• suspiriaah

★★★ Watched by suspiriaah 02 Oct, 2015

I keep complaining about found footage films and yet I keep coming back to them. Well today, it wasn't such a bad idea in the end. I really enjoyed that one and if it wasn't for the crappy occasional CGI morph effects and the terribly written female character, I would have probably rated higher. It genuinely gave me the creeps and surprised me more than once by not indulging in jump scares every time I was expecting it to. The…

• Mariel R.A

★★★★ Watched by Mariel R.A 27 Sep, 2015

un verdadero mockumentary, con sus aciertos y desaciertos... no cansa y trata de mantemer el mismo ritmo, la pelicula logra mantener un suspense que llega a ser incluso incomodo...incluso las escenas filmadas en off...me gusto que fuese una parodia de programas tipicos de syfy y al final le salio y el tiro por otro lado.... deja algunas incognitas que se suponen que el 2da parte sacan de dudas....

• luis reséndiz

★★½ Watched by luis reséndiz 23 Sep, 2015 2

tiene un par de sustos chingones, pero la lastiman (creo): sus actores, que no son muy buenos su bajo presupuesto o poco ingenio, que la hace recurrir a esos glitches de video que interrumpen los sustos, y la existencia de the blair witch project, que más de diez años antes ya había hecho varia de esta cosa de mejor forma.

aunque admito que la idea del manicomio sí me gusta mucho. entiendo el encanto, vaya.

• toMb1

½ Added by toMb1

How much do you know about the void?.

Well go ahead. 90 minutes of emptiness master-class is waiting for you.

• sarCCastro

★★★½ Watched by sarCCastro 05 Sep, 2015

A fairly effective scare machine, much better than the majority of found footage films.

• robosllim

★★★★ Added by robosllim

Scariness/creepiness: 4/5
    Effects: 3/5
    Atmosphere: 4/5
    Originality: 3/5

I feel like this movie is too... lame, too cheesy, too cliche, I dunno... too something to give a 4/5. But I love creepy asylums, I love the warped space and time, I love the fake ghost hunters shtick.

• Zoe Pearson

★★★½ Watched by Zoe Pearson 19 Aug, 2015

One of the better and decent found footage films. Recommend this in depth review on my blog:

• Chase Eiland

★★★ Watched by Chase Eiland 13 Aug, 2015

Solid found footage movie that delivers plenty of jump scares and implausible situations.

• keckles keckles

★★★ Added by keckles keckles

pretty dumb. kinda liked it.

• Wex

★★½ Added by Wex

guilty pleasure

• dedlezar

★★★ Watched by dedlezar 02 Aug, 2015

The beginning parody portion of the film was near perfect and had my friends and I howling.

• chill007

★★★½ Added by chill007

I enjoy Grave Encounters. It is another one of those fake doc films that people film their spokes/journey and get trap inside a building. The setting was there, but I would have like more jumps then there really was. More creepiness.