• Ben Dugan

Added by Ben Dugan

I like being the voice of dissension. I like to enjoy movies that everyone else hates. I really do.
    This one is pure garbage though. The plot, the acting, the pacing, the everything. It's just a serious piece of garbage.

• Joey

★★½ Rewatched by Joey 16 Nov, 2014

How the mighty have fallen... I avoided this movie for years, and while I don't think its the huge dump on a near perfect franchise that everyone said it was, its definitely a HUGE step down. It's got its moments, but it also has Shia LeBeouf swinging on vines through the jungle and some things can't be forgiven. There's several instances throughout this movie that it almost feels like a parody of the previous films. Other times, it feels like…

• Timtenenbaum

★★★ Rewatched by Timtenenbaum 14 Nov, 2014

Directed by Steven Spielberg

Grade: B-

It seems like general public opinion on the fourth Indiana Jones ranges from negative to REALLY negative -- my reaction when I walked out of the theater back in 2008 was mixed at best, though I didn't think it was anywhere near "terrible", just a little on the disappointing side. We often go into movies like this with a very high level of expectation and hype, so I often wonder how much of that…

• James Healey

★★★½ Watched by James Healey 10 Jun, 2013

Perhaps the best of the lot. Less annoying childish parts than the others. The end wasn't as anywhere near as bad as people say. Aliens were done fairly well.

• Ian W. Pugh

★★★½ Rewatched by Ian W. Pugh 13 Nov, 2014

The adventures aren't just self-contained, they're entirely stationary, like a series of dioramas. Stationary, but not sedate--that's important, especially for those who continue to insist that Ford's age (or "nuking the fridge," aren't-you-clever-for-pointing-it-out) had anything to do with anything.

So for all of that, this one feels more like the screen-by-screen backdrops of "Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis". Point being that it's weirdly different, the sort of theoretical Indy adventure that they would make for paperbacks, comics, and…

• Jeff

★★★½ Watched by Jeff 11 Nov, 2014

Really? REALLY? So this was the movie everyone was complaining about that "ruined" the franchise? It was a pure, dumb, joyful romp- exactly like the previous three. Typically I can't stand Shia Lebeuf, but I thought he was perfect here as a wannabe tough guy. And Harrison ford is stil sexy at seventy or whatever.

Nostalgia blinded anyone who thinks this movie is significantly worse or different than the previous three. Thats my theory and I'm sticking to it.

• Sean Stangland

★½ Added by Sean Stangland

(Edited from a blog entry originally published May 22, 2008, at blogs.dailyherald.com)

It's about 14 hours since the credits rolled on "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull," and I'm still trying to convince myself that Steven Spielberg did not direct it.

"Crystal Skull" plays, more or less, like a cheap imitation of an "Indiana Jones" movie. Everything about it just seems...off. I knew we were in trouble when the film's very first shot was of a CGI…

• pileofcrowns

Rewatched by pileofcrowns 10 Nov, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Chris Salt

★½ Watched by Chris Salt 10 Nov, 2014 1

There are lots of things wrong with this film and even a handful of things that are right. What I don't understand though, and I've tried to put myself in their shoes, is that several people must have been involved in the editing process - making decisions about how to trim the action sequences for maximum punch, which character beats needed to be kept in, which could be dropped while still telling the story in the most effective way, haggling…

• Eoghan Lyng Lyng

★★★★ Added by Eoghan Lyng Lyng

Much better than is attributed.

Move aside all other action heroes, Harrison Ford is here to stay!

• sschuster

Added by sschuster

Awful (Except for the opening. Everything before the refrigerator was good).

• MBurke1