• William Humes

★½ Rewatched by William Humes 18 Dec, 2014

Just why?! To this very day I'm still confused as to why this got made. Insult to the original trilogy!

• Joel Lake

★★½ Watched by Joel Lake 17 Dec, 2014

With outlandish set pieces and action along with overacting and an unfulfilling ending, the movie takes all the worst parts of the previous Indy films and combines them in one film.
    Temple of Doom may have implemented the raft parachute but Crystal Skull "nuked the fridge". The other set pieces rely too much on over the top unbelievable action or unnecessary CGI to be any fun. There is a great fight scene taking place in on multiple jeeps that mirrors…

• Christian Katzorke

½ Rewatched by Christian Katzorke 18 Dec, 2014

Ouch. At leat I watched it before watching part 3 - the gap would have been to big if not.

• Stephanie Wu

Watched by Stephanie Wu 22 May, 2008

I skipped class to see this, and to be honest, I think I would've preferred to have just gone to class that day.

• James Turpin

★★½ Rewatched by James Turpin 14 Dec, 2014

MY THREE WORDS
    Haphazard, weak, un-necessary.

• Steve Grzesiak

★★★ Watched by Steve Grzesiak 14 Dec, 2014 18

The Box Office Bashing Season: 2003 to 2014

It's a shame about Ray.

Well. It looks like an Indiana Jones film and it sounds like one. That was one of my first thoughts about Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull as it spluttered through its opening few minutes and then unfortunately hit a very low ebb with the obviously now infamous bit with the fridge.

And that's at least something. That they pretty much got the feel of it, or at…

• Matt Newton

★★ Added by Matt Newton

Like the third Jurassic Park movie, it’s as if someone new stepped into Spielberg’s shoes, took over the helm of the Indiana Jones franchise and did their best to try to stay true to the series, only to craft together an installment that gets off to a whip-cracking start and then trades its soul for a rather weak story, outlandish suspension of disbelief and humor that, in places, smacks of Jar Jar Binks.

While popcorn fun on its own merit,…

• Adam Theeye Pittman

★★½ Added by Adam Theeye Pittman

My review -- this film is now on DVD and this project had a massive profit margin at the box office roughly speaking $596 million. To be honest with my readers this is my least favourite installment of this franchise. I will be explaining my reasons when it is suitable. The visual aspect of the landscape is absolutely faultless and highly detailed. The storyline begins well but somewhere in the middle, it becomes flat, incredibly frustrating and on the whole…

• Rob Samuelson

★★★½ Watched by Rob Samuelson 07 Dec, 2014

Screw it, I liked it a lot. There were plenty of paternalistic turns and some incredulity, but it works better than anyone has given it credit for. It's minor Indiana Jones, but so is everything post-Raiders. Why wouldn't Indy touch on sci-fi things, especially during the period of sci-fi's best?

Spielberg is incapable of a truly bad movie, and I am drunk. All is well.

• Neale

★½ Rewatched by Neale 06 Dec, 2014

Thumbs Up: Harrison Ford puts in an admirable performance at the age of 65, Shia Lebeouf is surprisingly good as Mutt, decent production design, plus the flesh-eating ants are pretty cool I guess.

Thumbs Down: Look at Harrison Ford in the poster. Look at his eyes. Is there anything more depressing than that image? Every decision made to accommodate Ford's age (from the change in eras to the return of Marion Ravenwood) feels like a mistake, and even Cate Blanchett can't liven up the soulless rehashing. Plus the CGI is nauseating, Ray Winstone's character is almost aggressively pointless, and John Williams' score is half-assed at best.

• James Neat

Added by James Neat

Can we just pretend that this movie didn't exist?

• Max Häßlein

★★ Watched by Max Häßlein 02 Dec, 2014

The one with his family.