• Voina

★★★★ Added by Voina

A very interesting movie about the US misadventure into Iraq during the beginning of the campaign. Matt Damon plays a soldier in charge of a unit seeking the alleged WMDs that were the given rationale for invading Iraq, yet they are nowhere to be found. Soon Damon starts budding heads with corrupt superiors who have a agenda that is quite sinister.

• GoodBadAndOdd

★★★ Watched by GoodBadAndOdd 08 Sep, 2015

Decent thriller about the whole WMD mess. I wonder if any of this is true?

• Phips

★★★ Rewatched by Phips 05 Sep, 2015

Usually when I decide to rewatch films I try to make sure that I've allowed sufficient time to pass between the rewatch and the previous watch. If I don't, then chance are I remember so much of the film that the rewatch is kind of useless as I already know everything that is going to happen. I've seen Green Zone before but I remembered virtually nothing about it. One of the Bourne films was on TV the other day and…

• Robert G

★★★ Rewatched by Robert G 15 Aug, 2015

Put your fucking game face on!

• Sam Barnett

★★½ Added by Sam Barnett

The first R-rated movie I didn't have to sneak in to. Literally the only thing I remember about it.

• Momo_13

★★★ Watched by Momo_13 19 Jul, 2015

Well intentioned and well directed, Green Zone keeps a solid pace with the trademarked Greengrass look and feel. The pace is both its strength and its problem. Although the plot develops and continues at a rate that allows the audience to both keep up and stay engaged, everything exists to serve that plot and its agenda and that includes characters and their relationships. There isn't a moment for building interesting characters or motivations and those are the things that set this apart from similarly lean Iraq/Afghanistan films like Katheryn Bigelows' two Oscar baiting efforts.

• ShadetreeDad

★★★ Watched by ShadetreeDad 03 May, 2015

I'm pretty much down the middle with this one. While I like all the components, ideas, and agree with the concept, I was never really engaged. Unless you're really into pseudo war intrigue with an agenda, I'd stay away.

• panvaneer

★★½ Watched by panvaneer 20 May, 2011

An attempt to make sense of the war on terror, possible leftist bias doesn't stop adequate action sequences.

• kyri

★★★ Watched by kyri 02 Jun, 2015

the story of how , allegedly, the us people figured out the obvious, that there were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

Well executed, but naive and overly political.

• Xplodera

★★★ Watched by Xplodera 25 Apr, 2015

“How does someone like you write something that's not true?”

About 10-15 minutes into Green Zone, a soldier - after discovering that the supposed weapon storage was false - says: “this doesn't look like weapons of mass-destruction” and encapsulates the entire movie. The problem is that the one little line that's a blatantly obvious gibe to USA:s search for weapons of mass-destruction in Iraq tells exactly what the rest of the movie will be about. What then follows in the…

• Zé Walderico

★★★ Added by Zé Walderico

Muitas vezes o filme faz história. Nesse caso a história virou filme. Tem tudo menos ficção.

• billrob23

★★★½ Watched by billrob23 05 Apr, 2015

Well crafted storytelling. Feels important. Based on a true story it tells the tale of a US GI looking for WMD's in Bagdad. When he discovers that there are no WMD's, he goes on a mission to prove it.

The Writer, Brian Helgeland is one of my favorite storytellers in Hollywood, having directed one of my favorite films, the Mel Gibson picture; Payback. Helgeland is also famous for learning at the feet of Richard Donner, writing L.A. Confidential and having…