• GoodBadAndOdd

★★ Watched by GoodBadAndOdd 27 Jul, 2014

The first half engaged me quite a bit, I was caught up in it, because the acting and premise was pretty solid. I also occasionally watch these ghosthunting TV shows it was playing off against, and it was amusing to see the psychic being obviously an act. The first half was a solid 7 for me.

However, when it got properly supernatural, and a little Silent Hill-lite, it really lost me, and I did find myself wishing it would just…

• Max Brown

★★★ Watched by Max Brown 14 Jul, 2014

This movie is great. While I'm not fond of the supernatural lost footage movies, this was still a lot of fun. The idea of it is pretty original, and there are definitely some scary moments. Each character plays a role of basically any character in a horror movie.

• Sean Frost

★★★ Watched by Sean Frost 06 Jul, 2014

One of a zillion found footage ghost movies, this one earns points by being about a ghost-seeking TV crew who don't think there's anything to find. It drags a bit near the end, but there's a nicely gradual escalation of supernatural doings before that and it sticks the ending fairly well.

• p14

★★★ Added by p14

kinda scary if u like found footage genre...which i do alot

• anewchallenger

★★½ Added by anewchallenger

Good for a few laughs (some intentional, some not), but borrows a little too much from The Blair Witch Project and The House on Haunted Hill (remake). I don't mean in the general sense that there's found footage, but in literal shot-for-shot reenactments from both films. I couldn't help but compare Grave Encounters those films during those scenes.

Still, it was sometimes fun in that I hate those stupid ghost hunting shows and this does a decent job roasting them. And the horrible acting is suitable here for that reason, in a fun way. It was even a bit scary in a few spots!

• Kelly Magovern

★★★½ Watched by Kelly Magovern 11 Jun, 2014

I thought this was a pretty entertaining little found-footage horror movie. I always think old, creepy insane asylums are cool, so it had that going for it, as well.

• Naishra

★★ Watched by Naishra 05 Jun, 2014

This movie starts out very promising.
    The self-ironic touch of the setting is a great idea and takes the whole handhelm camera idea to another very interesting level. I also really got the chills when the movie plot developed to the darker areas. But a bit into the half of the film, it loses its charme and just becomes a horror movie cliche - which is sad, cause it began so very promising.
    Worth a watch on a night where there is nothing to do anyways.
    Propably better drunk.

• Stephanie

★★★½ Rewatched by Stephanie 28 May, 2014

One of the better found footage films. It has it's issues, but overall it's pretty solid.

• atmtc

★★★ Watched by atmtc 10 May, 2014

A Found Footage Weekend, part two

I hate those shows so much that I was really pleased that somebody with the same hate ratio about these crap though this script.
    Pretty entertaining!

• kellenstory

★★½ Watched by kellenstory 22 May, 2014

Early morning in apt

• Jack1704

★½ Rewatched by Jack1704 19 May, 2014

Have given it an extra half star as it was slightly better when it wasn't on fast forward all the time.

Its Most Haunted/Ghost Hunters but shit actually happens.

This is Lance Preston signing off.

• Darren Fx

★★★★ Rewatched by Darren Fx 14 May, 2014

"Death Awaits? Ugh that's really corny"

Just as scaring as the first time around.

Better than the other found footage films around like Cloverfield, Blair Witch Project and... ugh.. any of the Paranormal Activities.

Even though the CGI is very low budget and very "Creepy Pasta", the thrills and chills are still there.