• NickNack

★★★★ Watched by NickNack 18 Jul, 2014

I Goddamn love this. This is harcore spray and pray with no holding back. Post-apocalyptic world, a lone gunman and two badass metallic goons. So much love for this flick, in fact I enjoyed it so much I spilt my beer all over my desk and myself - that's dedication into getting into the verisimilitude of the character.

Recommended by a mate who plays Fallout, was not disappointed, would watch again, I give it: 10 uncensored scenes out of 10.

• Todd Knaak

★★ Added by Todd Knaak

• Ian Buckwalter

★★★ Watched by Ian Buckwalter 16 May, 2011

Read my DCist review.

• TheCincyKid

★★½ Added by TheCincyKid

Having spun off from Rodriguez and Tarantino's gleeful Grindhouse exploitation throwback sandbox, it manages to be cruder, sicker and dumber than anything else from it. It's actually so over-the-top, excessive and outrageous that it's exhausting, pissing on any and every perception of good taste or even production value after about two minutes with neverending senseless perversion and cruelty. I had a pretty good time.

• zuhair vazir

★★★ Added by zuhair vazir

I went in for the kicks and Rutger Hauer (Blade Runner, 1982'; 'The Hitcher, 1986'; 'Split Second, 1992').

'Shotgun is a simple film; a film you where you can enjoy the popcorn even more. Yes, it is a simple film, which is nicely shot on a colour pallet. The movie is shot in stark, bold primary colours just like a grindhouse; a genre to which it definitely belongs.

We are shown the Hobo riding in an vacant cargo compartment of…

• Hydrola

★★★ Added by Hydrola

When Grindhouse was released back in 2007 it was filled with many fake trailers. Whilst none of them were originally intended for release, since then two of the trailers have become feature length films with both Machete and Hobo With a Shotgun getting feature length releases. In its original trailer the Hobo did everything from shooting robbers on the street to blasting out the brains of a paedophile Santa, all in the name of justice. Luckily the film brings all…

• ジェイソン

½ Watched by ジェイソン 02 Jun, 2014 1

• Josh

★★★★★ Rewatched by Josh 31 May, 2014

I'll never look at the song "Disco Inferno" the same way again. And that's a good thing. So many amazing and memorable scenes in this movie. This was the height of the grindhouse/exploitation-style comeback. Sorry, Black Dynamite and Machete. Rutger Hauer wins.

Also, someone give The Plague their own movie. Like, now. Either their intro story or the continuation from this movie. Just, please, let it happen.

• Peanuts

★★ Watched by Peanuts 25 May, 2014

Best aspect of the film is its soundtrack and lighting. Other then that, I couldnt wait for it to be over.

• Chetan

★★★ Watched by Chetan 18 May, 2014

Homeless guy, a hobo, decides to stand up to the corruption that has taken over this town he is new to. Cue wacky bad guys, some extreme violence, and Rutger Hauer just kicking some ass, and you've got Hobo with a Shotgun.

The title says it all really.

Reminds me of films by that Troma outfit.

• Martin Jensen

★★★½ Rewatched by Martin Jensen 18 May, 2014

For uni I've been reading the first ten pages of Harry Brown. It's weird because it reads like Hobo with a Shotgun that doesn't know it's Hobo with a Shotgun. For example, in an underpass "the barking high pitched thump of a beat box crackles with violence". What does that even mean? And yet it takes itself very seriously. This is Hobo with a Shotgun that knows it's Hobo with a Shotgun. And it's a lot of fun.

• Boost

★★★★½ Added by Boost

This film is amazing. Shot in mesmerizing, vibrant technicolor, the lighting and directing is impeccable. Some of the dialog is a bad joke, but a lot of it is awesome. "You and me are going on a car ride to hell. You're riding shotgun!" The effects are, of course, cheesy. Incredibly fun urban vigilante romp.