• breakerfall

★★★ Watched by breakerfall 10 Feb, 2015

Für mich ein wenig zu ruhig erzählt. Ein paar Szenen sind jedoch sehr intensiv und bleiben in Erinnerung. Trotzdem reicht hier einmal sehen für mich.

• Gorana

★★★ Watched by Gorana 08 Feb, 2015 2

Habe mir mehr erwartet. Ein bisschen nichtssagend und gewöhnlich, dafür ganz wunderbar gespielt.

• Amy Ashdown

★★★ Watched by Amy Ashdown 02 Feb, 2015

There are brilliant performances all round in this story of a high school teacher who becomes friends with a pupil after she discovers he is a drug addict. However, the film moves far too slowly and the ending is quite disappointing.

• Joshua Donaldson

★★★ Watched by Joshua Donaldson 24 Jan, 2015

Broken Social Scene scored it which is great.

• LorraineSovern

★★★★★ Added by LorraineSovern

An amazing film and fantastic soundtrack.

• rawrawr

★★★★ Watched by rawrawr 24 Jan, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

White guy == crackhead and teacher
    black young girl == clever

The girl sees the teacher smoking crack in school. So they share a secret and stay connected. Both have this bound and become friends in a weird way.

• Katie

★★★½ Watched by Katie 16 Jan, 2015

Motel scene made me squirm.

Gosling incredible as always.

Excellent soundtrack.

• feedingbrett

★★★½ Watched by feedingbrett 14 Jan, 2015

Review In A Nutshell:

I have seen a number of films that revolve around teacher-student relationships; exceptional ones include School of Rock, Garden of Words, and The Class (Entre Les Murs). Half Nelson revolves around this relationship but adds elements of drugs and role-modelling into the mix. It tells the story of Dan Dunne, a history teacher who has a drug habit that he cannot seem to shake off, despite multiple trials of rehab and other alternative measures; he states…

• anne_f_

★★★★ Watched by anne_f_ 03 Jan, 2015

Dan (Ryan Gosling teaches young teenagers history in an inner city school and coaches the school's basketball team. Drey (Shareeka Epps) is a one of his students, her mother works hard to provide for her family alone, her brother is in prison for drug offences. Both Drey and Dan are involved, to varying degrees, with drugs - she is being groomed by the local dealer to become involved in his business, whilst Dan is overfond of hard drugs as a…

• karlhorberg

★★★★★ Watched by karlhorberg 17 Mar, 2007

Ryan Gosling moved from heart throb to ac-tor in this film about a teacher who can't get rid of his demons.

• kungen

★★½ Watched by kungen 14 Dec, 2014

Moderate movie, falls under the category "watch if you got the time", not perticularily good, nor bad. Expected more from Ryan though, week story and it goes on and on and on...It´s like nothing ever happends allthough it does. Kind of boring I would say..

• Matt Newton

★★★ Added by Matt Newton

American movie-going audiences are secretly enamored by watching the implosion of others. We take pleasure in playing witness to the downward spiral of our fictitious other, knowing full well we can experience the ride from the comfort and safety of a darkened theater and that we can thank the heavens that, when the credits roll, we may retreat from the on-screen self through which we have lived vicariously, if only for a while. Half Nelson continues that long tradition of…