• Chrisw1878

★★★★½ Added by Chrisw1878

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

After recently reviewing "Extraterrestrial" which was made by The Vicious Brothers, I had to review the film that made me fall in love with their work. I know a lot of people find the whole Found Footage sub-genre to be boring and played out, however when done correctly it is terrifying, here is what I thought of the "brothers" directorial debut.

Opening up with Jerry Hartfield (Wilkinson) who is the producer of the popular "Grave Encounters" a paranormal investigation television…

• tobe_whooper

★★★ Watched by tobe_whooper 24 Jan, 2015

Very, VERY derivative of The Blair Witch Project.

cf. Every other BWP ripoff.

• Chris Alley

Watched by Chris Alley 29 Aug, 2011

By the time these lame hipster ghost hunters found some cool stuff I was so bored I could care less. Go watch SESSION 9 instead. You'll thank me.

• RobWilson

★★★ Watched by RobWilson 07 Oct, 2014

Seth is running from lights in the sky. Those lights chase him to his friend Mark's house. The lights take Mark. Seth & Mark's wife are living in the shadow of that incident. Two years pass and Mark comes back. He is...almost human.

This is a low budget affair. Most of the money was spent on the gore effects,which some are pretty good. The acting is fair at best. Director Joe Begos does not hide his love for John Carpenter's "The…

• Hayley

★★★★½ Rewatched by Hayley 25 Jan, 2015

I think I rewatch this too often. Is every two months too often? It feels like too often. How many times can I say "too often"?

• rlb4931

★½ Watched by rlb4931 23 Jan, 2015

I dig "so bad it's good films", but this got pretty boring.

• RonnieGardocki

Watched by RonnieGardocki 20 Jan, 2015

I feel like if you're writing and directing a movie as "The Vicious Brothers" you've already decided not to make a good movie.

• Luke Franklin

★★★ Rewatched by Luke Franklin 04 Jan, 2015

I first saw this film a couple years ago but I figured this was a cool one that Anna should see. I'd say it's pretty solid. For some reason it wasn't as good as I first remembered it though. Still a really solid, haunting movie.

• TheCincyKid

★★★½ Added by TheCincyKid

disarms us with a tongue-in-cheek vibe early on before becoming unrelentingly dark and scary

• Ky Sweet

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ky Sweet 10 Jan, 2015 10

The production design incorparated into a real supposedly haunted asylum makes this film look amazing. It fully draws you into the story. You feel like it's really happening. Granted there are some questionable speacial effects. Very well made just a solid low budget horror film that I love

• Preyesh Sankarparsad

★★ Watched by Preyesh Sankarparsad 31 Dec, 2014

The idea was.good: a film crew.wanting to make a reality show chasing ghosts, decides to shack up in an abandoned mental hospital for the night to make a food episode, bringing a few "extras" to make the place.seem more spooky, but what they get is not what the ever planned for....
    I enjoyed when the movie took a slightly more serious turn, but then, it started getting more predictable and want we've come to expect from found footage movies, where…

• Amara Hope Melechi