• Sasha

½ Watched by Sasha 04 Feb, 2016

At one point, there's something about bears.
    That's all I can take out of this movie.

• Josh Needle

Added by Josh Needle

Like It!

• Mitch Ringenberg

★★★★ Added by Mitch Ringenberg

Blood! Guts! Tentacles! The kid from Small Soldiers!

Behold, the transcendent beauty of its dialogue:

"I'm going to wash this blood off...with your blood."

"Welcome to Fucktown!"

"Lock him up with the sodomites and get me the god-damned chief of police."

"You're so hot, you make me want to cut my dick off and rub it all over your titties."

"Jerk off to THIS, you child molesting shitlicker!"

• Paul Derrick

★★★ Watched by Paul Derrick 23 Jan, 2016

Just by the title, I could always tell that Hobo with a Shotgun was going to be a fun bloody action movie, and I was completely right. Hobo is a tribute to the old exploitation movies of the 70's, based on a fake trailer from the Grindhouse double feature. Another film based on a fake trailer from that was last year's Machete. But Hobo is so much better.

The movie begins with a happy, overly bright view of the hobo…

• uhhhhh

★★★★½ Added by uhhhhh

Intentionally kitschy homage to exploitation that was surprisingly more genuine and less obnoxious than I expected.

• Ashley Shannon

★★★★★ Added by Ashley Shannon

Hobo With A Shotgun is part of a new wave of exploitation films originating from 2007's Grindhouse (Tarantino/Rodriguez) and the fake trailers that were filmed to connect that double feature. The film is the debut feature from Jason Eisener, who won the competition to have his fake trailer appear in the Grindhouse feature and follows Robert Rodriguez's Machete (2010) as the only other trailer to get the feature length treatment. Rutger Haur (Blade Runner, The Hitcher) stars as the eponymous…

• Bryan Colley

★★★ Added by Bryan Colley

Writer/director Jason Eisener should thank his lucky stars he got an actor as good as Rutger Hauer, who chews his way through this movie like it was Shakespeare. When Hauer's not on the screen, it's a shabby mish-mash of styles and ideas - striving to be as caustic as Robocop but failing to have anything much to say about the world. Plus the movie is overly stylized. It would have been better if they'd stuck to the realism of the original trailer. All I got out of it is that Rutger Hauer's career has been shameful. Still, the movie is fun, and better than Machete.

• Keith Abt

★★ Added by Keith Abt

The title tells you pretty much everything you need to know about this cartoonishly offensive, hilariously over the top "Grindhouse" inspired gore fest. Rutger Hauer is a hobo who hops off the train in a crime infested town. After several days of witnessing man's inhumanity to man on a constant basis, he takes it upon himself to start cleaning up its streets. This is a dead-on funny love letter to the exploitation/splatter flicks of the 70s/80s, complete with tons of brutal violence, hammy (on purpose) acting, funky music, and gore galore. If Troma had made "Death Wish 3," it would've looked something like this.

• Charles Arpin

★★★★ Added by Charles Arpin

Damn that was violent.

• Daryl

★★★ Watched by Daryl 01 Jan, 2016

Relentlessly violent with decent gore, wasn't actually sure what I was supposed to feel whilst watching this "grindhouse" film.

• Jake

★★ Watched by Jake 31 Dec, 2015

There are things I liked about this (Hauer, the soundtrack, the style) however all that and more is lost in a sea of needless violence and gore.

• Earl Woods

★★★ Watched by Earl Woods 26 May, 2012

Not as good as the trailer that inspired it, but still a worthy Grindhouse spinoff.