• jakez15

★★★★½ Added by jakez15

Critics have a pretty grim view of the simple comedy that's "just for laughs" but I figured it was quite entertaining. Robert Ebert states, "Halfway through the movie, I didn't know what I wanted more: laughs, or mustard." bashing the film for "product placement" and "sponsorship," and also trying to put it down to a cheap laugh. All in all though, Happy Gilmore is just that simple laugh that satisfies, and Adam's temperamental role makes it all the better. Some…

• Samuel Hunter

★★★½ Added by Samuel Hunter

Happy Gilmore, is actually quite funny. It doesn't boast anything particularly revolutionary, it just has a good collection of gags and enough plot to keep the viewer engaged throughout. It's also the only Adam Sandler film I can stand.

• suplexcitybitch

★★★★ Added by suplexcitybitch

Adam Sandler movies can be very hit and miss. This is not one of them. Hilarious. Carl Weathers needs more work.

• Benjamin Belfort

★★★ Watched by Benjamin Belfort 24 Jul, 2016

It's oh-so stupid, but I have to admit I thought it was at times really funny.

• firstdegreburns

★★★½ Rewatched by firstdegreburns 11 Jun, 2016

Funny in most parts but now I have a fear of alligators.

• Rhianna

★★★ Watched by Rhianna 24 Jul, 2016

Ah those were the days when Adam Sandler was funny and didn't make me want to hurt people.

• Jay

★★★★ Watched by Jay 24 Jul, 2016

Barrel of laughs

• Tom Murphy

★½ Watched by Tom Murphy 09 Jul, 2016

Failed hockey player Happy Gilmore (Adam Sandler) discovers he has a talent for golf. When his grandmother’s (Frances Bay) house is seized by the IRS due to her owing a big sum of money in back taxes Happy takes part in tournaments in an attempt to win money to save the house. Under the mentorship of former golf pro Chubbs Peterson (Carl Weathers) he gradually becomes more of a success and finds love in public relations director Virginia (Julie Bowen)…

• Euan Brown

★★★½ Rewatched by Euan Brown 06 Jul, 2016

One of the two Adam Sandler films that I really enjoy, the other being The Wedding Singer. It may be pretty low-brow but it actually has a lot of comedic ingenuity, and it consistently made me laugh throughout....even if it was at the blatant Subway sponsorship deal.

• Swatsniper1245

★★★★★ Watched by Swatsniper1245 28 Jun, 2016

Just tap it in!! 1st Sandler movie ever seen, crude but hilarious best golf related movie out there. keyword "related".

• hj_movies

★★★ Watched by hj_movies 28 Jun, 2016 1

I hate watching golf on tv though when it is  made into this I'm ok with it. Didn't like this as much as billy Madison though. 🏌⛳️

• Cas Lowe

★★★ Watched by Cas Lowe 28 Jun, 2016

"You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?"