• Sam

★★★★ Watched by Sam 26 Jul, 2015

A fun mish-mash of a film. It's a bit disorienting at first, and really doesn't make much sense until later on (or... at all?). But the cast is great and the characters are fun. It's the definition of style over substance, and I enjoyed it for what it is.

• Michael Schutz-Ryan

★★★★★ Added by Michael Schutz-Ryan

When this film first came out, I read a review that stated (in paraphrase) "I hope whatever demons Rob Zombie has were exorcised while making this film."

I'm so glad that they weren't! He's simply a genius in the horror world. Some films better than others (I thought he missed the mark with Halloween 2), but I live in constant anticipation of his next work.

• Andrew Neill

★★½ Rewatched by Andrew Neill 15 Jul, 2014

I feel like I really want to like Rob Zombie films and yet I do not think that Rob Zombie wants me to like him or his films but there were some good horror homages in this.

• Skyler

★★★★★ Added by Skyler

YES! YES! YES!

"House of 1000 Corpses" was not produced to fit into the societal bracket of expectation we commonly see in the works of "normal" cinema. Expect to feel speechless, yet aroused, shocked, but fascinated all at once! Rob Zombie nailed this movie perfectly! Get ready for a dark, sick, and twisted joy ride!

By the way: Captain Spaulding might be my favorite character of ALL-TIME!

• Christian Alec

★★½ Watched by Christian Alec 19 Jul, 2015

I guess aside from the mind bending terrible transitions this was okay. I think I was more inclined to think it was going to be more horror than anything and it just turned out to be a gore infused acid trip. Captain Spaulding my gosh give me more of him.

• RickyHaze

★★★★★ Added by RickyHaze

This film is a nightmare..it's disturbing, dark, relentless, brutal and just pure horror. Now, I'm no Rob Zombie fan, I'm still unsure of him as a film maker, but he absolutely nailed his directorial debut. Everything is done perfectly- the halloween atmosphere, the use of colors, the gore, the characters etc. Zombie barrows small pieces of every legendary horror film that combine to create an outstanding and original horror film. Its bat shit crazy, but one hell of a ride.

• mfulton

★★★½ Added by mfulton

B

• jackieray

★★★½ Rewatched by jackieray 15 Jul, 2015 2

Zombie and De Palma and Hooper and Oliver Stone and every horror filmmaker active in the '70s,
    Sittin' in a tree

I didn't know I'd seen this before. It's more than its references and that's good; aside from its obsession with memorabilia ("They think of throwing anything away?") not much for me to chew on but it gets in, gets out, and it's a blast while it lasts 😎

• Alexander Heff

★★½ Added by Alexander Heff

Two teenage couples traveling across the backwoods of Texas searching for urban legends of murder end up as prisoners of a bizarre and sadistic backwater family of serial killers.

I have mixed feelings when it comes to Rob Zombie. Aesthetically his movies really work for me, I love the white-trash stained horror visuals, they are a fantastic mix of dirty/disturbing yet strangely colourful and campy imagery, however, I can’t bring myself to like most of his work as the characters…

• Ben Dugan

★★½ Rewatched by Ben Dugan 11 Jul, 2015

I get that this isn't a good movie. But I have seen it more times than a whole lot of movies I would classify as good. So that's gotta say something.
    Not sure what, but it's gotta say something.

• Andrew

★★★★★ Rewatched by Andrew 06 Jul, 2015

Gotta love that firefly family!! The more I watch this film the more I love it! I love the 80s B horror movies and the mix of that and rob's vision blends so well. RUN RABBIT, RUN!

• eschwa22