• Andrew Amphlett

★★ Watched by Andrew Amphlett 17 Apr, 2015

Inspired from Texas Chainsaw with narrative set during the 70’s following couple of teenagers traveling across the backwoods of Texas searching for urban legends of serial killers end up as prisoners of a bizarre and sadistic backwater family of serial killers.

With Rob Zombie you know expect your getting, he wants to create insane journey for characters and taking the audience along for the ride. I have to say his very creative and puts a lot of effect into the…

• Marna Larsen

½ Added by Marna Larsen

I get it, I get it. I just don't care.

Never again (though I have to admit, Lords of Salem looks somewhat intriguing).

• Joe

★★★ Rewatched by Joe 06 Apr, 2015

Dr. Satan turns fat Chris Hardwick into a blubbering zombie and now he has a show on Comedy Central. Talk about nightmares.

All I know is that if they really made Agatha Crispies I'd eat the hell out of them. But like its namesake they'd probably start out great but end with a disappointing payoff.

• Cactus Matt

★★★½ Added by Cactus Matt

Flawed but exciting, gritty and gory film that suffers from a lack of directorial precision and a predictable script. The potential is greater utilized in the vastly superior follow-up The Devil’s Rejects.

• TheGiantClaw

★½ Watched by TheGiantClaw 02 Apr, 2015 4

I was first introduced to Rob Zombie as I'm sure many people were, through his music. The fresh fusion of electronic and metal with themes of science fiction and horror that was White Zombie blew my young mind. I was hooked on his music and I thought, despite the almost universal backlash, that a man with a love of horror and creative style that is prominent in his music and music videos would be able to make at least a…

• Santimg94

★★★ Watched by Santimg94 02 Apr, 2015

• Alan H

★★★ Rewatched by Alan H 29 Mar, 2015

Hadn't watched this since it came out and my opinion remains the same as it was back then: the shift in tone/pace in the second half kills the movie stone dead. How you can go from pure entertainment to pure boredom in the space of a couple of minutes is beyond me. But it's Rob Zombie so... Y'know. One thing's for sure though - this is a pretty serious introduction to the nails-on-a-chalkboard squawkery of Sheri Moon either way.

Should have made the whole movie about Captain Spaulding.

• Jtamarru

★★ Added by Jtamarru

Pura serie B. Infenitisimalmente inferior a su secuela, "Los renegados del diablo".

• Alex Gidley

Watched by Alex Gidley 23 Mar, 2015

This was my first Rob Zombie movie and I have to admit, I have no incentive to watch any more of his films.

I get that Zombie's original works are supposed to be love letters to the B-Horror movies of the 70s and 80s with their low budget and high gore content. However, those types of films had a charm to them which House of 100 Corpses lacks.

House is one of the most vile, vulgar and tasteless movies I…

• Girlfart

★★★½ Added by Girlfart

Great fun and gratuitous horror flick. Although light on the scares and the originality. Zombie deserves some credit for making a mainstream "grindhouse" movie before Tarantino and Rodriguez.

• Ian W. Pugh

★★★½ Watched by Ian W. Pugh 17 Mar, 2015

Acting through the assumption that The Texas Chain Saw Massacre is about the perils of cultural tourism, Zombie specifically adds art and lore to the definition of culture. The titular house is an extension of Captain Spaulding's sideshow, of course, just as the entire film is an extension of Dr. Wolfenstein's public-access/public-domain show. So while its FX brigade stands firmly on the gross-out side of horror--which wears thin--it follows the right frame of reference. The shows play nightly because they're…

• Guy

★★ Watched by Guy 15 Mar, 2015

Of all the Zombie films I've seen, this is the only one that's lacked any sort of subtext or pathos. I read it as a first-time filmmaker tinkering around with influences to craft his own aesthetic. It's fun, but he would go on to establish himself as a hit-or-miss artist that's undeniably one of the most unique American directors working today.