• Robert Humanick

★★ Rewatched by Robert Humanick 11 Oct, 2015

I don't know what my rating means in this case, but suffice to say, it's amazing that this exists, and it took me longer to finish than Fritz Lang's Die Nibelungen.

• James Davies

★★½ Watched by James Davies 01 Oct, 2015 1

Having never read the comics nor seen the film before, I didn't know what to expect. What I go was a slightly enjoyable story, which was more whacky than inventive. However, the script was god awful and some of the acting, especially from Tim Robbins (I expect better from you) was absolutely dreadful. Howard looked ridiculous - apparently the film was originally going to be animated, and probably would have benefited being so.

It certainly isn't one of the worst films ever made, which many believe it to be, but it also doesn't fit into th category of 'so bad it's good' - it's just meh.

• Robert Lewis

★★½ Rewatched by Robert Lewis 30 Aug, 2015

Yes, it is campie, but I liked it for that very reason. I put this on my list because of Guardians of the Galaxy.

• Tashy

★★★ Watched by Tashy 20 Sep, 2015

The first Marvel Comic that made it to cinema (according to trivia on imdb.com). Found it very entertaining, though it sure is a weird movie. But what can you expect of a film with this title.

And he may just be coming back, after appearing in the end of Marvels Guardians of the Galaxy (after credits scene).

• Necro Issacc

Watched by Necro Issacc 12 Sep, 2015

Critically speaking, it spends too much time meandering with unusual pacing in the first half that by the time an interesting story is present, it's lost in a world of duck nipples and extraterrestrial sexual attraction (as well as the most over the top line readings, like the directory didn't care about acting so much as SFX).

• Pat_Mtl

★★★ Rewatched by Pat_Mtl 11 Sep, 2015

Last saw this movie back in the late 80's. Remembered having fun watching it and also remembered how much of a bust this was even background in 1986. Not sure why this did not catch on. Yes it's a little corny but not as horrible as way too many critics made it sound. The movie still fun but it's age is showing a bit now and the effects are typical 80's and well they don't hold up as well as they should

• Rian Miller

★★★ Watched by Rian Miller 17 Jun, 2015

As we all know, Howard The Duck is one of the biggest laughing stocks of 80's cinema. Honestly though, seeing it now for the first time, I don't think it's THAT bad. It has a good cast (Tim Robbins, Lea Thompson, and Jeffery Jones), there are some really neat 80's visual effects, and at it's core it's an adventure film. Is it dumb? Yeah, but a lot of 80's comedies are. Is it nonsensical? Yeah, but again, lots of 80's…

• Conan Tan

★★ Watched by Conan Tan 20 Apr, 2015

It would not matter if the duck was in a mascot or animated (I prefer the latter to make it feel more alien in nature, but that's just me), it would not affect the quality of this movie.

• Notsoboo

★★★★★ Rewatched by Notsoboo 30 Aug, 2015

I have never understood the hate for this movie. If you're going to make a movie with such a unique concept, you've got to go balls-out with it and lean into the weird.

Thanks for leaning so, so hard into the weird, Howard the Duck.

• Nick Box

★★★★★ Rewatched by Nick Box 30 Aug, 2015

When people ask me what my fave comic book movie is i say "Howard the Duck" it's not to get a reaction it's the truth whilst i don't think it's the greatest comic book movie ever made it's my personal favorite. it's so much fun an the perfect example of an 80's big budget flick cool effects funny characters and one liners and a fantastic score it's pure 80s magic. It upsets me how hated this film is just because it Flopped. i will always adore Howard

• Adam Danoff

★★½ Watched by Adam Danoff 22 Aug, 2015

A movie I kind of liked

• Matthew Rice

★★★ Rewatched by Matthew Rice 20 Aug, 2015

Sometimes you can never go back. What was once a magical amazing movie experience at the age of 11 is now a cringe-a-minute shameful mess. It still has a little bit of quirky charm but not nearly enough the match my distorted memory that had me thinking this was an 80's classic.

Such an odd mixture of human-on-duck sex jokes and goofy kid comedy. A curiosity piece at best now.