• KMOKLER

★★½ Added by KMOKLER

It's fun at times and i know alot of people say this is one of there guilty pleasures but for me its just OK because its way too cheesy and the kid annoys the hell out of me.

• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★★½ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 12 Apr, 2008

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom is probably a little step below its predecessor, but a pretty insignificant step that is. With a plot that took a somewhat darker tone and with spectacular action sequences, this is an extremely entertaining prequel that features Harrison Ford and Steven Spielberg doing what they do best as good as ever.

• Jordan Benesh

★★★★ Watched by Jordan Benesh 12 Aug, 2014

I was able to catch this on the big screen at my local theater -- hooray for Harkins' "Tuesday Night Classics" series -- and was not at all disappointed. It holds up about as well as I remember from the last time I saw it, though it's definitely far darker than I recall it being. It isn't quite on the level of Raiders of the Lost Ark or Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, I grant you that, but so what? It's still a thoroughly entertaining film from start to finish.

• Nathan Sizemore

★★★★★ Rewatched by Nathan Sizemore 19 Aug, 2014

My affection for Temple of Doom has grown and grown over the years. Jonathan Ke Quan puts it over the top for me. His relationship with Indy is perfect. Willie (Kate Capshaw) has grown on me a lot, too; I think I found her annoying for the first 2-3 viewings.

90/100

• sschuster

★★★ Added by sschuster

This used to be my least favorite, until Crystal Skull came around. I just find it to be overly long and a bit boring.

• Guybm

★★★★★ Rewatched by Guybm 22 Aug, 2014 1

The best entertainment movie ever made. I can't even start to explain how perfect it is. I would give it 6 if I could.

• DrRalph

★★★ Watched by DrRalph 26 Aug, 2012

(Seen outdoors at Somerset House.)

I have no idea how to allocate a score to this childish, offensive, tiresome movie which I have now seen so many times, and is so bound up with my relationship with my friends, that I can't stop myself enjoying it even though I find it hateful. S

• Miles Hardman

★★★ Watched by Miles Hardman 18 Aug, 2014

With kids being enslaved, whipped and forced to work without rest before being rescued by a more forbidding Indy, Temple of Doom sometimes feels like a Spielberg-directed advert for the NSPCC. It comes as no surprise then that it's significantly darker than Raiders of the Lost Ark before it, and also not as good, as it throws away many of its predecessors exhilarating action sequences (of which there are only a few here), in favour of an eerier, focussed storyline. Really, it reminded me of Live and Let Die, but not quite as good.

• James Turpin

★★★ Rewatched by James Turpin 11 Aug, 2014

Wow. This one is nowhere near as fun as I remember.

'Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom' famously gets a lot of slack for being "darker", so when I sat down to watch it I was looking forward to it. I don't mind a bit of darkness. But I think the better term would be "mean-spirited". This movie, while it has more energy and more liveliness than 'Raiders', starts to feel greasy in its' second act. To make it…

• tim rogers

★★★★★ Watched by tim rogers 23 May, 1984

I've seen this movie maybe a thousand times. I put the Blu-ray on almost every Saturday and let it loop while I worked for the duration of 2013 and most of 2014.

It is the best Indiana Jones movie. "Raiders of the Lost Ark" and "The Last Crusade" are World War II films which flesh out details of Indiana Jones' character and history. "Temple of Doom" takes place before both of those films, yet debuted between them. "Temple of Doom"…

• Kev

★★★★ Added by Kev

3.75/5

• TJ Duane

★★★★ Rewatched by TJ Duane 05 Aug, 2014

The villain here is racist and problematic, but he's still more memorable and well crafted than every Marvel villain outside of Loki.

You know why?