• Matthew Wooldridge

★★★½ Watched by Matthew Wooldridge 14 Jan, 2009

Eastwood's reputation has changed somewhat since his days of stardom in the 1970s and 80s. He has been in the game that long now - both in front and behind the camera - that he achieved 'master' status as a filmmaker. That was around the time of UNFORGIVEN. But then he kept bringing the goods. MYSTIC RIVER, then MILLION DOLLAR BABY would forever cement this man's reputation as one of the finest filmmaker's America has produced. And he's still pumping…

• fulci420

Added by fulci420

So as this trip through Eastwood's career continues I decided to revisit one of the only Eastwood films I actually saw in the theaters, 2008's "Gran Torino". A sign of a good movie I remembered just about every scene despite not having seen it in 6 years, and if anything it gained new resonance and meaning both as a film fan and as simply someone whose older now. It's a modern classic IMO beautifully revisiting some of Clint's most integral…

• Vladz0r

★★★½ Added by Vladz0r

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Oli

★★★★½ Added by Oli

Clint Eastwood als unheimlich sympathischer Nachbar, macht den Film durch seine "rassistische" Komik überragend...sehr gesellschaftskritisch mit einer ernsten Botschaft versehen ist GRAN TORINO absolut sehenswert...aus meiner Sicht ist der Film einen Tick zu lang, sonst hätte es fünf Sterne gegeben!

• codeck

★★★½ Added by codeck

Una de las mejores películas de Eastwood con una actuación ejemplar.

• Chris Ward

★★★★½ Rewatched by Chris Ward 23 Oct, 2014

The supporting cast still annoy me but I still get something out of this film every time I watch it.

• BazbauersT

Dirty Harry 6: 8/10
    Otherwise: 5/10

• Paul Boyne

★★½ Rewatched by Paul Boyne 15 Oct, 2014

There’s definitely a little of Harry Callahan in Walt, and the most interesting aspect of the film is seeing a prejudiced lone wolf survivor calcify into a bitter old grump. The climactic sacrifice, while extremely heavy on the Christ symbolism, is a satisfying final twist to the question of how many bullets Harry has left. Despite all that, the true analog for Gran Torino is The Shootist, directed by Eastwood’s mentor Don Siegel and starring Eastwood’s predecessor in the role…

• Neil

★★★★★ Watched by Neil 16 Oct, 2014

"Oh, I've got one. A Mexican, a Jew, and a colored guy go into a bar. The bartender looks up and says, "Get the fuck out of here."

Gran Torino came screaming at me with a punch in the face like an energy drink that said watch the shit out of me.

The emotions that stem from this movie are extraordinary, the acting of Clint Eastwood and also the supporting actors are special and makes you feel good inside. Now I know why my dad likes Clint so much, hats off to you Ol' Man, you deserve it. Don't mess with Walt, you'll wish you hadn't!

• Mr. Dale Hutchinson: Movie Opinionist Extraordinaire

★★★★ Added by Mr. Dale Hutchinson: Movie Opinionist Extraordinaire

Clint Eastwood gives his best portrayal here.

• MiguelSolo

★★★★★ Rewatched by MiguelSolo 13 Oct, 2014

Es Clint Eastwood sacándose el miembro viril y golpeando muy fuerte con él. Y nosotros gozando con ello.