• Ana

★★★★ Rewatched by Ana 07 Feb, 2016

I love this movie, I don't even care about the quality of the VFX because I always see it in like 360p #truelove

• emy

★★★½ Rewatched by emy 03 Feb, 2016

I rewatched this the other day with my brother and we were just admiring how at the beginning the guy in this sounds like zak bagans and how much "grave encounters" the show seems like "ghost adventures" and we were havin a great time.

• Jman76

★★★ Added by Jman76

Grave Encounters is good...it's one of those types of movies you want to watch with your girl because you know it will scare the hell out of her in some parts and you want to be there to comfort her. The story is cool, the best part is the way it's filmed. In some parts, you have this very uneasy feeling and you don't know where the heck the "entity" will come out from. The acting is ok...but this movie is pretty creepy in some parts! 3/5 OR 6/10

• Aronf9

★½ Watched by Aronf9 06 Jan, 2016

Överraskad att den var så rolig i början, blev intresserad
    Sedan "utvecklades" den och blev mer typisk med klichéer, mindre intressant

• billy osmond

Watched by billy osmond 07 Dec, 2015

Pray you never encounter me Vicious Brothers. For if you do, there will be a grave with your name on it.

• AJ Robinson

★★★ Added by AJ Robinson

Extremely creepy, however the characters are very generic and typical. But otherwise, this is pretty decent. Somewhat Recommended

• Ryu Murillo Veyda

★★★ Watched by Ryu Murillo Veyda 10 Nov, 2015

#GraveEncounters: buenos sustos, buen manejo del suspenso, pero la cagan al mostrarlo TODO hacia el final. #BigChale pic.twitter.com/wTxbH8m4dA

— Ryu Murillo Veyda (@MurilloVeyda) noviembre 14, 2015

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• FredM

★★★ Watched by FredM 08 Nov, 2015

Abandoned psychiatric hospitals are the best setting for these type of supernatural creepy found footage movies. Labyrinthic basement hallways, uncountable rooms with dark histories,..., it's all present.
    I also liked the starting point: the crew of a TV show visit strange places to try to tape evidence of ghostly existence, and are locked in the hospital overnight, plans are that the caretaker will re-open the doors the next morning, but it seems that the hospital has his own timeline...
    It…

• Louis Gur

★★★½ Watched by Louis Gur 25 Oct, 2015

Pretty damn entertaining found footage film. Not original at all, but has its scary moments for sure. Not thrilling throughout, but the last 40 minutes are intense.

• Jay-r Trinidad

★½ Watched by Jay-r Trinidad 11 Oct, 2015

--=+=---=+=--=+=--=+=--=+=--=+=--=+=--=+=-
    Film 21/30 of the "Scavenger Hunt #7" Challenge!
    My Scavenger Hunt #7 List.
    Task #24: A horror movie made in this decade.
    --=+=---=+=--=+=--=+=--=+=--=+=--=+=--=+=-

it easily goes from being deft to horrendously obnoxious. while the filmmakers tried hard to make it an unforgettable journey, the supposed claustrophobia turned into an interesting array of faulty character development devoid of any found footage aesthetics. i suppose it could've been given a proper light if the editing and new attacks in the genre…

• Jenni

★★½ Watched by Jenni 19 Oct, 2015

Some genuinely creepy moments, this film managed to touch on familiar tropes that I enjoy (endless corridors, expanding buildings) and managed to build some decent tension. Unfortunately, as is so often the case in this genre, the third act completely fell apart and failed to deliver on the tension. Improved pacing and an ambitious ending would've served this film well. It coasted on the fact I began my night with a better claustrophobic film (As Above, So Below).

• Jeff_J

★★ Watched by Jeff_J 11 Oct, 2015

The review in which I spend way too much time talking about Ghost Adventures.

Hoop-Tober Film #?

letterboxd.com/jeff_j/list/hoop-tober-2015/
    ___________________________________________________________
    Film #? of the 2015 Scavenger Hunt of the Dead Challenge!
    Task #28: A found footage film.

letterboxd.com/jeff_j/list/scavenger-hunt-october-2015/
    __________________________________________________________

Thoughts:
    My wife and I love to watch stupid paranormal reality shows, her a bit more than me, but we both agree that Ghost Adventures is by far the creme de le creme of the genre. We marathoned through probably the first…