• bree bordeaux

★★★½ Watched by bree bordeaux 12 Apr, 2014

Much better than I expected.

• mrmonagle

★★★½ Watched by mrmonagle 05 Apr, 2014

Watched in Astoria, NY.

• Sangman

★★★ Watched by Sangman 05 Apr, 2014

Nice atmosphere and some subtle freakiness near the start, but goes downhill towards the end. Still, it's kinda cool.

• MDF

★★½ Added by MDF

The best parts of this film are the subtle jabs at shows like "Ghost Adventures". It has some genuinely funny moments, mocking paranormal reality shows. Secondly, the subtle, more atmospheric moments contribute more to the horror elements of the movie than the deliberate jump scares. I found this watchable, but ultimately not very good.

• Robert Blaschuk

★★★½ Watched by Robert Blaschuk 02 Apr, 2014

Found footage movies are a dime a dozen nowadays, especially ones about spooky paranormal ghostly apparitions. So finding one worth watching is becoming harder and harder. I had watched Grave Encounters a few years ago and remembered it as a good fun, but a bit flawed. Now after a second viewing its nice to know my original view hasn't changed.

The beginning, or build up phase of found footage movies is usually the worst part of them. Having to sit…

• Keith LaFountaine

★★½ Added by Keith LaFountaine

Though the film does a decent job at building suspense in an eerie location, the writing fails to connect the audience with any of the characters, making their peril less interesting.

• Ivy Bernadette Nobleza

★★ Watched by Ivy Bernadette Nobleza 28 Mar, 2014

This is not too scary.

• RJ Myato

★★★ Added by RJ Myato

Competent but ultimately forgettable found footage ghost story. Does everything "right" but has little original or noteworthy to offer. Architecture/sense-of-direction fuckery is always cool but. well, Blair Witch and the Shining both do that and I'd rather watch the classics another time than a well-done copycat.

• Gustavo H.R.

★★ Watched by Gustavo H.R. 13 Mar, 2014

Characterization so paper-thin and acting so shamelessly phony it becomes annoying, despite the accomplished sense of claustrophobia and mental degeneration of the second half.

• K K

★★★★ Added by K K

I normally don't watch FF movies because they either have too much happening at once or nothing happening (e.g. - The Blair Witch Project). Despite reading positive reviews, I thought this movie would be the latter but thankfully it wasn't. The reviews were right!

It was obvious from the beginning that the crew members weren't ready for what they found but it surprised me how fucked up things got. This movie isn't one of those jumpscare-heavy FF movies so there…

• NachoGrim

★★ Watched by NachoGrim 14 Oct, 2013

Es interesante analizar como puede fallar un producto tan interesante como esté. Tiene realmente el núcleo y la idea correcta para relucir... Pero no. Un guión sin chispa, unos sustos demasiados cutres y poca imaginación. Hay una buena película escondida entre tanta mugre.

• Mareike Böttcher

★★½ Watched by Mareike Böttcher 21 Feb, 2014

Nice ideas.. They should have shortened the beginning and put more of the creepy stuff in there. Maybe it would have been a better movie than.