• fatpie42

½ Watched by fatpie42 08 Aug, 2011

Another movie in the Grindhouse style, but this time it's not from Tarantino or Rodriguez and it's starring Rutger Hauer. Now, I absolutely love Rutger Hauer. I was impressed to hear that he improvised the best lines in the Blade Runner movie. However, the movies which I love him for include Split Second (or "Rutger Hauer: Demon Hunter" as I like to call it) a horror-comedy/"buddy cop" movie where Rutger Hauer is hunting a demonic murderer that only he can…

• Jason Hernandez

★★★★½ Watched by Jason Hernandez 04 Oct, 2013

Entertainingly tasteless throwback to old B-movies that spares no blood or brutality in its darkly comic vision of a violent world. It's the touching story of a homeless vigilante in a city so violent that it feels post-apocalyptic (think Tromaville crossed with the Detroit of [i]Robocop[/i]). It's ultra-campy and the makers know it. They run with it—and then keep running with it, until they nearly stumble into surrealism. It all adds up to great unapologetic garbage that doesn't waste any…

• pillole di cinema

★★★½ Watched by pillole di cinema 21 Jul, 2013

Uno straordinario Rutger Hauer regge Hobo with a Shotgun e le sue fontane di sangue. Splatter vecchio stile che da le piste alla CGI #howsho

• Mike

★★★ Watched by Mike 08 Feb, 2015

Trashy fun.

• vatjin

★★★ Watched by vatjin 08 Feb, 2015

A mad rush of action, dialogues and heroism

• Oliver Paa

★½ Watched by Oliver Paa 06 Feb, 2015

This is destined to become a cult classic. Until then it's a pretty bad flick with some funny moments in it.

• Sabrina Hernandez

★★★★ Rewatched by Sabrina Hernandez 05 Feb, 2015 2

You and me are going on a car ride to hell! You're riding shotgun!

• Chris Alley

Watched by Chris Alley 26 May, 2011

Real fun and bloody homage to the grindhouse movies of the 1970s. Rutger Hauer was born to play this role. And did I mention the blood?

• Anthony Albarran

★★★½ Added by Anthony Albarran

A gross-out gorefest grindhouse film that, for me, did not quite stack up to Machete or Planet Terror.

• ShaunZombie

★★★½ Rewatched by ShaunZombie 18 Jan, 2015

=

• kpat

½ Added by kpat

The second worst movie I've ever seen

• QED

★★★ Watched by QED 18 Dec, 2014

Directed by Jason Eisener this film stars Rutger Hauer, Molly Dunsworth, Brian Downey and Gregory Smith. Arriving in town on the train a hobo dreams of buying a lawnmower but ends up cleaning up the streets with a shotgun.

There is some personality to this over the top violent homage to exploitation cinema which just about carries the film. While there might be some interesting things to say about homelessness and peoples attitudes to them as well as inner city…