• Erik Stolpmann

★★★★ Watched by Erik Stolpmann 21 Aug, 2014

I admire change, and Gran Torino is a perfect example of change in the most humane way. A superb Clint Eastwood plays a man who is tense, tough, and quite racist. At least, that's who he is when the film begins. The magnificent character arc that Eastwood has to demonstrate on-screen is one of the best I have seen in recent movies. His development is supplemented by the likes of his priest, his family, and most importantly, his foreign neighbours.…

• Diego Garrido

½ Added by Diego Garrido

Otra vez Eastwood siendo chulo. zzZZzzzZ

• Gnske

★★★★ Added by Gnske

A pretty good film, Clint Eastwood as usual plays an extremely violent and racist man who teaches a young man the meaning of life as he struggles to grip with the reality of his own age and state of being.

• Jan

★★★★★ Watched by Jan 09 Aug, 2014

unique

• Luke

★★★★½ Watched by Luke 08 Aug, 2014

This is the first film i've seen that Eastwood has Directed. I've seen previous movies that he's acted in however not something he's directed. As I result, I had no idea what I was getting into, but i knew this film is quite liked so i expected it to be quite poor.

I was actually surprised at how immersed I became in the events of the film. Within the first ten minutes I instantly felt bad for Clint's character and…

• MuntazirQasim

★★★★ Added by MuntazirQasim

80/100

• Carolinanz

★★★★½ Added by Carolinanz

"What the hell does everybody want with my Gran Torino?"

• Luke Grima

★★★★ Rewatched by Luke Grima 30 Jul, 2014

Eastwood's truly last best film?

• cronic

★★★½ Added by cronic

7/10

• Matt Thomas

★★★★½ Rewatched by Matt Thomas 29 Jul, 2014

Racial slurs aside, this is an excellent (if fairly low-key) drama. It could quite possibly end up being Eastwood's last great film (as both actor and director). A tremendous performance filled with pathos, dignity, anger, and one hell of a snarl. Ahney Her is outstanding too - such a shame that she seemingly hasn't pursued an acting career.

• Luis Paixao

★★★★★ Watched by Luis Paixao 28 Jul, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• LiamJohnsonType

★★★★½ Watched by LiamJohnsonType 27 Jul, 2014

Fantastic film, which probably wouldn't work if it wasn't Clint in the lead. His casting and performance leads you to expect so much and while it doesn't deliver, what it does bring to the table is a whole new light and equally as entertaining.