• Windyblue

★★★½ Added by Windyblue

Who doesn't love gratuitous ridiculous profanities.

• mattsdad

★★★ Watched by mattsdad 27 Sep, 2014

Take away a couple of the swearing scenes and you got yourself a fairly pleasant entertaining comedy.

• Andreas Stoehr

★★½ Watched by Andreas Stoehr 11 Sep, 2014 1

Fascinating to see Adam Sandler when he was a rising comedy star instead of "Adam Sandler," brand name. His man-child persona hasn't changed much in two decades, but I'm still surprised by his actorly generosity here, as well as his (relative) lack of self-satisfaction. So much of Happy Gilmore lies in the comic interplay between Sandler and the cast members who often upstage him: Carl Weathers, Richard Kiel, Bob Barker, Ben Stiller (not yet "Ben Stiller"), and especially Christopher McDonald,…

• Steven Short

★★★★ Rewatched by Steven Short 12 Jan, 2014

R.I.P. Richard Kiel

I'll see you in the great parking lot in the sky.

• sho_chan0319

★★★½ Rewatched by sho_chan0319 03 Sep, 2014 1

Seriously Adam you need more movies like this...

• Mel S

★★★½ Watched by Mel S 03 Sep, 2007

Not bad.

• Kamran Ahmed

★★★ Watched by Kamran Ahmed 30 Aug, 2014

A childhood classic. My ultimate guilty pleasure, though some parts still disturb me.

• KMOKLER

★★★ Added by KMOKLER

Quite an entertaining flick not too great but not bad at all I would reccomend it.

• Tracy

★★★★ Watched by Tracy 22 Jul, 2014

If you grew up with Adam Sandler, it's hard to hate his movies. I watched closely and tried to scrutinize, but ultimately I just laughed like a child at the fart jokes and Bob Barker fist fights.

Sandler will always have a place in my heart.

• Thirdmango

★★½ Rewatched by Thirdmango 22 Aug, 2014

Re-watched this during Cardio Cinema at the gym. It was a little better then I remember it. There were some funny bits that I didn't remember but then whenever it hit those moments that I've heard quoted over and over again a billion times through my life it left me sour again.

• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★★ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 04 Feb, 2008

As far as the amount of laugh-out-loud moments is concerned, Happy Gilmore must be by far Adam Sandler's funniest movie ever. His juvenile and silly humor was at its sharpest and most imaginative here in this surprisingly memorable sports comedy. On the other hand, Carl Weathers was incredibly funny and so was the fighting sequence involving Bob Barker.

• Jude Seymour

Rewatched by Jude Seymour 05 May, 2001

Daniele and I watched happy gilmore, a movie i hadn't seen in a long time. i needed a good laugh, and suddenly i was finding that movie quite enjoyable.