• Elijah Fox

★★★ Rewatched by Elijah Fox 30 Apr, 2016

Happy Gilmore is about a failed hockey player who in an attempt to save his grandmothers house takes up golfing. The premise while stupid actually provides a lot of laughs, the wooden handed coach, the age care facility for which he has to leave his grandmother, some memorable quotes. It's not brilliant but it's one of Sandler's earlier, so therefore better efforts.

• Janis Devlin

★★★★½ Rewatched by Janis Devlin 22 Apr, 2016

I love this movie. Really funny. I still laugh the whole way through. Bob Barker.
    #shouldhavebeenonthesoundtrack
    Styx "Renegade"

• kingeasy

★★★★ Rewatched by kingeasy 20 Apr, 2016

It is always fun revisiting a classic comedy from the elementary years! A lot of the humour is juvenile and that works just fine. Beyond all the classic one-liners and the awesome characters of Shooter McGavin and Chubbs this film recalls a glorious era in which a movie could be less than two hours and still be enjoyable. Too many bloated comedies nowadays that need to shed about 30 minutes. This film is still funny as hell and is the perfect length.

• rossmclochness

★★★★ Watched by rossmclochness 18 Apr, 2016

The funniest of the sandlers

• Nathanial00

★★★ Watched by Nathanial00 18 Jan, 2016

6.0/10
    A hilarious Movie

• 0ona

★★★½ Rewatched by 0ona 14 Apr, 2016

"Good news everybody, we're extending arts and crafts time by four hours today!"
    "My fingers hurt."
    "What's that?"
    "My fingers hurt."
    "Oh, well, now your back's gonna hurt, 'cause you just pulled landscaping duty! Anybody else's fingers hurt?...I didn't think so."

I thought this would be a perfect film to watch post-surgery as I've seen this movie so many times I can quote from it and I hardly need to pay attention. Not to mention it has its funny moments and characters.

Guilty Pleasure from my youth.

(Don't judge me, David!)

• Ben Radetski

★★★ Watched by Ben Radetski 13 Apr, 2016

sprang break broke me.
    since then I can only watch easy stuff.
    help me.

• FranticMonkey

★★★ Rewatched by FranticMonkey 02 Apr, 2016

The subway sandwiches are cut like they used to be.

• PapstDaniello

★★★ Watched by PapstDaniello 30 Mar, 2016

+ Golfsport wird durch den Kakao gezogen
    + sympathischer Protagonist
    + zum Teil sehr witzig...

- ... zum Teil Slapstick
    - vorhersehbar

• Dersamou

★★★★ Watched by Dersamou 02 Jul, 1997

Rebellisch.

• MNMovieFan

★★½ Added by MNMovieFan

I must be one of the only people who doesn't like this film. Unfunny. I genuinely don't like Adam Sandler in anything that isn't Punch-Drunk Love.

• Matt

★★★½ Rewatched by Matt 28 Mar, 2016

"Oh look Happy Gilmore is on TV...I'll watch the first few minutes."

2 hours later.

"Oh look Happy Gilmore is ending, have I really been sitting here for 2 hours?"