• theunwashedmass

★★★★ Watched by theunwashedmass 21 Sep, 2014

Pushed even a slouch like me to the edge of his seat.

• Ben Hyde

★★★½ Watched by Ben Hyde 09 Sep, 2014

Hard not to make a solid, distinctive thriller when you're working with a Jo Nesbo book. Headhunters fools you into thinking it will be a crisp, tame art thief caper set in sleek Norwegian office spaces, and then suddenly descends into absurd, blackly comic thriller madness, and halfway through the film our protagonist is literally covered in crap, driving a tractor with a dead dog impaled on the front. A simple and unsubtle way to turn expectations, tone, and even…

• Shayne Bock

★★★½ Watched by Shayne Bock 09 Sep, 2014

Probably the longest I've gone in a film thinking it's about one thing only to find in the last hour or so that it is about something completely different - and it completely changed my view of the film as a whole as well.

The brilliant structure of this movie carries mostly everything else, but there is definitely something to be said for the performances.

Although it's carried out fairly generically in most other aspects, it's a solid idea with some great performances.

• tye

★★★ Watched by tye 06 Sep, 2014

It's Jaime Lanister! This is dark comedy at it's poopiest.

• scotts2323

★★½ Watched by scotts2323 05 Sep, 2014

This film started off well and then fell off the deep end. At too many points in the film, they stretch the film into the unbelievable. It's tough to buy in when you keep telling yourself the main character should have been dead or arrested already.

On a good note, they did hire the Norwegian Steve Buscemi and Prince Charming from Far Far Away Land in Shrek as the two main male leads.

• Viktor Jerner

★★★★ Rewatched by Viktor Jerner 01 Sep, 2014

Such a great, stylish and suspenseful norwegian thriller. The plot is "twisty", the humor is weird and the cinematography is fantastic. Aksel Hennie shines in the lead role, and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is such a freakin' badass. One of the best scandinavian films of the last decade.

• John Noel

★★★★ Watched by John Noel 25 Aug, 2014

Uncle Dad meets The Thomas Crown Affari. In Norway.

• radiomanhead

★★★½ Added by radiomanhead

Tomado del review de un amigo en otra web y que ha parecido acertadisimo:

Una lástima que la película tenga esa recta final tan falsa y sentimenloide, porque hasta ese momento estaba siendo un thriller dinámico, con pegada, rodado con sentido de la elegancia y con algunos chispazos de verdadero genio y originalidad. Porque vamos, que para salvar su culo un personaje deba poner su pelambrera dentro de una bolsita de cacahuetes no es algo que vaya a ver en…

• Sara

★★★★★ Watched by Sara 09 Aug, 2014

If Trance and The Fugative had a baby you would have Headhunters! A classic cat and mouse thriller that stands on it's own full of intensity! Go watch it!!

• FilmGirl 846

★★★★★ Rewatched by FilmGirl 846 29 Jul, 2014

I can't express how thoroughly enjoyable this film is. The first time I viewed it I didn't know anything about it and was surprised by how refreshingly original the filmmakers were able to make a dramatic heist film (of sorts). In fact this film seems to traverse several genres (drama, romance, comedy, action, heist) and is one of the only films that I can recall where it actually works and works seamlessly.

The main character is instantly likable/relatable from his…

• André Belo

★★★★ Watched by André Belo 29 Jul, 2014

'Headhunters' is an action thriller where the 'player gets played' motto is very well explored and where there is also room for love, regret, treason and revenge, all adequately portrayed in one exceeding plot.

• kyrak

★★★½ Watched by kyrak 01 May, 2014

Loved this one. Plays remarkably slick for a low-budget Norwegian film. It is wonderfully directed with a high-energy crime thriller plot. It sports a great cast with just the right touches of WTF throughout. I'm a fan of this one.

Why watch it? You like creative crime thrillers; you like Norway