• Chris Drake

★½ Added by Chris Drake

Redbox failed me in finding a good film.

• KMOKLER

★★ Added by KMOKLER

I'm a big Matt Damon fan and Green zone gives him another time to do another great performance but because you don't care for the characters and there's overuse of shaky cam that makes you dizzy by the end of the movie it just leaves you feeling exhausted.

• caveman298

★★★½ Watched by caveman298 14 Sep, 2014

A great military action/thriller.

• InSession Film

★★★½ Watched by InSession Film 01 Sep, 2014

This isn't Paul Greengrass' most received film, but I thought it was thirlling, well acted and explored some interesting ideas. It may lean on your political views a little bit, especially with how the story plays out near the end, but still an engaging film that I enjoyed.

• Cinemole

★★★ Watched by Cinemole 04 Sep, 2014

Far more engaging than I thought it would be, just not as tense or gripping as it needs to be. We know there are no WMD's, from both real life and the first 10 minutes informing us, making it problematic on a narrative level. Luckily, Paul Greengrass is as visceral as filmmakers come, ensuring it is at least a visual spectacle. A noble failure.

• Mandalorian

★★★½ Added by Mandalorian

I don't quite know how to sum Green Zone up. It's not a bad movie by any means, but I don't think I could recommend it to everyone either. Green Zone marks the third collaboration of director Paul Greengrass and Matt Damon. The two of them are responsible for two of my favorite films, The Bourne Supremacy and The Bourne Ultimatum. It's safe to say they know each other well. Greengrass has made his position on the 9/11 conspiracy crystal…

• sho_chan0319

★★★½ Rewatched by sho_chan0319 19 Mar, 2010

Great action/thriller movie.

• Ruth

★★★ Watched by Ruth 28 Jul, 2014 2

Competently directed by Greengrass, enough to slot in seamlessly with the rest of his 21st century oeuvre. Matt Damon as with the Bourne films is well cast and certainly brings it.

However, when you are willing to advertise your film with a blurring of the lines between fiction and reality, and present an already controversial story with a new level of misleading controversy, you'll be marked down. A lot of elements here don't work at all in terms of realism,…

• André Belo

★★★★ Watched by André Belo 11 Aug, 2014

There was a lie, told and spread by the Bush Administration after the events of September 11, 2001, which was part of a military intervention in Iraq. This fine film by Paul Greengrass exposes some part of the conspiracy that carried out that same intervention, under false pretenses. Once again, the Greengrass/Damon partnership works nicely.

• Ryan Abbott

★½ Watched by Ryan Abbott 17 Jan, 2014

The "Green Zone" I personally have to say that this movie was trying to aggravate me with shaking cam throughout the whole movie. Plus, some slow parts that will make anyone lose interest. The performances, directing were okay. The score is good. And the effects are outstanding. "I'm raving that this movies is so absurd it's unreal!!!"

• MatthewLB

★★★ Watched by MatthewLB 30 Jul, 2014

Matt Damon plays a U.S. officer looking for the truth in Iraq. When faulty information and the failure of covert operations uncover a different truth, he goes rogue, hoping to track down the truth on his own. I always have a thing about Paul Greengrass movies and that is that look and the feel of it, and what I mean about that is his movies always have that this is happen and it is bad like his other films and…

• Amy Ashdown

★★★½ Watched by Amy Ashdown 20 Jul, 2014

Paul Greengrass is no doubt talented at amping up suspense and thrills, and in Green Zone he more or less succeeds. However, the dialogue is uninspiring and the characters are two-dimensional. I also feel that Greengrass doesn't go far enough into the conspiracy behind WMD (or lack thereof) in Iraq. It feels a bit safe. Green Zone builds to a nice conclusion and runs along at a good pace despite its 2hr running time, but something just didn't click for me. Jason Isaacs' facial hair should have won awards.