• Jacob Zembower

★★★★ Added by Jacob Zembower

Review forthcoming.

• Chris Ward

★★★½ Rewatched by Chris Ward 24 Sep, 2016

Love the freakshow elements and the characters but still dream of that mythical uncut release to help it all make sense.

• 10aflyViper

★★★ Rewatched by 10aflyViper 24 Sep, 2016

A bit better than I remember, at least I enjoyed it more than I was expecting. For me, Zombie's style works way better when he's not adapting Halloween.

• DanielFalk

½ Rewatched by DanielFalk 22 Sep, 2016

The insanity on display doesn't feel honest at all. The music video style editing and slick cinematography makes it feel manufactured. An annoying, and insufferably boring, mess of a film.

• Nick

★★★★½ Rewatched by Nick 23 Sep, 2016

like a battle between TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE and TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE 2 reminiscent imagery; balancing the critical terror of the former and the exaggerated insanity of the latter. America’s morbid fascination with mortality as a psychedelic, unpredictable funhouse ride in which the truly twisted citizens of a backwoods America prod and torture these typical Americans who, ironically, likely find it as hard to look away as I do. completely unique and with expert horror momentum – especially for a…

• Sara Hay

★★★★ Rewatched by Sara Hay 19 Sep, 2016

Howdy Folks! You like blood? Violence? Freaks of nature? Well then, you'll love House of 1000 Corpses!

This is a trippy, 70s-slasher-esque kookfest. Rob Zombie rules. Bill Moseley is the man.

• Beau Folsom

½ Rewatched by Beau Folsom 18 Sep, 2016

My house is currently infested with these annoying cat fleas. They constantly bite me, and the bites itch. I scratched my foot the other day which caused skin to peel back, revealing raw flesh that then began to bleed and ooze of a strange yellow liquid. Hurt like a bitch.

• whynotanna

★★★½ Rewatched by whynotanna 04 Sep, 2016

bill moseley ftw

• shenandoah

★★★ Rewatched by shenandoah 16 Sep, 2016 4

Rob Zombie's first flick is reminiscent of a grungy art film you make with a few of your closest friends, because you want to stir up your reputation within the community. It's the most pivotal step to understanding what films the man himself was initially looking to put on the map. Spilling with raunchy humor, trashy, murderous hillbillies, and the lore of a local killer aptly named Dr. Satan, House of 1000 Corpses is as odd as it is creepy, and for what it's worth, it works.

• Darktoast18

★★★★½ Watched by Darktoast18 01 Jul, 2016

Richtig schön kranker Thriller!

• Matt Curione

★★★½ Rewatched by Matt Curione 10 Sep, 2016 1

Bizarre. Vivid. Gross.

These words can describe both this film and the man who made it, Rob Zombie.

I remember really enjoying this film upon release but it's been years since I've seen it. It certainly holds up however with it's oft-told story of 20-somethings getting into a terrible situation at the hands of some weirdo rednecks.

This has been done before and more memorably with Texas Chainsaw Massacre but Zombie's directorial debut is far more insane and in your…

• joerow018