• Jeff_Allen

★★★★★ Watched by Jeff_Allen 27 Oct, 2014

This is one of my favorites. a fast moving thrill ride

• callen10

★★★ Watched by callen10 28 Oct, 2014

When nostalgia fades, what's left is easily the weakest of the the original trilogy. None of the inventive intrigue of Raiders or Crusade...still good as a popcorn flick with some lovable characters.

• n1kname

★★★½ Rewatched by n1kname 25 Oct, 2014

As it's predecessor, a great action adventure.

They made more mistakes in this one. For example about the kids, I get a bit of a Star Wars Ewok feel here. This aspect makes the whole thing more annoying and childish, although Short Round is a great kid character.
    The female lead is an even more of an offender then the female lead in Raiders of the Lost Ark. She is only there for the comic relief and as a doormat.
    Still, a movie that is a prime example of fun adventure entertainment.

• Gex

★★ Rewatched by Gex 21 Oct, 2014 2

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Hemi

★★★ Added by Hemi

Out of the original 3 this was my least favorite. I still liked it and it did what i expect an Indiana Jones movie needed to do.

• Ian W. Pugh

★★ Rewatched by Ian W. Pugh 17 Oct, 2014

There's an interesting contrast, at least, to the racist "exoticism" of the dinner scene--which is periodically interrupted by Indy, the Prime Minister and the Captain calmly discussing the wonders of British imperialism. So after the Captain saves Indy from an hour of screaming (and I mean scuh-reeeeaaming) Thuggee horrors, it feels like a vicious punchline to fifty years of hindsight. On that note, I love Walter Chaw's take on its worth in the zeitgeist--definitive, yeah?--but the damned movie is just too crowded to find a foothold. "Breathless" turned into "abrupt."

• Stefan Novakovic

★★½ Watched by Stefan Novakovic 17 Oct, 2014

Features probably the most annoying female sidekick in film history.

• Joe DiCanio

★★★★ Rewatched by Joe DiCanio 21 Sep, 2012

Rating: B+

• Joe DiCanio

★★★★½ Watched by Joe DiCanio 28 Mar, 2011

Rating: A-

• Jake

★★★½ Rewatched by Jake 04 Oct, 2014

From the trilogy, it's probably the least best - not going to too many locations, being a bit over the top, etc. But I still really think it captures the tonality and adventure of Indiana Jones. Even if the plot isn't as intriguing as the the other two, the way it's made and paced, from the action sequences to the comedic bits, is thoroughly entertaining.

• lefthandedhero

★★½ Watched by lefthandedhero 04 Oct, 2014

A few great lines, cool dynamic with the kid, but a lot of over-the-top scenes and lack in variety kept it from being great.

• that_guy

★★★ Rewatched by that_guy 04 Oct, 2014

It's been quite a few years since watches for me but this was worth revisiting.
    Yeah, the tone of the film is dark and doesn't really have the joy and just sheer fun of the other films in the series but as someone who likes horror, the material here was a nice touch.
    Voodoo, ripping out hearts, smacking kids around, drinking blood, burning folk alive - I enjoyed it.
    Kate Capshaw grates but she even admits that. The little Asian…