• zimmercj

★★½ Added by zimmercj

To sound like a broken record in my reviews of movies based on books this movie neither lived up to the story nor made us believe in the story on another level. As a stand alone entity from the book it was a fairly good film, however the failing to live up to the legacy (pun intended) of the book series means that I can;t give this film even an average rating.

• Sean Klaus

★½ Added by Sean Klaus

When some hot teen chick walks out of a building in slow-motion with an expolosion erupting behind her to the tune of Rolling in the Deep" by Adele, you know you have a hilarious movie.

• SoloBea

★★★ Watched by SoloBea 28 Sep, 2015

La vi porque la puso Viri en su Reto Cinéfilo (Reto Nº 5: Una película con un número en su título). Y la puso tan mal, que me esperaba lo peor.
    La verdad es que me la esperaba tan mala que me entretuvo. Cierto que la vi con mucho sueño y vi la mitad de la película en una especie de estado de coma, pero para esos momentos que la cabeza no da para más, no estuvo mal. Los malos…

• William Kretschmer

★★ Watched by William Kretschmer 18 Sep, 2013

Aliens and their Guardians are hiding on Earth from intergalactic bounty hunters.
    Sci-fi made for teens is as silly as it sounds and not at all exciting.

• Terry

★★½ Added by Terry

Yes it's silly. Yes it does have a terrible first half but I have to say the film surely delivers in the end far more than its YA contemporaries. So yeah, it's basically Twilight with a decent action third act

• Ana Rita

★★★½ Watched by Ana Rita 19 Mar, 2011

It was one of my fav movies for so long!

• Brian Hann

★★★½ Watched by Brian Hann 31 Aug, 2015

Some poor reviews on IMDb but I thought this was a solid good sci fi.

• James Eggplant

★★★★½ Watched by James Eggplant 27 Aug, 2015

It was interesting. I loved it and I think you should too

• Thirdmango

★★★ Rewatched by Thirdmango 22 Aug, 2015

I've started to really like sci-fi-ish teen movies. There have been a big batch of them coming out in recent years and I am Number Four was one of the ones which started the trend, at least for the second tier movies that weren't giant franchises. This is the kind of movie which gets me interested in the book but it unfortunately isn't as good as some of it's predecessors of the later years. I'm not saying the predecessors are amazing, this just needed that extra little something to be good instead of just decent. As such this is just a decent little sci-fi movie.

• sarahc

★★ Watched by sarahc 14 Aug, 2015

another teenie love story

• eiszfuchs

Watched by eiszfuchs 03 Aug, 2015

Note to myself: Do not trust ratings on Netflix.

• Ollie

★★★ Watched by Ollie 29 Jul, 2015

I was expecting terrible.

But it's ok.

Kinda entertaining in that teen-movie-don't-need-your-brain style.

And Olyphant's in it so extra half star for that.

Kinda like what I imagine an episode of Smallville to be like.

But I've never watched it.

So I don't know.