• Max Oxley

★★★½ Watched by Max Oxley 25 May, 2015

Half an hour in I was thinking, “man, this is is a lot less eventful than I expected”

Half an hour later, a man covered in human excrement is escaping from a farm in a tractor with an dead dog impaled on the front.

I suppose I got what I asked for.

• andy

★★★★½ Watched by andy 15 May, 2015

It started off as a perfect heist film, then things got really messed up, really fast.

Just how I like it.

• Scott Liening

★★ Watched by Scott Liening 08 May, 2015

A thriller that attempts to keep its audiences on its toes with a winding, twisty plot, but that ultimately creates a tangled narrative that makes little sense, is ridden with holes, and leaves plot threads dangling.

• Mark Mierzejewski

★★★½ Watched by Mark Mierzejewski 05 May, 2015

Jo Nesbø is a Norwegian author responsible for the Harry Hole detective novel series. Those books are often dark, gory and well, Scandinavian. He wrote Headhunters in the midst of that series as a standalone thriller, one the clearly meant to show off a little more levity. Nesbø is still a little twisted though, and the movie version is very faithful to the novel, down to the wildly chaotic darkly comic tone. I mean, this is the story of a…

• Jordan Ferrero

★★★★ Watched by Jordan Ferrero 05 May, 2015 1

Ahhh those moments when you watch a random film on Netflix and it turns out to be fantastic! A cat and mouse crime thriller at its best. With a simple enough plot, and with well placed twists and turns, Headhunters is a great way to spend a couple of hours.

• Circuitos

★★ Watched by Circuitos 03 May, 2015

Lo que comienza como un elegante thriller poblado de premisas interesantes, toma a eso de los 40 minutos un rumbo errático que termina desmoronando el conjunto bajo su propio peso en una loca huida hacia adelante. Personajes histriónicos, situaciones implausibles, giros de guión cogidos con pinzas que se resuelven a golpe de varita mágica... Llegado un momento, el shock value (del que el guión abusa) deja paso a una sensación de "todo vale" más propia de un tebeo de Mortadelo.…

• panvaneer

★★★½ Watched by panvaneer 04 May, 2015

Oddly heart-warming amidst the nihilistic action.

• Hollywoodheat

★★★★½ Watched by Hollywoodheat 29 Apr, 2015

BREH

• BAG

★★★ Watched by BAG 27 Apr, 2015

A thriller, a dark comedy, a love story, and a heist movie all wrapped up in one.

This is a really entertaining movie. It keeps you on your toes and guessing all the way through. At the same time it feels very light, even with all its thrills its never really stressful. Im not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. What I do know is that it makes for a very fun movie that can…

• Garrett Smith

★★★ Watched by Garrett Smith 25 Apr, 2015

If I remember correctly, I watched this based on a recommendation from Kumail Nanjiani on someone's podcast. And I'm really glad I did. This is a tight little thriller about a small man trying to live big through art thieving. And then he decides to steal from the wrong guy. Now I know that sounds like a pretty standard set up, but what's interesting about this movie is the way it plays on your expectations of how a thriller like…

• Bob

★★★ Watched by Bob 26 Apr, 2015

Headhunters is an action/thriller movie about a guy who steals paintings for a living.

Early on, we meet Aksel Hennie. He works as a recruiter, but uses information he gains on interviews to learn when to break into people's apartments so that he can swap out people's fancy art with forgeries, using the money he makes to live an extravagant lifestyle.

The problem comes when he meets Nikolaj Coster-Waldau (Jaime Lannister!). Despite a dozen red flags, Aksel is a gambler…

• Benjamin Morse

★★★★½ Rewatched by Benjamin Morse 25 Apr, 2015 2

I could write something pithy like "They don't make thrillers like this in America" but to be honest, they very rarely make thrillers like this ANYWHERE.