• jimmyjone

★★½ Added by jimmyjone

One of the goals of this movie seems to have been to have scenes/shots that finally followed through on the promise of so many old horror movie posters. I don't care for the new horror aesthetic, and I generally think most filmmakers miss the mark when they try to recreate the 1970s mood and look, but I do have to admit that Captain Spaulding really does feel like he fits in 1977.

• Raven Ariola

★★★★½ Rewatched by Raven Ariola 14 Jun, 2016

Moving this one up to my top 4. House of 1000 corpses has always been a favorite, but it's been a while since I've last watched it. Top 4 spot rightfully earned. Rob Zombie truly is an artist.

• Rachel Kingery

★★★★½ Added by Rachel Kingery

hOLY SHIT Y'ALL THIS MOVIE IS RAD

• Maria Teresa

★½ Watched by Maria Teresa 24 May, 2016

The things they make me watch at the internship...

• Ryne Moore

★★★★★ Watched by Ryne Moore 24 May, 2016

A

• A W

★★★★★ Rewatched by A W 23 May, 2016

One of the greasy greats!

• kay

★★★★ Added by kay

I LOVE THIS FILM I LOVE HOW FUCKED UP IT IS I LOVE THE BEAUTIFUL COLORS I LOVE ROB ZOMBIE. The end. (((i watched this at 6 years old and the bunny stabbing scene gave me nightmares for a month)))

• Isaac von Schmitt

★★★★ Watched by Isaac von Schmitt 19 May, 2016

This was like watching a fever dream.

• Capra_cinefila

★★½ Added by Capra_cinefila

Il primo film di Rob Zombie, seppur decisamente derivativo, ha un suo perché: il regista fa un buon lavoro con la fotografia e la scenografia e dà vita a personaggi di tutto rispetto, utilizzando il mitico Sid Haig (con un passato illustre nella blaxploitation). La regia però non è all'altezza e verso la fine la sceneggiatura esce fuori dal seminato: sembra di assistere ad una favolona incredibile!

• James Clark

★★★★ Watched by James Clark 14 May, 2016

When a group of friends decide to drive across country, they stop at a roadside horror attraction and their lives change forever.

Horror movie written and directed by cult shock-rocker Rob Zombie. The plot is thin at best and manages to become more outrageous as things progress, but the story is only really secondary and it is the director's love of the genre that really shines through, with this movie being a complete homage to some of the classic (and…

• Lea

★★★★ Rewatched by Lea 09 May, 2016

not enough things have been written on Zombie's dissection of class divides and its place in art (particularly in horror films) and how that correlates with not only his characters understanding of themselves but also the expectations for the rest of the world around them. so much performative nature is on display here, just humans trying to fit a role they recognize as the one(s) they've been assigned. i think Zombie touched on a similar topic in Halloween (07) only…

• Swarley

★★★★★ Watched by Swarley 11 Mar, 2016

Aw yes... the first movie me and my beloved boyfriend watched together.:') so. romantic.

iiii wanna be loved by you, you. nobody else but you

best scary movie of all time.