• Keith

★★ Watched by Keith 17 Jul, 2015

More of the same. Some ok stuff, but unless you loved the first one, there is little here to win you over.

• Mira

Watched by Mira 22 Jun, 2015

this is simultaneously the best and worst film i've ever seen

• Wayne

★★ Watched by Wayne 18 Jun, 2015

An incredibly uncomfortable viewing experience. There's absolutely nothing original or inventive in Happy Feet Two, it's a predictable, dull and boring animated film with failed attempts at humor, a recycled plot and a message that is consistently shoved down the audiences throat. Brad Pitt and Matt Damon are able to save this from being completely terrible though even if there subplot is totally unnecessary.

• Adrian vom Baur

★★★ Watched by Adrian vom Baur 11 Jun, 2015

George Miller certainly knows how to frame a shot and how to stage an action sequence, but story-wise, this is an unfocused, meandering mess. A well-meaning, occasionally entertaining mess, but a mess no less.

• cronic

Watched by cronic 28 May, 2015

2/10

The first one was a bad film and this one is not better. I didn't like the visuals

• Mr. Knoll

★★½ Added by Mr. Knoll

There are flashes of the understated boldness that made the first film such a treat, notably in the way the plot is structured — but in the end, it feels airless, like a movie that had to be made no matter what.

• matt lynch

★★★ Watched by matt lynch 26 Apr, 2015 2

Like the first one, it mostly irritated me, but it's also just as deeply weird and ambitious. I'd definitely sit through a whole movie with Pitt and Damon as a couple of krill in existential crisis.

• Frederick Parra

Watched by Frederick Parra 11 Apr, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

La relación padre-hijo contada por pinguinos.

Más allá de eso, me pareció muy aburrida.

• Alan Castree

★★½ Watched by Alan Castree 09 Jan, 2015

Was kind of hoping this to be like Babe 2 where it was an incredibly underrated gem, but it wasn't. It wasn't bad, just felt strange. The concept of perspective that I liked so much in the first movie was really lacking in this one. Not that it wasn't there, it just felt like it wasn't done well... or forced. Also, the last third of them film was a real grind. How long did we need to fircking scrape at that block of ice?

Plus half a star for having a Janelle Monáe song in the credits.

• Panta Oz

★★½ Added by Panta Oz

Watchable... but only for people who just adored the first one!

For all others, this American-Australian 3D computer-animated family musical directed by George Miller, who co-directed the original film Happy Feet, could be, simply said, dull! No excitement and "mojo" like in the first one! The story of Erik, son of the penguins Mumble and Gloria, wasn't even close to the story of Mumble itself!
    This movie, like the first one, has the "global warming" message ... the impact on…

• murf

★★★ Added by murf

Aoibhe likes it :)

• Mike

★★½ Watched by Mike 20 Dec, 2014

So overstuffed, uninspired, and sloppy it makes me wonder if it was made solely to capitalize on the popularity of the first film. Very little about this feels thought out beyond pitch stage, as the returning characters and a few newcomers are thrown in the middle of another "save the village" plot with all the enthusiasm most reserve for laundry day. It's so rough that George Miller, typically a masterful visual storyteller, has trouble with basics like establishing geography, especially…