• bwoodrum

★★★ Rewatched by bwoodrum 23 Apr, 2015

This is stupid, awful, uninspired fun.

• Nik

★★★½ Watched by Nik 15 Apr, 2015

I've said it several times as an Adam Sandler apologist, but there are worse things than comedic movies about taking care of your family and believing in yourself to overcome the odds and defeat the assholes. It's a simple formula, but it keeps our toes tappin'. And if we were to take a poll, you'd probably have an even split between guys and girls about this or The Wedding Singer as their favorite Sandler joint. Because dues love golf and…

• Alexander Heff

★★★★ Added by Alexander Heff

A rejected hockey player puts his skills to the golf course to save his grandmother's house.

The Sand-man in his prime as yet another violent sociopath with a heart of gold. I loved this movie as child and I still find it incredibly funny. In no way is this a 'good' film but as a comedy you can't really fault it. Some of the jokes are really juvenile but I still find the majority of the gags are very well done and well written. An extra star given for the Subway product placement.

A sports comedy that churns out the laughs. BRB, going Subway.

• jonti

★★★★ Added by jonti

Ham acting and standard Sandler screwball shitheadery aside, I find it impossible to dislike this film.

Everything is just so loveable. The characters are sweet if a little over-painted, Happy is as innocuous an anti-hero as it's possible to be, the character dynamics aren't terrible, and the story is satisfying while requiring very little of our higher-brain functions.

Most of the jokes hit their target, and the comedic air isn't suddenly sucked out at any point, which is often a problem – well, one of them – with Sandler's films.

It's an easy, enjoyable watch.

• Greg Tyrrell

★★★ Added by Greg Tyrrell

You won't remember the cliche-ridden and sometimes cringe-inducing Happy Gilmore a day later, but the jokes that work go down well, making it one of Adam Sandler's best films.

• wabbit

★★★★★ Rewatched by wabbit 04 Apr, 2015

You eat pieces of shit for breakfast??

• Rhys Edwards

★★★★★ Rewatched by Rhys Edwards 04 Apr, 2015

Art peaked in 1996 with Happy Gilmore.

• Alex Gidley

★★★½ Rewatched by Alex Gidley 02 Apr, 2015

Adam Sandler's career has pretty much done a reverse Happy Gilmore.

• Dave Bastian

★★★½ Added by Dave Bastian

A foul-tempered, inept, yet sweet-spirited hockey player is forced to turn pro golfer when his grandmother’s home is auctioned for back taxes. Surprisingly winning, delightfully irreverent cult comedy is impressively savvy below its dumber-than-dumb exterior, deftly mixing slapstick and black comedy. Sandler is at his most endearing here, and though the film isn’t for the Masterpiece Theatre crowd, it’s amusing—and often uproarious—from the first frame to the last.

• Cactus Matt

★★★½ Added by Cactus Matt

Silliness abounds but its both welcome and an appropriate counterpoint given the stuffy nature of professional golf. Frequently funny and surprisingly exciting.

• Michael Kastner

★★★½ Rewatched by Michael Kastner 25 Mar, 2015

Irgendwie kann ich bei dem immer wieder gut ablachen. Geht schon mit dem echt witzigen Opening an und hat einfach ein paar gute Gags.

• Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

★★★½ Added by Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

One of the better Sandler comedies. Goofy fun.