• cemeteryghoul

★★★★★ Added by cemeteryghoul

I actually saw this movie in the theater the day it came out. It's one of the craziest, most insane movies out there yet you know some people are probably thinking "too mainstream". I couldn't care less about fickle fans though. Those types only like unheard of films. I like indie horror but I have no problem liking this too. I love how over the top it is. It pays homage to movies like "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" with the…

• Ψηλέας Ψογκ

½ Added by Ψηλέας Ψογκ

Texas Chainsaw Massacre on acid is so bad it's (almost) good.

• asmo13

★★★★★ Rewatched by asmo13 07 Aug, 2016

I just love this movie so much that in my eyes, there are no faults.

• Dullard Jeung

★★★ Watched by Dullard Jeung 17 Aug, 2016

Totally stylish and a lot of bloody fun. It sort of loses focus in the second half but it's still a great watch. The horror never feels very real but it feels like something out of a movie. Which is a good thing.

• Jacob Hamblen

★★★★ Watched by Jacob Hamblen 16 Aug, 2016

House of 1000 Corpses is like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre on psychedelics. It follows the basic killer hillbilly premise of so many other films, but it's Rob Zombie's style that makes this one unique. It's so colorful and the spastic editing actually complements the movie. I like the Firefly family, but i'll admit the victims are pretty forgettable. having Rainn Wilson and Chris hardwick as part of the cast was really unexpected. It slowed downed in the middle for a little bit, but other than that I had a lot of fun.

• Eilidh Morris

★★★½ Added by Eilidh Morris

genuinely quite scary in the second half. i thought so at the time any. conveying "terror" well, though i hadn't seen many horror films at that point. probs wouldn't watch it again though.

• Snake Plissken

★★★½ Rewatched by Snake Plissken 15 Aug, 2016 2

"It's all true--the boogeyman is real, and you've found him.”

The directorial debut from musician turned writer/director Rob Zombie suffered its own Hell making its way to theaters (the film was shot in 2000 and purchased by Universal only to be shelved and repurchased by Zombie who then resold it to Lionsgate who finally gave it a proper theatrical release in 2003) Starring genre heroes Sid Haig, Bill Moseley, and Karen Black, the film is the classic tale of the…

• Nikolas

★★★★½ Rewatched by Nikolas 14 Aug, 2016

Watching this with lights out really creeps me out. It has style, it has substance. A crazy movie.

• Robert Joseph Schneider

★★★½ Rewatched by Robert Joseph Schneider 11 Aug, 2016

This movie's biggest weakness is also its biggest asset. It has way too much stuff going on. It's clearly the work of a dude who got the chance of a lifetime and wanted to say as much as possible before someone took it away from him. I love it but it's a colossal mess.

• wolverinefactor

★★½ Rewatched by wolverinefactor 06 Aug, 2016

Via DVD

I saw this opening day in the theater and didn't care for it. That's sad to say because I love Rob Zombie's music and I still remember the original trailer for this and was bummed when the studio refused to release it ect.

I've been meaning to rematch Zombie's filmography and when the Cinefessions podcast was doing a retrospective so I figured I would watch along.

Set in 1977, Zombie not only goes for the feel of the…

• Joe DiCanio

★★★★★ Rewatched by Joe DiCanio 06 Aug, 2016 1

Rating: A

• Anton Bitel

Added by Anton Bitel

"House of 1000 Corpses plays like one hell of a bad trip, and will leave your psyche feeling traumatised, fragile and exposed."
    More at Projected Figures