• Will Levinger

★★★★ Watched by Will Levinger 29 Mar, 2015 1

Some slick, zippy fun that doesn't want you to think too hard, but won't insult your intelligence. Well done. Morten Tyldum, who did a good job with this movie, also directed The Imitation Game, which I have been avoiding seeing because I thought it would be staid and formulaic. That may still be true, but given how much I enjoyed Headhunters, I owe it a watch.

Listen to Norway week on Netflix Cowboys! Michael, Alex and I review three Norwegian films at 6 PM PST on Chapman Radio

Listen here: chapmanradio.com/listenlive

• Deb Vertnik

★★★★½ Watched by Deb Vertnik 28 Mar, 2015

A bigwig at a headhunter company uses his position to find and steal expensive art. This film has a plethora of twists and a great ending. The subtitles are a nuisance as usual, but this one was good enough to overlook that. The only thing that would have made me like this film more, is if it was in English

• Matt G

★★★ Watched by Matt G 21 Mar, 2015

Film #26 of 30: March Around The World 2015 Challenge - Norway

Letterboxd Assignment

Nice little caper film from the director of The Imitation Game. Much more action to be had in this one, but the main character (Roger) was a pretty underwhelming protagonist. I enjoy Jaime Lannister as the antagonist though.

• Sean Wu

★★★ Watched by Sean Wu 21 Mar, 2015

March Around the World - Stop #16: Norway

Morten Tyldum is a capable director, but is not great. Like his work on 'The Imitation Game', every emotion is made so obvious that there is nothing left to think about once the credits roll. It's unfortunate too, with a twisty thriller like 'Headhunters', I imagine most viewers would want some ambiguity to dwell over and discuss for years to come. Nope. It's just sleek pulp.

That's not to discredit Tyldum and his film. The characters are very fleshed out, and it's often positively thrilling. 'Headhunters' is sleek, but not substantial.

• MIRIAM

★★★★ Watched by MIRIAM 19 Mar, 2015

March Around the World 2015: #18 Norway
    Guidelines

This was close to being a 4.5 for me because it worked so well, but I've docked it down to 4 stars. Headhunters is a creative, tense, and unpredictable thriller that is truly a ride from start to finish. The director, Morten Tyldum, is responsible for the safe, mediocre biopic, Imitation Game, which felt like it could have been directed by anyone. This, however, is a triumph of directing and allowed me…

• ConnerRWood

★★★★ Watched by ConnerRWood 17 Mar, 2015

An off-the-wall thriller with a hint of The Game sprinkled in it.

80/100.

• Col Todd

★★★★½ Watched by Col Todd 18 Mar, 2015

Good fun....twisty dark as all hell Scandi fare

• Gray Brian

★★★★½ Rewatched by Gray Brian 14 Mar, 2015

This is at least 2 films in one and both of them are fantastic. The first is a introspective drama about a man who would do anything for his wife but cannot ever tell her the truth about what he does. The second a bloody thriller where you never know who to trust.

• Daria Dykes

★★★★ Rewatched by Daria Dykes 13 Mar, 2015

I realized after starting this film that I've seen it before at some point, and forgot to log it. For some reason I remember not being very impressed the first time. Just goes to show you that sometimes your mood makes a big difference.

This is an excellent little Coen-esque thriller, beautifully shot, hilarious, and riveting at every point. And the 'moral of the story' is nice too - our protagonist almost ruins his life because of wallowing in his insecurities and fears, so there's a redemption story in here too. Great.

• Brent Shepherd

★★★½ Watched by Brent Shepherd 11 Mar, 2015

Holy crap, you guys. See this nasty, twisty, unhinged little film before they make an American version that is inferior to it in every way. It starts a little slow and is a little uneven in spots, but damn.

There are seriously, like, three writer-directors I'd trust to make this thing — apart from Tyldum himself, I'm thinking Shane Black, Scott Frank or Christopher McQuarrie — and any of those guys would still have to pry final cut away from the MBAs at the studio who thought a Headhunters remake would make a good PG-13 summer-tentpole release.

• Jon

★★★★ Watched by Jon 09 Mar, 2015

Slick.

• JesseSP

★★★★ Watched by JesseSP 08 Mar, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

The old story: A corporate recruiter slash art thief goes on the run for fear that there may be microscopic jelly transmitters in his hair. ZZZZZZZZ.