• GMan

★★ Watched by GMan 27 Jul, 2014

A few cool action scenes unfortunately cannot save a script and overall plot that is uninteresting and boring from start to finish. Albeit quite unrealistic (waterfalls anyone?) the few action sequences did make the movie semi-enjoyable, but they had nothing to do with advancing the story. A bunch of the characters are useless, as well - never really hated or even cared about the villains. The ending - ummm....was that supposed to make me go "OMG so cool!"? Overall, not recommended.

Note: it took me about 5 sittings to get through this.

• Chris

★★★ Rewatched by Chris 25 Jul, 2014

Desperately preoccupied with assuring us that it does, in fact, take place in THE FIFTIES and truly no more absurd than any of the first three movies. The script doesn't allow Blanchett to go the full camp both appropriate and necessary to make her an even vaguely compelling villain, though John Hurt seems more than willing to (try to) make up the difference.

• Parker

★½ Watched by Parker 24 Jul, 2014

The best part of the original movies were the insane stunts and imaginative set pieces. That's been replaced with Phantom Menace-esque cg and Shia Lebeuf playing a greaser tough guy in the worst casting in cinema history.

• Sean Wu

★★ Rewatched by Sean Wu 12 Jul, 2014

Friend: The fourth one sucks!
    Me: No, it's not that bad! Really, a whole lot better than the second!
    Friend: Really.
    Me: Really!

Boy was I wrong. It really sucks.

• Ben Lott

Rewatched by Ben Lott 10 Jul, 2014 3

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Ferg

★★★★ Added by Ferg

I acknowledge that I'm almost completely in the minority here, but I like…er, scratch that, love this movie. Not only was it a treat to see a new Indiana Jones film in the theater in it's original release, but I've always found it to be full of thrills, humor and heart. Hell, I even love the ending. Indy discovering 50's-style UFOs? Yup. I really, really dug it. And it's held up on multiple viewings. While LaBeouf's character feels a bit…

• Sir_Kahless

½ Added by Sir_Kahless

This is like rape of the childhood

• J Hobbs

★★ Watched by J Hobbs 06 Jul, 2014

That was dumb

• Alex Krajci

★★★ Rewatched by Alex Krajci 07 Jul, 2014

I Like 2008's Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull, I Like It Because My Mom Kelli Likes Shia LaBeouf And Ms. Sindelar My Teacher Knows Cate Blanchett.

• Fred Anderson

★★★★ Added by Fred Anderson

So you think the refrigerator scene is absurd and unrealistic? Then I guess the rubber boat in Temple of Doom was an example of ultimate realism? Oh, it’s preposterous with the alien plot? I guess the god plot of the earlier films is much more plausible? Wait, plot holes? So… so you mean the other three films have no plot holes at all?

Sorry for the sarcasm, but reading peoples opinions about Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal…

• GiddyNGleeful

★★ Added by GiddyNGleeful

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Chad Webb

★★★ Rewatched by Chad Webb 26 Jun, 2014 2

When I first saw Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, I admit I was probably a bit generous with my rating. I played down its problems because hey, it was a new Indiana Jones film and as a reviewer that was exciting to tackle after growing up with the previous three adventures.

I have watched this polarizing picture for the second time and was about as entertained by it as I was during that initial theatrical viewing.…