• Joe DiCanio

Rating: B+

• AnthonyFTMFW

★★★★ Added by AnthonyFTMFW

"Somebody get my cookie!" - Amy O'Neil

The internet has completely warped entire scenes in this movie for me. Still a classic, still great!

Anty embodies the cost of fighting determinism with free will. You deviate from society, you don't conform, you're gonna get it. The Szalinskis are in for at least another two movies of hurt.

• Matt Thomas

★★★★ Rewatched by Matt Thomas 30 Sep, 2014

An oldie but a goodie. Great in-camera effects, solid pacing, and a film I have a personal soft-spot for. A guilty pleasure.

• Chad Anderson

★★★ Rewatched by Chad Anderson 30 Sep, 2014 2

I do not think I had seen this since I originally saw this in the theater. It was pretty entertaining to see things from back in 1989 and it was pretty fun to see a much younger Matt Frewer but this was otherwise forgettable and could have been much better done. That small in the backyard could have been an amazing adventure but it felt pretty silly wasting so much time with Rick Moranis antics.

• Alesia

★★★★½ Watched by Alesia 01 Sep, 1992

A fun-filled family film from Disney. I loved this movie when I was a kid. As the title says, the kids in the movie get shrunk smaller than ants. It's really cool, and I recommend it.

• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★★ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 29 Jul, 2014

This late '80s family classic is full of wit and charm. Its special and visual effects are, in my opinion, far from dated and still look impressive, and it is precisely on the visual side where most of the movie’s magic resides. Honey, I Shrunk the Kids is a good taste of healthy Disney family fun that I’m sure would get at least a smile from anyone no matter the age and, why not, more than a few laughs too. I know it did get them from me.

• Luke

★★★½ Rewatched by Luke 28 Aug, 2014 1

Wow, i forgot how much i like this movie. It was so fun to rewatch, this time with my son. Despite it's now apparent flaws, i was still thoroughly entertained. I can only imagine how much fun watching this is for children. It really was a unique and well played idea in its time. Especially, the confrontations with the various insects.

I love it when Wayne tells the neighbors "oh, no, no, if the machine had blown up the kids…

• Austin Bryant

★★★½ Rewatched by Austin Bryant 17 Aug, 2014

Like getting a visit from an old friend... Who you now realize is a dirty, rotten thief. ;)

• Yam

Watched by Yam 09 Aug, 2014

Wow. Just wow.

• Maverick1701A

★★★★ Rewatched by Maverick1701A 07 Aug, 2014

Honey I Shrunk The Kids is a family film classic. I have not seen it in many years, but when I came across the DVD at my local Walmart I couldn't pass up a trip down memory lane. Rick Moranis plays a troubled professor that is attempting to develop a device to shrink matter. One day when he is away his two children along with 2 neighbors end up being accidentally shrunken. They find themselves at the curb of the…

• sfkb

★★★★ Watched by sfkb 07 Aug, 2014

besteware

• Chris Vallée

★★★½ Rewatched by Chris Vallée 30 Jul, 2014

It was a fun trip down memory lane watching this movie again. This particular VHS got frequent plays in my household in the early 90's, and watching it again so many years later brought back lots of nostalgic feelings. Its a fun adventure that surprisingly showcases a somewhat more realistic family dynamic amid all the crazy sci-fi shenanigans. The mother/father relationship depicted in the film is shown to be on somewhat rocky ground, which seemed odd for a kids movie,…