• Sarfaraz Abbasi

★★★½ Added by Sarfaraz Abbasi

I Am Number Four turns out to be one good entertaining science-fiction movie for young adults. This movie should lack strong storyline; nonetheless it is far better than average science-fiction movies, flocking into numbers these days. Entire cast seems faithful to their characters, they do not fall to childish acting, like cast of Freddy Vs. Jason :).

Above all, I found the character-build-up in the film to be of promising level. There are some undiscovered myths, still unanswered in the movie. In my opinion too much of attention was given to unnecessary display of romance (which seems so odd to believe in it).

• joelhwa

★½ Watched by joelhwa 24 May, 2011

3/10: Another teenage lovey-dovey romance drama. Must be the current trend after the Twilight (2008) craze... Yawn....

• Chloe

★★★★ Added by Chloe

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Adam Theeye Pittman

Added by Adam Theeye Pittman

My review -- this film is now on DVD and I don't know how this film did it but it actually has a solid profit margin. The contents is as follows the viewer meets Number 4 as he gets this burning to illustrate the death of Number 3, you see my readers these young teenagers are what remains of this alien race and they have come to hide from this other alien race that has wiped out their own home…

• MovieMan23

★★ Added by MovieMan23

Forgettable movie isn't much different from others in genre.

• Adrian Zachow

★★ Added by Adrian Zachow

Unsurprisingly the writers and director have done some work on Smallville and Buffy, which pretty much dictates the tone here. Pettyer is teenage alien trying to blend in a small town, but menacing alien beings are hot on his tail and trying to murder him. Hardly original, and by the time the action gets going, one couldn't care less.

• ChicToDo

★★ Watched by ChicToDo 03 Sep, 2011

This film was only okay. The cast was good, but I was disappointed that they focused on the blossoming romance rather than the action.

• rewatchvalue

Rewatched by rewatchvalue 08 Nov, 2014

This is my second time viewing this movie. First time I hated it and my thoughts stay the same.

This movie is incredibly dull and the first hour and a half is seeing cliche high school drama that drags on for way too long. The villains look like they came straight out of an episode of Power Rangers and the plot is so predictable.

• Shawn McCool

★★★ Watched by Shawn McCool 05 Nov, 2014

Overall competent. Targeted at upper teens. Better than average action.

• Jessie

★½ Rewatched by Jessie 26 Oct, 2014

Alien bad guys with face tats and gills who wear long black dusters?

• Nazeer Vawda

★★★ Rewatched by Nazeer Vawda 21 Oct, 2014

For the mostpart it's a teen drama with Sci-fi elements. The last half hour is a kick ass Sci-fi action sequence. I'm kinda disappointed we didn't get a sequel. The second book was really different. Would have been cool to see how they did that. Also, it's wierd how much I remember from the book. Read it years ago

• Peter Pluymers

★★★ Watched by Peter Pluymers 21 Sep, 2013

"Grease in space"

I started watching this without any prior knowledge. Ultimately, it is not that special, but also not that terribly bad. It's obvious the makers played it safe. It's ultimately a mix of a high-school teen movie and a soft-core SF. The high school section contains all the cliche ingredients: the jock (quarterback, of course), a cheerleader, a nerd who's constantly harassed by the hunks of the school, the newcomer John who's not bad looking but is seen…