• Michael "PhantomKnight" Dennos

★★★★ Rewatched by Michael "PhantomKnight" Dennos 23 Jul, 2014 5

When considering the first three Indiana Jones pictures, yeah, Temple of Doom can be called the weakest, but even then, it's still a really entertaining and damn good movie. Let's get the weaknesses out of the way first: Willie is an annoying character, and such a step down from Marion. To quote Indy: "The biggest problem with her is the noise." Then there's Short Round. Oh, he has his entertaining and charming moments, but he also has a few that…

• Jared Skarsten

★★★★½ Rewatched by Jared Skarsten 25 Jul, 2014

I've been trying to rewatch many Spielberg classics, and I've really been enjoying my time with the Indiana Jones franchise. Despite this film probably being the most campy out of the first three films, it is still a contagiously captivating adventure film. Harrison Ford is fantastic as the quintessential manly man, and Kate Capshaw convincingly portrays the most annoying woman to accompany Indiana possible. And, as always, I want a best friend like Short Round.

• Corey Fordham

★★★★ Rewatched by Corey Fordham 23 Jul, 2014

That middle scene, you know, where we see a violent, horrifying satanic cult ripping out the heart of young man, sickening child slavery and brutality and Indy having blood poured down his throat to turn him evil, yeah that has to be more violent and disturbing then anything in Roth's upcoming Green Inferno.

• Chris

★★★½ Rewatched by Jason 17 Jul, 2014

B&W

• Yvette

★★★★★ Rewatched by Yvette 29 Jun, 2014

TEMPLE OF DOOM is SO fun and everyone in the audience was loving it. I love it. It's the perfect Indiana Jones adventure with a great sidekick, Short Round. Honestly, if I am gonna watch one over and over again, I'd pick this one. It's darker at times but the silly, fun, awesome characters lighten it up. Who thinks about the slaved children or the heart being pulled out of a man when it has them eating chilled monkey brain and falling off bridges. Not a big deal. Toughen up, people.

• Varghese Eapen

★★ Watched by Varghese Eapen 15 Jul, 2014 2

Dear Spielberg,

Why was this ever made?...this has to be one of the most disappointing sequels i have ever seen...after seeing one of the most exhilarating movies ever made this installment was pure balderdash...filled with cliches left, right and center...i never once rooted for the daredevil protagonist....while the former has some astonishing and innovative action set pieces this one is a bland ride...

Seeing one of Indian cinema's most iconic character actors reduced to a thankless role was particularly sad..instead…

• Funky Fresh

★★★★★ Watched by Funky Fresh 09 Jul, 2014

Not as strong as the first film, and Willie and Short Round are fairly weak and annoying characters, but the second Indiana Jones movie is still a delight to watch. The action scenes are great and Harrison Ford is, as always, awesome.

• Alex Krajci

★★★ Rewatched by Alex Krajci 08 Jul, 2014

I Like 1984's Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom, I Like It Because It Just Turned 30 Years Old This Year In 2014.

• Kirk Gospel

★★★½ Rewatched by Kirk Gospel 06 Jul, 2014

While the first film is a pure awesome blockbuster, this one however, not so much. While it is a fun movie in the same vain as the first the characters are all rather flat. Willie Scott is annoying and one dimensional. A lot of the other characters appear to be as well, even Short Round, he makes up for by being so lovable.

Hang on lady, we going for a ride.

• Thomas Lewry

★★★★★ Rewatched by Thomas Lewry 06 Jul, 2014

Saw this on the big screen today. I've always been of the opinion that 'Temple of Doom' is the second best Indy movie, and it was solidified today. So awesome.

Short Round knows how to get shit done!

Team Temple of Doom 4 life!