maria Pitillo, Hank Azaria, Kevin Dunn, Jean Reno.

Released in 1998, an American Monster Science Fiction with a running time of 139 minutes and a 12 rating.

Last year, the newest rendition of the American attempt at Godzilla was released, and was a success both critically and commercially. Now, whilst there were elements that were flawed (Brody is a weaker protagonist than Bryan Cranston,…

• bjarvis

★★ Rewatched by bjarvis 10 Sep, 2015

Was never really hard on this film. Yes, it got a bad reputation but I always enjoyed it for what it was, plus I'm a big fan of Broderick.

However, every time I watch this, I like it a little less and less. The graphics look worse and the story is cringeworthy. It's just a product of its time as well.

• Branden

★★ Rewatched by Branden 15 Jun, 2015

I want to enjoy it, but it just isn't a good movie.