• Jesse Fisher

★★½ Watched by Jesse Fisher 24 Jun, 2016

I'm afraid it just didn't hold up like I hoped. Nostalgically, it's 3 and a half stars. But as a discerning adult, it lost a lot of charm.

• Cole Jackson

★★½ Rewatched by Cole Jackson 23 Jun, 2016

It's funny how this film is a landmark of Sandler, and yet it isn't even that good.

Some moments of genuine humour ultimately doesn't save Happy Gilmore from being shallow. Lots of jokes do not hit, even if you have your brain turned off like you need it to be to have any semblance of enjoyment from the film. There is a problem when the protagonist has more sexual tension with his grandma then his girlfriend.

(On a positive note, the scene with Bob Barker easily deserves 4/5 stars)

• Jesús Placencia

★★★½ Rewatched by Jesús Placencia 22 Jun, 2016

More than just decent. While there's some blatantly stupid jokes and I rolled my eyes at some during the first half-hour, by the end I found myself completely enjoying this. The best I've seen from Sandler.

• Michael Falconi

★★★½ Rewatched by Michael Falconi 22 Jun, 2016

I love the old dude that just seems to be everywhere, shaking his head in bewilderment every time Happy lashes out.

That rating is indicative of finding the film funny. I know it's really stupid, but Sandler's 90's films have always had a special place in my heart. I'll stop every time one is on TV and they never lose their goofy charm.

• firstdegreburns

★★★½ Added by firstdegreburns

Funny in most parts but now I have a phobia of alligators.

• Reilly Eddy

★★½ Rewatched by Reilly Eddy 18 Jun, 2016

One of the very few Adam Sandler films that I actually enjoy. Nothing makes me happier than seeing Chubbs Peterson play the piano in an all white suit while singing, "We've Only Just Begun". This film is a feel good experience for anyone who wishes to ignore the recent Sandler abominations

• Robert Parker

★★★ Rewatched by Robert Parker 12 Jun, 2016

Classic Adam Sandler

• Dirkk

★★★★ Rewatched by Dirkk 29 May, 2016

There was a time when Adam Sandler could do no wrong and during that time an extremely quotable movie came out that I enjoy more and more as the years go by. That movie is Happy Gilmore.

• tutsuo

★★ Watched by tutsuo 07 Jun, 2016

I expected the worst, and it was ok. Not the best Adam Sandler movie, but definitely not the worst.

• Gareth Bailey

★★★ Rewatched by Gareth Bailey 24 May, 2016

One of the few Adam Sandler films I actually enjoy, and shamefully have a guilty pleasure for, but this is one of his finer outings. Made golf not completely boring and a fair few quotable lines. Julie Bowen is almost unrecognisable if you watch Modern Family and then stick this one on! Nice little role for Carl Weathers in this one too as Chubbs Peterson the club pro. and of course the famous Bob Barker cameo, good to watch it while we still remember who he is!

• Ronin

★★★★ Rewatched by Ronin 20 May, 2016

"-Yeah, and grizzly Adams had a beard!
    -grizzly Adams did have a beard."

• BeachesandCream