• Austin Devine

★½ Added by Austin Devine

This movie takes two steaming dumps all over a great movie monster by ruining Godzilla's design and lacking anything that make the Godzilla movies fun with shitty dialogue bad acting and a total lack of plot

• Samuel Márquez Rosado

★★★ Rewatched by Samuel Márquez Rosado 25 Feb, 2015

Creo a lo largo de estos años la versión de Emmerich del clásico monstruo de la Toho ha sido muy criticada de forma algo injusta. Sí, es cierto que tiene muchísimos fallos tanto en lo técnico como en el guión, pero deja de ser una película muy entretenida que intenta tomar su propia entidad a pesar de venir de un material que tenía más de 40 años de tradición.

Yo hablaría más de decisiones erróneas, al menos en cuestión de…

• The Complete Stranger Cometh

★★★★★ Added by The Complete Stranger Cometh

get use to this cause I'll be saying stuff like this throughout my reviews. but this movie is underrated and misunderstood. it captures a pre y2k feel and perhaps one of the best actors in the world.

• Michael Thompson

★★★ Rewatched by Michael Thompson 29 Dec, 2014

So, like, I know that as a Godzilla fan I'm supposed to hate this or what ever, but aside from being a little too long it was a really fucking good time. Since it's a new, different version made by a different company for a different audience, I really have no problem with the way Godzilla looks. Even though he is just a stupid animal instead of some relentless force of nature or what ever, it's interesting to see him…

• Michał Sterzycki

★½ Rewatched by Michał Sterzycki 21 Feb, 2015

Why did I watch this?

• _ThiagoOliveira

★★★ Added by _ThiagoOliveira

Good

View

• deadmanramsey

★★ Added by deadmanramsey

43/100

• Caleb McCandless

★★★ Watched by Caleb McCandless 21 Jan, 2015

A truly bad film, this 1998 Godzilla remake isn't even a real Godzilla film. Not only is this monster nothing like the Godzilla we know and love, but the film also decides turns into a Jurassic Park clone about two-thirds of the way in. Emmerich successfully apes Spielberg's open-mouthed awe occasionally (an early set piece on a pier is a fun - if cheap - thrill), but more often than not the film slips into the bland kind of mediocrity…

• Arie

★★ Rewatched by Arie 18 Jan, 2015

Watched the godzilla movie of 1998. This was on tv today. Saw that movie a lot when i was younger. And i thought it was great that time :)

Now i saw it, and i really didn't like it anymore. The Computer Effects are terrible, the acting wasn't good either. And the story line could be better....lol

I wanted to buy this, not so long ago. But i'm not gonna buy this version anymore. I liked the 2014 a lot better.

• jakk

Watched by jakk 18 Jan, 2015

Terrible, just terrible. Why does a TV station show this on a Sunday evening, and why do I watch this to the end? I only saw the first Godzilla movie (as part of my Japanese movies watchlist), which I found pleasing. As a result, I don't have much to work with in terms of comparison, but this was one of the worst action/CGI movies I have ever seen. Boring, loud, predictable, an utter waste of time (that would be me) and money (that would be Hollywood).

• Anxious77

★★½ Watched by Anxious77 11 Jul, 1998

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

This review takes an alternative route at looking at the 1998 anti-classic and flips it on its head.

There's a guiding light of aspiration for anyone back in the 90's (or any era for that matter) that had the balls to take on this material and not only convert it for mainstream audiences expecting "Independence Day" all over again, but also for adapting it as more of a goofy satirical cliche of 90's popcorn entertainment than an actual Godzilla film.…

• Hollywoodheat