• Heather Cain

★★★★ Rewatched by Heather Cain 15 Jul, 2014

Dvd
    Los Angeles

I could listen to werner say the word BEAR on a loop for years and be happy.

Aside, this is one good doc.

• releasethebats

★★★★★ Rewatched by releasethebats 15 Jul, 2014

One of the finest documentaries. Full of wonder and wonderful German accents.

• Anna

★★★★ Watched by Anna 15 Jul, 2014

Amazing documentary, Werner's can really make you feel a bound with each story that he wisely choose to narrate.
    The images of the bears, the foxes and the landscape of Alaska are breathtaking, and the love of Timothy Treadwell for these animals is touching.

• yurik09

★★★½ Added by yurik09

A gripping documentary with some extraordinary footage, a kind of documentary equivalent of "Into the Wild".

• Evan Rode

★★★★★ Added by Evan Rode

Combining, my favourite animals, with an amazing director and a stunning subject, this documentary is freakin great.

• Lobezno Estepario

★★★½ Watched by Lobezno Estepario 18 May, 2013

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• David

★★★★ Watched by David 21 Jun, 2014

Timothy Treadwell, fue un activista de la vida salvaje, el cual convivió durante 13 años con una de las especies animales mas peligrosas del mundo, los osos Grizzly. Este documental nos muestra mas de 85 horas de vídeo recopilado y resumido, los cuales documentan los varios años que Treadwell paso acampando en territorio de estos animales, para protegerlos, analizarlos y enseñar a la gente la vida salvaje de estas peligrosas criaturas.

Durante el documental, el famoso y controversial director Werner…

• Daryl

★★★½ Watched by Daryl 21 Jun, 2014

Timothy Treadwell; The Grizzly Man, is a man that many people would find it so easy to mock.

He was an obsessive, desperate man, that was clearly dismayed with humanity. The footage that he left behind is equal parts fascinating and unsettling. It is footage that needs the hands of a skilled film-maker like Warner Herzog to turn it into a cohesive movie.

It is cohesive, but sadly it's not that compelling. The footage is consistently mesmerising, and Herzog gives…

• RedDirect

★★★★★ Watched by RedDirect 16 Jun, 2014

Grizzly Man is a remarkable documentary about one of the most fascinating individuals I've ever known, Timothy Treadwell. Whether he's seen as a loon or a hero, his existence and life's work are filled with material for interesting discussion. Werner Herzog helps bring this story to life, but it could not exist as well as it does without the help of Treadwell's own documentary footage. For years, he filmed himself interacting with ferocious bears in the Alaskan frontier, preparing for…

• Mette Kowalski

★★★★ Added by Mette Kowalski

Gripping
    Movie

• jujulan carrington

★★★★ Added by jujulan carrington

Este documental sé los recomiendo es interesante y pueden ver la verdad del hombre y por supuesto de este tipo

• Ben Hynes

★★★½ Rewatched by Ben Hynes 03 Jun, 2014

Re-watched for a class I'm currently TA'ing.

An affecting reminder that, whatever our intentions may be, all of our relationships are first with ourselves, and that all of our geographies are imagined.