• Neal Lorenson

★★★★½ Watched by Neal Lorenson 22 Apr, 2014

Timothy Treadwell was so passionate about protecting bears, and wildlife. While I think he had to be a little bit crazy for trusting dangerous bears, he died doing what he truly loved. If only we could all be so lucky.

• Elijah Davidson

★★★★ Watched by Elijah Davidson 21 Apr, 2014

"In the faces of the bears, I see only the overwhelming indifference of nature.”

• Bryan Colley

★★★★ Added by Bryan Colley

A terrific doc with a central character more fascinating than anything an actor could phony up. He could be Owen Wilson's brother.

• Chevalier

★★★★ Added by Chevalier

Herzog approaches the material not as a freak show, but from the perspective of a director who has found amazing footage of wild life in their natural habitat. In the process we also find about our strange main character, and his peculiar way of life. But once more, Herzog doesn't ask for any pity, he wants to explore this fascinating story along with us. A true lesson of darkness.

• wilchea

★★★★★ Added by wilchea

I know bears, a lot more than the expert depicted here, but then you will see that MOST people have a better sense of self preservation around any wild animal than this guy. Unbelievable...but true. Fascinating. Riviting. Crazy!!!

• DaveJackson

★★★★★ Watched by DaveJackson 26 Mar, 2006

Final day of the MGM/ABC/Odeon Swiss Centre/Wardour St... whatever it was called at a given time. People were taking down curtains and signs from the walls. Sad times.

• Algitya Pratomo

★★★★½ Added by Algitya Pratomo

Nothing is expected when Herzog embodied it.

• Cityzen Kano

★★★½ Watched by Cityzen Kano 01 Apr, 2014 14

As Herzog rightly asserts toward the end of his documentary, Timothy Treadwell's footage captured across 13 summers living amongst wild bears, reflected more of himself than any of the animals he revered so much. The 100 hours that Herzog has access to is a gold mine of human psychology, a man on his own, with a camera, with acres of time on his hands.

In typical Herzog style, he uses his feature film making skill to build a story around…

• Adam Baillargeon

★★★★ Watched by Adam Baillargeon 31 Mar, 2014

Herzog manages to highlight both Treadwell's highest and lowest points, while at the same time refusing to pressure the viewer into feeling any certain type of way about him. The way that Treadwell's footage is presented offers the viewer the opportunity to soak it in and form a unique opinion of Treadwell as a person and as an amateur filmmaker. Herzog's narration is different from what one would expect, acting more like a viewing companion as opposed to some omniscient…

• carolsneves

★★★★ Added by carolsneves

hipnotizante

• Dnl Crnll

★★★½ Added by Dnl Crnll

The big question is will they ever release the audio of Timothy Treadwell and his girlfriend being consumed by a hungry bear?

• Louie Schuth

★★★★½ Watched by Louie Schuth 27 Mar, 2014

I was really affected by this documentary. At the beginning, it's really easy to laugh at (certainly not with) bear enthusiast Timothy Treadwell. But as Herzog's documentary unfolds, whatever may be different about Treadwell no longer matters; it becomes easy to understand him.

A