• J. R. McNamara

★★½ Watched by J. R. McNamara 24 Apr, 2016

A combination of two of my least favourite things: 'ghost hunting' TV shows and found footage films... Thankfully it does have an OK narrative and isn't a complete cock up.

• Philipp

★★½ Rewatched by Philipp 14 Apr, 2016

Hatte ich irgendwie besser in Erinnerung.

• Yug S

½ Added by Yug S

One who watches this movie gets lobotomized.

• rewatchvalue

★★★ Rewatched by rewatchvalue 01 Apr, 2016

l love how this movie created a claustrophobic atmosphere. When they open the entrance door of the hospital only to see it's another hallway? Holy shit dude, that is some good stuff. Even though it has a short runtime, the movie feels long because there isn't a story to follow. The characters are just running around, trying to find an exit. There's no mystery to solve, no reason given why they're being attacked. The crazy doctor thing at the end seems rushed and probably because the creators didn't know how to end this.

• Christian Fecht

★★½ Watched by Christian Fecht 05 Apr, 2016

Ein Found Footage Film über eine Gruppe junger Menschen, die Reality Spukgeschichten für das Fernsehen produzieren und die sich beim ersten Kontakt mit echtem Spuk und echten Geistern gleich in die Hose machen und anschließend Verstand und Leben verlieren. Effektiv und gruselig, so man denn solche Filme mag.

Es ja ein Kreuz mit den Found Footage Filmen. Manchmal denke ich, sie sind das Ende des filmischen Erzählens. Andererseits tun sie ja, wo für das Kino, die große Illusionsmaschine, da ist,…

• Locke

★★★★ Watched by Locke 28 Mar, 2016

Grave Encounters is not necessarily a great movie, for the first hour or so the movie is a very tired, very low budget, very average found footage flick, admittedly well crafted, atmospheric and with a decent, meta, movie within a movie, within a movie, within a movie set up but it’s really nothing special. However once the film rolls into the final forty or so minutes, it begins to move from strength to strength as the scares and intensity never…

• Kely Lucena

★★★ Rewatched by Kely Lucena 26 Mar, 2016

It made me laugh, which I think it wasn't supposed to.

• James Davies

★★½ Rewatched by James Davies 21 Mar, 2016

Having been watching all the Paranormal Activity films, and waiting for the latest one to come into work in 3D, I thought to watch this whilst I wait, as it follows a very similar formula. An enjoyable film with some great ideas, it does take some time to get going, and the acting is dreadful, but theres nothing to dislike about it. Certainly better than the previous Paranormal film.

• muchacho23

★★★ Added by muchacho23

I typically stay away from found footage films because I don't enjoy them as a rule, but I had heard so many good things about this one that I decided to give it a try. Not bad, slow build, you actually see some stuff and the camera bouncing is kept to a minimum.

• Shannen

★★★★ Added by Shannen

I don't want to love it, but I do.
    The cheap jumpscares, the terrible characters, the janky special effects. I love it all.

• Shawna of the Shire

★★★½ Watched by Shawna of the Shire 10 Mar, 2016

Successfully had me feeling uneasy. Story isn't anything that I haven't seen before but the camera work and use of setting played to its advantage.

• _DeusExMachina_