• brando

★★★★★ Watched by brando 17 Jul, 2014

THE PRICE IS WRONG, BITCH

• Gaz Elliott

★★★ Rewatched by Gaz Elliott 11 Jul, 2014

As far as Adam Sandler comedies go this is passable...just. I'm not the biggest fan of his comedies. This & 'Anger Management' (2003) top the inexhaustible bunch.
    I'm much more of a fan of his serious films where he's actually quite credible - 'Punch Drunk Love' (2002), & 'Reign Over Me' (2007) for example.
    But this appeals to the masses & it's decent enough to sit aimlessly through, engaging in a few yuks without having to concentrate.
    I've got to be kind...I watched this right after Orson Welles' 'The Trial' (1962). Pearls before swine!

• mrbalihai

★★½ Watched by mrbalihai 10 Jul, 2014 10

Part Deux of The Great Drunken Baseball Bus Ride Review Fiesta (GDBBRRF).

Apparently, Adam Sandler kidnapped the Farrelly Bros. and forced them to write the screenplay for Happy Gilmore under a pseudonym, because that's the only way I can account for how shamelessly it rips off jokes from their films, especially the prosthetic hand gags from Kingpin. The fact that Sandler's character is totally unlikeable and irritating as fuck didn't help endear this to me either. Still, I've gotta give…

• hockeyfan15

★★★★★ Watched by hockeyfan15 07 Jul, 2014

I know it's a given, but I'm going to say it anyways; I'm a huge hockey fan. By saying this, I knew that I would enjoy this, but just how much would I enjoy it? From the perspective of a hockey fan, this is an extremely clever film. It's about a lousy, but strong hockey player who starts playing golf because he can hit the ball extremely well. It may sound simple and stupid, but it's hilarious.

Also, as a…

• Bludgeoner86

★★★ Watched by Bludgeoner86 05 Jul, 2014

Billy Madison was the movie that put Adam Sandler on the map. Happy Gilmore is the much Ballyhooed follow up. However, I never saw it in 1996 and I'm not sure it holds up today. I didn't find it particularly funny. A lot of vulgarity and violence. Happy likes to beat up anyone who upsets him and it happens quite often and wears out it's welcome quickly. However, I can always enjoy an underdog story and Happy Gilmore is just…

• Cody Wilson

★★★★ Added by Cody Wilson

"His bags are packed...why don't you send him home?"

• JacquesLEB

★½ Watched by JacquesLEB 03 Jul, 2014

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh

• Knox Gray

★★★½ Added by Knox Gray

The second best golf movie ever.

• GiddyNGleeful

★★★★ Added by GiddyNGleeful

A consistently funny Adam Sandler film. The planets have aligned.

• Sunrise

Watched by Sunrise 17 Jun, 2014

While Sandler and Herlihy’s agenda to depict the socio-economic coming-of-age lessons of the American Man-Boy has clarified itself over their expanding oeuvre, in this early venture there is a startling moment of poetic clarity when the film’s thematic message is effectively conveyed through the simple choice of wardrobe for towering actor Richard Kiel.

The initial moments of Happy Gilmore depict an aggressive young Hockey Player, forcefully intent upon making his dreams a reality. While this force is implicit in the…

• Jimmy Jones

★★½ Added by Jimmy Jones

Adam Sandler reaches the "peak of his hey-day" in this comedy about a man who likes to golf because he can't play hockey anymore. He ends up going quite crazy and becomes something of a minor celebrity in America. There are some interesting and funny gags and performances by the likes of Bob Barker and Julie Bowen, and some shocking things you don't really see coming. In the end, it's an Adam Sandler comedy, brimming with immaturity and goofy slapstick. Some people used to love him back then, but I never really caught on.

• Alex Krajci

★★★ Rewatched by Alex Krajci 07 Jun, 2014

I Don't Like 1996's Happy Gilmore, I Don't Like It Because I Like Adam Sandler.