• Jason Darby

Added by Jason Darby

When I reviewed the original trilogy in quick succession recently, I knew that the day was coming when I would have to review...this abomination. And make no mistake, this film is an unholy abomination not unlike the ones that crawled out of the Ark of the Covenant some thirty years ago. It is the result of greed, blind ambition, and an utter failure to understand what made the character so great all those years past.

If there is any redeeming…

• Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

★★★½ Added by Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

The ending is bad, the plot gets overly ridiculous even for an Indiana Jones movie, and some of the sets look very fake. That said, it's still got that whip-cracking style and humor and it's an entertaining addition to the franchise.

• JeffPed

Watched by JeffPed 23 Mar, 2015

If the Indiana Jones series is the American equivalent to James Bond, it now has its first "Die Another Day". There's an abundance of details we can point toward that tell us why this film doesn't work (e.g. an over-reliance on expository dialogue, clunky scene transitions, CGI over practical sets/effects, etc.), but this being the first movie on Letterboxd I don't "like" (whatever that means), I feel the need to find some positives! Because, in the end, every movie is…

• Daniblacksmoke
  • Paul Bulger

★★ Watched by Paul Bulger 25 May, 2008

I could tolerate Kingdom of the Crystal Skull's apparent flaws at first, but then it lost me during the vine swinging sequence, and every scene henceforth, and its climax is hopelessly irreparable.

• Jamie Rogers

★★★ Added by Jamie Rogers

It isn't everything you'd want an Indiana Jones film, but it gets a worse rap than it deserves.

• Cactus Matt

★½ Added by Cactus Matt

Some things should stay in the past and while I was never a die-hard fan of the original three uneven films, everything here is just worse than what came before making it feel like a lazy cash-in.

• Deathlok190

★★★½ Watched by Deathlok190 12 Mar, 2015

A good movie with good casting on the whole, a very good story and good character development makes the movie highly enjoyable. The return of a former love interest in Marion makes for a very interesting dynamic, the movie is even more enjoyable by the suprise of Jones having a son, unfortunately I am not overly keen on the actor that was cast in the role.

• fdash

★★ Added by fdash

bullshit.

• Dave

★★½ Watched by Dave 14 Mar, 2015

Famed archaeologist/adventurer Dr. Henry "Indiana" Jones is called back into action when he becomes entangled in a Soviet plot to uncover the secret behind mysterious artifacts known as the Crystal Skulls. - IMDB

Well the day has finally come where I've succumbed and watched what others say is a 'piece of shit'. It's safe to say that I kinda felt that way too, but there were some things that was somewhat OK.

What was most offensive to me was it…

• Filip Önell

Added by Filip Önell

Old Harrison Ford and the jumbled script written by a half dozen writers...

• thetriceratops

★★★½ Added by thetriceratops

Well, what can I say? Harrison Ford is still great, even when he's old and there are... aliens for some reason? Whatever, Indiana Jones movie!!!