• Kauri Singh

★★★★ Added by Kauri Singh

Nolan is a good director when it comes to dreams. One of his better movies.

• RedTypewriters

★★★★½ Added by RedTypewriters

Plot: A lot could have easily gone wrong with this ambitious script-- the interpretation of dreams and their 'rules', the use of film noir elements, merging the heist genre with the psychological etc.--yet, it all works. While you need to grab a cup of coffee to pay attention, the emotional pay-off is well worth it. 4.5/5

Acting: DiCaprio may be seen as overrated by harsher critics, but he delivers once again. Cotillard steals the show as Mal, while the major…

• TheOwlBlind

★★★★ Watched by TheOwlBlind 04 Nov, 2014

Despite criticisms that his work is cold and mechanical, there's an emotional centre here that makes it work. For all its hi-tech adornments, it's really the story of a broken man building a system of artificial representations to keep alive the memory of a departed love. Cities are presented as literal labyrinths of the mind, but it's the decaying city, dying without love, that is the film's most pertinent metaphor.

• pussylicka69

★★★★ Added by pussylicka69

surprisingly easy to get sucked into

• Dennis Flores

★★★★★ Watched by Dennis Flores 27 Nov, 2014

Still amazing.

• JOKain II

★★★★ Watched by JOKain II 26 Nov, 2014

This movie is a roller coaster for me. Sometimes I watch it and am fed up with it, sometimes I watch it and I'm enthralled by it. This particular viewing left me enthralled.

• Kymberlie McGuire

★★★★½ Rewatched by Kymberlie McGuire 19 Oct, 2014

Part of the Christopher Nolan retrospective at Alamo.

I missed this when it was on the big screen originally, so I'm glad that I got the chance to see it in that manner. It's smart, got great acting (especially the lovely Joseph Gordon-Levitt and his suits), and the cinematography is just lovely. It was a good pairing with Inception.

• eXtreme eVolution

★★★★½ Watched by eXtreme eVolution 26 Dec, 2012

An astonishing feat in weaving complex ideas and dream theories together. I loved the characters and the "kicks" of the story. One funny thing about the film I found (but maybe that's just me) was that when I heard the musical arrangement and when Miles came in to speak to Cobb, the first thing that came to my mind was Batman (Cobb), Robin (Arthur), Batgirl (Ariadne) and Alfred (Miles).

• Luke Ryan

★★★★½ Rewatched by Luke Ryan 10 Nov, 2014

Inception is a heist movie on an epic scale. From director Christopher Nolan, mind bending plots are something of a specialty, and this film is no different. For the heist in question, takes place inside the mind, in the world of lucid dreams.

Lucid dreaming is something I've been capable of in the past, and Leonardo DiCaprio's team in the film have perfected it down to a fine art. He, along with a select few, are able to enter someone…

• AlvaroMortem

Watched by AlvaroMortem 24 Nov, 2014

¿Es posible diferenciar los difusos límites establecidos entre lo imaginario, lo que acontece sólo en nuestra interpretación de los hechos del mundo, y lo real, los acontecimientos objetivos del mundo? Si no es posible, entonces vivimos bajo un orden solipsista en que es imposible comunicarse con el otro; si es posible, entonces existe la posibilidad de la comunicación y el entendimiento con el otro. No importa que lo imaginario lo llamemos «sueños» o «interpretación dada a través de las ideas»,…

• jswysin

★★★★½ Rewatched by jswysin 10 Nov, 2014

Still Nolan's best blockbuster.

• Matthew Wooldridge

★★★½ Watched by Matthew Wooldridge 28 Jul, 2010

I’ve only been getting 5-6 hour sleeps lately, so I admit I had about twenty microsleeps during the second act. But I don’t think I missed anything as I was never out for too long. I guess only a second viewing fully awake will determine this.

I really enjoyed the flick. If there are comparisons to THE MATRIX, I would say that this falls a little short in terms of excitement and overall amazement. It was a nice little mind…