• David Halberstadt

★½ Rewatched by David Halberstadt 19 Aug, 2014

You know how some movies get better every time you see them? Roland Emmerich's Godzilla gets worse every time I watch it. The CGI looks more terrible, the characters get more annoying, the jokes bomb harder, the running time drags longer, the plot makes less sense... This movie sure was a hell of a lot better when I was twelve.

• Clay Templeton

★½ Rewatched by Clay Templeton 19 Aug, 2014

w/ Rifftrax commentary

• moviereviewninj

★★½ Rewatched by moviereviewninj 19 Aug, 2014

Saw Rifftrax Live encore of this.
    The rifftrax - hysterical
    The movie - hasn't aged well.

• Pyrohemian

Watched by Pyrohemian 25 May, 2014

There isn't a lot to like here, but at least it's pretty easy to forget. Godzilla is probably the best example of terrible CGI from the late 90's and makes a great case for the use of practical effects in modern cinema.

• Neil McCalmont

Watched by Neil McCalmont 19 Aug, 2014

Watched the Rifftrax of this in the theater. If it wasn't for the Rifftrax I think I would have turned it off halfway through. Jesus this movie is torture to watch. Roland Emmerich really hates Roger Ebert. Matthew Broderick is only slightly less boring than Aaron Taylor Johnson. Harry Shearer plays Kent Brockman if he wasn't funny. It never stops raining. This movie has three endings, one the first time Godzilla dies, then when Godzilla's kids die and finally when Godzilla actually dies. This movie should be forgotten.

• JoeMovies

★★ Rewatched by JoeMovies 19 Aug, 2014

8/19/14 - Watched Rifftrax Live show.

• Zarban

★½ Watched by Zarban 19 Aug, 2014 1

Unbelievable terrible. Endlessly, relentlessly, stubbornly terrible. Every plot point; every line of dialog; every casting choice is absolutely awful. The effects are bad; the inside jokes are bad; the romance is bad; simply everything is bad. At times, it seems like a parody of itself.

• Lucas

★★★★ Rewatched by Lucas 14 Aug, 2014

Alright so this wasn't the real Godzilla, this was the Rifftrax version. And it was amazing!! It also makes you look at the new one in a whole different light, it had some great laughs! I've been a fan of the Rifftrax guys since the Mystery Science Theater 3000 days, and this was in great need to have a riff or two!

• Francesco Marioni

Rewatched by Francesco Marioni 09 Aug, 2014

Its worse than I remember, almost completely without merit, Cant believe I spent 2 hours re watching it. Looking forward to the new one as it cant possibly be as bad as this.

• Bryan Clark

½ Rewatched by Bryan Clark 14 Aug, 2014

Granted it was Rifftrax so whether it counts as a proper viewing is questionable, but my god it's awful. Even worse than I remembered it being. Thankfully the jokes eased the pain.

• Gena

Rewatched by Gena 14 Aug, 2014

Via Rifftrax. To paraphrase Nathan Rabin, this movie was very poor.

• Lyndell Clark

★★½ Rewatched by Lyndell Clark 14 Aug, 2014

Saw the RIFFTRAX LIVE of this in theaters. The rifftrax itself was hilarious. I was always able to watch this and get past its dumbness and just enjoy it for the stupidity it is. Seeing this Rifftrax and then the great Godzilla film this year made me see just how dumb and bad this movie really is. I can still shut my brain off and watch it as a time waster but... man is it crappy.