• Kevin Matthews

★★½ Watched by Kevin Matthews 22 Aug, 2015

Patrick Muldoon plays an ex-professional ski champ who now works on a resort that has just about to be put in danger by the titular spiders in this moderately fun creature feature that could really have done with some more tension and/or gore. Vanessa Williams is the female lead, and all of the other characters are hard to care about. Still . . . . . . . . . . . spiders!

• Bill Riggs

★★ Watched by Bill Riggs 10 May, 2015

Giant spiders attack a ski resort.

• Alan Dorich

★★★ Watched by Alan Dorich 08 Apr, 2015 1

The effects are more than a tad dodgy in this SyFy Channel movie directed by Tibor Takacs, but the end result is a lot better his later SPIDERS 3D, which also featured Patrick Muldoon. Here, the action is set against a ski lodge (operated by Stephen J. Cannell!) and when the spiders of a nearby lab escape, the tourists are in danger of becoming lunch. The film is at its best when the arachnids are eating or are being mashed,…

• Dr. Daniel Keeling (PFR)

½ Watched by Dr. Daniel Keeling (PFR) 15 Jan, 2015

In the words of Tweety Pie, I thought I saw a crap movie.....I did,I did I saw crap movie. What happens when you combine skiing....spiders and really random government experiments. The plot for this film is as follows,
    1.Olympic skiing team containing cocky shit need to train
    2. ex Olympic skier helps train them and is a 'legend'
    and that pretty much sums it up. I mean...what government would conduct experiments on spiders? seeing as genetic experimentation…

• Sc8lo

Watched by Sc8lo 17 Apr, 2014

That poster is deceiving.

• Stephen Watson

Watched by Stephen Watson 03 Jan, 2014

It's no Arachnophobia. Hell, it's not even Eight Legged Freaks.

• Doug Boyles

★★ Watched by Doug Boyles 23 Oct, 2013

★★ Welcome to Lost Mountain, Logan County, Utah, where the men are men and the ski bunnies have eight legs and insatiable appetites.

We meet Bob and Rocky, two inept, local, bow hunters. Upon seeing an elk wander into arrow range, Bob says, "Hello Bambi." Actually, it may have been Rocky that said the line. Regardless, Bambi was a deer, not an elk. Bob and Rocky quickly go from hunters to hunted as we get our first look at an…

• Danny Aston

Watched by Danny Aston 03 Jun, 2013

Even by made for SyFy standards, this one ranks pretty low.

• Andrew Neill

Watched by Andrew Neill 02 Jun, 2013

Hideous but still almost enjoyable, they did not quite get the awful correct enough for it to become truly enjoyable. The acting is god awfl and this causes the main problems, I think a really bad film can be carried through by good acting, even if the lines are as horrible as they are in this and the effects are as shonky as they are.

I truly believe this could have been almost a perfectly bad movie but it missed the mark only in a few small places so is relegated to teh god awful pile.

• Janina Himmen

★★ Watched by Janina Himmen 06 Feb, 2010

Dieser Film hat mich stark an eine South Park Folge erinnert, und zwar an "Asspen". Es geht um entlaufene Genexperimente (hütet euch vor den prähistorischen Riesenspinnen, die die U.S. Regierung in Afghanistan ausgebduddelt hat!), die ein Skigebiet unsicher machen. In diesem tummeln sich angeberische Jugendliche, der fiese Ober-Wissenschaftler, patriotisch-dumme Soldaten, eine sexy (= unschuldig an den Experimenten beteiligte) Wissenschaftlerin und zufällig auch ein Ex-Army-ex-Olympiahoffnung-Skilehrer (= Held). Was für eine grandiose Mischung! Wie die titelgebenden Spinnen durch den Schnee hüpfen und…

• Dean Sherriff

★★★★★ Watched by Dean Sherriff 29 Nov, 2012

Absolute class!

• Russell Hainline

★★★ Rewatched by Russell Hainline 11 Aug, 2012

As a huge fan of SyFy creature features, I must plug one of my favorites. I've seen this fifteen or so times, and it never stops being fun. Patrick Muldoon as an ex-ski champion leading a resort against genetically mutated giant spiders. If you're not sold, your loss.