• Roger Joseph Ebert

★★ Added by Roger Joseph Ebert

"I Am Number Four" is shameless and unnecessary. That's sad, when a movie casts aside all shame, demonstrates itself willing to rip off anything that might attract audiences, and nevertheless fails. What we have here is a witless attempt to merge the "Twilight" formula with the Michael Bay formula. It ends with sexy human teenagers involved in an endless special effects battle with sexy alien teenagers who look like humans, in a high school and on its football field.

Let's…

• drashig

★½ Watched by drashig 19 Apr, 2014

Sub-Smallville generic teen pap.

• Nesdy

Watched by Nesdy 10 Apr, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• mistang

★★ Added by mistang

Looking back, I realize it was just a typical teen sci-fi, nothing really special.

• András Venyingi

★★★★½ Watched by András Venyingi 06 Apr, 2014

Sometime the conversations are boring.

• Pete Foley

Watched by Pete Foley 04 Apr, 2014

Abysmal fluff.

• Tony Black

Watched by Tony Black 31 Mar, 2014 2

There was one scene here where Alex Pettifyer's impossibly toned, stock surfer, blonde haired Number Four tells Timothy Olyphant's guardian with a straight face "I know how to blend in". The unintentional hilarity of that line gave me more pleasure than anything in this crushingly dull, painstakingly obvious attempt at appealing to a post-Buffy, Twilight-era tween-age fanbase - only forgetting to be exciting, interesting, funny, smart or endearing along the way.

The saddest fact perhaps is that DJ Caruso made Disturbia, a genuinely decent movie. Then again, he also made Eagle Eye so... perhaps I Am Number Four makes sense in that context.

• Dirk van Eck

Watched by Dirk van Eck 23 Feb, 2014

015/100

Holy. This was bad. Really bad. The story was inferior to what I have heard (never seen) about Twilight and the acting, well, I guess you have to be a 12-year old girl to find it merely okay? But yeah, of course I could have seen that coming, but there simply wasn’t anything on the television that night.

• TommySyk

★½ Watched by TommySyk 16 Mar, 2014

"Red Bull's for pussies."

Not quite as bad as Twilight nor completely desperate as Vampire Academy, I Am Number Four is yet another entry in this so-called "young adult" book-to-screen adaptations series. Fortunately, it doesn't require the viewers to be 12-year old girls with sensitive and explosive ovaries for them to enjoy it.

It's like a weird mixture of Percy Jackson and The Mortal Instruments, adding a bit of Twilight romance to spark it up. Needless to say, it ends…

• DER Schmidt

★★★ Rewatched by DER Schmidt 09 Mar, 2014

Teeniefilm. Recht kitschig.

• Keith

★★ Watched by Keith 09 Mar, 2014

Some won't like this film because it is a rehash of a number of other films. That being said, it wasn't all bad. Just not very good and a little (15 mins) too long.

• Brett

★★★½ Watched by Brett 09 Mar, 2014

218/365 (365 films in 365 days)

This was pretty cool, it reminded me of Jumper but was better because it actually had an okay story and some decent fight scenes.