• Evan

★½ Watched by Evan 23 Jul, 2014 1

T-Rex or Godzilla? Jurassic Park or Godzilla? Hmmm.

• superactionbros

Added by superactionbros

This week the Super Action Bros and special guest Chewie rampage through 1998’s Godzilla.

Direct Download: traffic.libsyn.com/superactionbros/Episode_10__Godzilla_1998.m4a
    iTunes: itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/super-action-bros./id841096337?mt=2
    RSS: feed://feeds.feedburner.com/SuperActionBros?format=xml

• billdresh

½ Watched by billdresh 19 Jul, 2014

Calling this a Godzilla film is offensive. There is no value in this movie at all. Awful.

• AJ Wiley

½ Watched by AJ Wiley 07 May, 2014

Part of Will & AJ's Excellent LOLviewings

Oh wow, this is bad. See, I knew it was bad, but I didn't know it was this bad. When I was eight years old, I apparently couldn't ascertain a lick of difference between Emmerich's giant lizard escapades and Spielberg's, placing both on the same pedestal. By the time high school rolled around, I had realized the error of my ways, but the me of today still wasn't prepared for just what a huge…

• Viktor Prentovski

★★★ Rewatched by Viktor Prentovski 07 Jul, 2014 1

Godzilla is an average monster blockbuster. It's entertaining, but it lacks a good story and the characters are bland for the most part. I really LOVED the mayor of New York and his assistant in this movie, who were based and named just like the movie critics, Roger Ebert and Gene Siskel. That was the best part of the movie, and when those guys are the best thing in a movie about Godzilla, you got a problem!

• SamRieck

Added by SamRieck

I remember this teaser trailer scaring the shit out of me when I was a little kid. Re-watching the trailer; it's still an exceptional teaser. The movie, however, is horrible on nearly every level.

• Brendan Edwards

★★★★ Rewatched by Brendan Edwards 23 May, 2014

One of the greater films i have seen and have seen several times.

• Adam Koford

½ Rewatched by Adam Koford 26 Jun, 2014

Frank Welker did a great job as the creature voices, but that's Frank Welker. He's great in everything.

• guynova

Added by guynova

gross and bad

• Jack O'Connell

★½ Added by Jack O'Connell

I used to love this movie as a kid. After I while, I would still defend it. Now I realize after seeing Pacific Rim and Godzilla 2024, this is not how you make a Godzilla movie. Garbage. (D)

• bjarvis

★★ Added by bjarvis

A film I thought was always really hard done by. This is a pure summer popcorn film, nothing more. Not intelligent, not logical. Just summer fun.

I rewatched it for the first time in years, and man this film has dated badly. Some of the technology in the film, the look of things, the characters. Its a film that doesn't hold up well.

• Jeffrey Chen

★★ Watched by Jeffrey Chen 14 Jun, 2014

Thoughts on the Roland Emmerich Godzilla:

- This isn't so much Godzilla as it is Jurassic Park. The JP influences are obvious and numerous; meanwhile, there's pretty much nothing related to Godzilla other than a Japanese boat getting attacked at the beginning, and a funny line where Maria Pitillo yells, "It's Gojira, you idiot!" at the TV. Godzilla is basically a way oversized T-Rex-type dinosaur who can breathe fire for only one scene, and his babies stand in for velociraptor-style…