• Kip Bowman Jr.

★★½ Watched by Kip Bowman Jr. 11 Apr, 2014

I had owned this DVD for a few years that I bought used at my local video store. After taking me so long to watch the movie I think i know why i put it off for so long.

I mean it wasn't bad. It just felt it was there to say and do weird outlandish stuff. Don't get me wrong all the actors were good in the roles. Joseph Gordon Levitt, Natalie Portman and the kid were good. I…

• Unklerupert

★★★½ Added by Unklerupert

Just looking at my right nut, appreciating my right nut.

• Wulf | Medienjournal

★★★½ Watched by Wulf | Medienjournal 16 Feb, 2014

Spencer Sussers "Hesher" funktioniert nicht in allen Belangen und die Unzugänglichkeit der Charaktere setzt sich in der filmischen Umsetzung fort, doch auch wenn die Mischung aus Vorstadt-Drama und respektloser Komödie als Konzept nicht immer aufgeht, offenbart der Film durchaus ein gesteigertes Maß an Qualitäten und punktet mit einer Vielzahl anrührender, tieftrauriger Szenen.

Mehr gibt es unter:
    medienjournal-blog.de/2014/02/review-hesher-der-rebell-film/

• BITW

★★★½ Added by BITW

Hesher is probably one of my favorite Indie films I've seen in a while. The cast they have in the film is very good and the way Joseph Gordon-Levitt character, Hesher comes into the characters life and with his destructive attitude and life, he still changes them in a good way. I enjoy this film and hope you guys will too.

• LetoAtreidesII

Watched by LetoAtreidesII 20 Mar, 2014

You know what kind of movie I hate the most? Not the ones who are 100% terrible 100% of their running time. I can see how a project can fail every step of the way, get released and be thrashed, that's how things work. What I hate the absolute most are movies that have so much potential to be more, to even be masterpieces with glimpses of brilliance but put so much work into sabotaging their effort that it boggles…

• João Carlos Marques

★★★½ Watched by João Carlos Marques 08 Mar, 2014

Different, simple, chaotic and, yet, very beautiful. Very good movie to see when you think that you are "down". Sometimes the simplicity and the desorder are the best ways.

• Barney Rubble

★★★ Watched by Barney Rubble 23 Feb, 2014

About thirty times more bizarre than I expected.

• mazzyhope815

★★★½ Watched by mazzyhope815 01 Jan, 2014

This is a really interesting, if not necessarily good, movie. Gordon-Levitt plays “Hesher”, a larger-than-life, broad, metalhead character that sort of floats around a young boy's sad, lonely coming-of-age movie. What’s interesting is how the movie blends the two disparate parts together, without compromising either one. I dug that. Natalie Portman is good in this too. As is the main kid, who I thought was the kid from Where the Wild Things Are, but is, in fact, not that kid.

• evlkeith

★★★ Watched by evlkeith 09 Feb, 2014

A heavy metal comedy isn't really my cup of tea. I was expecting something alone the lines of Superbad but with Lemmy in the lead role. Plus I've never really liked Joseph Gordon-Levitt so I can't say that I was looking forward to this. The only saving grace is that it's got Natalie Portman in it.

Even so I was quite pleasantly surprised by Hesher. It's not really an out and out comedy - the dvd cover quote of "Hilarious!"…

• Luke Pamer

★★★★½ Watched by Luke Pamer 05 Feb, 2014

Everyone that loves movies has a few that they love a whole lot that other people think is "okay" or "pretty good." I believe "Hesher" is one of those movies for me.

From the moment "Metallica" is played during the opening credits I had a feeling I was going to love this movie... & I did.

For the most part, I generally really dislike child actors that are given the lead role in films. But Devin Brochu, who plays "TJ," carries…

• Jorge Azevedo

★★½ Added by Jorge Azevedo

I watched this because of Joseph Gordon-Levitt. I. Well. Hm. It's. Melodramatic. And like. Heavy handed. And weird. But not in a good way. Bah I just didn't like it.

• Leszek Pietrzak

★★★½ Watched by Leszek Pietrzak 20 Jan, 2014

There is some coping with the death of a mother story in here, and some bullying and first-love plot, but they are not really developed and are shadowed by the titular rebellious outsider, Hesher, who does some outrageous things, shows his emotional side, and in the end helps the mourning family to let go. Also: oldschool Metallica.