• ganjer09

★★★★ Watched by ganjer09 21 Oct, 2014

Surprisingly, it's kind of brilliant.

• Brian

★★½ Watched by Brian 20 Oct, 2014

The Blair Witch Legacy - loud assholes swinging cameras around getting slowly more terrified and scream-y.

And then the camera falls to the ground and has fake digitizing happen.

• SmokeTNT

★★½ Watched by SmokeTNT 20 Oct, 2014

2.5/5

• Alexander Huls

★★ Watched by Alexander Huls 19 Oct, 2014

"Fuck you," says a character into his video camera, and to us, at one point in the movie. While I may not share the same degree of anger he did, needless to say I returned a quite similar sentiment back to GRAVE ENCOUNTERS once it decided to detour from a promising start into Shitsville.

• Patrick Walsh

★★ Watched by Patrick Walsh 18 Oct, 2014

I was convinced to watch this film after hearing about the scene with the Mexican maintenance man. Unfortunately it ended up being the best part of the film. Really liked the entrance - changing scene

• Marna Larsen

★★★ Added by Marna Larsen

So, this one was fairly predictable in that it was broken up into maybe four parts: part one, where the characters are just smug and douchey enough so that you want something terrible to happen to them, part two, where nothing happens, part three, where something happens but it's just jump scares and people yelling at each other (and calling attention to the fact that they are still filming all this awfulness when really, it should be brought up as…

• Andrew Furtado

★★★ Watched by Andrew Furtado 17 Oct, 2014 1

I really liked this movie more than I thought I would. I like it so much I wanted to share it with my roommate. He too was pleasantly surprised at this well crafted parody of a ghost hunter show.

Although it gets a little corny at the end with poor graphics coverups that insult the viewers... by the last 20 minutes you're basically being told "BE SCARED NOW" and it's really annoying. I'll get scared at what I want.

• sharpelbows

★½ Watched by sharpelbows 16 Oct, 2014

This movie was recommended because of my enjoyment of the Blair Witch Project. It has promise as a story, but ultimately it just never delivers anything new in the "found footage" genre.

• PetMice72

★★★½ Watched by PetMice72 11 Oct, 2014

A "found footage" movie. A paranormal investigation team checks out a mental hospital closed since the 1960's for an episode of their television show. While there are better horror movies out there, I was impressed by the fact that this movie did put a small number of genuine scares into me and gave me goosebumps at other times. I say this because few horror movies at this point have such an effect on me anymore. I was sure to watch this with no lights turned on and the volume turned up. Definitely recommended to anyone who has not seen it before.

• Helen Cummins

★★★ Rewatched by Helen Cummins 11 Oct, 2014

Halloween month!

Decent film. I know not everyone likes it but there's some skin tingling moments that deserve some star-age!

• TheGiantClaw

★★★ Added by TheGiantClaw 2

***OctHorror Fest 2014*** Day 12

Ever since the found footage sub genre became a phenomenon in the last five years, thanks to the sleeper hit Paranormal Activity, many many film makers have tried to cash in on the low budget scares to make a quick buck.

There have been a few that stand out among the crowd, like Chronicle and Super 8, but for the most part this genre has just been dragged through the mud repeatedly. But once in…

• Paul Robinson

★★★ Rewatched by Paul Robinson 11 Oct, 2014

I am a big fan of found footage films, unfortunately there has been a lot of terrible additions to the genre over the past few years. Grave Encounters treads the middle ground, just about keeping its head above water as it doggy paddles furiously against the wave of bad choices, clunky ideas and disappointing additions to an otherwise nice idea.

The first slip up was an opening scene explaining how this was all very real and edited for the purpose…