• Liam Hathaway

★★½ Added by Liam Hathaway 2

A massively deranged but grossly violent exploitation throwback that isn't up to the same par as Planet Terror or Black Dynamite, but it is fairly entertaining nonetheless. It does however feature Rutger Hauer as the titular anti-hero so it's more than worth the watch.

• COBRARocky

★★★½ Watched by COBRARocky 18 Sep, 2014 5

A movie about a homeless man with a shotgun might sound a little dull when stretched out to 90 minutes. But with Rutger Hauer as your hobo, you have a hell of a movie.

This movie is just wonderfully bizarre and over the top. It feels VERY much like a Troma film, except strangely well done for what it is and Rutger Hauer really just owns it.

• J Hobbs

★★★★½ Watched by J Hobbs 31 Aug, 2014

I love this movie so much. It speaks to me

• Andrew Willis

★★½ Watched by Andrew Willis 28 Aug, 2011

I couldn't wait to see this movie. I almost rented it for like $12 a few months ago, but I decided to wait until it hit Netflix. It was worth the wait.

I bet you are wondering what this movie is about.

The film was made in part because of the Grindhouse films that Quentin Tarintino and Robert Rodeguiez made. They had a contest for the best fake trailer and this films entry won. It was then made into a…

• Patrik Christoffersson

★★★★★ Rewatched by Patrik Christoffersson 24 Aug, 2014

"Bloody" brilliant.

• Samuel

★★★★★ Rewatched by Samuel 24 Aug, 2014

I'm gonna sleep in your bloody carcasses tonight!

Five stars, fuck it. I love Hobo with a Shotgun.

A while ago I watched Machete Kills and my god that was an awful piece of cinema. Machete Kills is a good comparison to Hobo since just about everything Machete Kills fails in, Hobo with a Shotgun excels in. One is made by a high status, successful filmmaker and the other by some guy who nobody knows, who's previous efforts include a…

• Anny

★★½ Watched by Anny 17 Aug, 2014

Great cinematography, nice style and reminds me of Troma-ish plots we have seen all these years. Silly and lacking good dialogue, it will be only great if you dig that sorta of thing, at least it will be a nice aesthetically journey of a hobo with a shotgun, I guess.

• Rob McGregor

★★★½ Watched by Rob McGregor 02 Jan, 2014

In which... a spin-off of Grindhouse's existence did a better job of doing what both Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino intended with their own films. (May have the best pun I have seen committed to cinema too - Newspaper reads: 'Hobo Quits Begging, Demands Change')

• Michael

★★½ Watched by Michael 20 May, 2011

The filmmakers aimed for mediocrity and achieved it. Rutger Hauer saves the movie from being completely dismissible with his odd and humanizing performance. Molly Dunsworth as Abby offers her support in humanizing the movie as well. Brian Downey does a great cartoonish villain, but it's a one-note character and I tired of that note.

• Dave O'Driscoll

½ Watched by Dave O'Driscoll 10 Aug, 2014

Christ, that was appalling.

• caveman298

Watched by caveman298 02 Aug, 2014

Not even Rutger Hauer in the title role can save this from being completely dire.

• James James

★★★★ Added by James James

Another hodgepodge of a film. Very exploitive and very hilarious. Over the top performances, I could have sworn I was watching a Troma film except better. I would have rated this a 5 but I don't think it will hold up as much the second or third time around for this reviewer as he writes this.