• Noah

★★★ Watched by Noah 22 Jul, 2014

In Time's premise is fantastic- the idea of a world where time is currency interested me immensely. While I don't think the end result is necessarily bad, I do feel like it had a lot more potential to be something great. The entire cast is fine- Timberlake and Seyfried hold the film well enough and Olivia Wilde is as hot as ever. The running time is appropriate for what they have to give, I was just hoping to get more.…

• YOORI

★★½ Added by YOORI

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Virgilio

★★★★ Watched by Virgilio 14 Jul, 2014

This is merely Darwinian capitalism. Natural selection.

Human beings stop aging at 25. Henceforth, you're introduced to a world governed by time economics. A ruthless class system with a massive wealth inequality. Apparently there are no more countries: the world is governed by time zones. Each one of them managed by a powerful plutocrat, or so I was led to deduce.

Intriguing sci-fi film, featuring a futurist Bonnie-and-Clyde duo in their quest to end said economic disparity. While the film is, in my opinion, well-executed, there are some scenes that display unbelievable feats by the main characters, which in turn do nothing but minimise its plausibility.

• Lili

★★★ Watched by Lili 01 Jul, 2014

It's an okay movie, but I've seen too many stories like this one to be amazed. Also there's nothing really impressive about it. No special effects, photography or acting taking my breath away. I don't think I will remember this for very long. By the way... Cillian Murphy's eyes creep me out! I can totally get why people think he has beautiful eyes because they are very unique, but they're also VERY SCARY. Sorry, Cillian!

• Ian Buckwalter

★★½ Watched by Ian Buckwalter 25 Oct, 2011

Read my DCist review.

• Monique

★½ Watched by Monique 01 Jun, 2013

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• familyband

★★½ Watched by familyband 01 Jun, 2014

Okay, I wasn't going into this film expecting anything amazing. I needed a cheap iTunes rental to pass the time on a flight.

What I got was a fairly entertaining, fast-paced, near-future action flick with some decent acting and a whole bunch of "time" puns. It passed the time on my flight, and I enjoyed myself. I'll probably never watch it again, but there are worse movies out there.

• Eduardo Insaurriaga

★★★½ Added by Eduardo Insaurriaga

Legal. Ainda que muito fantasioso o plot, toda a narrativa respeita as regras propostas pela mitologia. Um bom filhote de Matrix.

• TajLV

★★★½ Added by TajLV 2

One of Jason Timberlake’s better performances. When time becomes currency, puns run amok … just in time, don’t waste my time, I’ve got time for that, can you spare a minute, wait a second, etc. A hooker offers a “time keeper” (cop) ten minutes for an hour. Too funny. Still, the concept is novel and the unfolding of the plot kept me riveted to the screen, because time could run out for someone at any moment. Yes, see it before it’s too late.

• Moviebuff1975

★★★ Watched by Moviebuff1975 19 May, 2014

Intriguing premise underhanded by lackluster direction by Andrew Niccol. Should have been a lot more fun than it is.

• John Winters

★★★ Watched by John Winters 17 May, 2014 1

Interesting idea and pretty decent execution. I think the film would have really benefit from better leads than Timberlake and Seyfried, but they were both serviceable.

• The Briquette

★★½ Watched by The Briquette 19 May, 2014 2

This is driven by its odd overt money-time analogy, while concurrently attempting to force a carpe diem attitude to the audience. While the premise is interesting, it's all style over substance, really