• Marie

½ Added by Marie

This film is too long. Will Smith doesn't do much for this concept. Which actually sounds cool until you've watched over an hour of this and yeah I regret it...It's a mess.

• ScarlettDubois

★★ Watched by ScarlettDubois 16 Oct, 2016

Damn, that tone shift was brutal.

• talisencrw (William Wood)

½ Watched by talisencrw (William Wood) 12 Oct, 2016

This started off with a promising-enough concept, but then flew right off the rails, and in its 92 minutes displayed to me everything that is wrong with contemporary Hollywood filmmaking. No one was on the same page, and all that was on the screen was that resultant confusion and mess. Ugh.

• DeFilmJunkie

★★★½ Added by DeFilmJunkie

• sharpratings

★★★★ Watched by sharpratings 30 Nov, 2009

IMDb Ratings: 6.5
    Why: Superhero who everyone hates
    Should: I would recommend
    My Ratings: 9 - #great
    Tagline: There are heroes. There are superheroes. And then there's...

• lily 👻

★★ Added by lily 👻

this movie is so disappointing because it strikes me as a good premise that was just overworked and cobbled together with other ideas to the point where it's just bland and unrecognizable movie loaf.

i liked like. the first 30 minutes. i like the idea of a superhero comedy where the main character is a lazy asshole. i would've loved the movie the first 30 minutes had me expect this would be.

the plot direction i was expecting (the…

• Zachary Kirkwood

★★★½ Added by Zachary Kirkwood

Surprised to see such a low aggregate score for this one. It's not great by any means, but at least it tries to do something different with the increasingly safe and rigid superhero genre. Outside of "I am Legend", this is Will Smith's best performance.

• Josiah Morgan

Watched by Josiah Morgan 03 Oct, 2016 2

cannot believe that will smith & peter berg accurately criticized The Marvel Cinematic Universe™ (2008 -> Ongoing) before the mcu™ even existed... there is a real scene in hancock where hancock (the main character if u didnt guess from the title) shoves one mans head inside another mans rectum and if that is not a very accurate depiction of mcu™-tier violence then i dont know what is

• msub

★★ Added by msub

I don't know why I saw this.

• Brendan Edwards

★★½ Watched by Brendan Edwards 23 Sep, 2016

Haha a superhero with a lot of issues and a bad attitude. Sounds like Deadpool and is up for a lot of fun. Well Handjob.... whoops sorry Hancock has its moments and does bring out some really funny sequences, but i have honestly seen better from Mr Smith ;-) For a nice night with my brother after not seeing him in 1½ months was nice to just chow down and watch this light and silly superhero film without having to bust our brains too much. Enjoyed it for what it is.

• Keith

★★½ Rewatched by Keith 23 Sep, 2016

Celebrating finally getting home after 4 weeks of traveling and looking forward to sleeping in my own bed for the first time in a month. My brother made us some dinner and we sat down and watched this together. It was his first time watching it and my first re-watch since seeing this back when it came out. It hasn't aged particularly well and has a number of issues, but without too much scrutiny, it is a fairly fun way of spending 2 hours.

• christianbale

★½ Rewatched by christianbale 15 Sep, 2016

I remembered this as really awesome. It really wasn't.