• Scalice

★★★★ Rewatched by Scalice 23 Apr, 2014

I enjoyed watching it as a young child and I enjoyed watching it now, as an adult. The graphics are quite outdated in parts but I find it doesn't take away from the film at all. Funny, good spirited, but serious in the matters concerning family issues. The main adolescent characters are thrown into a world littered with danger, adventure and wonder as they see the world from a different perspective.

• Walter Farley

★★★ Added by Walter Farley

watched it again and still like it.... and I am not afraid to admit it!

• Suzanne Moses

★★★½ Added by Suzanne Moses

When I first saw this film, it was the funniest thing ever.

• Richard Trapp

★★★★ Watched by Richard Trapp 03 Apr, 2014 2

"Hey wait! I get it! FRENCH CLASS!"

There's nothing really more to say about this film other than it's perfectly executed escapism. It has a job, to entertain, and does it with gusto, thanks to some wonderfully inventive set-pieces and a likeable cast of actors.

It's also worth mentioning that it's the only film that has made me sympathetic towards the creature I fear most... the ant.

• andcam

★★★½ Rewatched by andcam 29 Mar, 2014

Saturday night is family movie night. This week's classic instalment enjoyed by all!

• Dave

★★★ Rewatched by Dave 10 Mar, 2014

The scientist father of a teenage girl and boy accidentally shrinks his and two other neighborhood teens to the size of insects. Now the teens must fight diminutive dangers as the father searches for them. - IMDB

My eight year old self watching a movie about a bunch of kids that have been shrunken down to the size of an insect, battling all the elements in a regular suburban backyard, coupled with a new Roger Rabbit short in the cinema:…

• Manoj Mathew

★★★½ Rewatched by Manoj Mathew 28 Feb, 2014

25 years later and this movie still holds up. The writing and performances - especially by the kids are great. Bottom line: The imagination that went into this movie is hard to beat - no CGI here folks and that's what makes this one all the more special to watch.

• Nuno Costa

★★★ Rewatched by Nuno Costa 23 Feb, 2014

Viewed on Netflix

Another rewatch from my Recorded Off T.V. list.
    H, ISTK is a good adventure that gets really hampered by unlikeable kids.
    I've felt this way about it ever since seeing it in 1989.
    As a kid, I always wanted to go along on the adventure but I didn't what to hang out with those kids.
    Watching it today with my wife & son, what I enjoyed most were the performances by Rick Moranis & Matt Frewer.

• Aljosa

★★★ Watched by Aljosa 18 Feb, 2014

Much 80's
    Very Moranis

Wow

• Jeff

★★★ Rewatched by Jeff 18 Feb, 2014

Surprisingly, this is still totally fun to watch as an adult.

• Charlie Derry

★★★★ Watched by Charlie Derry 19 Jan, 2014

A great family film, and one of my childhood favourites. I wish I could ride a giant ant!

• Nablo

★★★½ Rewatched by Nablo 26 Jan, 2014

A film about the slowest and laziest kids going. It takes them a whole day to walk 3 miles? But who knew Ants could be so cute?

"Nick Szalinski: We're now a quarter of an inch tall, and 64 feet from the house. That's an equivalent of three-point-two miles. That's a long way. Even for a man of science."