• Robert G

★★★ Rewatched by Robert G 15 Aug, 2015

Put your fucking game face on!

• Sam Barnett

★★½ Added by Sam Barnett

The first R-rated movie I didn't have to sneak in to. Literally the only thing I remember about it.

• Momo_13

★★★ Watched by Momo_13 19 Jul, 2015

Well intentioned and well directed, Green Zone keeps a solid pace with the trademarked Greengrass look and feel. The pace is both its strength and its problem. Although the plot develops and continues at a rate that allows the audience to both keep up and stay engaged, everything exists to serve that plot and its agenda and that includes characters and their relationships. There isn't a moment for building interesting characters or motivations and those are the things that set this apart from similarly lean Iraq/Afghanistan films like Katheryn Bigelows' two Oscar baiting efforts.

• ShadetreeDad

★★★ Watched by ShadetreeDad 03 May, 2015

I'm pretty much down the middle with this one. While I like all the components, ideas, and agree with the concept, I was never really engaged. Unless you're really into pseudo war intrigue with an agenda, I'd stay away.

• panvaneer

★★½ Watched by panvaneer 20 May, 2011

An attempt to make sense of the war on terror, possible leftist bias doesn't stop adequate action sequences.

• kyri

★★★ Watched by kyri 02 Jun, 2015

the story of how , allegedly, the us people figured out the obvious, that there were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

Well executed, but naive and overly political.

• Xplodera

★★★ Watched by Xplodera 25 Apr, 2015

“How does someone like you write something that's not true?”

About 10-15 minutes into Green Zone, a soldier - after discovering that the supposed weapon storage was false - says: “this doesn't look like weapons of mass-destruction” and encapsulates the entire movie. The problem is that the one little line that's a blatantly obvious gibe to USA:s search for weapons of mass-destruction in Iraq tells exactly what the rest of the movie will be about. What then follows in the…

• Zé Walderico

★★★ Added by Zé Walderico

Muitas vezes o filme faz história. Nesse caso a história virou filme. Tem tudo menos ficção.

• billrob23

★★★½ Watched by billrob23 05 Apr, 2015

Well crafted storytelling. Feels important. Based on a true story it tells the tale of a US GI looking for WMD's in Bagdad. When he discovers that there are no WMD's, he goes on a mission to prove it.

The Writer, Brian Helgeland is one of my favorite storytellers in Hollywood, having directed one of my favorite films, the Mel Gibson picture; Payback. Helgeland is also famous for learning at the feet of Richard Donner, writing L.A. Confidential and having…

• Panta Oz

★★★ Added by Panta Oz

This was British-French-American war thriller film directed by Paul Greengrass which storyline was conceived from a screenplay written by Brian Helgeland, based on a 2006 non-fiction book Imperial Life in the Emerald City by journalist Rajiv Chandrasekaran. The original book meticulously documented life within the Green Zone in Baghdad during the invasion!

The story is introducing us top the key players General Mohammed Al-Rawi (Yigal Naor), who is hiding in Baghdad during the invasion of Iraq and U.S. Army Chief…

• Wayne

★★½ Watched by Wayne 25 Mar, 2015

A forgettable, dull and lifeless thriller. As a huge fan of the Bourne films, Matt Damon and director Paul Greengrass, i expected so much more from this. Matt Damon is good as is Greg Kinnear but the movie overall is almost instantly forgettable. Really hate seeing all these disappointing movies lately.

• Stigander

★★★½ Watched by Stigander 25 Feb, 2015

Skriver dette to veker etter eg såg filmen, litt forvirra over at eg ikkje huska å få ned tankane mine om han. Hovedinntrykket: Solid, spennande film laga med integriteten og virkelighetsnærheten for å framstille det heile som ein avslørande dokumentar. Som ein thriller fungerer den også ganske godt. Risting av kamera er eit minus.