• Nick Chaney

Watched by Nick Chaney 23 Oct, 2014

Howard the Duck is not the best film ever made, but it just might be the best film ever made.

• the_narrator

½ Watched by the_narrator 23 Oct, 2014

This is what you see when you lose your mind during a screening of Mystic River.

• kroogah

★½ Watched by kroogah 03 Sep, 2014

The special effects barely earned this one an extra half-star. Other than that, this was even worse than I ever imagined.

• Adam Waldowski

½ Watched by Adam Waldowski 05 Oct, 2014

The terrible slapstick and never-ending duck puns suggest this is a movie for young children, but then there's incredibly inappropriate adult comedy — like Howard and Lea Thompson nearly indulging in bestiality — that make this decidedly mature. Nonsensical action sequences with garish special effects are so puzzling and incoherent, this eventually reveals itself to be a film with no intended audience. No one could derive joy or anything more meaningful from this tale of an expressionless, unlikable guy in…

• Alesia

★★★½ Watched by Alesia 16 Jun, 2005

Yes, it was a bomb at the box office, yes, and it's cheesy. The idea of a duck from space crash landing on Earth and joining a rock band is nuts... but this movie is fun anyway. It's not great, but I enjoy it okay? Lea Thompson is great as usual, so that's another plus for this movie.

• Justin

½ Watched by Justin 30 Sep, 2014

Whaaaaaaaat?

• Randall Yelverton

Added by Randall Yelverton

Fritz the Cat meets Follow That Bird meets Streets of Fire. What a mess. Jeffrey Jones is wonderful, though.

• Orangefellow

Added by Orangefellow

christ

• Matt G

★★★½ Watched by Matt G 21 Sep, 2014

I know the movie was pretty old, but it seems like the duck could have a bit more of an "edge". I never really noticed in the Back to the Future films, but Lea Thompson was really hot in this one - if you were able to get past her penchant for beastiality.

• Chris

Rewatched by Chris 14 Sep, 2014

"If I had anywhere to go I wouldn't be in Cleve-Land."
    -Millions of Voices Crying Out In Terror

Howard the Duck boats a heap of incredible practical effects from the peak of the era that demand to be seen. The grande finale monster battle / light show has some tremendous shots that are pretty unparalleled.

Perfectly adequate 80s sci-fi / action. Terrible as an adaptation. Still more fun that Blade Runner. While the whole package is fine if taken on…

• Timcop

★★ Watched by Timcop 14 Sep, 2014

There's a certain level of "bad" that certain movies can achieve, and thereby become supremely entertaining, while there are certain movies that achieve another certain level of bad, and are maybe just a little too close on the side of "competent" to become thoroughly enjoyable. While I was hoping for a hi-larious experience along the lines of OVER THE TOP or NO HOLDS BARRED, what I actually got was.....HOWARD THE DUCK, a singular experience unto itself. The first 45 minutes…

• awildean

★★½ Watched by awildean 15 Sep, 2014

I will not get the two hours of my life back I spent watching this and that seriously depresses me