• jolocus

★★★½ Watched by jolocus 25 Apr, 2015

Welcome to another episode of Grave Encounters
    A found footage horror movie from 2011. 12 years after the Blair WItch Project, 4 years after the first Paranormal Activity.
    Does it do anything new? No.
    Is it boring? No.
    It is actually really fun.
    It starts with a producer telling us that what we are about to see is not a movie, it is the material of the filming of the sixth episode of the ghost-hunting show Grave Encounters, only cut…

• Brian Izzi

★★★½ Watched by Brian Izzi 14 Apr, 2015

Amazon Instant

I'm well aware the genre is not for everyone, but I'll watch any found footage film that I can get my hands on. This one did not disappoint. A bunch of douche bags are are out filming one of those annoying fake ghost hunter shows and then shit gets real. Some pretty intense moments.

• mo_shack

★★ Watched by mo_shack 12 Apr, 2015

Derivative? Yes, but Grave Encounters does just enough right to be entertaining.

• Joanne Myers

★★★ Added by Joanne Myers

I've seen this film a couple of times before on the Horror Channel UK. It's a found footage film. As far as FF films go its not bag, however, on its third or fourth viewing, it sort of looses its charm.

• Kieran Smith

★★★★★ Added by Kieran Smith

Paranomal movies don't appeal to me much but this one in particular made it into my top 4 movies of all time! This is one of the scariest movies I have ever seen! This movie keeps you watching, even at the points you don't want to! The jumpscares and gruesome deaths are cool and creative! I really recommend this movie to who ever reads this.

• David Eduardo

★★★ Added by David Eduardo

Me gustó mucho la idea (spoiler) del laberinto.

• Jhon James

★★★ Watched by Jhon James 28 Feb, 2015

Found footage que acude a todos los clichés del género y entrega una película regular con actores, historia y narrativa igual de regulares. Del elenco sólo destacan Sean Rogerson (como Lance Preston) y Mackenzie Gray (como Houston). Los personajes generan tan poca empatía con el espectador que simplemente deja de importar si mueren o viven para el final de la película (y gracias a lo predecible que es, todos imaginamos que van a morir). De hecho, esperaba con ansias que…

• Zuzana K.

★★★½ Watched by Zuzana K. 28 Mar, 2015

This was...actually pretty scary. Why did I watch this at night on my own? Someone save me from myself.

• splisken

★★★ Added by splisken

A bunch of paranormal investigators are filming a haunted house show. they get to episode 6 which is at a disused mental asylum. they bicker, they throw ego strops then they get locked in for the night, ready to film some ghosts.
    obviously some ghosts turn up, to start with its just a bit of furniture moving and the odd slammed door but after 8 hours the sun hasn't come up, and no ones come to unlock the door to…

• Chrisw1878

★★★★½ Added by Chrisw1878

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

After recently reviewing "Extraterrestrial" which was made by The Vicious Brothers, I had to review the film that made me fall in love with their work. I know a lot of people find the whole Found Footage sub-genre to be boring and played out, however when done correctly it is terrifying, here is what I thought of the "brothers" directorial debut.

Opening up with Jerry Hartfield (Wilkinson) who is the producer of the popular "Grave Encounters" a paranormal investigation television…

• tobe_whooper

★★★ Watched by tobe_whooper 24 Jan, 2015

Very, VERY derivative of The Blair Witch Project.

cf. Every other BWP ripoff.

• Chris Alley

Watched by Chris Alley 29 Aug, 2011

By the time these lame hipster ghost hunters found some cool stuff I was so bored I could care less. Go watch SESSION 9 instead. You'll thank me.