• nrbeaton

★★★★ Watched by nrbeaton 15 Sep, 2012

An excellent turn from Gosling anchors this thoughtful but sparse drama.

• Jack Godwin

★★★★ Watched by Jack Godwin 10 Aug, 2015

I thought I knew where it was going, but tropes are subverted and characters that seem to be set on a path don't necessarily go where you expect them to. One of the best things the film does is not make Anthony Mackie's character a villain, instead humanised both through balanced screenwriting and his natural charm. There's also a careful consideration and evasion of the white saviour narrative, which I thought would be a problem early on. Shareeka Epps gives a really understated but powerful performance, and I love that she gets as much screentime as Gosling

• William Coomber

★★½ Watched by William Coomber 05 Aug, 2015

A good watch, interesting story.

• Degaré Moreau

★★★ Added by Degaré Moreau

I love Broken Social Scene.

• Warriors

★★★ Added by Warriors

we saw many picture of teachers with children and thier community, but this one is surprisingly good. Again with Gosling: he wasn't famous at that time, but he was and is a good actor!

• mfulton

★★★★½ Added by mfulton

A-

• Alex Vieira

★★★½ Watched by Alex Vieira 26 Jul, 2015

"Half Nelson" é o primeiro trabalho que chegou às salas de cinema dos jovens parceiros Ryan Fleck e Anna Boden, que anos depois realizariam o totalmente inspirador "It's Kind of a Funny Story". Elogiados pela crítica, os dois cineastas lançarão este ano para os cinemas "Mississippi Grind", filme já reconhecido positivamente em alguns festivais. Será estrelado por Ryan Reynolds, Sienna Millers e Ben Mendelsohn.

Na minha opinião, eu acho que temos aqui dois bons cineastas contemporâneos. Para além de fazerem…

• Concertina

★★½ Watched by Concertina 23 Jul, 2015

Sin trascendencia, no me molestó tanto la cara de nada de Ryan Gosling lo cual ya dice mucho.
    Tiene un soundtrack bastante bueno a mi parecer.

Ahora espero mi set de gifs de Ryan tratando de bailar.

• Para136

★★½ Watched by Para136 07 Jul, 2015

Ja, hm... Ich habe nichts erwartet und wurde doch irgendwie enttäuscht. Mir wirkte alles zu halbherzig und nicht zu Ende gedacht. Hätte ne Stufe intensiver sein dürfen. So plätschert nur alles so vor sich hin

• KMOKLER

★★★ Added by KMOKLER

Ryan gosling gives a fantastic performance in a movie where nothing else other than the acting really matters, it's pretty plain really.

• Erin Finnerty

★★★½ Added by Erin Finnerty

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

this is a good movie except, spoiler, there is a non-violent cat death

• mijagi

★★★★ Watched by mijagi 24 Jun, 2015

Ryan Gosling delivers a very authentic and moving performance as a crack smoking high school teacher who forms an unlikely friendship with one of his streetwise pupils. It's a gritty piece of social realism, maybe America's answer to Mike Leigh. I really cared about both characters, a tribute to fine acting and an intelligent, thoughtful screenplay. Half Nelson reminded me of Detachment - so if you liked that film then I recommend this. It's a challenging watch at times but…