• mook

★★½ Watched by mook 28 Aug, 2014 2

aka Howard: A New Breed of Hero

I've had this on my watchlist for years but it was recently bumped to the top thanks to a cameo appearance by Howard in a recent high profile film. The DVD started with a trailer for 'Super Mario Bros' which put me in the right frame of mind since Howard the Duck has a reputation as one of the worst films ever made. However I think that's quite unfair. It's not a great…

• Omar Arteaga

★★½ Watched by Omar Arteaga 27 Aug, 2014

Llegué a esto gracias a Guardians of the Galaxy. Posiblemente una de las peores películas que he visto, pero en todo lo que se ve y se escucha hay una atmósfera incoherentemente graciosa.

No se siente ni un poco de simpatía por Howard más allá de querer que se calle, y aun así uno sigue viendo la película después de las actuaciones, diálogos, música, visuales y argumento. Todo es mediocre y sin sentido pero hay algo divertido por lo que uno ilógicamente se engancha.

"That's it, no more Mr. Nice Duck."

• hockeyfan15

★★★ Watched by hockeyfan15 25 Aug, 2014

Likewise to everyone, Guardians of the Galaxy brought me here. It just took me two watches to actually notice Howard the Duck.

To my surprise, I actually enjoyed this. Although, I wanted that duck to be cooked the entire film, he would not shut up.

I guess I'm sorta glad I watched this, I mean I had some fun with it. Just not really your typical marvel film.

• Grimbo

★★★★★ Rewatched by Grimbo 24 Aug, 2014 4

I know I am in the minority here but I have loved this film since I saw it in the cinema in Millport when I was 7 or 8.

As far as I'm concerned it still stands up and those dark overlords look far more scarey than any CGI shit from late (Godzilla, who looked like he was from a computer game???).

It helps that I still love Lea Thompson too.

And I've heard folk say that the sex thing is too weird!! Eh? they dont have sex and she is clearly winding him up!

• BoxMasterMat

★★½ Watched by BoxMasterMat 24 Aug, 2014

Why does this movie get so much hate? It's a kid's film and it's alright. I would have loved this if I had seen this when I was younger. Maybe the duck boobs wasn't a great idea.

• Sean Balanger

★★★ Watched by Sean Balanger 24 Aug, 2014

I went into this expecting The Room... with ducks. What I got was really not all that terrible. Sure, the duck animatronics and the duck acting were pretty terrible. And the jokes... well, are there really any jokes in this? But I have to say that Lea Thompson and Jeffrey Jones really held their own in this considering what they were working with. Tim Robbins is another story, an awful one. The special effects and action sequences were actually pretty…

• Jason Bailey

Watched by Jason Bailey 15 Aug, 2014

But if you try to summarize the events of Howard the Duck — and after a couple of stabs at this futile enterprise, I’m electing not to — you just sound like a crazy person, because if Howard the Duck has one outstanding characteristic, it is not the neon ‘80s aesthetic or the corresponding crimped and teased hairdos or the utter creepiness of the titular duck himself. It is the film’s total lack of any logic. Events happen on screen,…

• Katherine

★★ Watched by Katherine 18 Aug, 2014

Oh boy. This is one of those movies you need to have seen young when you didn't know any better. I didn't even really have any fun with it.

• Phil

★★½ Added by Phil

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Sean Summ

★★½ Watched by Sean Summ 12 Aug, 2014 1

Food for thought: We got Howard the Duck nearly 30 years before we got an Avengers movie. Even worse, we are probably more likely to get a Howard the Duck reboot before we see a Justice League movie. Who are these people?

This is probably the most tonally confused film I've ever seen. I'm confused. Absolute trash. I really enjoyed it. How do I even begin to rate this?

Duck tits.

I only watched this for Guardians of the Galaxy.…

• Kiko Vega

½ Rewatched by Kiko Vega 10 Aug, 2014 4

El Plan 9 de mi generación.

• IkeTurnerBitch

★★★★★ Added by IkeTurnerBitch

I'm still laughing and had no idea it was based on a comic book the first time I watched it back in 1986 when I was five. Everyone remembers Lea Thompson or fell in love with her in Back II The Future movies but it's this film that cemented my crush among crushes for her. WHAT A BABE!!! SCREW YOUR LOW SCORES, I'M GIVING IT THE FULL 5 STARS!!!!