• Stephen Osborne

★★ Watched by Stephen Osborne 29 Jun, 2015

Throwaway pulp that is one dimensional and predictable with cheesy acting and b-grade special effects. Godzilla who comes to Manhattan for some domestic peace and quiet. Right.

• slacker

★★ Rewatched by slacker 29 Jun, 2015

i swear, geoff ramsey from rooster teeth looks a bit like jean reno.

and this review is definitely unrelated to the movie. #1 reason why i'm a professional critic.

• Brandon Claus

★★★½ Added by Brandon Claus

all i can think about is greenday for some reason.

• MasterPizza

★★★ Rewatched by MasterPizza 27 Jun, 2015

It's fun. Whatever.

• Anthony Iessi

Added by Anthony Iessi

Need's no explanation. It's bad. "That's a lot of fish".

• Justin Hullinger

★★ Watched by Justin Hullinger 25 Jun, 2015

Man, where to begin on this? Broderick's a terrible choice for the lead, a lot of the acting is just awful, the constant "look at the French guys being French" routine is tiresome, and it's raining and dark at all times. It's also distracting to see so many voice actors from The Simpsons, it goes on forever because of a bad structure, and they constantly use a cougar sound effect in explosions at the end.

• SmokingPizza

★★ Added by SmokingPizza

New York is really bad at fighting a giant lizard and better at blowing up their own buildings. Anyways, yeah this isn't the Godzilla we've all come to know and love but it's still a blockbuster of a monster movie. So many things wrong with very little right, if anything the things that are right about it are the typical "cool-monster-action-movie-things" and everything else is crap thrown at the wall. Get me?

• JohnTyler

Added by JohnTyler

Despite the best efforts of its solid cast, Roland Emmerich's Godzilla is nothing short of a trainwreck, neutering and making a mockery out of the original Gojira, with poorly rendered visual effects, boring and underdeveloped characters, wooden dialogue, and shoddy pacing.

• wolverinefactor

★★★½ Rewatched by wolverinefactor 05 Jun, 2015

Via Netflix

Ill admit it, I enjoy this one. Yeah, it isnt classic Zilla but those baby Zillas are awesome. And lets be honest, this is leagues better than that 2014 travesty.

• Stewart Hoffman

Rewatched by Stewart Hoffman 03 Jun, 2015

If I could say one thing in defense of this film, it’s this; it’s not really a Godzilla movie. It’s basically Roland ‘I heart Spielberg’ Emmerich’s homage to Jaws and Jurassic Park. A two-dimensional plot hole riddled knockoff, with a single trick up its sleeve; be bigger. It really should have been called, Big F’n Lizard!

Spielberg gives us water rippling in a tiny cup to let you know a T-Rex is nearby, Roland bounces cars. The now classic line…

• herobrinegrimm

★★★★½ Added by herobrinegrimm

This film used to be my favourite film of all time. A film where a giant lizard/monster roams the city of new york I hope you like watching the movie. By the way this film is made in 1998

• Carl Sandell

★½ Watched by Carl Sandell 27 May, 2015

These Emmerich disasters are frustrating since the characters and scripts are completely neglected in favor of the action. It's especially troublesome when the special effects are this dated. Perhaps neglected is the wrong term, because it seems that the script is actively made to be dumb.

The most obvious weirdness is that there is a bunch of setup of nuclear testing at Mururoa and lizards crawling around there. But then Godzilla turns out to be a T-Rex. It's insulting to…