• Vinny Thornburg

★★½ Watched by Vinny Thornburg 28 Jul, 2014

There's a broad difference between the times when Hobo is truly creative and when it just takes a back seat to gore. The creative scenes are what gives this any kind of credibility (including a particular moment at the end with an arm bone that only could happen in a film like this)

Unfortunately the rest of the time I was sitting plain faced and just unentertained. When the two brothers are attacking The Hobo in an apartment it's really…

• Ryan Hookway

★★★½ Watched by Ryan Hookway 23 Jul, 2014

This is the kind of movie that you feel bad for watching. You see the violence and gore and nudity and whatnot, and you just feel dirty. But that's the point of the film. It wants to be crazy and messed up. I don't always enjoy that kind of movie, since it sometimes comes across as completely tasteless and full of itself, but this one works for me.

Th style is totally cool. It's over saturated as hell, making the…

• NickNack

★★★★ Watched by NickNack 18 Jul, 2014

I Goddamn love this. This is harcore spray and pray with no holding back. Post-apocalyptic world, a lone gunman and two badass metallic goons. So much love for this flick, in fact I enjoyed it so much I spilt my beer all over my desk and myself - that's dedication into getting into the verisimilitude of the character.

Recommended by a mate who plays Fallout, was not disappointed, would watch again, I give it: 10 uncensored scenes out of 10.

• Todd Knaak

★★ Added by Todd Knaak

• Ian Buckwalter

★★★ Watched by Ian Buckwalter 16 May, 2011

Read my DCist review.

• TheCincyKid

★★½ Added by TheCincyKid

Having spun off from Rodriguez and Tarantino's gleeful Grindhouse exploitation throwback sandbox, it manages to be cruder, sicker and dumber than anything else from it. It's actually so over-the-top, excessive and outrageous that it's exhausting, pissing on any and every perception of good taste or even production value after about two minutes with neverending senseless perversion and cruelty. I had a pretty good time.

• zuhair vazir

★★★ Added by zuhair vazir

I went in for the kicks and Rutger Hauer (Blade Runner, 1982'; 'The Hitcher, 1986'; 'Split Second, 1992').

'Shotgun is a simple film; a film you where you can enjoy the popcorn even more. Yes, it is a simple film, which is nicely shot on a colour pallet. The movie is shot in stark, bold primary colours just like a grindhouse; a genre to which it definitely belongs.

We are shown the Hobo riding in an vacant cargo compartment of…

• Hydrola

★★★ Added by Hydrola

When Grindhouse was released back in 2007 it was filled with many fake trailers. Whilst none of them were originally intended for release, since then two of the trailers have become feature length films with both Machete and Hobo With a Shotgun getting feature length releases. In its original trailer the Hobo did everything from shooting robbers on the street to blasting out the brains of a paedophile Santa, all in the name of justice. Luckily the film brings all…

• nosaj

½ Watched by nosaj 02 Jun, 2014 1

• Josh

★★★★★ Rewatched by Josh 31 May, 2014

I'll never look at the song "Disco Inferno" the same way again. And that's a good thing. So many amazing and memorable scenes in this movie. This was the height of the grindhouse/exploitation-style comeback. Sorry, Black Dynamite and Machete. Rutger Hauer wins.

Also, someone give The Plague their own movie. Like, now. Either their intro story or the continuation from this movie. Just, please, let it happen.

• Peanuts

★★ Watched by Peanuts 25 May, 2014

Best aspect of the film is its soundtrack and lighting. Other then that, I couldnt wait for it to be over.

• Chetan

★★★ Watched by Chetan 18 May, 2014

Homeless guy, a hobo, decides to stand up to the corruption that has taken over this town he is new to. Cue wacky bad guys, some extreme violence, and Rutger Hauer just kicking some ass, and you've got Hobo with a Shotgun.

The title says it all really.

Reminds me of films by that Troma outfit.