• SixDemonBag

★★★★ Watched by SixDemonBag 24 Oct, 2016

Still my fave Zombie flick. There's something fresh about this one that keeps me coming back and enjoying it. Sure it wears its influences on its tattered sleeves but Zombie, like QT, makes it his own..at least for this film.

• Eric Majewski

★★★ Rewatched by Eric Majewski 24 Oct, 2016

Rob Zombie really does splice in "family" footage in all his movies.

• Sebastian S.

★★★ Watched by Sebastian S. 21 Oct, 2016

#Horroctober 2016 Film 8von13:
    Haus der 1000 Leichen (2003)
    Am Anfang wirklich super, besonders die Geisterbahn. Am Ende irgendwie zu abgefahren und es stören auch die 'kunstvoll' eingesetzten Überblendungen.

• Juan Castillo

★★★½ Rewatched by Juan Castillo 22 Oct, 2016

Rob Zombie se estrenó como director haciendo una interpretación muy personal de la frase de Cecil B. DeMille sobre comenzar películas con terremotos e ir a más después (o algo parecido). Aplicó este principio al terror hillbilly, que sería el "terremoto" que daría pie a un auténtico festival de aberraciones. El afán de Zombie por servir tan generosas raciones de horror y por convertir el visionado de su película en una experiencia inmersiva le situó en el acto en la…

• pat69cool

• Dan

★★★ Rewatched by Dan 03 Oct, 2016

For Hoop-Tober and Horroctober from my list: boxd.it/N2Mg

Rob Zombie's 1st movie.
    On display we see all the things Rob likes: 70's feel, the horror props and his wife's ass.

• Dakotah Salazar

★★½ Added by Dakotah Salazar

A directorial debut for Rob Zombie, and a lot better than what I was expecting. There's a lot of usual horror elements involved here: crazy characters, atmosphere, dumb teenagers, entities, and torture galore. I think Rob Zombie has this strangely beautiful visual style to this movie because there's a lot of texture involved within the characters and sets. The movie doesn't have much of a plot, nothing really happens while it still escalates to a point of ridiculousness. As much as I admire it visually, it kind of falls extremely flat at the end?

• DavidKleinSucks

★★★ Watched by DavidKleinSucks 16 Oct, 2016

makes for a great triple-feature alongside TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE and a shower

• Austin Kemprowski

Added by Austin Kemprowski

Glimpses of reality pierce through the narrative, the literal fiction, and the fiction that these characters are creating. Death and murder are pretty awesome to these people until it happens to them.

• Leo Brady

★★ Watched by Leo Brady 16 Oct, 2016

Scary Movie Month- Movie #13

Rob Zombie does do a lot of good things in the Horror genre. His films have a collection of demented and gross characters that everyone remembers. I would even say he has his own unique style. The problem is his films reach a point where they are not fun for anyone involved.

• Zombiezilla

★½ Watched by Zombiezilla 15 Oct, 2016

The only thing worth a dang here is Sid Haig, as usual. The rest of the movie is a complete waste. Even poor Michael Pollard doesn't escape poor direction. How Zombie was able to continue on from here is a great question.

One thing I noticed about Shari Moon, does Zombie use her so extensively (and maybe married her) due to her uncanny likeness to PJ Soles? Not only does she look like her, but she sounds like her. Yet much more annoying.