• cronic

Watched by cronic 28 May, 2015

2/10

The first one was a bad film and this one is not better. I didn't like the visuals

• Mr. Knoll

★★½ Added by Mr. Knoll

There are flashes of the understated boldness that made the first film such a treat, notably in the way the plot is structured — but in the end, it feels airless, like a movie that had to be made no matter what.

• matt lynch

★★★ Watched by matt lynch 26 Apr, 2015 2

Like the first one, it mostly irritated me, but it's also just as deeply weird and ambitious. I'd definitely sit through a whole movie with Pitt and Damon as a couple of krill in existential crisis.

• Frederick Parra

Watched by Frederick Parra 11 Apr, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

La relación padre-hijo contada por pinguinos.

Más allá de eso, me pareció muy aburrida.

• Alan Castree

★★½ Watched by Alan Castree 09 Jan, 2015

Was kind of hoping this to be like Babe 2 where it was an incredibly underrated gem, but it wasn't. It wasn't bad, just felt strange. The concept of perspective that I liked so much in the first movie was really lacking in this one. Not that it wasn't there, it just felt like it wasn't done well... or forced. Also, the last third of them film was a real grind. How long did we need to fircking scrape at that block of ice?

Plus half a star for having a Janelle Monáe song in the credits.

• Panta Oz

★★½ Added by Panta Oz

Watchable... but only for people who just adored the first one!

For all others, this American-Australian 3D computer-animated family musical directed by George Miller, who co-directed the original film Happy Feet, could be, simply said, dull! No excitement and "mojo" like in the first one! The story of Erik, son of the penguins Mumble and Gloria, wasn't even close to the story of Mumble itself!
    This movie, like the first one, has the "global warming" message ... the impact on…

• murf

★★★ Added by murf

Aoibhe likes it :)

• Mike

★★½ Watched by Mike 20 Dec, 2014

So overstuffed, uninspired, and sloppy it makes me wonder if it was made solely to capitalize on the popularity of the first film. Very little about this feels thought out beyond pitch stage, as the returning characters and a few newcomers are thrown in the middle of another "save the village" plot with all the enthusiasm most reserve for laundry day. It's so rough that George Miller, typically a masterful visual storyteller, has trouble with basics like establishing geography, especially…

• Sarfaraz Abbasi

★★★ Added by Sarfaraz Abbasi

I found humor in this animation film to have won extraordinarily (especially the characters Will The Krill and Bill The Krill, voice-over by Brad Pitt and Matt Damon). However the plot of film is ordinary and not too convincing. It seemed as if much of scenes from its predecessor, were re-shot here. Definitely a film for only enjoying humor-filled scenes.

• joelhwa

★★ Watched by joelhwa 02 Jul, 2013

4/10: Heartwarming, and is helped with brilliant theme songs, great visuals, and the story between the two Krills are the most entertaining imo. One to watch with family.

• Adam Theeye Pittman

Added by Adam Theeye Pittman

My review -- this film is now at your local cinema, I have been thinking about this film in many ways since I have seen it, because this film is more aimed for younger patrons of the cinema. But with that being said I do have a couple of problems with this film, one being the genre of music and dancing, it basically revolve around pop and rap music, which I have no problem with that. My point is if…

• Count Rickula Sarcophagus

★★ Watched by Count Rickula Sarcophagus 27 Nov, 2014

Wooo special effects Ooooo. Ok I'm over it. Next!