• Joyce Heinen

★★★½ Watched by Joyce Heinen 07 Feb, 2016

Film # 7 of the "Scavenger Hunt # 10" Challenge
    Task # 27: A documentary about a celebrity
    letterboxd.com/joyceheinen/list/scavenger-hunt-february-2016/ ___________________________________________________________________
    For thirteen years Timothy Treadwell spend his summers in the wilderness of Alaska, among a group of grizzly bears. The last five years he brought a camera, to document the behavior of the bears and himself. Timothy wanted to protect the bears, wanted to show the world how beautiful they are. In October 2003 they found his remains inside the…

• _Lili_

Watched by _Lili_ 01 Feb, 2016

I love to listen to Werner Herzog talk but this is so uncomfortable in places it's almost unwatchable.

• Han1981

★★★★ Watched by Han1981 01 Feb, 2016

A grizzly ain't nuttin' tha f.. with!

• Crystal

★★★½ Watched by Crystal 23 Oct, 2008

Intense and fascinating but not anything I'm in a rush to watch again.

• Lara R.

Watched by Lara R. 28 Jan, 2016

Incrível.

• jto111

★★★★½ Added by jto111

Another dark and engrossing documentary from director Werner Herzog.

• uhhhhh

★★★★ Added by uhhhhh

Enigmatic documentary about an enigmatic man. Crazy or just passionate?

• Brita

★★★★ Added by Brita

Whoa.

• soccerjulchen

★★★★½ Added by soccerjulchen

Super Doku und geniale Bilder

• Adam Ageli

★★★★ Watched by Adam Ageli 18 Jan, 2016

Powerful documentary from Werner Herzog about the fascinating story of a man who lived with bears over a number of summers. It explores his extraordinary interactions with the bears, how his troubled life may have influenced the infatuation he's developed for nature and the contrasting contempt he holds for humanity. It also considers the constant boundary that should be ever present between man and nature, something lost on Timothy Treadwell and the tragic consequences of attempting to integrate in the way that he did. It's an intriguing watch and well recommended.

• Eddie Baty

★★★★ Watched by Eddie Baty 30 Sep, 2015

I need to brush up on more Werner Herzog. I'm starting to understand what people like so much about him.

This movie showcased a real-life and incredibly interesting character. Some of the footage was even incredibly personal and some of the interviewed in the film shared some seriously heavy material with Herzog. It was an incredible inside look at this man's life and friends.

You find yourself on the side of the main character and yet still tragically and hesitantly critical of his naive optimism.

I went through a whole range of emotion watching this and was thoroughly entertained throughout. Highly recommend.

• James Whitelock

Watched by James Whitelock 15 Jan, 2016

I spent 103 minutes wondering why I was supposed to give a shit that this lunatic was killed by a bear. The entire film verges on mockumentary; in fact, it kept reminding me of the episode of The Office where Michael Scott goes out alone into 'the wilderness'.