• Daniel Charchuk

★★★½ Watched by Daniel Charchuk 29 Mar, 2011

Delivers on its premise and then some. Though the ridiculous blood and gore does, admittedly, grow tiresome by the end, and some of the acts of violence are a little too real, it's generally an uproarious ride. Certainly better than Machete and either of the Grindhouse flicks, simply by never taking its foot off the gas.

It also got the best crowd reaction/interaction I've seen, outside of Rocky Horror/Big Lebowski cult showings. People cheered the title, cheered the gore, and cheered the dialogue. It was amazing.

• Chevalier

★★ Added by Chevalier

The problem with this so called "grindhouse revival" is that these movies are, among other things, far too self-aware for their own good. They wink at the audience with over the top villains and gory scenes, when the originals never did such a thing. Rutger Hauer does his best to save this one from being 100% irrelevant.

• No-Personality

★★★★ Watched by No-Personality 08 Apr, 2014

After Street Trash, Dead-End Drive In, They Live, and Joel Schumacher's Batmen... I needed this. I really did.

Legitimately surprising, nasty, demented, hysterically paced, funny! It's like a grab bag: you never how you're going to react to each new juvenile bit of over-the-top, colorful, fruity, quirky, ultraviolent schlock. Who... gave this to us? Where did this/these guy(s) come from? Whoever they are, they should be the ones raking in Rob Zombie and Rob Rodriguez's ridiculous acclaim.

This has the…

• Tim

★★ Watched by Tim 27 Mar, 2014

Trash vom feinsten...

• dpettinger

★½ Watched by dpettinger 31 Mar, 2014

Rutger Hauer stats as a Hobo with a Shotgun! In b-movie terms it promises so much, but you'd be forgiven for seitchinv it off after five minutes and never coming back to it. Parts of this film are just woeful, Hauer and the girl he rescues add the films only likeable moments, and it does pick up, but in reality it's just badly made dross.

• Matisse van Rossum

★★★½ Rewatched by Matisse van Rossum 26 Mar, 2014

Hobo with a Shotgun is a blood drenched homage to 70's and 80's exploitation and grindhouse flicks, and it's main goal is to get in your face and make you uncomfortable. All I can say, is that it definitely accomplishes that goal. Stylistically, it's beautiful. Drenched in neon, shot in technicolor, and set in grimy set pieces populated by over the top characters, it's a visual shotgun blast to the face. The story is simple, easily summed up by the…

• Anders Nilsson

Added by Anders Nilsson

Titeln är tämligen självförklarande. Rutger Hauer röjer upp bland urbana avskum i slafsig splatterfest. Vad mer än så kan man önska sig?

• Gaz Shaw

Added by Gaz Shaw

As the title suggests, this film is pretty gory. Began as a satirical trailer for Grindhouse and, like Machete, this full-length adaption doesn’t quite live up to the earlier promise (but really, how could it?).

As a whole, the film just isn’t that good — Machete holds together better in its own right — and is fairly slow to get going. However, there are some interesting scenes here, particularly in the second half of the film. Rutger Hauer adds to the video shop pastiche, but it is the mysterious execution duo The Plague who take the cult spoils.

• Ron Gastgeb

★½ Added by Ron Gastgeb

Before I put this movie on, I ordered a couple sandwiches from a local pizza place. They failed to deliver all of my sandwiches. This was not as disappointing as Hobo With a Shotgun.

• Amanda

★★★★★ Watched by Amanda 14 Mar, 2014

So violent, so weird, so over-the-top. And oh my god, so damn awesome. This movie fuckin' rules.

• astrohkid

★★★★½ Watched by astrohkid 03 Nov, 2013

A double barreled over the top bloodbath of stylistic violence and neon colors. And I loved every second of it. Can I just say that this is one of the most visually stunning films I've ever seen? I'm not even joking a little bit. Every inch of the screen is used to its full potential filled with colors that pop and contrast with everything else. It makes it a joy to watch. Silhouettes and shadows are used to their full…

• Ashe Collins

★★½ Watched by Ashe Collins 07 Mar, 2014

This is one of those hard movies to wrap your head around. It's an exploitation style film made to look like a grindhouse exploitation flick and so bad and over-the-top it's too amusing not too enjoy, but at the same time you're wondering how many brain cells you're killing watching this one.