• NewOrder

38 Metacritic

Movies {Z/1}

• Brian Hann

★★★★½ Added by Brian Hann

What Jason Bourne and Director did next!

Paul Greengrass once again directs Matt Damon in an action movie. The story centres around the hunt for weapons of mass destruction in the aftermath of the Iraq war.

Great movie

• ejdzsin

★★★½ Watched by ejdzsin 30 Apr, 2012

Állítólag láttam... megnézve a trailert azt se tudom mi ez.

• Lucas Howe

★★½ Watched by Lucas Howe 03 Feb, 2015

I thought Matt Damon would make Green Zone worthwhile, but I ended up being pretty disappointed. While it wasn't bad, the film just suffered from too many mediocre set pieces.

The plot was too muddled and filled with contrived, political agendas and there really wasn't a scene that I felt was remotely noteworthy over another. Not to mention the camera work was pretty terrible. At times it felt like I was watching a found footage film or something. I don't…

• Joel Lake

★★★½ Watched by Joel Lake 22 Jan, 2015

Paul Greengrass and Matt Damon join forces in a film that is shot so well in the handheld cinematic style that made him so popular, Matt Damon's powerful performance that brings out a lot of intensity and emotion in his acting style, but ultimately failing due to a very cliche storyline that fails to surprise at all-all the turns of the plot are known far in advance.
    A good film but it fails to really capture the deep political repercussions…

• Joyce Heinen

★★★ Watched by Joyce Heinen 07 Jan, 2015

Discovering covert and faulty intelligence causes U.S. Army officer Miller (Matt Damon) to go rogue as he hunts for Weapons of Mass Destruction in an unstable region.

Review: We follow Chief Warrant Officer Miller, an American officer who leads a team whose task is to track down weapon of mass destruction. The information the team has seems more and more unreliable.

Miller is a loyal soldier that was send into war for the wrong reasons. Based on his ideals he…

• funsohng

Watched by funsohng 21 Dec, 2014

A serviceable thriller marred by oversimplification of the subject matter, painfully blatant symbolism, and overall extremely uninteresting characters; the film tries to balance between its social responsibility and its identity as a summer blockbuster, but succeeds at neither.

• joelhwa

★★★½ Watched by joelhwa 30 Jun, 2010

7/10: Gripping action and engaging storyline! This political Iraqi war thriller will keep you at the edge of your seat throughout. Would prefer if director Greengrass do away with hand-held camera though.

• Joseph Henderson

★★ Watched by Joseph Henderson 09 Dec, 2014

Its heart is in the right place, and thematically it's relatively brave if a little predictable.

It gets all actiony and incomprehensible, and as a result, boring in the final third.

Cast under perform. Damon is bland. Gleeson can't do an American accent.

Like other Greengrass films, the concept is strong but characters are two dimensional and aren't engaging. Disappointingly his usually masterful manipulation of his audience's heart rate is poor here.

Not a great effort in any respect.

• Jaume Vaquer

★★★ Watched by Jaume Vaquer 24 Nov, 2014

Aunque está lejos de los otros trabajos de Greengrass con Damon en la saga de Jason Bourne, reconozco que me he divertido con esta mezcla de cine bélico moderno y thriller conspiranoico setentero.
    Y aplaudo la clara postura crítica sobre las armas de destrucción masiva en Irak y cómo se ha evitado al máximo posible los maniqueísmos, mostrando americanos buenos y malos e iraquís buenos y malos. Realmente no me lo esperaba.

• Matt Wooldridge

★★★★ Watched by Matt Wooldridge 10 Apr, 2010

Greengrass covers Iraq beautifully, giving us a full and detailed picture of the location more so than any other middle-east movie produced by Hollywood that I’ve seen in recent years. And that's probably because of the $100M budget he got. Good to see he used the money up well since he won't be given that much money to play with again (unless it's for Bourne 4). Anyway, not only did I love this movie for its style, but I also…

• csducate

★★★½ Watched by csducate 12 Nov, 2014

The Green Zone is far from a cinematic masterpiece, but it tells an important story in a good way. Based far too closely on a real story, Green Zone tells the story of the USA's "search" for WMD's.

One of the film's undeniable shining successes was giving a voice to the Iraqi people through Freddie, a local civilian who gets caught up in the search and begins assisting the military. What makes Freddie unique is his continual critique of the…