• Benjamin Belfort

★★★ Watched by Benjamin Belfort 24 Jul, 2016

It's oh-so stupid, but I have to admit I thought it was at times really funny.

• firstdegreburns

★★★½ Rewatched by firstdegreburns 11 Jun, 2016

Funny in most parts but now I have a fear of alligators.

• Rhianna

★★★ Watched by Rhianna 24 Jul, 2016

Ah those were the days when Adam Sandler was funny and didn't make me want to hurt people.

• lolowned

★★★★ Watched by lolowned 24 Jul, 2016

Barrel of laughs

• Tom Murphy

★½ Watched by Tom Murphy 09 Jul, 2016

Failed hockey player Happy Gilmore (Adam Sandler) discovers he has a talent for golf. When his grandmother’s (Frances Bay) house is seized by the IRS due to her owing a big sum of money in back taxes Happy takes part in tournaments in an attempt to win money to save the house. Under the mentorship of former golf pro Chubbs Peterson (Carl Weathers) he gradually becomes more of a success and finds love in public relations director Virginia (Julie Bowen)…

• Euan Brown

★★★½ Rewatched by Euan Brown 06 Jul, 2016

One of the two Adam Sandler films that I really enjoy, the other being The Wedding Singer. It may be pretty low-brow but it actually has a lot of comedic ingenuity, and it consistently made me laugh throughout....even if it was at the blatant Subway sponsorship deal.

• Swatsniper1245

★★★★★ Watched by Swatsniper1245 28 Jun, 2016

Just tap it in!! 1st Sandler movie ever seen, crude but hilarious best golf related movie out there. keyword "related".

• hj_movies

★★★ Watched by hj_movies 28 Jun, 2016 1

I hate watching golf on tv though when it is  made into this I'm ok with it. Didn't like this as much as billy Madison though. 🏌⛳️

• Cas Lowe

★★★ Watched by Cas Lowe 28 Jun, 2016

"You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?"

• lstamp

★★★½ Rewatched by lstamp 25 Jun, 2016

Probably my favorite Adam Sandler movie.

• Jesse Fisher

★★½ Watched by Jesse Fisher 24 Jun, 2016

I'm afraid it just didn't hold up like I hoped. Nostalgically, it's 3 and a half stars. But as a discerning adult, it lost a lot of charm.

• Cole Jackson

★★½ Rewatched by Cole Jackson 23 Jun, 2016

It's funny how this film is a landmark of Sandler, and yet it isn't even that good.

Some moments of genuine humour ultimately doesn't save Happy Gilmore from being shallow. Lots of jokes do not hit, even if you have your brain turned off like you need it to be to have any semblance of enjoyment from the film. There is a problem when the protagonist has more sexual tension with his grandma then his girlfriend.

(On a positive note, the scene with Bob Barker easily deserves 4/5 stars)