• TwelveDutch

★★★★★ Rewatched by TwelveDutch 14 Nov, 2015

Gotta love this motherfucking film. Gotta.

• Derenzo

★★★½ Added by Derenzo

I'll be at the Red Lobster, in case you change your mind.

• Be_Lan

★★★ Watched by Be_Lan 19 Nov, 2015

Film 18/30 of Scavenger Hunt #1!
    Task #27: "A film about a sport that you don't follow!"

“My girlfriend is dead you know” Best. Pick up line. Ever.

Happy Gilmore is a typical Adam Sandler movie, but with one of the least ridiculous plotlines. He has to play golf to win his grandma’s house back, which makes still more sense than many others of his works do.

It is one of the funnier Adam Sandler comedies, with some hilarious…

• honorsphysics

★★ Watched by honorsphysics 18 Nov, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Honestly, better than I was expecting. The ending was pretty uninspired, the gags were one-note, and the setups were pretty obvious. Happy was only likable in that he wasn't Shooter, everything was surface-level, and the camerawork was nothing to write home about. I disagree with the repeated use of a section of Tuesday's Gone.

• Peter Vaughan

★★★★ Rewatched by Peter Vaughan 18 Nov, 2015

I don't care what anyone says about Adam Sandler and his movies, this one never fails to make me laugh and feel good, everything a comedy should do.

• bhccorp

★★★½ Added by bhccorp

Rotten tomatoes' synopsis of the movie as saying something along the lines of, those who are fans of sandlers work will like it, and those who don't, won't. This statement is not totally true, and this is one of Sandlers best films. Not only is it creative, compelling, and have a great cast, but most importantly, it's a funny movie, which is an incredibly important aspect to a comedy. With this said, this movie doesn't have everything right. The villain,…

• BigBrizzy

★★★★★ Added by BigBrizzy

Watched 1000 times and will watch it again! Part of my everyday language comes from this movie in quotes. Love it!

• Benoit22

Added by Benoit22

thank you, mr. sandler

• Niva

★★★★ Watched by Niva 05 Nov, 2015

depois desse filme nao me admira que o adam sandler tenha sido a única escolha pra punch drunk love

• Adam Theeye Pittman

★★½ Added by Adam Theeye Pittman

My review -- this comedy/sports/romantic film title is showing on an Internet DVD rental and yes this project does have a solid profit margin of roughly $29 million. The basic plot is this, the audience meets Happy Gilmore [by the usage of slide-show] where he basically tells the audience the rest details of his upbringing and his inspirations for life. But the strange thing about life is you can never tell what is going to come around the corner as…

• michael hand

★★★★★ Watched by michael hand 23 Oct, 2015

This movie has it's flaws, for example the acting is a bit shaky but even when it is, it is done in such a way that it feels self aware. I wouldn't say Sandler did a great performance but I wouldn't say he did a bad one, he ways above average.
    This movie is pure comedy, I was laughing all the way through. If you have a remote interest or any knowledge in golf then this will be a must…

• Nathan Sizemore

★★★½ Rewatched by Nathan Sizemore 21 Oct, 2015

I liked this less than I thought I would. That's mostly due to the fact that for much of its runtime it's going through the motions of a walk-on miracle sports story. You can feel each beat in the script. There are a few fun details and cameos. And there's that Bob Barker fight. But much of the movie is fairly generic. You'd be hard-pressed to find a movie marketed to the same audience that's this sweet-spirited these days.