• Threepwood

★★ Watched by Threepwood 23 Aug, 2015

I'm just not that kind of Zombie-Girl ... Trashy and kind of funny but I'm still bored.

• PatrickRipoll

Added by PatrickRipoll

Watched with director's commentary

Endearing: The recurring theme of first-time director Zombie's anxiety about stunts, constantly convinced that squibs were going to kill the actors wearing them, that open flames would consume everyone on set.

Less Endearing: Zombie's casual subtle homophobia and casual less subtle misogyny.

• Jorge Sevilla

★½ Watched by Jorge Sevilla 16 Aug, 2015

ABURRIDA
    Creo que lo "mejor" son los últimos 10 minutos.

• Dion Wyn

★★★½ Rewatched by Dion Wyn 12 Aug, 2015

I liked this film. It's not a masterpiece by any means and it falls down in a lot of areas, but on the other hand there's a lot to like. Sid Haig's wonderfully over-the-top Captain Spaulding steals every scene he is in, there are some hilarious characters and moments of dialogue such as the prologue with Spaulding when the Firefly's go to buy some booze for their Halloween party. The characterisation of the protagonists, although is quite obvious to any…

• TigerAMSG

★★★★½ Added by TigerAMSG

Tiny fucked a stump!

• Sam

★★★★ Watched by Sam 26 Jul, 2015

A fun mish-mash of a film. It's a bit disorienting at first, and really doesn't make much sense until later on (or... at all?). But the cast is great and the characters are fun. It's the definition of style over substance, and I enjoyed it for what it is.

• Michael Schutz-Ryan

★★★★★ Added by Michael Schutz-Ryan

When this film first came out, I read a review that stated (in paraphrase) "I hope whatever demons Rob Zombie has were exorcised while making this film."

I'm so glad that they weren't! He's simply a genius in the horror world. Some films better than others (I thought he missed the mark with Halloween 2), but I live in constant anticipation of his next work.

• Andrew Neill

★★½ Rewatched by Andrew Neill 15 Jul, 2014

I feel like I really want to like Rob Zombie films and yet I do not think that Rob Zombie wants me to like him or his films but there were some good horror homages in this.

• Skyler

★★★★★ Added by Skyler

YES! YES! YES!

"House of 1000 Corpses" was not produced to fit into the societal bracket of expectation we commonly see in the works of "normal" cinema. Expect to feel speechless, yet aroused, shocked, but fascinated all at once! Rob Zombie nailed this movie perfectly! Get ready for a dark, sick, and twisted joy ride!

By the way: Captain Spaulding might be my favorite character of ALL-TIME!

• Christian Alec

★★½ Watched by Christian Alec 19 Jul, 2015

I guess aside from the mind bending terrible transitions this was okay. I think I was more inclined to think it was going to be more horror than anything and it just turned out to be a gore infused acid trip. Captain Spaulding my gosh give me more of him.

• RickyHaze

★★★★★ Added by RickyHaze

This film is a nightmare..it's disturbing, dark, relentless, brutal and just pure horror. Now, I'm no Rob Zombie fan, I'm still unsure of him as a film maker, but he absolutely nailed his directorial debut. Everything is done perfectly- the halloween atmosphere, the use of colors, the gore, the characters etc. Zombie barrows small pieces of every legendary horror film that combine to create an outstanding and original horror film. Its bat shit crazy, but one hell of a ride.

• mfulton