• Conan Tan

★★½ Watched by Conan Tan 13 Sep, 2016

Gigan so cool he appeared two movies straight back-to-back. This movie, not so much.

• Glorbes

Watched by Glorbes 26 Sep, 2016

The plot is a poorly recycled facsimilie of Invasion of Astro Monster, but it was still pretty enjoyable. Gigan looks like a Sesame Street character with a totally Heavy Metal make-over, but I loved his look and design. This was undoubtedly lowest common denominator Godzilla brand schlock, but God Help Me I still loved it.

• Justin Robert Vinall

★★★★ Rewatched by Justin Robert Vinall 11 Sep, 2016

Desperate Aliens invade Earth as they prepare to destroy the planet and rebuild it to their homeworld.

"Godzilla vs. Gigan" showcases fantastic monster battles, introduces one of the chief villains of the Godzilla franchise and explores the characters and even its monstrous Alien creatures.

• Rick DeSantis

★★★ Watched by Rick DeSantis 10 Sep, 2016

An ok Godzilla. Godzilla gets jacked up in his fights with Gigan and King Ghidrah, but Big G has an ally in Anguirus (who also takes a beating as well).

This movie feels like a rehashing of some previous Godzilla flicks, but my memory may have faded over time.

Some goofy scenes with a Godzilla theme park and Godzilla speaking.

Another environmental PSA from the good folks of Godzilla-world.

• J.W. Hendricks

★★★½ Watched by J.W. Hendricks 26 Aug, 2016

Somewhat slow and predictably silly (here it's wholly embraced, however), and you'd think by the 70's they'd have *new* costumes for Godzilla, but when things get going it's some of the coolest action of the series. Godzilla and Anguirus's bromance is awesome. Also this has largely the same plot as Jurassic World, but is way better, obviously.

• Mickey

★★ Rewatched by Mickey 18 Aug, 2016 1

CHRONOLOGICAL GODZILL-A-THON FILM #12:

This movie is bad. I mean, it's terrible. Relatively quickly into the run time of this film, one that tells the story of a young comic book artist who is hired to design monsters for a Godzilla themed educational amusement park(?) only to discover that his new employers are evil space cockroaches (that is a spoiler, though the chances of you actually reading this review are probably even slimmer than the chances of you watching this…

• Trevor Dobbin

★★★ Watched by Trevor Dobbin 06 Aug, 2016

"Hey, Angilas!"

"What is it?"

"Check out the immediate area."

"OK!"

"Do it fast!"

• Kingston Rivera

★★½ Watched by Kingston Rivera 04 Aug, 2016

Item #4. A film featuring a creature with more than one head!
    Above all else, Godzilla movies are charming and fun. I love their set designs and the use of destructible models.

• insanenerd101

★★★★ Added by insanenerd101

Godzilla vs Gigan is one of the most enjoyable films in the Gojira entry. It is one of those films that you just have to turn your brain off and just sit and watch with an entertainment value in mind. If you can enjoy 4 assholes in some rubber suits beating the shit out of each other, then by God, Drop your socks and grab your crocks, you're in for a campy bumpy ride.

• Wooderson

★★★★ Watched by Wooderson 24 Jun, 2016

Jurassic World basically tried to remake this but left out the best part, ALIENS TRYING TO USE KAIJU TO DESTROY EARTH.

This one is pretty underrated in my opinion. I had never seen it because I usually skip over this era of Zilla. It's got a whole lot of the good stuff, and by good stuff I mean Godzilla punching things.

• Kevin Seiler

★★★★★ Watched by Kevin Seiler 13 Jun, 2016

2016 Cult Movie Challenge and Craptacular Revue: Week 24: Godzilla Week

GODZILLA FUCKING SUPLEXED KING GHIDORAH HOLY FUCK I'M GIVING THIS MOVIE FIVE STARS FOR THAT REASON ALONE!

• 10aflyViper

★★ Watched by 10aflyViper 14 Jun, 2016

What can I say? This marathon is becoming pretty tedious. Love that funky Godzilla tower, and Gigan is a pretty cool monster.