• Lars Sieval

★★★★ Watched by Lars Sieval 17 Apr, 2014 2

Another direct sequel to the original Godzilla but a damn good one! This time it King Ghidorah protecting Tokyo and not Godzilla which was a great twist. Also the destruction, the fights and the monsters. Everything looks great!

Now only 3 left and we are ready for the 2014 Godzilla movie!

• Bryan Colley

★★★★ Added by Bryan Colley

Terrific updating of the Godzilla franchise. It modernizes where it needs it - effects, music, story, pacing - but remains pure retro with the monsters. I wish there was even more destruction, but this movie might be as good as Godzilla gets, and will entertain the kiddies more than the comparably slow-paced sixties films. If you wanna watch Godzilla, start here.

• Travis Wagner

★★★★ Watched by Travis Wagner 13 Apr, 2014

The title alone takes up fifteen minutes of this film.

• Joachim Andersson

★★★★ Rewatched by Joachim Andersson 09 Apr, 2014 2

Part 25 of my "(RE)Watch all Godzillamovies in sequence before the new one is released in may" festival.

Another reboot of the series that goes pretty far off the usual goings on, this time with Godzilla a true monster that shows no remorse, just a massive creature of destruction. The biggest surprise though is having the movie completely rewrite Ghidrah into one of the good guys. And it works! The fights are truly spectacular and it's quite refreshing to get…

• ApeLincoln

★★★ Watched by ApeLincoln 19 Feb, 2014

Entertaining.

• Gex

★★½ Rewatched by Gex 29 Mar, 2014

Meh, it's just ok. I was getting pissed off with Ghidorah continually getting resurrected to fight Godzilla, and irritated at the heartbeat ending. I wasn't digging the storyline all that much either, considering that it rewrote the origins of the monsters for the worse (except for mothra).

But I'll be damned if they didn't make Godzilla a fearsome scary son of a bitch in this film. Props for that, and for making some decent fight scenes, and for letting the…

• Rick Bman

★★★ Watched by Rick Bman 30 Mar, 2014 2

I'm not exactly sure how I feel about this one. Godzilla has been portrayed one of two ways so far, a force of nature destroying Japan or a reluctant hero saving Japan. This seems to be the first time that he actually has malicious intent while destroying the city. There is no sympathy for Godzilla in this one. He is not jut animal doing what animals do. He is an evil giant monsters hell-bent on destroying Japan. The one positive…

• Bryan Clark

★★★★ Rewatched by Bryan Clark 29 Mar, 2014

The Ghidorah suit is a bit on the lame side, but this has hands down the best effects of any Godzilla flick, and I love the Godzilla and Baragon suits. It's also one of the very few more modern flicks to have a really good human story to go along with the top notch monster action.
    I love the bit where the military fires their drill missiles at Godzilla, only to have them bend and break on his hide. The look on the missile squad commander's face as the bombs explode harmlessly and Godzilla turns to glare at them is priceless.

• KronikL

★★★½ Rewatched by KronikL 16 Mar, 2014

I just watched the restored Japanese version of this film, and I have to re-review it. While I still think the story and the suits do little justice to the Godzilla franchise, I must admit these might be THE best effects of any Godzilla movie.

The music is still mostly sub-par, since there are really only two themes. The characters are not annoying, but the acting is pretty bad and they are forgettable. The two stars I gave were a bit harsh.

Like I said, watch it for the effects!

• KronikL

★★ Rewatched by KronikL 09 Mar, 2014

I just can't figure out what all the hype is about!

OK, while most of the millennium films do not have continuity, they really came out of left field with this one.

I will really try not to spoil this... Godzilla, is not Godzilla. Ghidorah is not Ghidorah, etc etc... they created an entirely new creation story that is not consistent with anything previous.

Am I the only one who thinks the suits are terrible? Godzilla looks like he needs…

• NinjaDomoEsq

★★½ Watched by NinjaDomoEsq 10 Mar, 2014

A decent amount of fun from a movie that doesn't make much sense. Once again, it is a bit long, but it also has a ton of monsters that fight and a lot of explosions. Also, I have come to believe that films with Mothra in them may be the best. Godzilla's arch-nemesis isn't bad either.

• James Skosky

★★★★½ Rewatched by James Skosky 15 Sep, 2013

Simply one of the very best Godzilla or Kaiju movies ever made.