• LeoNidas

★★★ Added by LeoNidas

Overall a pretty good Godzilla movie with some good action scene's and lots of explosions( not in the michael bay way). Only do I have little problems with the design of Godzilla himself, his neck looks way to long in my opinion, looks almost like a giraffe. Still a pretty good one.

• Ferox

★★★★ Rewatched by Ferox 06 Jul, 2014

Although it was really nice to see Godzilla as a villain again (complete with shout out head over the hill shot lifted from the original) I take issue with King Ghidorah becoming a pushover good guy that is powered by kaiju fairy dust.

Even though Godzilla has too much of an upper hand in most of the kaiju battles, the action is enjoyable and the human vs. Godzilla battle is pretty worthy.

• Amoebrain

★★★½ Watched by Amoebrain 01 Jul, 2014

Holy fuck, Godzilla is a bad motherfucker in this movie; his nuclear breath is blue again after the two previous Millennium films, the suit is a throwback to the classic black and white designs and he stomps and kills more civilians than in any other entry of the franchise. Mothra and Ghidorah are back too (along with a very resilient Baragon), and they have never looked better, in my opinion. The fights are outstanding and the destruction doesn’t seem to…

• acidpolice

★★★ Added by acidpolice

The catch-22 of all Godzilla movies after the first one: the human parts are boring. But at the same time, nothing but rubber suits running into each other would be boring as well if we didn't have humans to add an emotional connection, and a sense of scale to emphasize the destruction. I think the guys who made this one realized that, and did their best to work around it: the human drama parts are sub-Spielberg treacle, but nevertheless charming,…

• Luigi Allender

★★★★½ Rewatched by Luigi Allender 24 Jun, 2014

This is where the Millennium Era of Godzilla shines the brightest. Taking Godzilla back to his roots at being a symbol of destruction. Godzilla is the villain here with three monster adversaries. There's Baragon, Mothra, and King Ghidorah.

What a monster brawl. Godzilla is the one on the all-out attack. He annihilates everything in his path. You can feel the force and impact from his atomic breath. He also looks so incredibly evil here. Resembling more of the classic '54…

• Tobias

★★★★½ Rewatched by Tobias 20 Jun, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Dan

★★★ Watched by Dan 07 Jun, 2014

Yuri: The 1000 Year Dragon... King Ghidorah.

• Lust_In_Phaze

★★½ Added by Lust_In_Phaze

ehh

• Carl Garcia

★★★½ Added by Carl Garcia

The best part is when Mothra tries to murk Godzilla from behind and Godzilla turns around and blasts him into fairy dust.

Slow build and a long fight with that dumbass Baragon, but the finale is glorious. Kaiju die and are resurrected repeatedly, magic rocks sparkle, its exactly what it wants to be.

• whitsbrain

★★★½ Added by whitsbrain

This movie was amazing in that it totally ignores the entire Godzilla series other than the original "Gojira". I actually like this move because the previous movies don't have any memorable plot points anyway. And outside of possibly 1968's "Destroy All Monsters" there is no other Godzilla flick with as many outstanding monster battles. There are some interesting shots and much better special effects especially Big G's atomic breath and the redesigned suit. With it's dismissal of all previous Godzilla…

• cmasong

★★★★½ Rewatched by cmasong 24 May, 2014

See this if you're at all interested in fun Toho Godzilla mayhem. Great visuals, good humor and loads of destruction. Nuff said!

• DekeDaSilva

Watched by DekeDaSilva 20 May, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.