• QED

★★★ Watched by QED 18 Dec, 2014

Directed by Jason Eisener this film stars Rutger Hauer, Molly Dunsworth, Brian Downey and Gregory Smith. Arriving in town on the train a hobo dreams of buying a lawnmower but ends up cleaning up the streets with a shotgun.

There is some personality to this over the top violent homage to exploitation cinema which just about carries the film. While there might be some interesting things to say about homelessness and peoples attitudes to them as well as inner city…

• Michael Little

★★½ Rewatched by Michael Little 17 Dec, 2014

"When life gives you razor blades, you make a baseball bat... covered in razor blades"

I can completely understand why people would hate this film but it's really a lot of fun.. kind of. It's brutal and features some damn funny one liners. It's absolutely mental in all the right ways but it's not without it's problems which are basically.. endless.

• John Fitton

★★★★ Watched by John Fitton 15 Dec, 2014

Title says it all, a homeless man becomes a vigilante. Ultra gory and ridicules. Lots and lots of blood and then more lots of blood. Rutger Hauer plays the titled character, a psycho delivering his own brand of justice who happens to be somehow sympathetic at the same time.

The laws of society and logic does not dictate this movie, the streets and people are corrupt, the police are dirty and corrupt, the entire city is a living hell with…

• Tim

★★ Added by Tim 1

Those of us who grew up loving the films and remembering them fondly can thank Quentin Tarantino for bringing the grindhouse style of filmmaking back to the forefront with his spectacular film of the same name, complete with fake trailers. "Hobo With a Shotgun" is a full-length feature adapted from one of those trailers, the second of them to come along, and the look and feel is right, but it isn't much fun.

The picture is definitely campy enough, with…

• Dorian Rodríguez

★★★ Watched by Dorian Rodríguez 11 Nov, 2014

This looked so beautiful!

Yeah, it has bad acting, dialogue and it lacks depth, like an exploitation movie, and I loved it.

• James Kujawa

★★★½ Rewatched by James Kujawa 10 Nov, 2014

You have to be a real sick, depraved motherfucker to get any joy out of this movie. I mean, real fucked up in the head and a heavy presence on a number of government lists. Probably don't tell any of your parents, teachers, or any other authority figures if you get a real kick out of this movie and it's nitro neon color palate, tour de force performance from Rutger Hauer, and "lock this director up and throw away the key" level of violence.

Would watch again.

• Sc8lo

★★★ Watched by Sc8lo 13 May, 2011

A well made modern day Grindhouse that captures the tone perfectly. I would go as far as saying better than Deathproof in terms of recreating the vibe.

• Joe DiCanio

★★★★ Watched by Joe DiCanio 29 Apr, 2011

Rating: B+

• Radu Conopan

★★★½ Watched by Radu Conopan 28 Sep, 2014

A homeless vigilante blows away crooked cops, pedophile Santas, and other scumbags with his trusty pump-action shotgun.

• joenorwood77

★★★½ Watched by joenorwood77 02 Oct, 2014

"I'm gonna wash this blood off... with your blood."

Hobo with a Shotgun is better than expected and definitely not as bad as everyone says. First off, Rutger Hauer was the right fit for the part. I found this violent and gory film interesting and unique. Some of the script was good, while other parts of the dialogue lacked. The ending was not what I expected.

• Sarfaraz Abbasi

★★★½ Added by Sarfaraz Abbasi

Hobo With A Shotgun, starring Rutger Hauer.

I like this film, and enjoyed it as much as I did 'Machete'. It carries brilliant scenes, art-direction, as well as stunts. The characters of The Plague at the end of film, brought mesmerizing touch, though for brief scenes. Character of Hobo was truly faithful to its term, and etiquettes.

• RektByBaelish

★★★ Added by RektByBaelish

A surprisingly good action flick with a strong feeling from the Seventies.