• Luke

★★★½ Rewatched by Luke 28 Aug, 2014 1

Wow, i forgot how much i like this movie. It was so fun to rewatch, this time with my son. Despite it's now apparent flaws, i was still thoroughly entertained. I can only imagine how much fun watching this is for children. It really was a unique and well played idea in its time. Especially, the confrontations with the various insects.

I love it when Wayne tells the neighbors "oh, no, no, if the machine had blown up the kids…

• Austin Bryant

★★★½ Rewatched by Austin Bryant 17 Aug, 2014

Like getting a visit from an old friend... Who you now realize is a dirty, rotten thief. ;)

• Yam

Watched by Yam 09 Aug, 2014

Wow. Just wow.

• Maverick1701A

★★★★ Rewatched by Maverick1701A 07 Aug, 2014

Honey I Shrunk The Kids is a family film classic. I have not seen it in many years, but when I came across the DVD at my local Walmart I couldn't pass up a trip down memory lane. Rick Moranis plays a troubled professor that is attempting to develop a device to shrink matter. One day when he is away his two children along with 2 neighbors end up being accidentally shrunken. They find themselves at the curb of the…

• sfkb

★★★★ Watched by sfkb 07 Aug, 2014

besteware

• Chris Vallée

★★★½ Rewatched by Chris Vallée 30 Jul, 2014

It was a fun trip down memory lane watching this movie again. This particular VHS got frequent plays in my household in the early 90's, and watching it again so many years later brought back lots of nostalgic feelings. Its a fun adventure that surprisingly showcases a somewhat more realistic family dynamic amid all the crazy sci-fi shenanigans. The mother/father relationship depicted in the film is shown to be on somewhat rocky ground, which seemed odd for a kids movie,…

• Corey Pierce

★★★½ Rewatched by Corey Pierce 27 Jul, 2014

In case you think this movie "feels like yesterday", the kid with the lawnmower was sentenced to 10 years for armed robbery and then died from a heroin overdose. You're old.

• jimmyjone

★★★★ Added by jimmyjone 1

This was always a decent movie, but now that I'm an adult I can watch it AND recognize Matt Frewer.

• David Topper

★★★★ Watched by David Topper 25 Jul, 2014

While it is always a little dangerous to re-watch films from your childhood, especially those made in the 80's, Honey I Shrunk the Kids is pure entertainment at its best.

There are very few films that manage to evoke back to one's childhood and still remain great as you grow up, but this film manages that difficult task.

While there is not much of a story to say, the journey those four kids must take through their back yard is…

• Curtis Alexander

Added by Curtis Alexander

Man, 1989 is getting to be a long time ago. There's one scene where the girl gets wrapped up in a phone cord, like those long springy ones on a wall phone in the kitchen, you know those ones. But they don't really exist any more.

• Roberts

★★★ Rewatched by Roberts 22 Jul, 2014

My niece wanted to see it and it was on Netflix so...

It's a fine kids movie, I guess, but the most fascinating thing about it is that the idea came from the twisted minds of Stuart Gordon and Brian Yuzna

Later we watched a few minutes from one of the sequels (We Shrunk Ourselves) and it was incredible how much worse and lame it was compared to the original.

• refocusedmedia

★★★½ Rewatched by refocusedmedia 11 Jul, 2014

This is quality filmmaking that also happens to be family-friendly without being animated -- a rare combination these days. Funny, silly at times, heartfelt, relatable, uncomplicated, adventurous, and entertaining. The practical effects are still incredible as well.