• Littlechinn

★★★½ Watched by Littlechinn 14 Aug, 2015

Aggressive. Depraved. Irreverant. Terrifying in many ways, but somehow still relevant. Good moral. Great acting.

• Not Ben Sachs

Added by Not Ben Sachs

We've been remiss in failing to write about HESHER, currently enjoying an extended second run at the Logan. It's a film that requires championing, as it sits largely unwanted in the same corner Rainer Werner Fassbinder's films occupied before he started making respectable-looking movies like THE MARRIAGE OF MARIA BRAUN. Too punk for the art-houses and maybe too artful for the punks, HESHER is as defiant as its own protagonist. The film indulges in a lot of childish anti-social behavior,…

• Matthew Gorman

★★★★ Watched by Matthew Gorman 05 Aug, 2015

A young boy named TJ befriends Hesher, an interesting but crazy man who teaches him how to deal with life and how to move on. Highly recommended.

• AntManBee

★★★★ Watched by AntManBee 01 Aug, 2015

Earlier this year, I watched and enjoyed THE BABADOOK - a little over-hyped, but I still enjoyed it; whether or not it ripped off this excellent little indie drama is unclear, but it sure is damned similar in theme.
    Young Devin Brochu's character is the main grieving protagonist here, who, along with his shell-shocked father (Rainn Wilson) is mourning the accidental death of his mother. Hesher (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) enters their lives and basically makes things worse for the poor kid…

• alexbhades

★★½ Watched by alexbhades 27 Jun, 2012

Pues la verdad es que me ha decepcionado.
    Dramón con colgaos por medio. Danger-danger.
    Se salvan las interpretaciones, pero el guión, uff. y la fotografia me ha deprimido del todo.

• Matty Stanfield

★★★★½ Rewatched by Matty Stanfield 14 May, 2011

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

As Spencer Susser film begins a middle grade teacher tells his class, "Now today we're going to talk about 'metaphor.'" And this is really what we are doing in the world of TJ played by Devin Brochu.

TJ's father (played exceptionally by Rainn Wilson) has fallen into a deep depression following the death of his wife and TJ's mother. They are now living with TJ's elderly Grandmother. Piper Laurie delivers a touching performance as an elderly woman who feels helpless…

• mfulton

★★★½ Added by mfulton

B

• Vex ༈

★★★½ Watched by Vex ༈ 30 Jun, 2015

"You lost your wife. And you lost your mom. I lost my nut."
    Fun watch and pretty bizarre as far as Hesher's character goes. Terrific performances from JGL always showing his qualities in his performances no doubt also Rainn Wilson shined here too. This movie deals with death in a unique way making the Hesher character this rebel chaotic anti-hero comic reielf insinuating in this family's life.
    I enjoyed seeing Natalie Portman but after awhile I begin thinking why are…

• scottmarra

★★★½ Watched by scottmarra 15 Jun, 2015

What a badass. Sometimes I wish I could smash objects against a wall and flip tables over without worrying about the consequences too. Walking down the street with the grandmother in the coffin was pretty silly.

• Justin Scott

★★★★ Watched by Justin Scott 14 Jun, 2015

I WAS HESHER ONCE, I'LL BE HESHER AGAIN!!!

• Rodex

★★★ Added by Rodex

Una simple historia bien contada, alguien que le chupa un huevo lo que el resto diga y vive como quiere sin hacerle mal a nadie.

• elamorine

Added by elamorine

Really enjoyed seeing Joseph Gordon Levitt in a role like this one, very unlike other roles I've seen him in. Hesher had great things to say, and a most interesting way of saying them.