• cineedo
  • trigjosh

★★★½ Rewatched by trigjosh 15 Apr, 2014

Absolutely loved this ante-hero flick. Smith is awesomely funny as always, and is complimented by Charlize Theron and Jason Bateman (who's acting is aging like wine). A story about 'Hancock,' a superhero who is battling his own personal demons as well as his reception from others.

• AwesomeAverage

★★★½ Watched by AwesomeAverage 10 Apr, 2014

This movie was released at the wrong time. The summer of 08 was big for superhero movies like dark knight (best superhero movie of all time), iron man, hellboy 2, and the Incredible Hulk. So Hancock didn't really get the respect it deserved from critics.
    While the directing is not the best with its shaky cam. the performance given by will smith is one of his best, showing a transformation from loser to good guy. This is a different kind of superhero movie and for the most part I liked. It

• Luke Grima

★★★ Rewatched by Luke Grima 09 Apr, 2014

I haven't seen this since the cinema, but boy it looks dated so much for a recent(ish) film.

I've just been reminded (now that i'm older) its like a warped Arrested Development episode in regards to Bateman and Theron.

• Carlos Deleon

★★ Watched by Carlos Deleon 02 Jul, 2008

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Griffin Encinas

★★★★ Added by Griffin Encinas

A funny and original movie, as well as a good superhero movie. Will Smith plays a Hero? (Again) What better could we ask for.

• Stephen Mackintosh

★★★★ Watched by Stephen Mackintosh 02 Apr, 2014

I'm going to get some hate for this. But damn it I love this movie. I don't know if this is because it's about superpowers or because it has Will Smith but I think this film is awesome. The whole hospital scene gets me every time. Great movie.

• kellllsey

★★★ Added by kellllsey

weird unexpected plot twist

• Paul Wilson

★★ Watched by Paul Wilson 25 Mar, 2014

Great idea not very well executed with the story being all over the place while the film at times seems to have no idea what it wants to be. Story starts off strong but once hints at Hancock's backstory are laid out it never gets going again and ends up far too dull. The actions fine and berg does a good job with that but never seems to get anything from his cast, especially smith who seems a bit off.

There's a few decent laughs here and some cool sequences and ideas but sadly Hancock's too much of a mess to be anything truly memorable.

• Andrew Moore

★★ Rewatched by Andrew Moore 16 Mar, 2014

So much promise... and then it becomes a very typical action movie. Peter Berg does what he does well, but this could have been a great film with a more interesting director.

• Mason_Daniel

Rewatched by Mason_Daniel 09 Mar, 2014

Not only is this a colossal waste of potential for something outside the norm for superhero movies, but it's a top contender for the worst, most ill-conceived third act in the history of cinema. Knowing it was co-written by Vince Gilligan only makes it sting that much more, and makes me wonder if this was his payment to the devil for giving us Breaking Bad.

• smellsen