• Grimbo

★★★★★ Rewatched by Grimbo 24 Aug, 2014 4

I know I am in the minority here but I have loved this film since I saw it in the cinema in Millport when I was 7 or 8.

As far as I'm concerned it still stands up and those dark overlords look far more scarey than any CGI shit from late (Godzilla, who looked like he was from a computer game???).

It helps that I still love Lea Thompson too.

And I've heard folk say that the sex thing is too weird!! Eh? they dont have sex and she is clearly winding him up!

• BoxMasterMat

★★½ Watched by BoxMasterMat 24 Aug, 2014

Why does this movie get so much hate? It's a kid's film and it's alright. I would have loved this if I had seen this when I was younger. Maybe the duck boobs wasn't a great idea.

• Sean Balanger

★★★ Watched by Sean Balanger 24 Aug, 2014

I went into this expecting The Room... with ducks. What I got was really not all that terrible. Sure, the duck animatronics and the duck acting were pretty terrible. And the jokes... well, are there really any jokes in this? But I have to say that Lea Thompson and Jeffrey Jones really held their own in this considering what they were working with. Tim Robbins is another story, an awful one. The special effects and action sequences were actually pretty…

• Jason Bailey

Watched by Jason Bailey 15 Aug, 2014

But if you try to summarize the events of Howard the Duck — and after a couple of stabs at this futile enterprise, I’m electing not to — you just sound like a crazy person, because if Howard the Duck has one outstanding characteristic, it is not the neon ‘80s aesthetic or the corresponding crimped and teased hairdos or the utter creepiness of the titular duck himself. It is the film’s total lack of any logic. Events happen on screen,…

• Katherine

★★ Watched by Katherine 18 Aug, 2014

Oh boy. This is one of those movies you need to have seen young when you didn't know any better. I didn't even really have any fun with it.

• Phil

★★½ Added by Phil

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Sean Summ

★★½ Watched by Sean Summ 12 Aug, 2014

Food for thought: We got Howard the Duck nearly 30 years before we got an Avengers movie. Even worse, we are probably more likely to get a Howard the Duck reboot before we see a Justice League movie. Who are these people?

This is probably the most tonally confused film I've ever seen. I'm confused. Absolute trash. I really enjoyed it. How do I even begin to rate this?

Duck tits.

I only watched this for Guardians of the Galaxy.…

• Kiko Vega

½ Rewatched by Kiko Vega 10 Aug, 2014 4

El Plan 9 de mi generación.

• IkeTurnerBitch

★★★★★ Added by IkeTurnerBitch

I'm still laughing and had no idea it was based on a comic book the first time I watched it back in 1986 when I was five. Everyone remembers Lea Thompson or fell in love with her in Back II The Future movies but it's this film that cemented my crush among crushes for her. WHAT A BABE!!! SCREW YOUR LOW SCORES, I'M GIVING IT THE FULL 5 STARS!!!!

• Christopher Sorgiovanni

★★ Watched by Christopher Sorgiovanni 05 Aug, 2014

Thought I'd compliment the newest Marvel feature film with the oldest one...

...$37 million, Lea Thompson's legs, naked duck tits, inter-species seduction, duck puns, Tim Robbins, stop-motion space monsters, and a LOT of explosions.

I repeat... THIRTY-SEVEN MILLION DOLLARS.

• mcnunkee

Watched by mcnunkee 05 Aug, 2014

The best part of this movie is that some poor people actually paid to see this in theaters. Poor, poor people.

• matt lynch

★★★ Rewatched by matt lynch 04 Aug, 2014

it's hard to imagine that anyone thought people would go for this. even the guy who wrote it couldn't seem to juggle its whiplash tone from the director's chair, a pulpy sci-fi mess that hurtles between cornball self-aware ribaldry and high-concept adventure. it seems perfect for someone like John Landis (who i believe was offered it) but there may be no way to make this really work. it's entirely too long and barely coherent, but it also features some terrific…