• Obfuscation

½ Added by Obfuscation

How does this have less "hate" on here than the original Transformers film? Letterboxd, you lost me. You never had me, but you lost me anyways. This is why I can't trust people. I had friends in High School who used moron dialogue like this daily. (Picked some quality pals, huh?) Too bad they didn't pitch it to a studio to make it into a shite film and earn some cash. I probably could have earned a producers credit too. This is where I hold my grudge. I like to rant on bad films.

• SmokingPizza

★★★ Added by SmokingPizza

Definitely not as good as the first one but still has it's moments, even if those moments are all over the place, more so than the first also.

"Well maybe if the people in your country stopped eating *doughnuts* and started realizing what their government is doing to the world, "assholes" like us wouldn't exist!"

"Fuck you! Doughnuts are awesome!"

• Herrguth

★★★ Watched by Herrguth 01 Jun, 2015

Movie 1 in Scavenger Hunt #3.
    Task #1: A film featuring unicorns!

This movie was ok just like the first movie.
    I am not a big fan, but the movie has some funny moments. I especially liked Neil Patrick Harris' and Beverly D'Angelo's cameos.
    The chemistry between John Cho and Kal Penn is good and you can feel that they had fun making this.
    The movie tries hard to be offensive but it really just seems like harmless fun.
    The first half of the movie was the best and the most funny. Towards the end it gets a little drawn out.

• Sam

★★★½ Watched by Sam 29 Apr, 2015

Not as good as the first, but still pretty damn hilarious.

• Lskeee

★★★ Watched by Lskeee 17 Apr, 2015

better than ''going to white castle'' definitely, but still not better than ''it was okay''

• Jamie Rogers

★★★½ Added by Jamie Rogers

Not as funny as the first, but entertaining enough.

• Zaimus Dzewandee

Watched by Zaimus Dzewandee 10 Dec, 2010

A big-budget shock comedy horribly over-hyped but with some very funny jokes intermingled with stupid 00's random comedy.

I have not seen the first movie, but based on this sequel, I'm not convinced to seek it out. My main distaste for this is due to its political comedy bits. Homeland security, TSA and Guantanamo Bay are used for cheap jokes, and while it is great to target these evil entities I felt unimpressed that the film is actually making any real statement that would convince anyone of the reality of the situation. Instead of satire, it is just vulgar. Rob Coldry is disgusting and unfunny.

• Nick Rogers

★★½ Rewatched by Nick Rogers 03 May, 2014

Pot, presidents and pubes. This so-so sequel boasts every possible permutation of bush as the Dubya administration mistakenly detains the titular stoners as terrorists. On the lam in Miami, they seek help from rich friend Raza. Sick of "topless hype," he's having a "bottomless" pool party. There are plenty of meticulously sculpted pubic regions to behold.But Raza's unattended manscape bears stronger resemblance to a helpless, drowning dog—or Cousin It with a dick for a nose.

• KillerBOB

★★★ Watched by KillerBOB 03 Jul, 2008

R15
    Monte

• Jason MD-P

★★★½ Added by Jason MD-P

This was actually very funny. The director really kept it moving and kept the jokes funny. There were only a few attempts to rehash (no pun intended!) old jokes from the first movie- although NPH as a joke will never get old... Well done for a sequel!

• Funnyguy

★★★ Watched by Funnyguy 17 Jan, 2015

Late with review, forgot.

Swell entertainment.

• joelhwa

★★★★ Watched by joelhwa 04 Aug, 2013

8/10: A worthy sequel. Even though i think that the first is better, it's still as good despite having more crude and offensive jokes this time around.