• Justin

½ Watched by Justin 30 Sep, 2014

Whaaaaaaaat?

• Randall Yelverton

Added by Randall Yelverton

Fritz the Cat meets Follow That Bird meets Streets of Fire. What a mess. Jeffrey Jones is wonderful, though.

• Orangefellow

Added by Orangefellow

christ

• Matt G

★★★½ Watched by Matt G 21 Sep, 2014

I know the movie was pretty old, but it seems like the duck could have a bit more of an "edge". I never really noticed in the Back to the Future films, but Lea Thompson was really hot in this one - if you were able to get past her penchant for beastiality.

• Chris

Rewatched by Chris 14 Sep, 2014

"If I had anywhere to go I wouldn't be in Cleve-Land."
    -Millions of Voices Crying Out In Terror

Howard the Duck boats a heap of incredible practical effects from the peak of the era that demand to be seen. The grande finale monster battle / light show has some tremendous shots that are pretty unparalleled.

Perfectly adequate 80s sci-fi / action. Terrible as an adaptation. Still more fun that Blade Runner. While the whole package is fine if taken on…

• Timcop

★★ Watched by Timcop 14 Sep, 2014

There's a certain level of "bad" that certain movies can achieve, and thereby become supremely entertaining, while there are certain movies that achieve another certain level of bad, and are maybe just a little too close on the side of "competent" to become thoroughly enjoyable. While I was hoping for a hi-larious experience along the lines of OVER THE TOP or NO HOLDS BARRED, what I actually got was.....HOWARD THE DUCK, a singular experience unto itself. The first 45 minutes…

• awildean

★★½ Watched by awildean 15 Sep, 2014

I will not get the two hours of my life back I spent watching this and that seriously depresses me

• Steve Austin

★★★★½ Rewatched by Steve Austin 14 Sep, 2014 1

An extra half star for this screening being on a 35mm print, with Val Mayerek (the original illustrator of Howard) watching the film completely for the first time all the way through and giving a very insightful Q&A afterwards.

• Jake

★★★ Rewatched by Jake 14 Sep, 2014

An unwrapped condom in your wallet, Howard? Really?

• Christof Kurz

★★★½ Watched by Christof Kurz 12 Sep, 2014

What the duck???

• Steve Dickson

★★★ Rewatched by Steve Dickson 29 Aug, 2014

Its alright fun. Think its main problem is that it is too grown up for kids and way to childish for adults. Luckily I am a big kid so this works for me.

• Darren Fx

★★★½ Watched by Darren Fx 04 Sep, 2014

"No one laughs at a master of Quack Fu!"

Another film that is hated for all the wrong reasons. Its pretty darn awesome.

A man duck from another universe comes to Earth, does Kung-Fu, meets a lead singer of a RIOT GRRRLL band then shit goes down such as an Emperor Palpatine Jeffery Jones, a fucked up Rancor battle and a generic theme song to the film's title character.

Duck and human beastiality ensued.