• Nacho Poveda

★★★ Added by Nacho Poveda

'Headhunters' es tramposa, gratuitamente macabra, y aún así (puede que precisamente por eso) se hace bastante entretenida. Peli sin pretensiones para ver un domingo por la tarde.

Lo mejor: el tono semi-cómico.

Lo peor: tiene bajones en el desarrollo y juega al límite de lo verosímil. El guión vive de giros efectistas.

• Zach

★★★½ Watched by Zach 03 Mar, 2015

March Around the World 2015 #4 (Norway)

In the introduction of this film, we are introduced to a man who steals art as a second income. He lays out a number of rules over some narration, and one in particular stood out, that he must not spend more than ten minutes in the house, because such time is excessive, and might lead you to come across something even more valuable, which will lead you to get caught. This is a…

• Vinny Thornburg

★★★★ Watched by Vinny Thornburg 01 Mar, 2015 5

Film #1 of the Rides of March Challenge

The only reason I selected this for Norway was because this was the last film that director Morten Tyldum did before his highly successful Imitation Game. While Imitation Game is a great film, Headhunters is really where Morten's talents seem to shine.

Headhunters is an excellent thriller about corporate espionage and art thievery, that is ,if nothing else, very hard to predict as it goes by. It constantly surprised me with its…

• JedidiahAyres

Added by JedidiahAyres

Expectations (or lack of) working in its favor, exhibit A. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have given it a chance if I wasn't hoping to like it and feeling there was a decent chance I would, but holy crap... I really liked it. Relentless pursuit thriller about an art thief who makes the wrong mark. Really, just poor, poor decision there, pal. Literally goes places you'll not explore in safey-safe, big-budget U.S. productions, and scores major points along the way. Adapted from the novel by Jo Nesbo (whose Fart Powder books, my kids enjoy, btw).

• Viktor Estemar Landegren

★★★★½ Watched by Viktor Estemar Landegren 26 Feb, 2015

The best adaptation of a page-turner that I have ever seen. The cinematography and score is fantastic. I wish the Swedish film producers would follow this fantastic example of how to do a movie up in the north. Even though I knew what would happen all the time(because I have read it, not because I am pretentious), I was hooked from frame one and this movie had me throughout the show.

• Matt Wedge

★★½ Watched by Matt Wedge 25 Feb, 2015

Slickly made, but the plot holes pile up so quickly that the film collapses into absurdity--and not the good kind. It also doesn't help that the filmmakers try to redeem the truly unlikable protagonist. It somehow stays watchable as a dark comedy, but just barely.

• Pablo Mateu

★★★½ Watched by Pablo Mateu 23 Feb, 2015

Creo que ya la habia visto pero no me acordaba de nada. Buenos giros rocambolescos y bastante cruda.

• Lauren H

★★★★½ Watched by Lauren H 21 Feb, 2015

Holy cow, this movie was intense.

• Chase Eiland

★★★★½ Watched by Chase Eiland 13 Feb, 2015

Awesomely suspenseful cat and mouse thriller that is well written and very well acted. My take on the moral: living a double life will catch up to you and you will most likely be WAY in over your head.

• Raph Lumbroso

★★★½ Watched by Raph Lumbroso 14 Feb, 2015

Your typical, garden variety Scandinavian-art-heist-film-turned-brutal-cat-and-mouse-gorefest-with-that-one-guy-from-Game-of-Thrones.
    Headhunters is lacking in credibility but is still a lot of fun and boasts some jaw-dropping moments, particularly a scene involving an outhouse that is sure to make its mark on any viewer's memory.

• Joseph Blackwell

★★★½ Watched by Joseph Blackwell 12 Feb, 2015

I watched this film with little to no idea what it was about except that it involved an art thief and it co-starred Nikolaj Coster Waldau (I am, like many people a big Game of Thrones fan), to my surprise, this turned out to be a very entertaining, darkly funny thriller. A bit predictable in places, but very nicely executed. Definitely worth a watch.

• Kev.

★★★★½ Watched by Kev. 12 Feb, 2015 3

This is what I'm fucking talking about!

HEADHUNTERS is a riveting and completely fucking awesome action thriller! With twists and turns at every corner, you are basically planted in the edge of your seat for its lean run-time. It's relentless pacing will leave you breathless! Despite its twisty storyline, it never loses its credibility and you believe it all the way through, which is definitely something you don't see in the genre anymore.

The performances are great all around, especially…