• Ben (Film Intel)

★★★ Rewatched by Ben (Film Intel) 10 Jul, 2014

"A key plot twist at the start of the film’s second half holds some potential, but Berg never feels at all sure of how to make it work, let alone fit with what he’s shown us during Hancock’s first half. The film becomes bogged down in rushed back story, fudged lore and bland displays of super power... It’s hard to see why Berg didn’t just stick with the great ideas presented in the first half of Hancock, which could easily have been expanded upon and developed into a self-contained story on their own". Full review at Film Intel

• Kelan Wood

★★★★ Rewatched by Kelan Wood 26 Jul, 2014

Somewhat of a flimsy and inconsistent script at times, but with a heart that's always in the right place, Hancock hits surprisingly hard in it's final scenes. The comedic moments aren't quite as on point, but the characters and story kept me through it. Definitely an under-apreciated flick.

• JG Still

★★★ Watched by JG Still 06 Jul, 2014

Passable fare with Smith playing against his regular type. Worth a look for the early scenes of anti-hero behaviour and some cracking lines delivered with relish. It loses pace in the final third, with a horribly miscast Eddie Marsan, usually so good, phoning in his comical bad guy.

• James Haves

★★★½ Rewatched by James Haves 10 Jul, 2014

Seriously, this would have made an awesome TV show. It's paced like a TV show, the character arcs would have worked better stretched out, and the backstory of who Hancock is could have made a great over-arc.

Unfortunately, it's a 90 minute film. Still, it's a pretty good 90 minute film.

Will Smith takes this role and completely immerses himself in it. He plays Hancock with gusto and total commitment. While it may seem like a comedy due to the…

• Maquina_Muerte

★★★½ Watched by Maquina_Muerte 10 Jul, 2014

Better than expected. It does lack a decent villain and there are some farfetched story ideas present here, but it was definitely entertaining as hell. What?! No-no-no, I didn't say 'asshole'. No really... I swear! I didn't say that. No come on, please don't- WOOSZZZZJJJJJJJJ

• SamRieck

★★½ Added by SamRieck

This movie totally had me for about an hour, but unfortunately it completely falls off the map in the last third.

• Fesapo

★★★½ Watched by Fesapo 08 Apr, 2009

72/100

• Kera-Anne Smeesters-Kirkwood

★★★★ Watched by Kera-Anne Smeesters-Kirkwood 21 Jun, 2014

the ending could have been better...

• addicted2dvd

★★★★ Rewatched by addicted2dvd 20 Jun, 2014

I remember the first time I saw this film I was a bit let down... not because it was a bad film... but because it just wasn't the film I expected to see going by the trailer. But on multiple viewings I found I enjoyed it much more without the expectations the trailer left e with. I will say that it went downhill a little towards the end of the movie. But for the most part I really enjoyed it.…

• Stephen

★★ Watched by Stephen 05 Jun, 2014 1

It's not really any good and I couldn't figure out why. Then I saw a writing credit for Vince Gilligan and I really can't understand it now.

• whitsbrain

★★★ Added by whitsbrain

"Hancock" wasn't a must see movie for me but it was better than I expected. Jason Bateman's portrayal of a public relations whiz that helps superhero Hancock with his image is funny and Will Smith's transformation from drunken misunderstood icon to beloved force for good is satisfying. Smith is his usual charismatic self and Charlize Theron plays straight man to Smith and Bateman's colorful personas. One of the movie's faults is the difficulty in following the action-effects. They are "Transformers-fast"; everything happens at such dizzying speeds its next to impossible to fully enjoy.

• Asko

★★★ Watched by Asko 28 May, 2014

Iako volim Willa Smitha i njegove filmove, Hancock sam uvijek preskakao. Iz onih par isječaka koje sam vidio sam sebi stvorio utisak da je ovo neka parodija na superjunake i previše neozbiljna za moj ukus. Konačno sam se natjerao da ga pogledam i čak mi i nije loš film. Ako ga gledamo kao akcijski film onda je loš ali ako ga gledamo kao komediju onda je solidan. Mnogo urnebesnih situacija sa Hancockom pružaju solidnu zabavu. Will je stvarno odlično utjelovio čovjek koji može sve ali je ipak utonuo u duboku melankoliju, pored njega kao i uvijek dosta rula Charlize Theron. Neloš film za "ubit vrijeme".