• YoYo

★★ Watched by YoYo 01 Apr, 2014

Not as bad as I was dreading but I’d still never watch it again. It’s just to corny, and far from great like the original.

• barcalounger

★½ Rewatched by barcalounger 07 Mar, 2014

Be yourself.

There, I summed up the movie and could have had a 2 word movie review. But instead I'm going to muse about a tea party member accidentally stumbling on this kids movie indoctrinating the children with the message that the climate is changing in the antarctic. After their tea party head explodes from facts they will pick up the pieces and go on youtube comment section to post something about Obama or Benghazi on an unrelated video and we'll all be even stevens.

• Ahmad Bilal

★★ Watched by Ahmad Bilal 27 Feb, 2014

If you want it you must will it. If you will it it'll be yours

I wasn't particularly happy with Happy Feet (2006) and yet i had to watch the sequel, to finish what i started. Mumble the lead penguin from the first film with his partner Gloria have a kid Erik now, which doesn't share his father's Tap Dancing enthusiasm. Meanwhile there is a catastrophe which destroys penguins' homeland and traps them in a giant hole.

Now, here is…

★½ Watched by barcalounger 25 Jan, 2014

One big, fat, "meh".

• Quincourier

★★ Watched by Quincourier 09 Oct, 2013

Another one with incredibly fun visuals (Animal Logic's mastery of environmental animation blows my mind yet again) but catastrophically bad character direction. While the new penguin chicks are cute, you're given no reason to really care about them, same goes for the puffin. Ah well, pretty pictures, et al.

• Kristin B

★½ Watched by Kristin B 12 Sep, 2013

The first one was so cute. :(

• bennington13

★★½ Watched by bennington13 10 Aug, 2013

A surprising sequel to an underwhelming and dark original, Happy Feet Two deals with more of the same - namely the terrible fate being reaped by our animal friends thanks to Man’s propensity for wrecking the planet. Unsurprisingly it’s all a bit grown up for the wee ones, and tiresome for the grown ups because - let’s face it - there’s really no way to make light of mass extinction as a result of climate change.

Still, in among the…

• Ruslan Mavrodinov

★★★½ Added by Ruslan Mavrodinov

Exquisite animation, fluffy humor, vibrant set pieces, and a few moral lessons turn an otherwise linear, paper-thin narrative into a delightful family movie, while a stunning, tear-jerking showstopper of a musical number in the final act gives it the emotional punch it so badly needs.

• Jared Mobarak

★★ Watched by Jared Mobarak 12 Nov, 2011

• Kurosawa

★★★ Added by Kurosawa

Mediocre! But some decent voice talent - Hank Azaria - saves it.

• Jennifer

★★★ Watched by Jennifer 21 Jun, 2013

Not as good as the first film, of course, but still entertaining. I didn't like Sven, and when the kid starts his sad sad song I kind of wanted to tear my ears out (some stuff in this movie is a bit heavy-handed)...

But I really like the B story with the krill. It is so silly, and the krill are so cute. I definitely prefer the krill to the penguins in this movie.