• Welton Rodrigo Torres Nascimento

★★½ Watched by Welton Rodrigo Torres Nascimento 01 Jul, 2015

Alguns filmes é melhor não rever.

• Warriors

★★★ Added by Warriors

This one is so hilareous that it is a gem. Rick Moranis is a grazy guy and the filming locations are great with the typical American houses and all that goes on inside these houses!

• matt lynch

★★★ Rewatched by matt lynch 28 Jun, 2015

I didn't realize that Stuart Gordon and Brian Yuzna originated this material, or that Gordon intended to direct but became ill, so I couldn't help but imagine the darker, meaner, funnier version of this he might have created (a pointless exercise given that Disney likely never would have made such a thing, but still). While this could be more exciting (there's a lot of dead air, especially with Matt Frewer as a cranky neighbor), the choice of Joe Johnston as…

• LillaLili

Added by LillaLili

drágám a kölykök összementek

• dstorm

★★★★★ Rewatched by dstorm 17 May, 2015

I love the set design in this movie! This is always one of my favorite go-to films for citing how much more "real" practical effects are. There are some post effects in here, but much of the world was actually built. Everything in a movie is a manufacture of a given reality. I just think that computer generated realities feel a little more fake, than hand built ones. It's something about being tactile. I know when something is fake, and…

• savvybulge

★★★★ Added by savvybulge

I haven't seen this movie in 25 years yet I know every line. Except "Plumbing." That is I knew the line but didn't understand the meaning. Until now. At under 10, I had not yet had sex ed in school or otherwise, so when Big Russ Thompson gives "plumbing" as an excuse to not go camping, I understood it to mean plumbing. Awesome. Someone should make a kids movie full of vague, vulgar adult references that kids wouldn't get, so…

• Matt G

★★½ Watched by Matt G 24 Apr, 2015

The most popular film of 1989 that I had not seen

Yes - It's a kid's movie and the effects are a bit dated, but not a terrible film.

• nathp

★★★★ Rewatched by nathp 12 Apr, 2015

+ 1 1/2 * - way better than I remembered, especially structurally and visually.

• Nick Box

★★★★ Rewatched by Nick Box 14 Mar, 2015

Classic still loads of fun great score great effects cLassic

• Bob Cashill

★★★½ Rewatched by Bob Cashill 08 Mar, 2015

My kids were thoroughly amused by this charmer, and so was I (again). In spirit it's the closest 80s Disney came to approximating its 70s live-action predecessors, but the execution is much better. Lo-fi and pre-CGI, with a stop-motion bug battle reminiscent of THE BLACK SCORPION of all things.

• Daniel

★★½ Rewatched by Daniel 07 Mar, 2015

Der Film hat eine großartige Grundidee. Leider wurde auf dieser aufbauend ein 0815-Hollywood-Drehbuch geschrieben, das wirklich jedes Klischee erfüllt, das man in einem "How to write a screenplay"-Ratgeber findet.

Allerdings reißen die liebevollen Kulissen und Spät-80er-Effekte die uninspirierte Story wieder etwas raus.

• edward

★★★ Rewatched by edward 28 Feb, 2015 1

BOX OFFICE. 💰💰💰 💲222.7 million

Rick Moranis is a scientist/inventor who tries to create a shrinking laser. However, it doesn't work until some kids hit a baseball in and block one of the lasers. When they go to grab the ball, they get zapped down to miniature size. When Moranis comes home, he inadvertently sweeps them up and puts them in the trash outside. They then have to go through the jungle of their lawn to get back home. Although…