• Christopher Haskell

★★★ Rewatched by Christopher Haskell 30 Jun, 2013

Not nearly as bad as it was made out to be, "Godzilla" was just made before its time. Had Roland Emmerich waited until CGI had come along to the point of Peter Jackson's "King Kong", people's interpretation of the film would have been much more accepting. However, the CGI and effects in the film are often hit-or-miss, with the poorly rendered portions completely taking you out of the film in the worst of ways. However, for every few bad sequences,…

• BHCcorp.

Added by BHCcorp.

Here's how the pitch went down for the 2014 "Godzilla:"

Director(after explaining the plot): 'so what do you think?'

Executives: '...I don't know. The last one was a bomb...'

Director: 'it has 100% less Matthew Broderick.'

Executives: 'Do it.'

• Nick

Added by Nick

When I was 8, this movie was amazing.

It's not amazing.

½ Watched by Sam Batistich 20 Apr, 2016

0.6/10

• CigarsOnMars

★★★ Watched by CigarsOnMars 18 Apr, 2016 3

Jeg ved hvad i tænker, hvorfor ville jeg frivilligt sætte mig komfortabelt i sofaen og se en af halvfemsernes mest hadet film? Og hold nu fast, fordi jeg ikke selv synes den er så slem.

Med plothuller som en Schweizisk ost, dårligt skuespil, dårlig instruktion, dårligt manuskript, svingende CGI-effekter og en Amerikanisering der næsten ikke er til at bære, kan jeg godt forstå hvorfor denne film ikke lige var i alles smag.

Men for satan det er god underholdning, og…

• Aron Condorchoa

How this turd is worse than some of the Godzilla movies from the 70s is amazing

• Richard Trapp

★★★★ Rewatched by Richard Trapp 04 Apr, 2016 2

"Wrong floor."

Ho ho, Matthew Broderick, you're such a joker!

This is still, to me, one of Roland Emmerich's most entertaining films. It might be one of his weakest quality-wise, what with the rampant stupidity, dodgy special effects and the general ripping off of Jurassic Park, but I still have too much love for it.

The characters are very thinly constructed, but they're no worse than the ones in the latest Godzilla film; at least these ones have some funny,…

• Nick Coker

½ Watched by Nick Coker 31 Mar, 2016

These are real things that happened in this movie:

Matthew Broderick stopped the hundreds of raptor-sized baby Godzilla's from chasing him by spilling gumballs all over the floor so they would all slip. And they did.

The US military lured the Godzilla monster into their trap by creating a giant pile of fish in Central Park. Twice.

I could go on but I'll just say .5/5 stars.

• Dan

★★½ Rewatched by Dan 24 Mar, 2016

Dr. Niko Tatopoulus: He's not some monster trying to evade you. He's just an animal. If you find what he wants, then he'll come to you.