• Mitch Pizza

nah

• Master Crash

★★★½ Watched by Master Crash 30 Oct, 2014

Hoop-Tober challenge. Movie 22

It's almost as good as it's sequel.
    The crappy editing ruins it a bit for me though >_>

ItsallIhavetosaycaseclosedontothenextmovie!

• Jacob Gehman

★★★★ Added by Jacob Gehman

This feels like a love letter from Rob Zombie to an older era of slasher film. While the movie draws from a lot of influences, there is something ridiculously awesome about the way Zombie infuses the movie with old, grainy footage of this and that. It works really well in creating an atmosphere of uneasy lunacy. The antagonists and their abode are like something out of a pulp nightmare--particularly the oft-mentioned Dr. Satan. Good stuff.

• Charles Johnson

½ Watched by Charles Johnson 29 Oct, 2014

Schlock horror ... at least is wasn't two hours long.

• Graham J

★★½ Watched by Graham J 28 Oct, 2014 2

In Tobe Hooper’s Texas Chainsaw Massacre, the scenes around the dinner table with Sally tied to a chair and the manic family endlessly taunting her…(gulp) are terrifying!. What always bothers me about those scenes is their confused behaviour. If you look at the Father, he goes from mocking, shouting - to suddenly being aware of the madness, quietening down and looking perturbed, even frightened by it all - then the switch flips and he’s back to cursing again. It freaks…

• indianajones64

★★★★ Rewatched by indianajones64 25 Oct, 2014

A tottally manic, triumphant, hacked and skinned and restitched amalgam of horror and absurdity and spoof and sadism and suspense and psychosis and creep. Fall headlong, or not at all, but I think you will be deliciously rewarded if you let yourself go.

• Hooded Justice

Watched by Hooded Justice 25 Oct, 2014

Hey, Mr. Zombie? You know those grainy flashbacks to hooded "master surgeon" Dr. Satan going about his business? Could have used more of those.

• rewatchvalue

★½ Rewatched by rewatchvalue 23 Oct, 2014

This is my second viewing and third experience with Rob Zombie's film work. Zombie has a style that is appealing to some but I have yet to understand why.

There is just something about the use of the negative effect, the appalling dialogue, and the frequent attempts to shock the audience, that is not effective as a good horror movie.

I will admit that Captain Spaulding is the scariest thing about this movie even though he comes off as a comedic character, the clown make up and his facial expression is manage to make me shiver.

• Brandon Musa

★★ Added by Brandon Musa

It gets an extra star for the inclusion of the Agatha Crispies.

• Paul Robinson

Watched by Paul Robinson 24 Oct, 2014

This structureless gore fest is filled with so much violence and fast cuts to other random images of depravity that it is less of a film and more of an "art" project. It's loose and unoriginal story is barely visible through the noise and images that fill our screen.

• marsche

★★★★½ Watched by marsche 24 Oct, 2014

Genialer Horrorfilm!

Leider gab es so gut wie keine Verbindung zu den Hauptprotagonisten und das Ende war ziemlich unpassend.

Trotzdem ein genialer Film gerade für Halloween.

• Helen Cummins

★★ Watched by Helen Cummins 24 Oct, 2014

Halloween Month!

Fucked up shit. Quite average in its delivery though.

Meh.