• Michael Waldron

★★★★★ Watched by Michael Waldron 05 Jul, 2015 1

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

My film journey has been an odd one. I've covered this before but essentially I stuck to one genre, 80's and 90's action, and watched the shit out of it. Gran Torino is a film that my former self would have never considered for a second and today was the day I decided to check it out.

This tale was just fantastic. A Korean war vet, scarred by atrocities from the conflict, is nearing the end of his life. The…

• Nathan Franks

★★★★★ Added by Nathan Franks

Incredible movie. One of my favorite films of all time.

• ortolanph

★★★★ Watched by ortolanph 28 Jun, 2015

Walt's wife is deceased and she left him in their house built in a suburb. Her last wish was that Walt to have his sins confessed before he dies. But an invasion to his lawn by a gang of orientals changed his last days.

• FrenchExit

★★★½ Watched by FrenchExit 17 Jun, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Great movie, that Jesus pose at the end annoyed me though.

• mikemath3

★★★ Watched by mikemath3 12 Jun, 2015

It was okay.

• Mustafa Özkan

★★★★ Watched by Mustafa Özkan 11 Jun, 2015

Based Clint Eastwood shows he is both a great actor and a director.
    I didn't like the Asian kid's acting but it's alright.

• Andrew

★★★★ Added by Andrew

Classy, brooding, and strong.

• Jessie

★★★★★ Watched by Jessie 07 Jun, 2015

"We used to stack fucks like you five feet high in Korea"

Despite never having been an Eastwood fan, I thoroughly enjoyed every second of this film. It contains one of my recent favorite performances (not to mention characters) of his, and is certainly my favorite film he has directed (that I've seen so far at least). The grittiness of the cinematography certainly captures the essence of the film and the ending is downright heartbreaking. The supporting cast may have been mediocre, but everything else makes up for it.

Even with all the excessive racial slurs, just a fantastic film.

• Tasha Marie

★★½ Watched by Tasha Marie 30 May, 2015

I found the performances and a lot of the dialogue to be disappointing. The end was pretty good, though.

• Richard Murphy

★★★★½ Added by Richard Murphy

Not the biggest Clint fan but this movie is excellent. Easily his best role for me. Must watch.

• nibras

★★★½ Watched by nibras 25 May, 2015

Father Janovich: [eulogizing Walt] Walt Kowalski once said to me that I knew nothing about life or death, because I was an over-educated, 27-year-old virgin who held the hand of superstitious old women and promised them eternity.
    [the congregation chuckles politely and somberly]
    Father Janovich: Walt definitely had no problem calling it like he saw it. But he was right. I knew really nothing about life or death, until I got to know Walt... and boy, did I learn

• nibras