• Jaume Vaquer

★★★ Watched by Jaume Vaquer 24 Nov, 2014

Aunque está lejos de los otros trabajos de Greengrass con Damon en la saga de Jason Bourne, reconozco que me he divertido con esta mezcla de cine bélico moderno y thriller conspiranoico setentero.
    Y aplaudo la clara postura crítica sobre las armas de destrucción masiva en Irak y cómo se ha evitado al máximo posible los maniqueísmos, mostrando americanos buenos y malos e iraquís buenos y malos. Realmente no me lo esperaba.

• Matthew Wooldridge

★★★★ Watched by Matthew Wooldridge 10 Apr, 2010

Greengrass covers Iraq beautifully, giving us a full and detailed picture of the location more so than any other middle-east movie produced by Hollywood that I’ve seen in recent years. And that's probably because of the $100M budget he got. Good to see he used the money up well since he won't be given that much money to play with again (unless it's for Bourne 4). Anyway, not only did I love this movie for its style, but I also…

• csducate

★★★½ Watched by csducate 12 Nov, 2014

The Green Zone is far from a cinematic masterpiece, but it tells an important story in a good way. Based far too closely on a real story, Green Zone tells the story of the USA's "search" for WMD's.

One of the film's undeniable shining successes was giving a voice to the Iraqi people through Freddie, a local civilian who gets caught up in the search and begins assisting the military. What makes Freddie unique is his continual critique of the…

• Iestyn Lloyd

★★★★ Added by Iestyn Lloyd

Unbelievable that this is based on a non fiction book. Let's face it, the world is fucked with such corrupt people in power everywhere.

• Adrian Zachow

★★★ Watched by Adrian Zachow 27 Jun, 2010

This plays out like a fine thriller (read often intense and exciting), but I'm yet to see a film on Iraq that will present the Iraqi people and the backdrop with more humanity.

• James Healey

★★★½ Watched by James Healey 18 Jun, 2014

Nothing special. Not sure what the big deal about the camerawork is about though

• Michael "PhantomKnight" Dennos

★★★★½ Rewatched by Michael "PhantomKnight" Dennos 07 Nov, 2014

Wow -- A LOT better than I remember. As an action film, Green Zone is pretty impeccably-made. There's not one slow or boring moment in the entire thing; once it begins, this thing almost literally hits the ground running and never lets up. Paul Greengrass cements his status as a great action director with this film; it takes true talent to make a film like this that constantly moves and always has a feeling of urgency to o it while…

• Chris Drake

★½ Added by Chris Drake

Redbox failed me in finding a good film.

• KMOKLER

★★ Added by KMOKLER

I'm a big Matt Damon fan and Green zone gives him another time to do another great performance but because you don't care for the characters and there's overuse of shaky cam that makes you dizzy by the end of the movie it just leaves you feeling exhausted.

• caveman298

★★★½ Watched by caveman298 14 Sep, 2014

A great military action/thriller.

• InSession Film

★★★½ Watched by InSession Film 01 Sep, 2014

This isn't Paul Greengrass' most received film, but I thought it was thirlling, well acted and explored some interesting ideas. It may lean on your political views a little bit, especially with how the story plays out near the end, but still an engaging film that I enjoyed.

• Cinemole

★★★ Watched by Cinemole 04 Sep, 2014

Far more engaging than I thought it would be, just not as tense or gripping as it needs to be. We know there are no WMD's, from both real life and the first 10 minutes informing us, making it problematic on a narrative level. Luckily, Paul Greengrass is as visceral as filmmakers come, ensuring it is at least a visual spectacle. A noble failure.