• datoradeaddict

★★★★½ Watched by datoradeaddict 01 Apr, 2015

Grandios.

• Luca Di-Maio

★★★★½ Watched by Luca Di-Maio 30 Mar, 2015

Such a simple premise, such a simple progression through the story yet such a strong chemistry between characters and strongly emotional ending. Everything comes full circle.

• Dan Gorman

★★★ Watched by Dan Gorman 28 Mar, 2015

Dirty Harry grows old in Detroit.

• Beebatron

★★★★ Added by Beebatron

An enjoyable drama. Eastwood's performance was great, making him both hilarious while serious. The story wasn't anything new, but worked. Recommended.

• David Gómez-Rosado

★★ Watched by David Gómez-Rosado 09 Aug, 2009

I heard so many raves about this movie that I went to see it. What a great disappointment! The only reason I think people find this amateurish movie remotely interesting is because the respect they have for Clint Eastwood mythical career... Other than that, the overall acting is terrible. The pubescent priest is not believable from the moment he opened his mouth, the protege kid is barely coherent (let alone an actor) the photography is mediocre and in general the…

• moviegrande

★★★★ Watched by moviegrande 22 Mar, 2015

Clint Eastwood is the ultimate grumpy old man!

At first glance this may be somewhat of a pro-racist movie but damn if it wasn't enjoyable and actually quite funny. Its a movie that can be interpreted in many different ways but it lets the viewer decide for itself. Though feels a bit overlong, Eastwood nails his character adding a human side to a character that would have just been pure hatred.

• Danny Gray

★★★★ Watched by Danny Gray 22 Mar, 2015

Clint Eastwood's directorial efforts in recent years have been a bit hit-and-miss for me, but Gran Torino lands solidly in the "hit" camp.

His portrayal of Walter Kowalski oozes the grizzly prejudice which carries the film, with the themes of justice, hatred, revenge and regret running high in every scene. The pacing, supporting performances and cinematography all combine to produce a gritty, shockingly engaging and believable film which avoids becoming the predictable action/drama which the plot would suggest.

• Mathew Buck

★★★★ Rewatched by Mathew Buck 21 Dec, 2014

Moving and heartfelt Clint Eastwood movie about tolerance and forgiveness in the face of the ugliness of violence.

• Jordan Griffith

★★½ Watched by Jordan Griffith 19 Mar, 2015

The story of a curmudgeonly old white man who loses his wife but finds his next big adventure with a young Asian boy scout as they navigate paradise falls in a flying balloon house. Or am I confusing it with something?

Nope. This is a modern western. Clint Eastwood, check. Mexican standoffs, check. Lone gunslinger hero, check. Gruff dialogue, check. Alpha male posturing, check. I actually like the idea of the movie, but found the acting and writing uneven. Some…

• JC13

★★★★ Watched by JC13 10 Mar, 2015

"Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have fucked with? That's me."- Walt Kowalski

Gran Torino is a film that I had seen parts of, but never the whole thing. Well I finally got around to watching it from start to finish and I liked it a lot. The acting from the teenagers is a bit patchy, but Clint Eastwood is fantastic in his role. He definitely helps to make the others less harmful…

• Chris

★★★½ Watched by Chris 07 Mar, 2015

Gran Torino has been lingering on my watch list for ages and only now I finally got round to see it. I have to say that this would absolutely not have worked without Clint Eastwood as the main character and director. It lives off his facial expressions, his mumbled racial slurs and his mannerisms as the rest of the cast are basically amateur actors.

The plot had been done a thousand times before, it's your classic from-sinner-to-saint story and has…

• Alex Keipper

★★ Added by Alex Keipper

It almost seems unfair to give this film an actualy star rating. It's near impossible to balance the absolute hilarity it offers up with the complete disregard for conscious filmmaking it effortlessly throws in the faces of any audience member who might've wanted to take it seriously. It's one of those movies that pushes the line between intentional and unintentional comedy. I can near guarantee that it was the intention of ol' Clint that we should laugh as he spouts…