• Darcey Luttrell

★★★ Watched by Darcey Luttrell 31 Jan, 2015

Utterly hilarious but it also sort of snowballs and does not go at all where you expected it to.

• Nudeviking

★★½ Watched by Nudeviking 19 May, 2015

I am rather certain that I have already seen this entire "motion picture" in dribs and drabs, but am equally certain that I had never seen the aforementioned film it in its entirety prior to this very eve.

While I found the concept of the film in which a drunken, uncouth fellow possess the powers of a demigod to be quite charming, and was equally fond of Mister Jason Bateman's performance, the "motion picture" was ultimately something of a disappointment.…

• Justin Scott

★★ Added by Justin Scott

this was kinda funny

• Bill Cornelius

★★★ Watched by Bill Cornelius 25 Apr, 2015

This one was a curiosity for me. I liked the concept of an imperfect, drunken a-hole superhero. Sadly its execution is half-cocked. It's got humor, and emotion, and action, but it fails to fully shine in any of those areas. Ultimately it's a pretty "meh" film that's entertaining enough, but nothing special.

• Arf Ortiyef

Watched by Arf Ortiyef 25 Apr, 2015

excruciating!

• sschuster

★★½ Watched by sschuster 11 Jul, 2008

Honestly, there are things to like about this, just not enough.

• Song-ho Kim

★★★½ Added by Song-ho Kim

(2008년 6월 25일에 쓴 글)

수퍼히어로 존 핸콕은 LA의 골칫거리이다. 그는 주정뱅이인데다 성질도 더러운 민폐 덩어리여서 늘 트러블을 해결하려다 자신이 트러블이 되고 마는 인물이다. 그러나 우연한 기회에 바로 그 트러블 때문에 목숨을 건진 PR 전문가 레이가 보답으로 핸콕의 이미지 교정에 나선다. 핸콕은 처음에 실수도 저지르지만, 점차 시민들의 신뢰를 얻어간다. 그러면서 그는 레이의 아내 메리에게 눈독을 들인다.

여기까지는 전형적인 ‘윌 스미스 영화’이다. 실력은 뛰어나지만 반항적이고 타협을 몰라 주위와 마찰을 빚는 주인공 스미스가 어떤 상황이나 집단에 좌충우돌하면서 적응하는 과정을 경쾌한 코믹 터치로…

• Chip

★★★★ Rewatched by Chip 18 Apr, 2015

I liked this movie a lot more than I remembered.

In terms of storytelling, this movie has an advantage over a lot of super hero movies - it's not an established property. The audience doesn't really know what to expect with the hero of Hancock, so the movie is able to shroud the origin story in mystery. Like Wolverine, he can't remember his own history. But his history is closer to Superman's. There's no super villain. A villain would only…

• Marna Larsen

★★ Added by Marna Larsen

Just didn't live up to the premise. I am strongly in the 'Kick-Ass is the only movie that pulled this off. Just stop already....' (Even with movies that technically came out before that).

Still. It seems pretty common that a bunch of like things all come out around the same time and this was just messy and half-cocked.

• David Gutierrez

★★½ Added by David Gutierrez

Its jokes are stupid, but Hancock is a well-intentioned action-romance movie with a decent rythm and some charm.

• Cactus Matt

★★★ Added by Cactus Matt

There are moments of assured delight, excitement and comedy that show the promise of a better film but these are almost entirely thrown aside for dour and dreary final act that almost undoes the good work of what came before.

• Jeremy Clark

Added by Jeremy Clark

I'm surprised at the level of disappointment I feel after watching Hancock. What could have been a great satire of the superhero genre is poorly executed with a flimsy narrative and janky special effects. It quickly becomes pointless, plodding and painful to watch. The more we get to know about Hancock and how he acquired his name and mysterious powers, the less entertaining it becomes. This has been cobbled together haphazardly in time to make money during the lucrative summer…