• Joey

★★ Added by Joey

Look, I don't remember if this movie is objectively good or not. All I remember is that it was my first exposure to Howard the Duck as a character, and I was a little kid, and I friggin loved it. I used to watch this movie over and over and over again. Looking back now, I can imagine how there might have been tonal issues I wouldn't have picked up on as a kid... but love is love.

• Dru J

★★ Watched by Dru J 17 Nov, 2014

Reviewed for the Nov 2014 episode of 24 Panels Per Second.

• Saul Rosenbear

Added by Saul Rosenbear

I'm not sure who the fuck the filmmakers thought was the target audience for this: a film with the pacing, puns and aggressive stupidity of a kid's adventure movie, but with light satire and adult themes. If you want some science + weirdo alien in human body + 80s rock music, just watch The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension, which is a good movie. This is not. This is not good.

• FanBoyCritic

½ Watched by FanBoyCritic 08 Nov, 2014

Howard The Duck(1986)
    Starring:Lea Thompson,Jeffery Jones,Tim Robins,Ed Gale,Dominique Davalos,Holly Robinson Peete,Liz Sagel,Paul Guilfoyle
    Directed By:Willard Huyck
    Review
    YOU WILL BELIEVE THAT A DUCK CAN TALK.
    From the guy who brought you Star Wars here is his decline as a good director/producer,Howard The Duck. A long time ago a great filmmaker helped make a parallel dimension in a galaxy far,far away. A strange world with bizarre aliens and unbelievable creatures. A world that the Scifi community will never forget,ok screw it…

• HotDonkeyBear

★★ Watched by HotDonkeyBear 07 Nov, 2014

What a ridiculous mess of a movie. Ineptly written and with little understanding of the comic character it's supposedly celebrating, Howard The Duck manages to pile terrible dialogue on top of crappy set pieces which ooze between the quacks of a terrible plot.

Even than shameful "quack" pun was more entertaining than this sorry state of a movie.

This is not a family movie. It wouldn't suit a teen market. Frankly I'm aghast and dumbfounded at what the producers and film makers were thinking when they created this film. Besides the rather nifty technical work and visual effects there is little here to enjoy or respect.

• Nick Chaney

Watched by Nick Chaney 23 Oct, 2014

Howard the Duck is not the best film ever made, but it just might be the best film ever made.

• the_narrator

½ Watched by the_narrator 23 Oct, 2014

This is what you see when you lose your mind during a screening of Mystic River.

• kroogah

★½ Watched by kroogah 03 Sep, 2014

The special effects barely earned this one an extra half-star. Other than that, this was even worse than I ever imagined.

• Adam Waldowski

½ Watched by Adam Waldowski 05 Oct, 2014

The terrible slapstick and never-ending duck puns suggest this is a movie for young children, but then there's incredibly inappropriate adult comedy — like Howard and Lea Thompson nearly indulging in bestiality — that make this decidedly mature. Nonsensical action sequences with garish special effects are so puzzling and incoherent, this eventually reveals itself to be a film with no intended audience. No one could derive joy or anything more meaningful from this tale of an expressionless, unlikable guy in…

• Alesia

★★★½ Watched by Alesia 16 Jun, 2005

Yes, it was a bomb at the box office, yes, and it's cheesy. The idea of a duck from space crash landing on Earth and joining a rock band is nuts... but this movie is fun anyway. It's not great, but I enjoy it okay? Lea Thompson is great as usual, so that's another plus for this movie.

• Justin

½ Watched by Justin 30 Sep, 2014

Whaaaaaaaat?

• Randall Yelverton

Added by Randall Yelverton

Fritz the Cat meets Follow That Bird meets Streets of Fire. What a mess. Jeffrey Jones is wonderful, though.