• AvenueDave

★★½ Watched by AvenueDave 21 Sep, 2014

Two teenage couples traveling across the backwoods of Texas searching for urban legends of serial killers end up as prisoners of a bizarre and sadistic backwater family of serial killers.

Movie #129

My 2 Cents: Some better acting from a few people than you'd expect in this mostly average slasher movie. That's not really a recommendation. I'm just saying. 2.5/5.

(2.5/5) - May be perfectly delightful for certain tastes. A waste of time for others. Usually uninspired genre flicks.

IMDB: 6.0/10
    Rotten Tomatoes: 19% (Critics)
    Rotten Tomatoes: 66% (Audience)

• Hayley

★★★★ Rewatched by Hayley 25 Sep, 2014

Its always fun when you watch a horror movie and instead of rooting for the victims, you're just waiting to see what fucked up shit happens next.

Also Captain Spaulding is one of the best modern horror characters.

• Ben Dugan

★★★ Rewatched by Ben Dugan 22 Sep, 2014

When I first saw this I hated it. But for some reason I kept watching it. One day I realized that, in fact, I apparently really dug something about this movie.
    I would never recommend it to anyone. It's sloppy and nothing makes sense. The victims are some truly flat characters. But it has style for days. And for some reason I can't explain I enjoy the way Rob Zombie makes movies. They have a style all their own. There's nothing else quite like "House of 1000 Corpses". Which is something to say for a movie so steeped in old movies.

• UltraAmbiguousI

½ Watched by UltraAmbiguousI 09 Sep, 2014

Four friends on a road trip cross paths with a bizarre family.

There are very few films which truly deserve zero stars. This is because most films are made by a team who bring their individual tastes and choices to the production. Even horrible films may have one element that is surprisingly good or, at least, original or creative. Some examples may be hair & makeup, the score, choice of locations, scene composition, the color scheme, or editing.

Which brings me…

• Lee

★★★★½ Rewatched by Lee 04 Sep, 2014

Wrote this off initially - despite loving The Devil’s Rejects - but now I marvel at the wacky, sadistic, inventive nature of Rob Zombie’s horror. Working itself as visual homage to Tobe Hooper’s 1974 game changer The Texas Chain Saw Massacre and to a lesser extent Hooper’s carnival chiller The Funhouse, Zombie manifests a representation of pain and torment as House of 1000 Corpses blends the ideology shadowing Hooper’s work, frequently channeling the themes and narrative strands of those very…

• Lee Kolcz

★★★★★ Watched by Lee Kolcz 02 Sep, 2014

Haven't watched this in a while. So good. Underrated that Chris Hardwick plays a huge role. Unrecognizable compared to today. I now remember why people felt okay with him behind the wheel of the Halloween remake. But we all know how that turned out. I'm willing to give him another shot based on this and The Devil's Rejects. Such a fun horror story filled with the best horror characters.

• MatthewLB

★★★ Watched by MatthewLB 01 Sep, 2014

This movie is a gory mess with some good parts.

• Dan

★★★★ Rewatched by Dan 12 Aug, 2014

Jerry Goldsmith: That was so badass! Dr. Satan! Ahhh! Dr. Satan!

• Dylan Powell

★★★ Watched by Dylan Powell 12 Aug, 2014

Zombie's inexperience with filmmaking definitely shows in his directorial debut, but the mishaps of House of 1000 Corpses could never take away from Zombie's keen sense of what makes an audience's skin crawl.

• Jared Shaw

★½ Watched by Jared Shaw 05 Aug, 2014

This film needed more Captain Spaulding!

A spiritual first installment to the Devils Rejects ( A much better movie btw), this film just doesn't do it for me. I liked Rob Zombies music and I like the free reign he has on his movies, but I felt this was too much. It wasn't too much in areas like violence and horrid imagery, it was too much in Zombie making this film his own. It honestly feels and looks like one…

• Dan Bergstrom

★½ Added by Dan Bergstrom

I haven't read the other reviews of this, but I'm going to assume I'm not the only one who'll use the words "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" and "poorly done ripoff" when describing it. The plot involves a crazy family who kidnapps people and does bad things to them. It's hard to feel bad for the victims because they're dumb. As for the performances, I liked Sid Haig, Bill Mosely, and Sherri Moon Zombie. They were all good. But I just couldn't…

• Jas

Added by Jas

lmao what the actual fuck did i just watch?