• iceberrie

★★★ Watched by iceberrie 03 Jun, 2015

Oh. My. God. It’s so much fun! It embraces its ridiculousness and move forward and make something out of it. There are tons of scenes I can definitely say, “It’s so bad, it’s good.” Found another movie for drinking game. Awesome!

• Michael Dang

★★½ Watched by Michael Dang 19 Jun, 2015

Hobo ✓

Shotgun ✓

So much over the top blood and violence ✓✓✓✓✓

It's like a Quentin Tarantino film with less story and more blood and violence. Not the greatest movie but a fun watch.

• Jaime Grijalba

★★★★ Watched by Jaime Grijalba 20 Jun, 2015

Hobo with a Shotgun (2011)

8/10

Seriously, have you guys seen this movie? As I watched it I was reminded of how much talk about Mad Max: Fury Road was about how real it looked in all of its stunts and how it permeated some kind of feminism. Now, this has exactly the same properties, and yet I don't remember making that big of a splash when it came out, instead it was received with cries of "Whaaaat?" and "Huh,…

• MonsterAdams

★★½ Added by MonsterAdams

Somehow kinda boring, considering there's a lot of bright, comic book style action and hyper-violence. Apart from one really good scene involving a hospital corridor, the rest is entertaining, but forgettable.

• Ernst_Bitterman

½ Added by Ernst_Bitterman

I like Rutger Hauer. I like to support Canadian film-makers. I don't mind, without being a huge fan, exploitation films of the "one angry armed guy pushed too far" variety.

But I cannot begin to express how tedious this film was, and what a waste of the time and talent of several people it represents. It takes much too long to get to the "pushed too far" point, it veers aimlessly into supernatural elements long after such things should have…

• Popyura

★★½ Watched by Popyura 01 Jun, 2015

Strangely uninteresting

• OtisPGrumble

Watched by OtisPGrumble 29 May, 2015

Sigh.
    Here we go again.

Yet another example of a joke thats funny as a trailer but really boring a full length film. See also Machete, Machete Kills, Deathproof, Planet Terror and so on...

Shock horror but lets face it Grindhouse films were never really that great in the first place save for a handful of exceptions. They were mostly cheap, nasty, badly made schlock.

I never really got the point of spending lots of time, effort and money to…

• Hunter Ruth

★★ Watched by Hunter Ruth 25 May, 2015

The effects and violence were over the top and awesome. But not enough to justify the hour and a half of horrible writing and acting.

I look forward to seeing the twenty minute Treevenge.

• Rory M

Watched by Rory M 26 May, 2015 2

Hobo with a Shotgun, if the name doesn't give it away, this is one crazy ridiculously over the top film, fit to bursting with disgustingly awful crime lords and so much blood that even The Shining elevator scene pales in comparison. It's also total shit.

The aim of Hobo with a Shotgun is very obvious. It spends the first twenty minutes displaying some truly despicable acts from both the big crime boss of the town "The Drake" and this cohorts…

• Ghostsmut

½ Watched by Ghostsmut 17 May, 2015

Hobo With A Shotgun is not a bad film because it's tasteless. It's a bad film because it treats it's audience like shit.

Just having men scream the worst, most awful misogynistic threats to women but then having them get killed still doesn't justify the content. There is a lot of sick fun to be had here otherwise but I found its reliance on lowest common denominator button-pushing grew tiresome very quickly.

Simply, everyone in this should be killed.

• SmokingPizza

★★★★★ Added by SmokingPizza

If you don't love this movie then fuck you.

• thezoomfilmblog

★★★ Watched by thezoomfilmblog 14 May, 2015

A lot of silly and gory fun. Over-the-top and entertaining in every scene, if perhaps a touch repetitive.