• Ryan Palmer

★★★ Added by Ryan Palmer

When it was released, "Howard the Duck" was a movie that gained a serious reputation as one of the worst movies ever made. The film was a huge box office failure only making 16 million dollars against a 52 million dollar budget. On top of that the film received extremely negative reviews with a 14% on Rotten Tomatoes. Variety Magazine said "The movie just about dies in its first 15 minutes. Daffy Duck will be pleased to hear he didn't…

• bulletproofQpid

Rewatched by bulletproofQpid 22 Nov, 2015

I've finally got to face the fact that this is a truly horrible fucking movie, despite my love for the character. Hopefully Marvel will do something more with him stemming from his cameo in Guardians of the Galaxy...

• Cute Boy No Problems

★★★ Added by Cute Boy No Problems

If Fritz the Cat was a Ninja Turtles Movie

• Jesse Mason

★★★½ Watched by Jesse Mason 06 Nov, 2015

Joins the list of movies I think are half brilliant, half terrible like (500) Days of Summer and The Rules of Attraction. Maybe if George Lucas weren't involved the whole movie would've played like the amazing diner scene, which has got to be one of the greatest scenes of all time.

• Jim Schen

★★ Watched by Jim Schen 11 Nov, 2015

Film #14 of the 2015 Scavenger Hunt November Challenge!
    Task #11: A film that has been nominated for or has won the razzies.
    My Scavenger Hunt November 2015 List .

This was a pretty bad film. Some of the visuals in the first sequence, as Howard is transported from his home planet to Earth, made me hopeful that this could be "so bad it is good". But that hope was quickly dismissed when Howard arrives on Earth. The bad jokes…

• Jay Jay Jay

Watched by Jay Jay Jay 07 Nov, 2015 1

Piece of shit movie.

• Michael May

★★★ Rewatched by Michael May 04 Nov, 2015

Always makes the lists of Worst Movies of All Time, but that's overstating it. The last two-thirds are typically fun, goofy, '80s scifi/fantasy adventure with a guy in a duck costume working with Lea Thompson and Tim Robbins to fight Jeffrey Jones who's been possessed by a pretty great-looking creature. Nothing wrong with that.

The "Howard the Duck" song is rubbish (which is odd, since it was written by Thomas Dolby and George Clinton, who are not) and is accompanied…

• Trevor Griffiths

★★★★ Rewatched by Trevor Griffiths 01 Nov, 2015

Indefensible on any legit level, but I have mad nostalgia for it and it IS, undeniably, the best talking duck from space movie that almost starred Tori Amos.

• Adryon Thomas

★★ Added by Adryon Thomas

lol... 2 words: Duck Tits

watch the movie, it's pretty weird.

★★★ Watched by STEPHEN TUBBS 16 Oct, 2015

You really can't dislike it - original - and Jeffrey Jones is terrific.

• Robert Humanick

★★ Rewatched by Robert Humanick 11 Oct, 2015

I don't know what my rating means in this case, but suffice to say, it's amazing that this exists, and it took me longer to finish than Fritz Lang's Die Nibelungen.

• James Davies

★★½ Watched by James Davies 01 Oct, 2015 1

Having never read the comics nor seen the film before, I didn't know what to expect. What I go was a slightly enjoyable story, which was more whacky than inventive. However, the script was god awful and some of the acting, especially from Tim Robbins (I expect better from you) was absolutely dreadful. Howard looked ridiculous - apparently the film was originally going to be animated, and probably would have benefited being so.

It certainly isn't one of the worst films ever made, which many believe it to be, but it also doesn't fit into th category of 'so bad it's good' - it's just meh.