• J. DeLeón-Serratos

★★★★ Rewatched by J. DeLeón-Serratos 19 Oct, 2014 2

¡Luba vio su primer película escrita por Stuart Gordon y Brian Yuzna!

Y no es sorpresa, sigue siendo tremendamente entretenida.

• Fran

★★★½ Added by Fran

This also gave me nightmares as a kid.

• willmoviefan97

★★★½ Added by willmoviefan97

RIP Marcia Strassman (Mrs. Szalinski). These were really the only movies I knew her from (although I know she was well known for the old Welcome Back Kotter), but still sad to hear. Found her actually very attractive in these movies, and looking at more recent pics of her it seemed like she aged pretty well.

• Maxwell Anderson

★★★★ Watched by Maxwell Anderson 18 Oct, 2014 13

It was really good. I liked all the characters, especially the older kid from the other house. It was weird when the dad and mom were on those crazy things swinging over the yard. I liked the part where they found anty. I thought he looked awesome! I'd like to see the sequels.

• wheathusker

★★★½ Watched by wheathusker 18 Oct, 2014 4

Enjoyable silly film with relatively good acting and horrible special effects. Never had much of an opinion on Rick Moranis, but he was very well suited to the role. The idea opens up so many possibilities and it was a bit disappointing how little they did with it. I was hoping that they were going to go into a hive with the bee, but no such luck! Interesting that they went so deep with the flirting between the teenagers, to…

• Joe DiCanio

★★★★ Rewatched by Joe DiCanio 21 Jul, 2014

Rating: B+

• AnthonyFTMFW

★★★★ Added by AnthonyFTMFW

"Somebody get my cookie!" - Amy O'Neil

The internet has completely warped entire scenes in this movie for me. Still a classic, still great!

Anty embodies the cost of fighting determinism with free will. You deviate from society, you don't conform, you're gonna get it. The Szalinskis are in for at least another two movies of hurt.

• Matt Thomas

★★★★ Rewatched by Matt Thomas 30 Sep, 2014

An oldie but a goodie. Great in-camera effects, solid pacing, and a film I have a personal soft-spot for. A guilty pleasure.

• Chad Anderson

★★★ Rewatched by Chad Anderson 30 Sep, 2014 2

I do not think I had seen this since I originally saw this in the theater. It was pretty entertaining to see things from back in 1989 and it was pretty fun to see a much younger Matt Frewer but this was otherwise forgettable and could have been much better done. That small in the backyard could have been an amazing adventure but it felt pretty silly wasting so much time with Rick Moranis antics.

• Alesia

★★★★½ Watched by Alesia 01 Sep, 1992

A fun-filled family film from Disney. I loved this movie when I was a kid. As the title says, the kids in the movie get shrunk smaller than ants. It's really cool, and I recommend it.

• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★★ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 29 Jul, 2014

This late '80s family classic is full of wit and charm. Its special and visual effects are, in my opinion, far from dated and still look impressive, and it is precisely on the visual side where most of the movie’s magic resides. Honey, I Shrunk the Kids is a good taste of healthy Disney family fun that I’m sure would get at least a smile from anyone no matter the age and, why not, more than a few laughs too. I know it did get them from me.

• Luke

★★★½ Rewatched by Luke 28 Aug, 2014 1

Wow, i forgot how much i like this movie. It was so fun to rewatch, this time with my son. Despite it's now apparent flaws, i was still thoroughly entertained. I can only imagine how much fun watching this is for children. It really was a unique and well played idea in its time. Especially, the confrontations with the various insects.

I love it when Wayne tells the neighbors "oh, no, no, if the machine had blown up the kids…