★★★ Watched by BAG 07 Nov, 2015

Our first glimpse inside the mind of Rob Zombie

I really enjoy this movie mostly for its eccentric visual style. Rob Zombie's musical background is readily apparent. What is also apparent is Rob Zombie's love for all things horror. And that's what this movie feels like, a love letter to sleazy dirty grindhouse horror films and on that front its really entertaining.

This is first time we are introduced to Zombie's "redneck horror" which I really enjoy, especially Sid Haig and his awesome Captain Spaulding character. It also paved the way for definitely his best movie The Devil's Rejects.

• Mike T

★★★★★ Rewatched by Mike T 18 Nov, 2015 2

Howdy, folks! You like blood? Violence? Freaks of nature? Well then, come on down to Captain Spaulding's Museum of Monsters and Madmen!

Rewatched for essay reference. This film is overloaded in every imaginable sense.

• DepressionSucks

Added by DepressionSucks

Eh. Not as gory as my stepdad made it sound. Was pretty good though

• Corey Chimko

★★★★ Rewatched by Corey Chimko 16 Nov, 2015

Hardcore slasher style horror flic.

• cueboy2k5

★★★½ Rewatched by cueboy2k5 09 Nov, 2015

This and The Devil's Rejects are hands down two of the best movies to come out of the early 2000's. It's not perfect but boy is it entertaining, This is when Rob Zombie really knew what to do with a movie. It really is a love letter to the haunted house movies of the 60's and 70's and of course the biggest influence is Texas Chainsaw. It's been a while but im really glad i decided to pop this in again after 6 or 7 years.

• Tarantinoguy97

★★★★ Rewatched by Tarantinoguy97 30 Oct, 2015

Not as good as The Devil Rejects, but a fun and at times,pretty intense Halloween flick. And Captain Spaulding is just a gift.

• LoveofCelluloid

★★★½ Rewatched by LoveofCelluloid 22 Oct, 2015

31 Days of Horror

Full review located at:

• Liam Underwood

★★★½ Rewatched by Liam Underwood 28 Oct, 2015

I've got to be honest - when it comes to House of 1000 Corpses I'm a real flip-flopper. Sometimes I watch the film and I'm enraptured and hypnotized by the visual style and delightful madness. Other times I watch it and it's all shrieky noises and headache-inducing editing and off-putting madness. Tonight, however, I found myself enjoying the film a lot.

The pleasure begins before the film even starts. I'd actually forgotten how darn fun the DVD menu is. It's…

• mrtom986

Watched by mrtom986 28 Oct, 2015

Horrorthon Day 27

• Cryptus

★★★½ Rewatched by Cryptus 28 Oct, 2015

Blood, Guts, Fried Chicken, 'n Gasoline!

• Gerry Maravilla

★★½ Rewatched by Gerry Maravilla 25 Oct, 2015

• Harrydarkknight

★★★★ Watched by Harrydarkknight 23 Oct, 2015

Underrated horror movie with great dark and surreal elements throughout.