• William Coomber

★★½ Watched by William Coomber 05 Aug, 2015

A good watch, interesting story.

• Degaré Moreau

★★★ Added by Degaré Moreau

I love Broken Social Scene.

• Warriors

★★★ Added by Warriors

we saw many picture of teachers with children and thier community, but this one is surprisingly good. Again with Gosling: he wasn't famous at that time, but he was and is a good actor!

• mfulton

★★★★½ Added by mfulton

A-

• Alex Vieira

★★★½ Watched by Alex Vieira 26 Jul, 2015

"Half Nelson" é o primeiro trabalho que chegou às salas de cinema dos jovens parceiros Ryan Fleck e Anna Boden, que anos depois realizariam o totalmente inspirador "It's Kind of a Funny Story". Elogiados pela crítica, os dois cineastas lançarão este ano para os cinemas "Mississippi Grind", filme já reconhecido positivamente em alguns festivais. Será estrelado por Ryan Reynolds, Sienna Millers e Ben Mendelsohn.

Na minha opinião, eu acho que temos aqui dois bons cineastas contemporâneos. Para além de fazerem…

• Concertina

★★½ Watched by Concertina 23 Jul, 2015

Sin trascendencia, no me molestó tanto la cara de nada de Ryan Gosling lo cual ya dice mucho.
    Tiene un soundtrack bastante bueno a mi parecer.

Ahora espero mi set de gifs de Ryan tratando de bailar.

• Para136

★★½ Watched by Para136 07 Jul, 2015

Ja, hm... Ich habe nichts erwartet und wurde doch irgendwie enttäuscht. Mir wirkte alles zu halbherzig und nicht zu Ende gedacht. Hätte ne Stufe intensiver sein dürfen. So plätschert nur alles so vor sich hin

• KMOKLER

★★★ Added by KMOKLER

Ryan gosling gives a fantastic performance in a movie where nothing else other than the acting really matters, it's pretty plain really.

• Erin Finnerty

★★★½ Added by Erin Finnerty

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

this is a good movie except, spoiler, there is a non-violent cat death

• mijagi

★★★★ Watched by mijagi 24 Jun, 2015

Ryan Gosling delivers a very authentic and moving performance as a crack smoking high school teacher who forms an unlikely friendship with one of his streetwise pupils. It's a gritty piece of social realism, maybe America's answer to Mike Leigh. I really cared about both characters, a tribute to fine acting and an intelligent, thoughtful screenplay. Half Nelson reminded me of Detachment - so if you liked that film then I recommend this. It's a challenging watch at times but…

• Thomas Flew

★★★½ Watched by Thomas Flew 14 Jun, 2015

As much as I appreciated the performances of Ryan Gosling and Shareeka Epps as Dan and Drey respectively, I was never knew where I stood with Half Nelson. At first it appeared to be another story of a good teacher fighting the system, but as Dan's crack addiction became more apparent, it was clear this was not the case. This film documents a desperate man stumbling through life who has found one person who he really feels he can help.…

• Aurora, I.

★★★★ Added by Aurora, I.

The first time I viewed this I immediately watched it again the next day. The chemistry between everyone is damn near perfect.