• yellow_sub66

Watched by yellow_sub66 30 Sep, 2015

Hobo with a Shotgun fails at being anything better than a simple homage to 80's exploitation flicks, which weirdly is a rather overdone and unoriginal genre.

It's hard to complain about things like the shocking acting (except Hauer), gratuitous violence and dumb plot and dialogue because it was probably exactly what they were going for.

The film did step over the line at times and became something it didn't have to be by trying too hard to be ultra edgy…

• Ed Küpfer

★½ Watched by Ed Küpfer 22 Sep, 2015

Enjoyment: 3/10
    Quality: 5/10

I hate irony and nostalgia. Hobo is one or the other or both, but it's not the movie's fault I didn't like it more.

• Voina

★★★ Added by Voina

Some cult movie goodness full of hilarious and ridiculous situations as a Hobo brings justice to the exploited and victimized citizens of a city. His method if one could not ascertain it from the title is from the barrel of his shotgun. Very enjoyable but B quality without a doubt.

• Greg Sahadachny

★½ Watched by Greg Sahadachny 06 Sep, 2015 2

love hauer, he's a gem of an actor. but this movie is a pile of mean-spirited, "edgy" dogshit. terrible writing. hate the aesthetics. hate whatever filter of influences Eisener is cribbing. the movie *looks* good, but has little else worth seeing.

• Robert Boileau

★½ Watched by Robert Boileau 06 Sep, 2015

Mercifully, it's less than 1.5hr long.

They should have just left it as a fake trailer from Grindhouse. If it was witty, or funny, or cohesive maybe it would have been okay, but as it is, it's just an excuse to be goofy and gory.

Though, it did provide a lot of Canadians with jobs, so that's good.

"Yer crushing my smokes!"

• The Film Fox

★★★ Watched by The Film Fox 31 Aug, 2015

Not really sure if I liked this....but I did buy it.....so if I give it three stars and wait for a few months or so I may trick myself into thinking its better than it is...and my purchase will be justified.......................

• BennyWestside

★★★½ Added by BennyWestside

Classic B-Movie exploitation movie.

• Peter Valerio

★★★★ Watched by Peter Valerio 30 Aug, 2015

Rutger Hauer is my favorite vigilante.

This film is probably the best advertisement for AND against open carry.

• Kerry Rae Creasy

★★★½ Watched by Kerry Rae Creasy 29 Aug, 2015

The Dark Knight meets Sin City in Grindhouse fashion.

• Eli Hayes

★★★★ Watched by Eli Hayes 24 Aug, 2015 3

Jason Eisener should feel really bad about himself,
    and really fucking proud of himself at the same time.

• RobWilson

★★★½ Watched by RobWilson 14 Aug, 2012

A movie based on a fake movie trailer in (2007's good time) "Grindhouse". A hobo comes off the train to a horrible little place called Fucktown. The town is run by one nasty gangster guy who gives (Desperate Living)Queen Carlotta a good name. The hobo saves a hooker from possible rape/torture/murder. He goes to the police. The police turn him over to the bad guys. And soon we get our title. In every way this movie is over the top.…

• Nick Angarola