• Rob McGregor

★★★½ Watched by Rob McGregor 02 Jan, 2014

In which... a spin-off of Grindhouse's existence did a better job of doing what both Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino intended with their own films.

• Michael

★★½ Watched by Michael 20 May, 2011

The filmmakers aimed for mediocrity and achieved it. Rutger Hauer saves the movie from being completely dismissible with his odd and humanizing performance. Molly Dunsworth as Abby offers her support in humanizing the movie as well. Brian Downey does a great cartoonish villain, but it's a one-note character and I tired of that note.

• Dave O'Driscoll

½ Watched by Dave O'Driscoll 10 Aug, 2014

Christ, that was appalling.

• caveman298

Watched by caveman298 02 Aug, 2014

Not even Rutger Hauer in the title role can save this from being completely dire.

• James James

★★★★ Added by James James

Another hodgepodge of a film. Very exploitive and very hilarious. Over the top performances, I could have sworn I was watching a Troma film except better. I would have rated this a 5 but I don't think it will hold up as much the second or third time around for this reviewer as he writes this.

• Ser Cleef of Urkel

Watched by Ser Cleef of Urkel 05 Aug, 2014

For some reasons I really wanted to like this movie, because of Rutger Hauer, the very cool poster and the goofy name, but no. One or two good laughs, but that's it. Sorry, folks.

• Erix Antoine

★★ Watched by Erix Antoine 03 Aug, 2014

Exactly what you expect it to be.

And, for some, that probably means this movie will be insufferable.

But you gotta hand it to Rutger Hauer... He nails this part down and plays it to the hilt. This is what it is. He knows it. And shows no shame inhabiting this character and the film's peculiar, very specific world.

It's a world that exists sandwiched between Tromaville and Peter Jackson's Kaihoro. And it is so deliberate about its presentation, it…

• alphonse

★★★ Watched by alphonse 30 Jul, 2014 2

Jason Eisener's Hobo with a Shotgun is about a homeless guy who, after seeing his urban landscape infested with armed robbers, corrupt cops, abused prostitutes and even a pedophile Santa, decides to bring justice to the city the best way he knows how, with a shotgun. While watching this film it's easy to think we are watching a post apocalyptic film, something like Mad Max, and I think that's where the social and even political commentary is. It's a reflection…

• Vinny Thornburg

★★½ Watched by Vinny Thornburg 28 Jul, 2014

There's a broad difference between the times when Hobo is truly creative and when it just takes a back seat to gore. The creative scenes are what gives this any kind of credibility (including a particular moment at the end with an arm bone that only could happen in a film like this)

Unfortunately the rest of the time I was sitting plain faced and just unentertained. When the two brothers are attacking The Hobo in an apartment it's really…

• Ryan Hookway

★★★½ Watched by Ryan Hookway 23 Jul, 2014

This is the kind of movie that you feel bad for watching. You see the violence and gore and nudity and whatnot, and you just feel dirty. But that's the point of the film. It wants to be crazy and messed up. I don't always enjoy that kind of movie, since it sometimes comes across as completely tasteless and full of itself, but this one works for me.

Th style is totally cool. It's over saturated as hell, making the…

• NickNack

★★★★ Watched by NickNack 18 Jul, 2014

I Goddamn love this. This is harcore spray and pray with no holding back. Post-apocalyptic world, a lone gunman and two badass metallic goons. So much love for this flick, in fact I enjoyed it so much I spilt my beer all over my desk and myself - that's dedication into getting into the verisimilitude of the character.

Recommended by a mate who plays Fallout, was not disappointed, would watch again, I give it: 10 uncensored scenes out of 10.

• Todd Knaak