• Regis Trigo

★½ Watched by Regis Trigo 07 Nov, 2014

A premissa do anti super-herói, meio vagabundo, meio beberrão, é das melhores. Mas o que era pra ser uma simples brincadeira, perde-se num roteiro que se leva muito mais a sério do que o material permitia. Will Smith, de biquinho, está em seus piores dias; Charlize Theron e Jason Bateman, no filme errado. Fuja!"

• Daniel Mundell

★★★★ Watched by Daniel Mundell 20 Jan, 2015

She asked for my John Hancock, I though that's who I was

If Superman had an alcohol addiction, then this is the story that would unfold. This story has happened before in Iron Man, but Hancock recovered much faster, then had different problems to deal with. His weakness, which is ridiculous and hardly explained. Without a good explanation, the problem is handled well, and ended in a grand spectacle.

This is a really fun movie that I would not mind watching again. If Will Smith puts this effort into another comic book movie than Suicide Squad will be something fantastic.

• Jason MD-P

★★½ Added by Jason MD-P

I'm not sure how to rate this. It seemed like the plot changed focus about halfway through. I thought it was going to be a story about redemption, but then the train jumped the track and all of a sudden there was another superhero and hints of some complex mythology, which completely wiped away the complete effectiveness of the the first part of the film- namely that Hancock was learning the Spider-Man lesson (you all know which one I mean).…

• Emma Lane

★★½ Watched by Emma Lane 01 Aug, 2008

VL & CD

• Bruno Gonçalves

Added by Bruno Gonçalves

This goes into my long list of "awesome ideas for movies that somehow got screwed up and turned into a lousy movie"

The idea is cool. Man with superpowers feels like an outcast, have a drinking problem but keeps saving the city, because, well, he can. But his attitude gives him high rejection, for destroying the city on his way through.

Will Smith actually does a good job here as the main character.

The big problem is the story. Where…

• Seth Wood

Watched by Seth Wood 07 Jan, 2015

For a film made in 2008, the green screen looks like it's from the 80's.

• Tony Black

★★ Watched by Tony Black 06 Jan, 2015 2

It took what became Hancock over a decade to come to fruition, languishing in Development Hell following a spec script called Tonight, He Comes which was inspired by Superman & intended to inject a fresh new energy and take on the superhero genre, in an age before the current superhero dominance. Many well known names came and went - Jonathan Mostow, Michael Mann, both of whom remained in a producer capacity (and for Mann a cameo) - but after several rewrites,…

• Verena

★★½ Added by Verena

This is a very popular film i guess. But i actually found it very weird and couldn't take it seriously.

• Phil Sternwise

★½ Added by Phil Sternwise

This was half of a good idea, but they didn't bother making the good half.

• Silversaxophone

★★★ Watched by Silversaxophone 15 Dec, 2014

A misfit in comparison to the usual big budget superhero fare in that it's not part of a franchise or attached to a publishing house. In hindsight it seems more refreshing and less weird than when it was first released. An African American superman on the skids is still pretty much outside of the box even now, although superheroes of colour have started to creep toward the centre of contemporary stories. The Leaving Las Vegas vibe is kept fairly light…

• Han Solo

★★★★ Rewatched by Han Solo 08 Dec, 2014

This is only the 3rd time I've seen this movie and I liked it a lot more than the previous 2. I found it funnier and I liked the story more. And it's well directed too.

• Joseph Blackwell

★★★ Watched by Joseph Blackwell 06 Dec, 2014

This film has an interesting and promising concept that fails to find the right balance between comedy and drama and overall fails to be something beyond an average film.