• Curtis Alexander

Added by Curtis Alexander

Man, 1989 is getting to be a long time ago. There's one scene where the girl gets wrapped up in a phone cord, like those long springy ones on a wall phone in the kitchen, you know those ones. But they don't really exist any more.

• Roberts

★★★ Rewatched by Roberts 22 Jul, 2014

My niece wanted to see it and it was on Netflix so...

It's a fine kids movie, I guess, but the most fascinating thing about it is that the idea came from the twisted minds of Stuart Gordon and Brian Yuzna

Later we watched a few minutes from one of the sequels (We Shrunk Ourselves) and it was incredible how much worse and lame it was compared to the original.

• refocusedmedia

★★★½ Rewatched by refocusedmedia 11 Jul, 2014

This is quality filmmaking that also happens to be family-friendly without being animated -- a rare combination these days. Funny, silly at times, heartfelt, relatable, uncomplicated, adventurous, and entertaining. The practical effects are still incredible as well.

• Joshua Correll

★★★½ Rewatched by Joshua Correll 13 Jul, 2014

...and speaking of special effects (see my reviews for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and Journey to the West) Honey, I Shrunk the Kids is a hell of a lot of fun if for nothing but them. Probably filmed at about the peak of practical special effects, and while I'm glad we have films like Planet of the Apes with amazingly realistic effects, I'm also glad I can go back to this with something that's just comes across as pure joy.

• Emmanuel Serratos

★★★ Watched by Emmanuel Serratos 14 Jul, 2014

Not as good as Good Burger

• Brandon Hart

★★★½ Watched by Brandon Hart 14 Jul, 2014

Great practical effects and genuine peril make this a pretty solid family adventure film.

• Chris

★★★★★ Rewatched by Chris 12 Jul, 2014

One of the best Adventure films for kids

• RyanLeach

★★★½ Rewatched by RyanLeach 11 Jul, 2014

Watched this classic with my kids. Man do I feel old, watching movies I enjoyed as a kid with my kids. We enjoyed it.

• wildlark

★★★ Rewatched by wildlark 10 Jul, 2014 1

A very goofy family film with some very neat production design. While creatively done and nostalgic for many viewers, this film came a little before my time, and so I'm not the right person to appreciate all this late-1980s cheese. Still, it's cute.

Claire's A Film A Day, 2014: Day 191

• Bryony Diaz Rodriguez

★★★★★ Rewatched by Bryony Diaz Rodriguez 07 Jul, 2014

This movie is so great. It reminds me of a time where there could be movies without CGI and totally rock the boat. A+++

• GiddyNGleeful

★★★½ Added by GiddyNGleeful

Impressive-ish effects and hit-or-miss jokes abound in this film in which Rick Moranis is taller than his co-stars for once.

• Terence Page

★★★½ Rewatched by Terence Page 04 Jul, 2014

A nice family movie with great production design.