• Tobias

★½ Watched by Tobias 05 Oct, 2015

Schade das mein kleiner Film-Blog ist so einem Mist starten muss. Der Film ist total chaotisch und ich war nacht gefühlten 500 Kämpfen gegen dieses Monster froh das der Film zu Ende war.

Noch kurz zum Monstrum selbst, es ist einfach nur schlecht. Mit den Animationen kann man sich ja noch abfinden, aber es sieht einfach sowas von gar nicht wie das eigentliche Godzilla-Monster aus. Vielleicht könnte es ein T-Rex sein aber nicht Godzilla.

Das einzige was einigermassen gut ist sind die Effekte, Sound und Jean Reno.

• randomahjussi

½ Rewatched by randomahjussi 27 Sep, 2015

Basura infecta que no sirve ni como copia Asylum de Parque Jurásico. Compras los derechos para rodar un Godzilla en la que le atraes con un cebo de pescado y pone huevos como una gallina. Y encima con Matthew Broderick y Hank Azaria. HANK AZARIA.

• Ainhoa

★★★★½ Added by Ainhoa

• Otiz

★★★★ Added by Otiz

I think this is a Guilty Pleasure :D.

I watched this movie in cinema in ~1998, when I was 8 years old and I was really impressed. I loved the effects, the score (eg intro), the atmosphere and the creature design.

I don't know if I would also like this movie that much, if I saw it nowadays for the first time. Anyway, I have to admit, I am actually not a fan of the original Godzilla movies.

Hate me...

• Sam Preston

★½ Rewatched by Sam Preston 25 May, 2015

Directed by Roland Emmerich.

Written by Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin.

Cast includes Matthew Broderick, Maria Pitillo, Hank Azaria, Kevin Dunn, Jean Reno.

Released in 1998, an American Monster Science Fiction with a running time of 139 minutes and a 12 rating.

Last year, the newest rendition of the American attempt at Godzilla was released, and was a success both critically and commercially. Now, whilst there were elements that were flawed (Brody is a weaker protagonist than Bryan Cranston,…

• bjarvis

★★ Rewatched by bjarvis 10 Sep, 2015

Was never really hard on this film. Yes, it got a bad reputation but I always enjoyed it for what it was, plus I'm a big fan of Broderick.

However, every time I watch this, I like it a little less and less. The graphics look worse and the story is cringeworthy. It's just a product of its time as well.

• Branden

★★ Rewatched by Branden 15 Jun, 2015

I want to enjoy it, but it just isn't a good movie.

• Josh Darby

½ Rewatched by Josh Darby 31 Aug, 2015

Film #30 of the "Scavenger Hunt August 2015" Challenge
    Task #10 A Godzilla Movie.
    My list: letterboxd.com/darbyact/list/scavenger-hunt-aug-2015-edition/
    Original List: letterboxd.com/jesushmacy/list/scavenger-hunt-august-2015-blackjack-and/

This is bad. There's no two around it. 1998's Godzilla is one of the worst films ever made. It's hard to watch. It's plot is nonsensical. It's the definition of Wikipedia Science and it features some of the worst shots and dialogue of all time.

But. But. It has Matthew Broderick and Jean Reno and Hank Azaria and they are…

• Joyce Heinen

★★ Rewatched by Joyce Heinen 30 Aug, 2015

Film # 25 of the "Scavenger Hunt #5" Challenge
    Task # 10: A Godzilla film
    letterboxd.com/joyceheinen/list/scavenger-hunt-august-2015/ ___________________________________________________________________
    Another monster movie, starring the mighty Godzilla. This time Ronald Emmerich takes on the directing job.

Leading actor Matthew Broderick doesn’t know what to do with his character. He fails in the buildup of the tension and he even manages to let the romantic subplot fail. Jean Reno on the other hand, is funny and he does show what he is capable of.…

• robthefilmgeek

Added by robthefilmgeek

Seeing this in cinema on original release just left me with so much crushing disappointment.

• Daisy Victoria Edwards

★★★ Watched by Daisy Victoria Edwards 19 Aug, 2015

Film #15 of the "Scavenger Hunt #5" Challenge.
    Task #10: A Godzilla movie.

Classic, fun, 90s action blockbuster. Nothing outstanding. Some much needed comedy relief dotted throughout the action sequences that held onto the last thread of my attention. Matthew Broderick is a cutie. The other characters are forgettable.

• Conan Tan

★★½ Watched by Conan Tan 07 Feb, 2015

Not. enough. Godzilla. In terms of presence and the height. Not that much different from the other American disaster movies made.