• Notsoboo

★★★ Rewatched by Notsoboo 30 Aug, 2015

My God, Kate Capshaw is annoying. I'm still giving this three stars because some of the action (especially in the final 30 minutes) is really good- but you have to sit through the god-awful first hour before this movie becomes even remotely fun.

The mine cart scene makes me want to play Donkey Kong Country.

• t2kickassjedi

★★★½ Added by t2kickassjedi 1

Temple of Doom is a really fun action film with a cool concept.

• Lewis Walker

★★★★★ Rewatched by Lewis Walker 27 Aug, 2015

I feel after reading the other reviews on letterboxd I need to champion the second in the Indiana Jones franchise, and argue just how good this film is!

After not watching the Indiana Jones franchise for many years, I thought it high time that I return to the series that had always entertained me, but never overwhelmed like so many other fans and critics. I started by watching 'Raiders' and enjoyed it alot! The story is good, characters are entertaining…

• Spotted Lemur

★½ Added by Spotted Lemur

The film in a nutshell:

Indiana Jones asian friend dies but we don't know him so we don't feel bad for him.

He then teams up with some of the most annoying sidekicks in history and they get invited to a snake eating party while the directors try to cram in as many racist stereotypes as possibly.

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

• ownheroine

★★½ Watched by ownheroine 27 Aug, 2015

The film was entertaining, but my god the portrayal of many of the Indian characters in this film was fairly stereotypical and racist.

• Roman Arbisi

★★★★ Watched by Roman Arbisi 25 Aug, 2015

Woah! I had a great time with 'Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom', a lot more than I was expecting heading in. As I read reviews up and down various different sites and forums this Indy film still divides the most die hard of Indy fans to this day, and it's shocking. Why? Because 'Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom' is AWESOME!

'Temple of Doom' really only has a few problems, one MAJOR problem and a few minor…

• Conan Tan

★★★½ Watched by Conan Tan 09 Jan, 2015

The decision to make this a prequel instead of a direct sequel did help the movie. (No Nazis, completely different setting, etc.) It is however the most violent Indiana Jones movie.

• SJHoneywell

★★★ Added by SJHoneywell

Weak sister of the
    Original trilogy.
    Shut up, Kate Capshaw!

• Aurora Esterlia

★★★★½ Added by Aurora Esterlia

I was in shock because I watched this as the first movie of the whole old sequels after that Crystal Skull.
    This is really horror, so dark, and very dangerous adventure, so thrilling ! And because its really dark, dame it, I got scared.
    Tho there still funny notes in it. But, name it, this is how you called DOOM! I can't believe it someone really made that Crystal Skull. That Crystal Skull was nothing.

• Michael SweatpantsDisco

★★★★ Rewatched by Michael SweatpantsDisco 23 Aug, 2015

I think if I were a millionaire the first thing I would do is pay to have my living room redesigned to look EXACTLY like the sacrificial chamber in the temple of doom. Then I'd pay off my credit cards.

• evlkeith

★★★ Rewatched by evlkeith 23 Aug, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

This is a strange one tonally. It contains a comedy child sidekick who is a tad irritating (but nowhere as bad as the child sidekick in The lost World with her gymnastics tomfoolery) and an embarrassingly pathetic comedy female lead who is a backwards step from Raiders' leading lady. All light and fluffy then. Until along come some scenes of a bloke having his heart torn out and then burnt alive. How does Spielberg get away with this when it…

• Wilco

★★★★½ Rewatched by Wilco 15 Aug, 2015

Sólo varias cosas:

1.) Kate Capshaw está fabulosa, interpreta lo que se le requiere interpretar y sólo llega al nivel de Jar Jar Binks en la escena nocturna del bosque (simplemente porque la misma operación cada 5 segundos ahí ya es demasiado), por el resto, la comunidad de acólitos que reniega de esta película me parece que elevan el grito por pura sobreactuación. Aparte, creo que hay una justificación para mostrar a este personaje así. Cada una de las entregas…