• Shaun

½ Added by Shaun

Not only is "House of 1000 Corpses" just a bad film, it's almost unwatchable because of it's stupidity. It's like Rob Zombie said "Let's take the script for Texas Chainsaw Massacre and rewrite it to be dreaful." Okay I get that the movie is a riff on B-horror schlock and grindhouse exploitation, but Jesus H. Christ Rob Zombie, this movie just makes no sense to me.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Rob Zombie as a filmmaker. Not all…

• Jude Seymour

Watched by Jude Seymour 12 Apr, 2003

Zero stars.
    ---

My position as film critic comes with certain questions I find impossible to answer. The most frequent question I am asked is: "What is your favorite movie of all-time?" Oh, I've long considered the inquiry, but have yet to come up with a definitive answer. On Saturday, I answered another question that I doubt will, from this point, have any other answer: "What is the worst movie you've ever seen?"

Come one, come all to the cinematic…

• joenorwood77

★★★½ Watched by joenorwood77 07 Jul, 2014

"Behold... Fishboy!"

While there is nothing outstanding about this film, it is a solid directorial debut from Rob Zombie, with a nice balance of scares, laughs, and bizarre. I consider it a combination of Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Hostel, among many others from the horror genre. Sheri Moon Zombie's performance is surprisingly good. The Captain Spaulding character is entertaining. The Firefly family is creepy. I enjoyed the first half of the film much more than the second half.

• Kristine Peashock
  • Kerlebaby

★★★★½ Rewatched by Kerlebaby 30 Jun, 2014

I love Rob Zombie's flicks.
    This one is probably his best, it makes so damn little sense it's wonderful.

• jthm1138

★★★★ Added by jthm1138

Strange, artsy, with a 70s horror feel, one of his better films but not as gruesome as people make it out to be

• Christopher Martin

★★ Watched by Christopher Martin 24 May, 2014

Ok, nowhere near the standard of The Devil's Rejects

• Ivan Obiol

★★ Added by Ivan Obiol 4

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Teagan

★★★ Watched by Teagan 15 May, 2014

Im finding it really hard to rate this movie... I don't think I personally liked it but I could tell that it was good.

In a weird way.

Weird-Good. It's like tarantino on acid.

• Andy Lunn

★★★★ Rewatched by Andy Lunn 06 May, 2014

Lots of excessive gore, monsters and bonkers-ness, but executed with some pretty impressive filmmaking and lots of fun too - if you like that kind of thing.

I wish there was more of Captain Spaulding though

• Josh

★★½ Watched by Josh 09 May, 2014

I didn't really like this. The acting was really bad and the writing was maybe the worst I've seen in a horror movie--extremely predictable and formulaic. The directing was different. I appreciated it for what it was and how it tried to make the viewer feel insane, but it was just overdone at points and made me feel dizzy.

• Joshua Schirmer

★★ Watched by Joshua Schirmer 13 Apr, 2014

House of 1000 Corpses, the debut film by Rob Zombie, is the closest thing to a county-fair haunted mansion that's ever existed. It relies on the power of jump scares to make you first gasp, then giggle. Its narrative is constructed piecemeal in a series of disconnected scenes that relate only insofar as they all subscribe to the "backwoods-family-of-torture-cannibals" premise. More than anything, though, it works as a tribute to sideshows and carnival rides in that it's just not very…