• GreatJobNoProb

★★ Watched by GreatJobNoProb 12 Dec, 2014

I guess this movie is not as much about a man and his bears as it is about a conflicted man and his troubles he is trying to leave behind. It is an equally tragic trail as it is sweet, but Treadwell doesn't come off as an interesting person. He either comes off as fascinated in bears or angry at the world, and there is difficult to find more about it.

That said, Treadwell at times knows how to compose a beautiful shot. An extra shout out to the scene after the two bears has been in a fight. An especially grand scene.

• Lee Howard

★★★★ Watched by Lee Howard 04 Dec, 2014 3

Note: First complete, continuous viewing (from start to finish) of this fascinating, harrowing and yet somewhat intangible and incomplete documentary about a tragically disturbed individual. Herzog's bread and butter that then :)

• ckocak

★★★★★ Watched by ckocak 01 Dec, 2014

Impecable, rico y sensible.

• McMac Henry

★★★★★ Added by McMac Henry

like a crocodile hunter but with bears and a better ending

• Vaishnav

★★★★★ Watched by Vaishnav 14 Nov, 2014

Stunned watching my first documentary of Herzog.. Feeling real heavy..

• Jack Rys

★★★★★ Watched by Jack Rys 01 Nov, 2014

This film of immense beauty and horror is indescribable with words. Herzog's narrative gives the film such depth and open interpretation of the character of Timothy. As a viewer, I have no clue how I feel about him. His love for nature, especially bears, was beautiful but he almost was on the brink of madness and stupidity. Almost as if he had a death wish. Very beautiful but chilling documentary.

• AlecinRealLife

★★★★½ Watched by AlecinRealLife 31 Oct, 2014

thank you Werner Herzog for confirming that nature is untameable and that we will all one day be consumed by the universe's indifference

• mdh

★★★★½ Watched by mdh 27 Oct, 2014

Sort of like if Travis Bickle bought a plane ticket to Alaska from Easy Andy and he was able to actually make his death wish a reality. A transfixing character study of deceptive depth that paints an astonishing portrait of identity, delusion, violence, communication, reinvention and self-stylization, mental illness, and outsider status. Treadwell's conflicting childlike wonder and naivete and true realization of the danger of his situation are mirrored by the film's approach, which alternates seamlessly between presenting gorgeous imagery,…

• Yany Lim

★★★★½ Added by Yany Lim

Grizzly Man is directed by the one and only, Werner Herzog. The film tells the life and death of bear enthusiast Timothy Treadwell. I especially enjoyed the scenery and interviews because those were pivotal moments that I could truly be at awe. Timothy clearly had a great passion for wildlife, it's just a shame he died before his time.

• Lynne Gee

★★★★ Added by Lynne Gee

Holy cow! This guy was nuts.

• Carlos

★★★★ Added by Carlos

• Dara Khan

★★★★½ Watched by Dara Khan 13 Oct, 2014

"Jewel, you must never listen to this."

That's Werner Herzog after instructing Jewel Pavolak, executive producer and steward of the footage that makes up most of Grizzly Man, to stop playing an audio tape of the death, by grizzly bear attack, of Timothy Treadwell and his partner Amie Huguenard. It is such a staggering moment of humanity that I unexpectedly burst into tears. Pavolak, long-time friend and colleague of Treadwell and also his romantic partner for three years, takes Herzog's…