• Jon LeGris

★★★ Rewatched by Jon LeGris 16 May, 2015

(5.8/10)

• MogulsReview

★★★★ Added by MogulsReview

One of Sandler's better comedies. This was his prime.

• Justin Scott

★★★★ Added by Justin Scott

don't watch this movie on mushrooms, otherwise great movie!

• Tasha Marie

★★★ Watched by Tasha Marie 13 May, 2015

I started out unimpressed after the halfway mark I got into it. Not as bad as I thought it'd be.

• Bradley

★★★ Watched by Bradley 03 May, 2015 2

Happy Gilmore takes us back to a time where Adam Sandler actually tried, and it seems he can be pretty funny when that happens. It's consistently funny and never unfunny in its jokes (the exact opposite of Sandler's films nowadays). The story is simple and fun, and has surprisingly memorable characters, with Carl Weathers being the highlight. Some of the stuff in this movie is genuinely hilarious, the bit with the crocodile is so very great.

However, its not a…

• TheGanzi

★★★★ Added by TheGanzi

My guilty pleasure.

• Rob Goddard

★★ Rewatched by Rob Goddard 29 Apr, 2015

I remembered this film as one of the few Adam Sandler films I enjoyed. Clearly I was young and stupid.

• BurtchJr

★★★★½ Added by BurtchJr

Best golf movie of all time, somehow they made a movie about golf interesting which is hard in my book. This is a funny classic where we can't forget Happy Gilmore getting in a fight with Bob Barker, one of the funniest fight scenes I have seen and will always be one of my favorites.

• bwoodrum

★★★ Rewatched by bwoodrum 23 Apr, 2015

This is stupid, awful, uninspired fun.

• Nik

★★★½ Watched by Nik 15 Apr, 2015

I've said it several times as an Adam Sandler apologist, but there are worse things than comedic movies about taking care of your family and believing in yourself to overcome the odds and defeat the assholes. It's a simple formula, but it keeps our toes tappin'. And if we were to take a poll, you'd probably have an even split between guys and girls about this or The Wedding Singer as their favorite Sandler joint. Because dues love golf and…

• Alexander Heff

★★★★ Added by Alexander Heff

A rejected hockey player puts his skills to the golf course to save his grandmother's house.

The Sand-man in his prime as yet another violent sociopath with a heart of gold. I loved this movie as child and I still find it incredibly funny. In no way is this a 'good' film but as a comedy you can't really fault it. Some of the jokes are really juvenile but I still find the majority of the gags are very well done and well written. An extra star given for the Subway product placement.

A sports comedy that churns out the laughs. BRB, going Subway.

• jonti

★★★★ Added by jonti

Ham acting and standard Sandler screwball shitheadery aside, I find it impossible to dislike this film.

Everything is just so loveable. The characters are sweet if a little over-painted, Happy is as innocuous an anti-hero as it's possible to be, the character dynamics aren't terrible, and the story is satisfying while requiring very little of our higher-brain functions.

Most of the jokes hit their target, and the comedic air isn't suddenly sucked out at any point, which is often a problem – well, one of them – with Sandler's films.

It's an easy, enjoyable watch.