• Brandon Hart

★★★★ Watched by Brandon Hart 13 May, 2015

Is this Outlast: The Movie, or is Outlast actually Grave Encounters: The Game?

Tough call. Both are damn spooky.

• nspirn

★★½ Added by nspirn

This movie completely wasted the first hour. Normally the beginning is used for character development but I found myself with the same impression of each character an hour in that I had at first glance. The found footage sub-genre will always be one of my favorites and when this movie gets down to business it feels like what we all wished MTV's FEAR would have been.

• Kieran Smith

★★★★★ Added by Kieran Smith

"This place is about as haunted as a sock drawer"

The Plot: A team from a reality paranormal TV series, lock themselves in a Mental Asylum that is rumored to be haunted. After an hour or two they encounter things that don't seem to make sense. Passage ways that lead to nowhere, exits that lead to brick walls, crew members going missing and the endless night they are spending there. They also come to the conclusion this may be their…

• Makayla

★★ Watched by Makayla 28 Apr, 2015 1

Better than I thought it would be. Just hoped for a better ending.

• Rachel

½ Watched by Rachel 28 Apr, 2015

Not scary at all. Doesn't explain anything and makes you laugh sometimes.

• jolocus

★★★½ Watched by jolocus 25 Apr, 2015

Welcome to another episode of Grave Encounters
    A found footage horror movie from 2011. 12 years after the Blair WItch Project, 4 years after the first Paranormal Activity.
    Does it do anything new? No.
    Is it boring? No.
    It is actually really fun.
    It starts with a producer telling us that what we are about to see is not a movie, it is the material of the filming of the sixth episode of the ghost-hunting show Grave Encounters, only cut…

• Brian Izzi

★★★½ Watched by Brian Izzi 14 Apr, 2015

Amazon Instant

I'm well aware the genre is not for everyone, but I'll watch any found footage film that I can get my hands on. This one did not disappoint. A bunch of douche bags are are out filming one of those annoying fake ghost hunter shows and then shit gets real. Some pretty intense moments.

• mo_shack

★★ Watched by mo_shack 12 Apr, 2015

Derivative? Yes, but Grave Encounters does just enough right to be entertaining.

• Joanne Myers

★★★ Added by Joanne Myers

I've seen this film a couple of times before on the Horror Channel UK. It's a found footage film. As far as FF films go its not bag, however, on its third or fourth viewing, it sort of looses its charm.

• Kieran Smith

★★★★★ Added by Kieran Smith

Paranomal movies don't appeal to me much but this one in particular made it into my top 4 movies of all time! This is one of the scariest movies I have ever seen! This movie keeps you watching, even at the points you don't want to! The jumpscares and gruesome deaths are cool and creative! I really recommend this movie to who ever reads this.

• David Eduardo

★★★ Added by David Eduardo

Me gustó mucho la idea (spoiler) del laberinto.

• Jhon James

★★★ Watched by Jhon James 28 Feb, 2015

Found footage que acude a todos los clichés del género y entrega una película regular con actores, historia y narrativa igual de regulares. Del elenco sólo destacan Sean Rogerson (como Lance Preston) y Mackenzie Gray (como Houston). Los personajes generan tan poca empatía con el espectador que simplemente deja de importar si mueren o viven para el final de la película (y gracias a lo predecible que es, todos imaginamos que van a morir). De hecho, esperaba con ansias que…