• Richard Trapp

★★★★ Watched by Richard Trapp 03 Apr, 2014 2

"Hey wait! I get it! FRENCH CLASS!"

There's nothing really more to say about this film other than it's perfectly executed escapism. It has a job, to entertain, and does it with gusto, thanks to some wonderfully inventive set-pieces and a likeable cast of actors.

It's also worth mentioning that it's the only film that has made me sympathetic towards the creature I fear most... the ant.

• andcam

★★★½ Rewatched by andcam 29 Mar, 2014

Saturday night is family movie night. This week's classic instalment enjoyed by all!

• Dave

★★★ Rewatched by Dave 10 Mar, 2014

The scientist father of a teenage girl and boy accidentally shrinks his and two other neighborhood teens to the size of insects. Now the teens must fight diminutive dangers as the father searches for them. - IMDB

My eight year old self watching a movie about a bunch of kids that have been shrunken down to the size of an insect, battling all the elements in a regular suburban backyard, coupled with a new Roger Rabbit short in the cinema:…

• Manoj Mathew

★★★½ Rewatched by Manoj Mathew 28 Feb, 2014

25 years later and this movie still holds up. The writing and performances - especially by the kids are great. Bottom line: The imagination that went into this movie is hard to beat - no CGI here folks and that's what makes this one all the more special to watch.

• Nuno Costa

★★★ Rewatched by Nuno Costa 23 Feb, 2014

Viewed on Netflix

Another rewatch from my Recorded Off T.V. list.
    H, ISTK is a good adventure that gets really hampered by unlikeable kids.
    I've felt this way about it ever since seeing it in 1989.
    As a kid, I always wanted to go along on the adventure but I didn't what to hang out with those kids.
    Watching it today with my wife & son, what I enjoyed most were the performances by Rick Moranis & Matt Frewer.

• Aljosa

★★★ Watched by Aljosa 18 Feb, 2014

Much 80's
    Very Moranis

Wow

• Jeff

★★★ Rewatched by Jeff 18 Feb, 2014

Surprisingly, this is still totally fun to watch as an adult.

• Charlie Derry

★★★★ Watched by Charlie Derry 19 Jan, 2014

A great family film, and one of my childhood favourites. I wish I could ride a giant ant!

• Nablo

★★★½ Rewatched by Nablo 26 Jan, 2014

A film about the slowest and laziest kids going. It takes them a whole day to walk 3 miles? But who knew Ants could be so cute?

"Nick Szalinski: We're now a quarter of an inch tall, and 64 feet from the house. That's an equivalent of three-point-two miles. That's a long way. Even for a man of science."

• mook

★★★ Rewatched by mook 20 Jan, 2014

Joe Johnston's suburban SciFi adventure is not as good as I remember but it still holds up pretty well thanks to a fun concept, charming effects and nostalgia. 6/10.

• Maisie

★★★ Rewatched by Maisie 19 Jan, 2014

A classic film from most childhoods I suspect.

• J. Matthew Lucas

★★★½ Rewatched by J. Matthew Lucas 05 Jan, 2014

Before Disney decided to make Ant-Man, they made Honey, I Shrunk the Kids, a film that pointed out that being 1/4 inch tall would not be cool, but would actually be the worst thing in the world. The film of course mines the concept for fun family adventure, but where the film really holds up is how amazing the sets are, and how the film creates a world that seems big, or small.

10 years removed from when I last…