• James Haves

★★★½ Rewatched by James Haves 10 Jul, 2014

Seriously, this would have made an awesome TV show. It's paced like a TV show, the character arcs would have worked better stretched out, and the backstory of who Hancock is could have made a great over-arc.

Unfortunately, it's a 90 minute film. Still, it's a pretty good 90 minute film.

Will Smith takes this role and completely immerses himself in it. He plays Hancock with gusto and total commitment. While it may seem like a comedy due to the…

• Maquina_Muerte

★★★½ Watched by Maquina_Muerte 10 Jul, 2014

Better than expected. It does lack a decent villain and there are some farfetched story ideas present here, but it was definitely entertaining as hell. What?! No-no-no, I didn't say 'asshole'. No really... I swear! I didn't say that. No come on, please don't- WOOSZZZZJJJJJJJJ

• SamRieck

★★½ Added by SamRieck

This movie totally had me for about an hour, but unfortunately it completely falls off the map in the last third.

• Fesapo

★★★½ Watched by Fesapo 08 Apr, 2009

72/100

• Kera-Anne Smeesters-Kirkwood

★★★★ Watched by Kera-Anne Smeesters-Kirkwood 21 Jun, 2014

the ending could have been better...

• addicted2dvd

★★★★ Rewatched by addicted2dvd 20 Jun, 2014

I remember the first time I saw this film I was a bit let down... not because it was a bad film... but because it just wasn't the film I expected to see going by the trailer. But on multiple viewings I found I enjoyed it much more without the expectations the trailer left e with. I will say that it went downhill a little towards the end of the movie. But for the most part I really enjoyed it.…

• Stephen

★★ Watched by Stephen 05 Jun, 2014 1

It's not really any good and I couldn't figure out why. Then I saw a writing credit for Vince Gilligan and I really can't understand it now.

• whitsbrain

★★★ Added by whitsbrain

"Hancock" wasn't a must see movie for me but it was better than I expected. Jason Bateman's portrayal of a public relations whiz that helps superhero Hancock with his image is funny and Will Smith's transformation from drunken misunderstood icon to beloved force for good is satisfying. Smith is his usual charismatic self and Charlize Theron plays straight man to Smith and Bateman's colorful personas. One of the movie's faults is the difficulty in following the action-effects. They are "Transformers-fast"; everything happens at such dizzying speeds its next to impossible to fully enjoy.

• Asko

★★★ Watched by Asko 28 May, 2014

Iako volim Willa Smitha i njegove filmove, Hancock sam uvijek preskakao. Iz onih par isječaka koje sam vidio sam sebi stvorio utisak da je ovo neka parodija na superjunake i previše neozbiljna za moj ukus. Konačno sam se natjerao da ga pogledam i čak mi i nije loš film. Ako ga gledamo kao akcijski film onda je loš ali ako ga gledamo kao komediju onda je solidan. Mnogo urnebesnih situacija sa Hancockom pružaju solidnu zabavu. Will je stvarno odlično utjelovio čovjek koji može sve ali je ipak utonuo u duboku melankoliju, pored njega kao i uvijek dosta rula Charlize Theron. Neloš film za "ubit vrijeme".

• TajLV

★★½ Added by TajLV

Unique twist on a tired premise. Superhero has powers, but isn’t very thoughtful in how he uses them. I liked this movie, although I thought the sub-plot about a centuries-old race of super beings detracted from the development of Hancock’s character. Not bad, not great.

(Note: I will watch anything Will Smith is in.)

• Ian Loring

★★★ Rewatched by Ian Loring 22 May, 2014

A promising opening act gives way to a film that literally becomes less interesting with every scene, ending with a lead who is entirely more bland than when he started.

• Daniel Charchuk

★★★ Rewatched by Daniel Charchuk 22 May, 2014

Blatantly atonal, but it's a helluva lot more interesting than most of the superhero shit we see these days. The third act is a complete mess, though.