• Gareth Bailey

★★★ Rewatched by Gareth Bailey 24 May, 2016

One of the few Adam Sandler films I actually enjoy, and shamefully have a guilty pleasure for, but this is one of his finer outings. Made golf not completely boring and a fair few quotable lines. Julie Bowen is almost unrecognisable if you watch Modern Family and then stick this one on! Nice little role for Carl Weathers in this one too as Chubbs Peterson the club pro. and of course the famous Bob Barker cameo, good to watch it while we still remember who he is!

• Ronin

★★★★ Rewatched by Ronin 20 May, 2016

"-Yeah, and grizzly Adams had a beard!
    -grizzly Adams did have a beard."

• BeachesandCream

★★ Added by BeachesandCream

we watched this 20 times in one week

• Gavin Casias

★★★★★ Watched by Gavin Casias 13 May, 2016

Gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a shit?

I would be absolutely lying if I said this wasn't one of my favorite movies of all time. Sure it's silly. But it also has heart and is a very feel-good movie. The montage of him coming back and kicking Shooter's ass is one of my favorite movie sequences ever. I can understand how this movie is average to a person who watches it but I personally think it is clever and…

• Chris West

★★★½ Watched by Chris West 05 May, 2016

The fight with Bob Barker is awesome. Carl weathers is really good in this film. It's hockey. Golf. Adam Sandler.

• Brendan Edwards

★★★ Rewatched by Brendan Edwards 04 May, 2016

Enjoyable and silly golfing comedy. Still good fun.

• Elijah Fox

★★★ Rewatched by Elijah Fox 30 Apr, 2016

Happy Gilmore is about a failed hockey player who in an attempt to save his grandmothers house takes up golfing. The premise while stupid actually provides a lot of laughs, the wooden handed coach, the age care facility for which he has to leave his grandmother, some memorable quotes. It's not brilliant but it's one of Sandler's earlier, so therefore better efforts.

• Janis Devlin

★★★★½ Rewatched by Janis Devlin 22 Apr, 2016

I love this movie. Really funny. I still laugh the whole way through. Bob Barker.
    #shouldhavebeenonthesoundtrack
    Styx "Renegade"

• kingeasy

★★★★ Rewatched by kingeasy 20 Apr, 2016

It is always fun revisiting a classic comedy from the elementary years! A lot of the humour is juvenile and that works just fine. Beyond all the classic one-liners and the awesome characters of Shooter McGavin and Chubbs this film recalls a glorious era in which a movie could be less than two hours and still be enjoyable. Too many bloated comedies nowadays that need to shed about 30 minutes. This film is still funny as hell and is the perfect length.

• rossmclochness

★★★★ Watched by rossmclochness 18 Apr, 2016

The funniest of the sandlers

• Nathanial00

★★★ Watched by Nathanial00 18 Jan, 2016

6.0/10
    A hilarious Movie

• 0ona

★★★½ Rewatched by 0ona 14 Apr, 2016

"Good news everybody, we're extending arts and crafts time by four hours today!"
    "My fingers hurt."
    "What's that?"
    "My fingers hurt."
    "Oh, well, now your back's gonna hurt, 'cause you just pulled landscaping duty! Anybody else's fingers hurt?...I didn't think so."

I thought this would be a perfect film to watch post-surgery as I've seen this movie so many times I can quote from it and I hardly need to pay attention. Not to mention it has its funny moments and characters.

Guilty Pleasure from my youth.

(Don't judge me, David!)