• Eli McGowan

★★½ Watched by Eli McGowan 27 Apr, 2015 1

Duck boobs. 80s hair. An incredible amount of sex jokes for a PG film. Lucas explosions and creatures. Remus Lupin possessed by Satan. Cajun Sushi. Beastiality.

• Hunter

Watched by Hunter 27 Apr, 2015

Beautifully awful. Well, really just awful.

• Jack Dignan

★★★½ Watched by Jack Dignan 26 Apr, 2015

I love the character of Howard the Duck. I always have. Ever since I first read the comic I've been in love with him and I haven't looked back since. I've been meaning to get around to this movie for a while and I'm so glad I did. Often called the worst film ever made, Howard the Duck is one hell of a good time. It's cheesy, nonsensical, over the top and absolutely hilarious. Sure, it looses a lot of…

• Adrian Zachow

★½ Rewatched by Adrian Zachow 15 Apr, 2015 1

Howard the Turkey is more like it. The sting in Guardians Of The Galaxy drew me to revisit this film based on the Marvel comic book, but unfortunately where the production values are competent, the comedic value of the film is virtually null. Howard, brought to life satisfactorily by an animatronic mask, spits out one liner after one liner, but never seems to hit the mark. Never shuts up, either. This, combined with the unimaginative plotting and cliched characters (behold…

• Megan_Maggot

★★★★ Rewatched by Megan_Maggot 14 Apr, 2015

Re-watching something you haven't seen since you were six synced with a fan commentary is incredibly charming. It's pretty amazing what constituted a PG rated film back in the day as this was pretty racy.

But I still think the most un-PG PG moment I have experienced in cinema would still have to be the song "Sodomy" from Hair (1979).

• The GingerPrince

★★ Rewatched by The GingerPrince 07 Apr, 2015

I was hoping this re-watch would make me love it as much as Arnie does but I didn't, it's truly awful...

• Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

★★½ Watched by Cameron M. Gambas Johnson 05 Apr, 2015

What. The. Duck.

"Howard the Duck" is a strange movie. It's funnybad, but not quite funnybad enough to recommend it unless you are a diehard fan of funnybad movies. The first half of it has lots of big laughs, though I'm unsure how many of them were intended (some definitely were).

Within the limits of its premise, the story isn't all that bad for most of the movie. The dialogue is terrible, oscillating between tongue-in-cheek and boring, but there are…

• Kikuchisawa

★★★★ Watched by Kikuchisawa 02 Apr, 2015

Who cannot love a movie about a talking duck that's aimed at adults? Apparently I'm in the minority on this!

• teamdave

Watched by teamdave 23 Mar, 2015

Enjoyed the song at the end.

Tim Robbins gives the worst performance ever by any human being.
    The duck is a mess and bumbles around in the most un-coordinated way possible. His voice is shocking and his supposed humour is misdirected the entire movie.
    This could have been a charming fish-out-of-water movie but instead is a horrendous mess with bizarre special effects, demons, sped up footage, repeated scenes, excessive duck puns, and awful, awful acting.

Amazing that anyone thought it could have been a good idea to make it.

• Pantoja

½ Rewatched by Pantoja 25 Sep, 1987

Worst movie ever?

• Matt Fisher

★½ Watched by Matt Fisher 07 Mar, 2015

***Blind Spot Project: Film #5***

Q: Why would anyone watch this when Starman exists?
    A: Well this is a comedy, Starman wasn't. Sometimes you want to see something funny.
    Rebutal: Howard the Duck is not funny. There are lots of jokes, sure, but none of them land. None. Not 1. Zero.
    Re-Rebutal: What about the Overlord stuff? That was pretty cool, right?
    Re-re-rebutal: Okay, fine, true, about half of the last half had cool parts. That's still 3/4 of a movie that really sucks.
    Conclusion: 27.5 minutes of a 110 minute long movie has some "cool parts" and you should just watch Starman.

• Hey Sluggo

★½ Watched by Hey Sluggo 04 Mar, 2015

For maximum enjoyment, fast forward to the last 15 minutes.