• Hank

★★★★ Rewatched by Hank 27 Apr, 2016

I'm currently writing a paper on Clint Eastwood's Unforgiven and wanted to revisit my favorite film of his: Gran Torino. This is one of the films that made a big impression on me as a teenager and did for me what John Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men did for many in high school: it taught me how to convey theme properly as well as human interaction. It's truly a superb film dealing with all the regular Eastwood tropes including masculinity,…

• BerndSim

★★½ Added by BerndSim

die erste hälfte ist ja echt ne comedy, der grumpy old man in aktion,
    dann wirds aber noch zu einem recht schmonzigen drama
    und das ende hätte auch ruhig weniger shootout und weniger junge und hund im auto zum sonnenutergang haben können.

• TheMovieVampire

★★★ Watched by TheMovieVampire 26 Nov, 2009

This is the first Clint Eastwood film I’ve skipped in theaters since 2002, something about it just looked kind of strange. When all is said and done, I think this is probably a good movie, but it has a lot of issues. First and foremost, the movie’s script is not the best written piece of work around; it has a lot of Eastwood talking to himself in order to convey exposition. Also, the teenage Hmong actors are really not all…

• rossmclochness

★★½ Watched by rossmclochness 20 Apr, 2016

This is much better as a comedy

• William Stewart

★★★ Watched by William Stewart 15 Apr, 2016

God dammit Eastwood- find some kids who can act! That's the only thing that held me back from this film.
    In every other way, this film is Clint in his full glory- old, racist, trigger-happy... its simply fun on a visceral level to watch him work. His directorial efforts are minimal but functional.
    Seriously though when that kid is locked in the basement *grimace*

• Giran Findlay

★★★★½ Watched by Giran Findlay 18 Apr, 2016

-the plot flowed really slowly
    -clint eastwood was spot on
    -the asian actors were bad
    -great but depressing ending

9/10

• JustAraven

★★★★★ Watched by JustAraven 17 Apr, 2016

Is Clint Eastwood even acting in this? Or did they just point a camera at him and let him do his thing ?

• Nathanial00

★★★★ Watched by Nathanial00 23 Jan, 2016

7.2/10

• James Ackerley

★★★★★ Watched by James Ackerley 06 Apr, 2016

April 2016 Scavenger Hunt
    Film #5
    Task #8: A film featuring political views you personally disagree with.

Format: Blu ray
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An absolute masterpiece.

I have had GRAN TORINO sitting on my shelf for a long time now, and never felt in the 'mood' to watch it. Boy, did I make a mistake not watching this film sooner.

The film stars an exceptional Clint Eastwood (also as director, producer and song-writer) who gives an incredible performance as Walt, a highly…

• Daniel

★★★★½ Rewatched by Daniel 06 Apr, 2016

Im zweiten Durchgang sind mir ein paar Bilder aufgefallen, die ein bisschen zu dick aufgetragen sind. Aber alles im allen halte ich Gran Torino noch immer für den besten Clint-Eastwood-Film. Und wie dieser Film altersweise Eastwoods Lebenswerk mal augenzwinkernd, mal todernst kommentiert, ist wirklich ganz große Kunst.

• Jas Bhathal

★★★★ Rewatched by Jas Bhathal 04 Apr, 2016

Fucking amazing every single time.

• st0rm

★★★★½ Watched by st0rm 02 Apr, 2016

Even the white devil got a heart..somewhere.
    Clint Eastwood excels in the role of Walt Kowalski - a mean, embittered stranger in the modern world. The widower and veteran of the korean war struggels with the transition of his neighborhood and the life of a loner.

The movie deals with the difficult subject of Racism and Prejudices in a great way. Humor devinitely got his place in this dramatic, rough, well told movie.
    When you're recognizing your sympathies for the…