• MatthewLB

★★★½ Watched by MatthewLB 12 Aug, 2014

The story is about a cocky, looser like super hero who has been living under a rock lately finally brings himself back to reality when he starts dating the wife of his publicists. Much like like super man, he has super strength, super flying ability, and super intelligence. What he does not use is his heart. He has no motivation to continue to help the world until a special event happens. This movie started of cool with a drunk superhero but then the movie went soft and that's when it became unfunny.

• shieze

★★★½ Watched by shieze 04 Aug, 2014

I liked it.

• TONIHOOVER

★★½ Added by TONIHOOVER

Peter Berg is crazy. This movie didn't make much sense.

• Filmvsbook

★★★ Added by Filmvsbook

Re-watched and was pleased to discover it's still fun the second time. I like Will Smith as a douchebag.

• cronic

★★★½ Added by cronic

7/10

• Ben (Film Intel)

★★★ Rewatched by Ben (Film Intel) 10 Jul, 2014

"A key plot twist at the start of the film’s second half holds some potential, but Berg never feels at all sure of how to make it work, let alone fit with what he’s shown us during Hancock’s first half. The film becomes bogged down in rushed back story, fudged lore and bland displays of super power... It’s hard to see why Berg didn’t just stick with the great ideas presented in the first half of Hancock, which could easily have been expanded upon and developed into a self-contained story on their own". Full review at Film Intel

• Kelan Wood

★★★★ Rewatched by Kelan Wood 26 Jul, 2014 8

Somewhat of a flimsy and inconsistent script at times, but with a heart that's always in the right place, Hancock hits surprisingly hard in it's final scenes. The comedic moments aren't quite as on point, but the characters and story kept me through it. Definitely an under-apreciated flick.

• JG Still

★★★ Watched by JG Still 06 Jul, 2014

Passable fare with Smith playing against his regular type. Worth a look for the early scenes of anti-hero behaviour and some cracking lines delivered with relish. It loses pace in the final third, with a horribly miscast Eddie Marsan, usually so good, phoning in his comical bad guy.

• James Haves

★★★½ Rewatched by James Haves 10 Jul, 2014

Seriously, this would have made an awesome TV show. It's paced like a TV show, the character arcs would have worked better stretched out, and the backstory of who Hancock is could have made a great over-arc.

Unfortunately, it's a 90 minute film. Still, it's a pretty good 90 minute film.

Will Smith takes this role and completely immerses himself in it. He plays Hancock with gusto and total commitment. While it may seem like a comedy due to the…

• Maquina_Muerte

★★★½ Watched by Maquina_Muerte 10 Jul, 2014

Better than expected. It does lack a decent villain and there are some farfetched story ideas present here, but it was definitely entertaining as hell. What?! No-no-no, I didn't say 'asshole'. No really... I swear! I didn't say that. No come on, please don't- WOOSZZZZJJJJJJJJ

• SamRieck

★★½ Added by SamRieck

This movie totally had me for about an hour, but unfortunately it completely falls off the map in the last third.

• Fesapo