• Tim Ehrens

★★★ Rewatched by Tim Ehrens 30 Jan, 2015

"I'm on a special diet. No toxic waste."

A fun, cute family film or a grim, techno-phobic allegory on the dangers of man vs. machine? Could go either way, but ah....

I took a little nostalgic trip down memory lane today. When I was a pre-pubescent cinephile, Honey, I Shrunk the Kids was sort of always present in my life. I must've played that VHS tape a thousand times and it always staked out a place right near the Ehrens'…

• Nadine Keels

★★★★ Added by Nadine Keels

Excitement, laughs, scares, grief, and a little teen romance on this one-of-a-kind adventure. I always wished I could've eaten a piece of the giant Oatmeal Creme Pie!

• Nudeviking

★★★ Rewatched by Nudeviking 03 Jan, 2015

A rather fantastical work of scientific fiction! A somewhat dunderheaded inventor creates a device that can alter the size of whatever the aforementioned contraption is used upon.

One day, the device is used, unbeknownst to the dunderheaded inventor, upon the inventor's children, a girl-child of some 15 years, and a boy-child of perhaps 8, as well as a pair of urchins from the neighboring house.

These four children are inadvertently disposed of with the rubbish and must return to their…

• Jacob deNobel

Watched by Jacob deNobel 14 Nov, 2014

One of the last great practical effects films. Like Godzilla flicks, it's two-stage entertainment. On one level you enjoy the narrative as told, on the other, you enjoy imagining yourself playing around in these giant sets. Nothing super special, but a good premise executed well. Doesn't overstay its welcome.

• Joey

★★★½ Added by Joey

One of those movies I always enjoyed, but never thought the world of. Can't deny that it's well made, though.

• Lyzette

★★★ Rewatched by Lyzette 14 Nov, 2014

Film #10 of NOVEMBER DISNEY EXTRAVAGANZA on Films Like Dreams - give my blog some hits!

Honey, I Shrunk the Kids seems to fall within the pile of those family-targeted films that everyone has seen, yet doesn’t seem to stand out as something particularly distinct or special to its viewers. Frankly, I do remember watching this movie as a youngster, yet remember little to nothing about it. If anything, it stands as being one of the standout features starring Rick…

• eXtreme eVolution

★★½ Watched by eXtreme eVolution 26 Nov, 1993

A childhood fantasy.

• walatomus27

★★★★ Added by walatomus27

Funny movie with kool concept

• MovieMan23

★★★ Added by MovieMan23

Funny movie that is original.

• J. DeLeón-Serratos

★★★★ Rewatched by J. DeLeón-Serratos 19 Oct, 2014 2

¡Luba vio su primer película escrita por Stuart Gordon y Brian Yuzna!

Y no es sorpresa, sigue siendo tremendamente entretenida.

• Fran

★★★½ Added by Fran

This also gave me nightmares as a kid.

• willmoviefan97

★★★½ Added by willmoviefan97

RIP Marcia Strassman (Mrs. Szalinski). These were really the only movies I knew her from (although I know she was well known for the old Welcome Back Kotter), but still sad to hear. Found her actually very attractive in these movies, and looking at more recent pics of her it seemed like she aged pretty well.