• Chris

Rewatched by Chris 14 Sep, 2014

"If I had anywhere to go I wouldn't be in Cleve-Land."
    -Millions of Voices Crying Out In Terror

Howard the Duck boats a heap of incredible practical effects from the peak of the era that demand to be seen. The grande finale monster battle / light show has some tremendous shots that are pretty unparalleled.

Perfectly adequate 80s sci-fi / action. Terrible as an adaptation. Still more fun that Blade Runner. While the whole package is fine if taken on…

• Timcop

★★ Watched by Timcop 14 Sep, 2014

There's a certain level of "bad" that certain movies can achieve, and thereby become supremely entertaining, while there are certain movies that achieve another certain level of bad, and are maybe just a little too close on the side of "competent" to become thoroughly enjoyable. While I was hoping for a hi-larious experience along the lines of OVER THE TOP or NO HOLDS BARRED, what I actually got was.....HOWARD THE DUCK, a singular experience unto itself. The first 45 minutes…

• awildean

★★½ Watched by awildean 15 Sep, 2014

I will not get the two hours of my life back I spent watching this and that seriously depresses me

• Steve Austin

★★★★½ Rewatched by Steve Austin 14 Sep, 2014 1

An extra half star for this screening being on a 35mm print, with Val Mayerek (the original illustrator of Howard) watching the film completely for the first time all the way through and giving a very insightful Q&A afterwards.

• Jake

★★★ Rewatched by Jake 14 Sep, 2014

An unwrapped condom in your wallet, Howard? Really?

• Christof Kurz

★★★½ Watched by Christof Kurz 12 Sep, 2014

What the duck???

• Steve Dickson

★★★ Rewatched by Steve Dickson 29 Aug, 2014

Its alright fun. Think its main problem is that it is too grown up for kids and way to childish for adults. Luckily I am a big kid so this works for me.

• Darren Fx

★★★½ Watched by Darren Fx 04 Sep, 2014

"No one laughs at a master of Quack Fu!"

Another film that is hated for all the wrong reasons. Its pretty darn awesome.

A man duck from another universe comes to Earth, does Kung-Fu, meets a lead singer of a RIOT GRRRLL band then shit goes down such as an Emperor Palpatine Jeffery Jones, a fucked up Rancor battle and a generic theme song to the film's title character.

Duck and human beastiality ensued.

• Richard Trapp

★★ Watched by Richard Trapp 04 Sep, 2014

I've give it one thing: it's got personality.

I suppose that better be a good thing when you're trading good writing, quality special-effects and a plot that can actually sustain interest for an abundance of it. Which still isn't enough.

This movie isn't really as bad as many say. It is still very bad, though.

• Sean Mulvihill

½ Watched by Sean Mulvihill 03 Sep, 2014 1

Full review at: fanboynation.com/howard-the-duck-1986/

When Howard and his recliner are being pulled through time and space, he crashes through various duck-filled apartments, one of which features a naked female duck bathing. Her bare breasts, nipples and all, are exposed for all to see. As film is a collaborative art, think about how many people had to approve the duck tits. Concept artists worked on designing the duck tits, likely drawing varying shapes and sizes of duck tits. These concept drawings…

• mook

★★½ Watched by mook 28 Aug, 2014 2

aka Howard: A New Breed of Hero

I've had this on my watchlist for years but it was recently bumped to the top thanks to a cameo appearance by Howard in a recent high profile film. The DVD started with a trailer for 'Super Mario Bros' which put me in the right frame of mind since Howard the Duck has a reputation as one of the worst films ever made. However I think that's quite unfair. It's not a great…

• Omar Arteaga

★★½ Watched by Omar Arteaga 27 Aug, 2014

Llegué a esto gracias a Guardians of the Galaxy. Posiblemente una de las peores películas que he visto, pero en todo lo que se ve y se escucha hay una atmósfera incoherentemente graciosa.

No se siente ni un poco de simpatía por Howard más allá de querer que se calle, y aun así uno sigue viendo la película después de las actuaciones, diálogos, música, visuales y argumento. Todo es mediocre y sin sentido pero hay algo divertido por lo que uno ilógicamente se engancha.

"That's it, no more Mr. Nice Duck."