• Phil Sternwise

Added by Phil Sternwise

Why is a duck trying to have sex with a human?

• maskull

★★ Watched by maskull 12 Dec, 2014

It started out bad but sort of watchable but after a while I just started to get bored. Luckily the ending is awesome! A talking duck from space vs. a giant stop-motion monster! Then, to make things even better there's a concert with Lea Thompson and Howard in a guitar battle. Love that! Catchy bad song too. Shame the rest of the movie is pretty damn stupid/boring. I did not like this movie. I'm glad I watched it though. Sort of. It's insane this was made.

I had such a crush on Lea Thompson as a kid and it came rushing back watching this movie.

• Horcruxnelius Doubleboss

★★★ Watched by Horcruxnelius Doubleboss 07 Dec, 2014

IT'S SO FUCKING LONG!

But Leah Thompson is pretty good in it. As far as I can tell from the German dub.

• Brendan Hanson

★★★ Watched by Brendan Hanson 05 Dec, 2014

Why did I want to watch this movie in the first place?

Lea Thompson.

Turns out she's an awesome singer! And the movie itself was highly entertaining.

• Phil

★★★★ Added by Phil

Yes, this movie failed terribly. Yes, this movie was panned by critics. Yes, this movie was criticized terribly into oblivion. And also, yes, this movie has become a strange cult classic over the years.
    I seem to have a knack of liking 'bad' movies, in a way.
    I'll tell you though, this is one of my favorite movies. I can't even count how many times I've seen it. Based on the marvel comics of the same name, we follow Howard…

• pillole di cinema

★★★ Watched by pillole di cinema 20 Nov, 2014

Sono proprio gli errori e i difetti di cui è pieno a rendere Howard e il destino del mondo un vero cult. Folle, sbagliato e indimenticabile.

• Dirk Diggler

★★★★★ Watched by Dirk Diggler 20 Nov, 2014 2

I actually kind of enjoyed the first forty five minutes of this. After that it gets REALLY insane.

For real though I have no idea how this exists and I'm glad it does.

• Joey

★★ Added by Joey

Look, I don't remember if this movie is objectively good or not. All I remember is that it was my first exposure to Howard the Duck as a character, and I was a little kid, and I friggin loved it. I used to watch this movie over and over and over again. Looking back now, I can imagine how there might have been tonal issues I wouldn't have picked up on as a kid... but love is love.

• Dru J

★★ Watched by Dru J 17 Nov, 2014

Reviewed for the Nov 2014 episode of 24 Panels Per Second.

• Saul Rosenbear

Added by Saul Rosenbear

I'm not sure who the fuck the filmmakers thought was the target audience for this: a film with the pacing, puns and aggressive stupidity of a kid's adventure movie, but with light satire and adult themes. If you want some science + weirdo alien in human body + 80s rock music, just watch The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension, which is a good movie. This is not. This is not good.

• FanBoyCritic

½ Watched by FanBoyCritic 08 Nov, 2014

Howard The Duck(1986)
    Starring:Lea Thompson,Jeffery Jones,Tim Robins,Ed Gale,Dominique Davalos,Holly Robinson Peete,Liz Sagel,Paul Guilfoyle
    Directed By:Willard Huyck
    Review
    YOU WILL BELIEVE THAT A DUCK CAN TALK.
    From the guy who brought you Star Wars here is his decline as a good director/producer,Howard The Duck. A long time ago a great filmmaker helped make a parallel dimension in a galaxy far,far away. A strange world with bizarre aliens and unbelievable creatures. A world that the Scifi community will never forget,ok screw it…

• HotDonkeyBear

★★ Watched by HotDonkeyBear 07 Nov, 2014

What a ridiculous mess of a movie. Ineptly written and with little understanding of the comic character it's supposedly celebrating, Howard The Duck manages to pile terrible dialogue on top of crappy set pieces which ooze between the quacks of a terrible plot.

Even than shameful "quack" pun was more entertaining than this sorry state of a movie.

This is not a family movie. It wouldn't suit a teen market. Frankly I'm aghast and dumbfounded at what the producers and film makers were thinking when they created this film. Besides the rather nifty technical work and visual effects there is little here to enjoy or respect.