• Isaac

★★★★½ Watched by Isaac 19 Apr, 2016

Better than the first one (impossible right?) This film is witty and exciting whilst also being very heartfelt

• ZoomyRamen

★★★½ Rewatched by ZoomyRamen 13 Apr, 2016

Very similar structurally to 1 and the Kumar girlfriend plot line is pretty abysmal.

Still funny as fook regardless

• Craig Hart

★½ Added by Craig Hart

Whereas the first H&K movie was a mild diversion, sitting through the second H&K movie is a lot like punishment. Conceived originally as a direct-to-video sequel, this film is almost completely devoid of laughs, with the humor apparently replaced by gratuitous nudity (we're talking waist DOWN shots here). Because I'm a big boy and can watch whatever the hell I want, I watched the unrated version. And if the unrated version, with all its nudity, was a lousy movie, I…

• Jack Garrett

★★★ Watched by Jack Garrett 28 Mar, 2016

I dunno, the story was pretty funky but it wasn't as hilarious as just going to White Castle. It was still good fun though.

• HouseHaze

★★★½ Rewatched by HouseHaze 25 Mar, 2016

One of the best sequels to any film that I have ever seen. Seriously.

• Josh Daws

★★½ Watched by Josh Daws 12 Mar, 2016

‘Harold & Humar Escape from Guantanamo Bay’ definitely has satirical intent and is funny in places, but ultimately most of it is an exaggerated rehash of the first one, with many of the same jokes simply done again in a very predictable way. The higher stakes of the plot, higher production values and daytime setting also means it loses its low-key, wacky charm that made its predecessor so appealing. The acting is also much dodgier and its attitudes to women are…

• JaySalahi

★★★ Watched by JaySalahi 03 Mar, 2016

B- (81)

• Charlie Moore

★★★ Added by Charlie Moore

Eh.

• Crystal

★★★ Watched by Crystal 06 Jul, 2010

One of the rare comedy sequels that actually works as a follow-up to its predecessor but also as a worthy standalone story on its own.

• Alan Heath

★★★ Watched by Alan Heath 11 Jan, 2016

The 2nd film in the Harold and Kumar Trilogy, continuing on from the first they decide to go to Amsterdam, but then find them selfs in trouble after being mistaken for terrorists and then sent to guntanamo bay. Lots of funny moments again but lacking the charm of the first film.

• Daniel Charchuk

★★★ Watched by Daniel Charchuk 04 Oct, 2008

This is kind of a letdown.

It's definitely not as sharp or off-beat as the first one, instead going for generic laughs and obvious humour. Rob Corddry's character is most to blame for this; both H&K films flirt with racial stereotypes and openly mock our assumptions, but Corddry is so one-note that there's none of this to be found with his character. He's too harsh of a villain, something the first one didn't need (and indeed was better off without).…

• Justin

★★★ Watched by Justin 20 Dec, 2015

More of the same but that's not a complaint.