• Adrian Zachow

★★ Added by Adrian Zachow

Unsurprisingly the writers and director have done some work on Smallville and Buffy, which pretty much dictates the tone here. Pettyer is teenage alien trying to blend in a small town, but menacing alien beings are hot on his tail and trying to murder him. Hardly original, and by the time the action gets going, one couldn't care less.

• ChicToDo

★★ Watched by ChicToDo 03 Sep, 2011

This film was only okay. The cast was good, but I was disappointed that they focused on the blossoming romance rather than the action.

• rewatchvalue

Rewatched by rewatchvalue 08 Nov, 2014

This is my second time viewing this movie. First time I hated it and my thoughts stay the same.

This movie is incredibly dull and the first hour and a half is seeing cliche high school drama that drags on for way too long. The villains look like they came straight out of an episode of Power Rangers and the plot is so predictable.

• Shawn McCool

★★★ Watched by Shawn McCool 05 Nov, 2014

Overall competent. Targeted at upper teens. Better than average action.

• Jessie

★½ Rewatched by Jessie 26 Oct, 2014

Alien bad guys with face tats and gills who wear long black dusters?

• Nazeer Vawda

★★★ Rewatched by Nazeer Vawda 21 Oct, 2014

For the mostpart it's a teen drama with Sci-fi elements. The last half hour is a kick ass Sci-fi action sequence. I'm kinda disappointed we didn't get a sequel. The second book was really different. Would have been cool to see how they did that. Also, it's wierd how much I remember from the book. Read it years ago

• Peter Pluymers

★★★ Watched by Peter Pluymers 21 Sep, 2013

"Grease in space"

I started watching this without any prior knowledge. Ultimately, it is not that special, but also not that terribly bad. It's obvious the makers played it safe. It's ultimately a mix of a high-school teen movie and a soft-core SF. The high school section contains all the cliche ingredients: the jock (quarterback, of course), a cheerleader, a nerd who's constantly harassed by the hunks of the school, the newcomer John who's not bad looking but is seen…

• Joe DiCanio

★★ Watched by Joe DiCanio 18 Feb, 2011

Rating: C-

• Alexis Johnston

★★★★ Rewatched by Alexis Johnston 05 Oct, 2014

I really would love a continuation of this movie.

• KMOKLER

★★ Added by KMOKLER

Sorry I can't say anything about this film i remember thinking it was just alright when I watched it but after 3 viewings I still keep forgetting about this movie.

• Almer

★½ Rewatched by Almer 30 Sep, 2014

and I Am 36, so why did I watch this again?

• Frank Future

★½ Added by Frank Future

I felt compelled to rewatch I Am Number Four after thoroughly enjoying D. J. Caruso's previous flick, Disturbia. I also remembered not hating it when I saw it in cinema when it was released.

Well - putting it on was a mistake and apparently my memory sucks. Quite differently from Disturbia none of the actors in Four even register on the acting scale. I've always been impressed with directors who manage to take great talent and turn them into emotionless…