• Phil Sternwise

★½ Added by Phil Sternwise

This was half of a good idea, but they didn't bother making the good half.

• Silversaxophone

★★★ Watched by Silversaxophone 15 Dec, 2014

A misfit in comparison to the usual big budget superhero fare in that it's not part of a franchise or attached to a publishing house. In hindsight it seems more refreshing and less weird than when it was first released. An African American superman on the skids is still pretty much outside of the box even now, although superheroes of colour have started to creep toward the centre of contemporary stories. The Leaving Las Vegas vibe is kept fairly light…

• Han Solo

★★★★ Rewatched by Han Solo 08 Dec, 2014

This is only the 3rd time I've seen this movie and I liked it a lot more than the previous 2. I found it funnier and I liked the story more. And it's well directed too.

• Joseph Blackwell

★★★ Watched by Joseph Blackwell 06 Dec, 2014

This film has an interesting and promising concept that fails to find the right balance between comedy and drama and overall fails to be something beyond an average film.

• Freddie Bert

★★ Watched by Freddie Bert 05 Dec, 2014

This could have been so good! Why does it have to be bad. The concept is solid, there's some good action, but the last half of the movie especially is just all over the place. Motivations get thrown out of the window, the plot takes crazy turns, a billion different things get introduced, and you're left with this crazy mess of a movie.

I really like all the setup of this normal, asshole guy who just has these crazy god powers and then him going through an arc, but they messed it up so bad, it's really a shame.

• MadManWithaBox

★★★½ Added by MadManWithaBox

Well lots of people didnt like this movie apparently. But I did, its awesome, go and watch it. Will Smith is pretty funny in fact.

• David Gentry

★★½ Watched by David Gentry 27 Nov, 2014

Sets up very well but spirals in mediocrity at around the halfway point.

• Matthew Wooldridge

★★★ Watched by Matthew Wooldridge 01 Sep, 2008

This is a great action comedy that takes the piss out of superhero movies. Smith was great, but the biggest laughs were with Jason Bateman’s scenes. He has all the best lines. The action is good, not amazing, but Peter Berg makes it look slick. I hope this becomes a franchise property for Smith. It's a lot of fun and there's lots of interesting places it can go now that we have the origin story out of the way.

• Matthew Webb

★½ Rewatched by Matthew Webb 23 Nov, 2014

Everyone involved in this movie can do better so much better. It makes me sad that they all chose to stoop to these appalling levels.

• DirkH

★★ Rewatched by DirkH 23 Nov, 2014

One letter shy of an STD.

• Andy Summers

★★ Watched by Andy Summers 23 Nov, 2014 4

Let me start by saying that Will Smith is not my favorite actor. In fact he's not in my top 1000, but he certainly knows how to annoy the shit out of me and regularly ruins most of the movies he's been in that have interested me. I've never forgiven him for I Am Legend and what he did to Chuck Heston's Robert Neville character and I Robot wasn't much better. I continue to give him a chance though, but…

• mattsaponar