• Nick Chaney

★★★★★ Watched by Nick Chaney 23 Oct, 2014

Howard the Duck is not the best film ever made, but it just might be the best film ever made.

• the_narrator

½ Watched by the_narrator 23 Oct, 2014

This is what you see when you lose your mind during a screening of Mystic River.

• Doug H

½ Added by Doug H

Score: 5/100
    No wonder there’s a documentary called “The People vs. George Lucas”. When crap like Howard the Duck gets made, the blame goes to the producers. And guess who the producer was? George Lucas. The weird, yet somewhat original story, based on the comic books of the same name, follows the adventures of the titular duck, who is sent to Earth from a parallel universe due to a science experiment. Soon another life form comes to Earth and Howard…

• kroogah

★½ Watched by kroogah 03 Sep, 2014

The special effects barely earned this one an extra half-star. Other than that, this was even worse than I ever imagined.

• Adam Waldowski

½ Watched by Adam Waldowski 05 Oct, 2014

The terrible slapstick and never-ending duck puns suggest this is a movie for young children, but then there's incredibly inappropriate adult comedy — like Howard and Lea Thompson nearly indulging in bestiality — that make this decidedly mature. Nonsensical action sequences with garish special effects are so puzzling and incoherent, this eventually reveals itself to be a film with no intended audience. No one could derive joy or anything more meaningful from this tale of an expressionless, unlikable guy in…

• Alesia

★★★½ Watched by Alesia 16 Jun, 2005

Yes, it was a bomb at the box office, yes, and it's cheesy. The idea of a duck from space crash landing on Earth and joining a rock band is nuts... but this movie is fun anyway. It's not great, but I enjoy it okay? Lea Thompson is great as usual, so that's another plus for this movie.

• Justin

½ Watched by Justin 30 Sep, 2014

Whaaaaaaaat?

• Randall Yelverton

Added by Randall Yelverton

Fritz the Cat meets Follow That Bird meets Streets of Fire. What a mess. Jeffrey Jones is wonderful, though.

• Orangefellow

Added by Orangefellow

christ

• Matt G

★★★½ Watched by Matt G 21 Sep, 2014

I know the movie was pretty old, but it seems like the duck could have a bit more of an "edge". I never really noticed in the Back to the Future films, but Lea Thompson was really hot in this one - if you were able to get past her penchant for beastiality.

• Chris

Rewatched by Chris 14 Sep, 2014

"If I had anywhere to go I wouldn't be in Cleve-Land."
    -Millions of Voices Crying Out In Terror

Howard the Duck boats a heap of incredible practical effects from the peak of the era that demand to be seen. The grande finale monster battle / light show has some tremendous shots that are pretty unparalleled.

Perfectly adequate 80s sci-fi / action. Terrible as an adaptation. Still more fun that Blade Runner. While the whole package is fine if taken on…

• Timcop

★★ Watched by Timcop 14 Sep, 2014

There's a certain level of "bad" that certain movies can achieve, and thereby become supremely entertaining, while there are certain movies that achieve another certain level of bad, and are maybe just a little too close on the side of "competent" to become thoroughly enjoyable. While I was hoping for a hi-larious experience along the lines of OVER THE TOP or NO HOLDS BARRED, what I actually got was.....HOWARD THE DUCK, a singular experience unto itself. The first 45 minutes…