• Max O'Connell

★★½ Watched by Max O'Connell 06 Apr, 2014

Full review, part of my Godzilla marathon. Great monster wasted in lame fights, a familiar storyline and tons of stock footage.

• Matt Reifschneider

★★ Watched by Matt Reifschneider 04 Apr, 2014

I really want to like this entry, I do. It just happens to be really, really ridiculous and horrendously put together. I mean we have had alien invasion plots before in this franchise...but cockroaches? With laser weaponized Godzilla theme parks? And tapes that have the ability to control the minds of space monsters like King Ghidorah and Gigan?

On top of that, there is only one VERY long kaiju fight in the film and it seemingly takes forever...and is loaded…

• Joachim Andersson

★★½ Rewatched by Joachim Andersson 19 Mar, 2014

Part 12 of my "(RE)Watch all Godzillamovies in sequence before the new one is released in may" festival.

Godzilla vs Gigan looks nice on paper, an alien race trying to conquer earth using Ghidrah and a new and fairly cool/silly monster, Gigan. Unfortunately it just isn't much fun. A lot of the mass destruction is footage from earlier movies, something that is pretty easy to spot since there us a big difference in quality, the footage shot for this movie…

• Travis Wagner

★★ Watched by Travis Wagner 22 Feb, 2014

I hesitate to use the word "unwatchable" describing a film from a franchise I adore, but this film was pretty much that exactly.

• Sc8lo

★★★ Rewatched by Sc8lo 13 May, 2012

One of the weirdest and best entries. It has all the top guys and the story is mental.

• David Steigman

★★★★ Rewatched by David Steigman 02 Feb, 2014

Despite the stock footage and the monsters not being as effectively done as previous entries this is still entertaining with a decent story. Had their been a budget it probably could have been a lot better.

• Rick Bman

★★★ Watched by Rick Bman 29 Jan, 2014

Man, the final fight scene in this one is just brutal. I had never seen a Godzilla fight get so bloody. Probably one of the better monster fights of the series, and it takes place in a Godzilla Theme Park. How awesome is that?

The rest of the movie is just ok though. Another story of aliens controlling monsters in order to take over the Earth. Only this time they are giant, space cockroaches. The aliens are also way to…

• Lars Sieval

★★ Watched by Lars Sieval 14 Nov, 2013

CRABPEOPLE!!! I mean cockroaches in human suits. This one is just strange. I like Gigan and King Chidorah as the bad guys and I liked the fight between Godzilla/Anguirus and King Chidorah/Gigan but some things were just so out of place like the banana eating scene and GODZILLA AND ANGUIRUS TALKING. That's why I gave it only 2 stars.

• Christina

★★½ Rewatched by Christina 05 Nov, 2013

This is one crazy movie! An out of work artist and his buds, including his karate expert, “hard bitch” girlfriend as he calls her, discover something is amiss at the proposed peace-themed park, World Children's Land, with its "Godzilla Tower," and eventually uncover another invasion plot, this time from the Nebula-M aliens. This leads to an epic tag-team battle of Godzilla and Anguirus, who actually TALK! in this movie, against Gigan and King Ghidorah.

The battles are long and hard-fought…

• Alex

★½ Watched by Alex 16 Mar, 2013

Again the lacking entries continue with Godzilla vs. Gigan, this is a cheaply made movie that has everything wrong going for it. The film is a poorly constructed affair and it really is clear that the filmmakers are not even trying to make something fun for viewers. In terms of delivering the fights, they are lackluster and quite boring. By this point, the films were simply recycling old ideas and not even trying to create something truly entertaining for viewers…

• Chris Popkoff

★★★★ Watched by Chris Popkoff 10 Jul, 2013

So I have seen my fair share of Godzilla movies and I like Godzilla, but I am not nearly as big a fan as some of my friends are. That being said, this might have been the most fun I have ever had watching a Godzilla movie. Giant talking cockroaches, Godzilla destroying a giant sculpture of himself, and 3 consecutive suplexs of Ghidrah...too much fun!

• JackCuellar

★★★ Watched by JackCuellar 10 Jul, 2013

Godzilla ain't got time to bleed.