• JaumeMuntane

★★★½ Watched by JaumeMuntane 18 Dec, 2014

Com a fan dels llibres de Jo Nesbo (especialment la serie de Harry Hole) sabia que m'agradaria "Headhunters": un thriller amb molts girs i entreteniment assegurat.

As a fan of the books of Jo Nesbo (specially the series of Harry Hole), I knew that I would enjoy "Headhunters": a thriller with several twists and a lot of entertainment.

• landskip

★★★½ Watched by landskip 17 Dec, 2014

Dark and gripping.

• Yaso

★★★★ Watched by Yaso 18 Dec, 2014

Dexter82

• Yanni Bouziotas

★★★★ Watched by Yanni Bouziotas 17 Dec, 2014

I watched it with English dubs, which was silly. I would probably recommend watching it in its original language with subtitles. The dub is tolerable but pretty corny overall.

That being said, this movie was fucking awesome. A super thrilling film, with a lot of interesting twists. I don't want to spoil much, it's an intense ride. It's got lots of violence and a really good character arc for the main man.

The one main complaint I have is that…

• Steen

Watched by Steen 19 Nov, 2014

Why is this wannabe Ocean's Eleven sort of film so highly regarded on Letterboxd? I seriously don't get it!

I hated every minute of it and found it almost unbearable to watch. The plot is ridiculous, the characters are annoying, the acting is terrible and it's completely and utterly unfunny. It would be my clear number one on a worst of 2011 list. I would prefer to be forced to watch War Horse again rather than this crap.

• Anthony Alicea

★★★★ Watched by Anthony Alicea 13 Nov, 2014

An incredibly well made thriller with great bits of Scandinavian humor sprinkled in; and features the best outhouse scene in existence.

• ChasingTheDawn

★★★★ Added by ChasingTheDawn

Cool film, really interesting style. Also the lead looks like a really young Christopher Walken.

• sschuster

★★★★★ Added by sschuster

I thought this was just an amazingly taught, and precise film. Just loved it.

• GenkiB

★★★★ Watched by GenkiB 07 Jan, 2014

A year ago my brother told me this one was unique. I’ve been waiting a long time to check it out. 8 outta 10. Holy crap, this was a good movie. Everything that can go wrong for the main character, Roger Brown (played by Aksel Hennie), does. It kinda reminded me of The Big Lebowski . The same way everything goes wrong for The Dude, everything goes wrong for this guy.

• Jonathan Davies

Watched by Jonathan Davies 15 Jul, 2013

Watched with Simpson in Millennium Tower

• Andrew Liverod

★★★★ Watched by Andrew Liverod 29 Nov, 2014 6

Aksel Hennie plays Roger Brown, a shallow, selfish and materialistic recruitment headhunter who uses his position to steal the artwork which finances his extravagant lifestyle. His world starts to collapse around him as his latest client, and target Clas Greve (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) turns out to be not all he seems and Roger must undergo several violent, bloody, baptisms to realise his insecurities and use his unique skills to stop the Greve's plans.

A well structured Norsk thriller with oodles of blood, twists, redemption and a beautiful dog. Oslo wasn't this bloody the last time I was there!

• Chance Sprague

★★★★ Rewatched by Chance Sprague 28 Nov, 2014

Very good cat and mouse thriller, with a little bit of dark humor mixed in. I also identified with the 5'6" protagonist.