★★★★★ Watched by NELSON E BUENAHORA JIMENEZ 25 Nov, 2015

"!No sabes nada sobre la vida y la muerte! eres un virgen de 27 años que le toma la mano a viejitas supersticiosas y les prometes la vida eterna"
    De esas películas que dan ganas de ver nuevamente, disfrutar de los personajes y sobre todo de su protagonista, que en medio de gruñidos, cerveza y una forma un poco extraña de querer y de enseñar nos va llevando por una historia que termina resolviéndose... Bueno! Hay que verla para ver cómo termina resolviéndose.

• neta shamgar

★★★ Watched by neta shamgar 25 Nov, 2015

טוב מאוד

• Miru_Jaca

★★★★★ Watched by Miru_Jaca 17 Nov, 2015

Esta película va de choques y de mezclas. Choques y mezclas de razas, de culturas, de creencias y de generaciones. De personalidades y de personas.

Los personajes no podrían ser más diferentes entre sí, pero todos están muy bien construidos y ensamblados los unos con los otros. El gran punto fuerte de esta película son las relaciones. Y el personaje protagonista, claro, pero sobre todo las relaciones. Tao y su hermana, el cura, la desapegada familia de Walt... Es a…

• Isabella Faust

★★★★★ Rewatched by Isabella Faust 17 Nov, 2015

Cada vez me gusta más!!!!!!! <3

• Fabio Arnold

★★★ Watched by Fabio Arnold 16 Nov, 2015

Story fand ich ganz gut. Nur passiert halt sehr wenig und der Film hat einige längen.

• Dante Hemingway

★★★½ Added by Dante Hemingway

Although I loved this film, it was so racist. I've read an article about the Hmong actors how they were treated unfairly behind the scenes unlike "white actors". That really pisses me off. It's a movie about Clint Eastwood's character overcoming his prejudice and stereotypes in regards of racism. It's just fucked up.

The only caused misconception of the Hmong culture. I don't know anything about the Hmong culture but they only categorized them into one specific group, outsiders. I…

• Gabriel Camillozzi

★★★ Added by Gabriel Camillozzi

O inicio é trôpego, a estorinha demora para nos conquistar mas quando estamos no clímax, buum somos impactados pela ousadia de Nick Schenk com seu roteiro dramático de caráter melancólico. Eastwood tem uma atuação rabugenta de atraente desempenho mas a inexperiência dos outros atores trazem charme e doçura a trama.

• Slappy McGee

★★★★½ Rewatched by Slappy McGee 09 Nov, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Man. I did NOT like this movie when I FIRST saw it.

HOWEVER... I absolutely LOVED it this time around.

What changed?
    Probably me. Probably my own outlook. And probably, I realized what Clint was trying to do with this film.

It's basically a callback to his western days in format.
    I didn't get that the first time around.

This growling old man full of hate finds redemption in giving back the only way he can. It's a beautiful story.

• Fajrianur Afnan

★★★★★ Rewatched by Fajrianur Afnan 09 Nov, 2015

YES YES YES This was actually my first movie of Clint Eastwood, I didn't even need to see his earlier gems to see a great talent in the old man, or it was really him playing himself. I can feel his legendary life stories flashed by throughout watching this movie.
    "Ever come across somebody you shouldn't have messed with?" YOSHH

• Matt Mansfield

★★★★★ Watched by Matt Mansfield 08 Nov, 2015

something I love about cinephila is when two films that don't immediately strike you (however they might strike others) as having similarities somehow line up in ways that seem to enrich each other as much as themselves. Case in point, the two films I saw today - both for the first time: John Ford's Wagon Master, and Clint Eastwood's Gran Torino.

Ford's treatment of Native Americans in his film is incredibly human (especially for its time, I would imagine, not…

• Henry007

★★★★½ Added by Henry007

Berührender Clint Eastwood Film mit starken Schauspielern.

• Paul Zoccolillo

★★★★ Added by Paul Zoccolillo

(Original review outdated, re-evaluation required at later date)