• Corey Pierce

★★★½ Rewatched by Corey Pierce 27 Jul, 2014

In case you think this movie "feels like yesterday", the kid with the lawnmower was sentenced to 10 years for armed robbery and then died from a heroin overdose. You're old.

• jimmyjone

★★★★ Added by jimmyjone 1

This was always a decent movie, but now that I'm an adult I can watch it AND recognize Matt Frewer.

• David Topper

★★★★ Watched by David Topper 25 Jul, 2014

While it is always a little dangerous to re-watch films from your childhood, especially those made in the 80's, Honey I Shrunk the Kids is pure entertainment at its best.

There are very few films that manage to evoke back to one's childhood and still remain great as you grow up, but this film manages that difficult task.

While there is not much of a story to say, the journey those four kids must take through their back yard is…

• Curtis Alexander

Added by Curtis Alexander

Man, 1989 is getting to be a long time ago. There's one scene where the girl gets wrapped up in a phone cord, like those long springy ones on a wall phone in the kitchen, you know those ones. But they don't really exist any more.

• Roberts

★★★ Rewatched by Roberts 22 Jul, 2014

My niece wanted to see it and it was on Netflix so...

It's a fine kids movie, I guess, but the most fascinating thing about it is that the idea came from the twisted minds of Stuart Gordon and Brian Yuzna

Later we watched a few minutes from one of the sequels (We Shrunk Ourselves) and it was incredible how much worse and lame it was compared to the original.

• refocusedmedia

★★★½ Rewatched by refocusedmedia 11 Jul, 2014

This is quality filmmaking that also happens to be family-friendly without being animated -- a rare combination these days. Funny, silly at times, heartfelt, relatable, uncomplicated, adventurous, and entertaining. The practical effects are still incredible as well.

• Joshua Correll

★★★½ Rewatched by Joshua Correll 13 Jul, 2014

...and speaking of special effects (see my reviews for Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and Journey to the West) Honey, I Shrunk the Kids is a hell of a lot of fun if for nothing but them. Probably filmed at about the peak of practical special effects, and while I'm glad we have films like Planet of the Apes with amazingly realistic effects, I'm also glad I can go back to this with something that's just comes across as pure joy.

• Emmanuel Serratos

★★★ Watched by Emmanuel Serratos 14 Jul, 2014

Not as good as Good Burger

• Brandon Hart

★★★½ Watched by Brandon Hart 14 Jul, 2014

Great practical effects and genuine peril make this a pretty solid family adventure film.

• Chris

★★★★★ Rewatched by Chris 12 Jul, 2014

One of the best Adventure films for kids

• RyanLeach

★★★½ Rewatched by RyanLeach 11 Jul, 2014

Watched this classic with my kids. Man do I feel old, watching movies I enjoyed as a kid with my kids. We enjoyed it.

• wildlark

★★★ Rewatched by wildlark 10 Jul, 2014 1

A very goofy family film with some very neat production design. While creatively done and nostalgic for many viewers, this film came a little before my time, and so I'm not the right person to appreciate all this late-1980s cheese. Still, it's cute.

Claire's A Film A Day, 2014: Day 191