• Matt G

★★½ Watched by Matt G 24 Apr, 2015

The most popular film of 1989 that I had not seen

Yes - It's a kid's movie and the effects are a bit dated, but not a terrible film.

• nathp

★★★★ Rewatched by nathp 12 Apr, 2015

+ 1 1/2 * - way better than I remembered, especially structurally and visually.

• Nick Box

★★★★ Rewatched by Nick Box 14 Mar, 2015

Classic still loads of fun great score great effects cLassic

• Bob Cashill

★★★½ Rewatched by Bob Cashill 08 Mar, 2015

My kids were thoroughly amused by this charmer, and so was I (again). In spirit it's the closest 80s Disney came to approximating its 70s live-action predecessors, but the execution is much better. Lo-fi and pre-CGI, with a stop-motion bug battle reminiscent of THE BLACK SCORPION of all things.

• Daniel

★★½ Rewatched by Daniel 07 Mar, 2015

Der Film hat eine großartige Grundidee. Leider wurde auf dieser aufbauend ein 0815-Hollywood-Drehbuch geschrieben, das wirklich jedes Klischee erfüllt, das man in einem "How to write a screenplay"-Ratgeber findet.

Allerdings reißen die liebevollen Kulissen und Spät-80er-Effekte die uninspirierte Story wieder etwas raus.

• edward

★★★ Rewatched by edward 28 Feb, 2015 1

BOX OFFICE. 💰💰💰 💲222.7 million

Rick Moranis is a scientist/inventor who tries to create a shrinking laser. However, it doesn't work until some kids hit a baseball in and block one of the lasers. When they go to grab the ball, they get zapped down to miniature size. When Moranis comes home, he inadvertently sweeps them up and puts them in the trash outside. They then have to go through the jungle of their lawn to get back home. Although…

• Matt Wooldridge

★★★ Watched by Matt Wooldridge 23 Dec, 1989

A fun family adventure that decides all it needs is a backyard for a location. It turns this familiar territory into an exciting landscape when our heroes - or families - are shrunken thanks to Rick Moranis' tech. He sells the premise well and there are enough fun moments to make for a tidy adventure, but one exclusively for the kids.

• Justin Robert Vinall

★★½ Watched by Justin Robert Vinall 23 Feb, 2015

A fun film that has entertaining set pieces and a great soundtrack!

Rick Moranis plays a wacky dad scientist, he's pretty funny for the most part and everyone around him is either forgettable or memorable for being annoying. In terms of character relationships, it's rushed, unexplored and boring at times.

The film makes up with the lack of character with amazing set pieces that have great action sequences. The special effects are dated for sure and look bad at times…

• Dæl Ryian ßxott Hu'ciŋson :Born In the Year of the Samurai

½ Added by Dæl Ryian ßxott Hu'ciŋson :Born In the Year of the Samurai

Well Surprise, I don't like this movie. it's just Stupid, and dumb. I would get into it but that would mean watching it again to point out the asininery this movie spews out...

Matt fewer I stuck by you as Sherlock but this. NO!

• Chris Maxwell

★★★½ Rewatched by Chris Maxwell 15 Feb, 2015

The movie holds up. A family film, of course, but the story is tight, Moranis is always great, and count me as a fan of the jokes in the script. Special effects weren't as great as I remembered, but serviceable by today's standards.

• Priscila Ramirez

★★★ Added by Priscila Ramirez

"El efecto especial, entonces aun en mi época, era muy impresionante, y la historia en sí, muy divertida"

• MsStackattack

★★★★ Rewatched by MsStackattack 08 Feb, 2015

Is this a metaphor for kids feeling like their parents never really "see" them?