• mrpengo88

★★★★★ Added by mrpengo88

• Jeffrey Coté

★★½ Rewatched by Jeffrey Coté 27 Nov, 2015

Watching this film back to back with Raiders really makes this one stand out, and not in a good way. It almost feels as if they're trying to recreate the magic here and stumbling a bit on the way. There's still a few parts that are memorable though. And they sure did make good use of Harrison Ford's rippling abs...

• Elijah Davidson

Rewatched by Elijah Davidson 26 Nov, 2015

Steven Spielberg's last childish movie.

I would love to interview Kate Capshaw.

• svenjayne

★★★ Watched by svenjayne 21 Nov, 2015

Growing up I had in my head that all Indiana Jones movies were created equal. It's only been in the past year, that I've come to realize that Raiders of the Lost Ark is one of the best films ever made. And that Temple of Doom is a massive letdown. Don't get me wrong, the film ends with some great thrills, but Doom also has a character more annoying than Mutt Williams (Willie), some terribly dated effects, and a disappointing story.

• Aboo612

★★★½ Watched by Aboo612 22 Nov, 2015

Temple of Doom is an interesting sequel/prequel that is much darker than Raiders. The film has some brilliant set pieces that stand right up there with the previous installment, unfortunately there are some flaws that really bring down the experience for me.

The biggest problem plaguing temple of doom is the characters.

Short-Round is just shoved in our faces and we are expected to care for him, he seems like a proto-Jar Jar Binks in that his entire character is…

• CartoonSA

Watched by CartoonSA 18 Nov, 2015

The worst of the films before the really bad ones. I liked the stupidity of some of the action sequences. Hello rubber boat! But meh.

• Warriors

★★★★ Added by Warriors

I remember when i went to see this movie the whole theatre was filled and more and more people took the stairs for a place to sit! Very succesfull and a lot of famous ingredients like violence and adventure!

• Rodney Terrell

★★★ Rewatched by Rodney Terrell 15 Nov, 2015

100 FILMS BEFORE 2016
    Film 19-Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

This one was a bit of a tough sit this go around, I think this movie has great moments but is hurt do to insanely forced humor that does not work and a female lead that is beyond annoying and there for the love story falls flat on it's face. However I do like the action set pieces and Ford is again great here as Indy. Not a bad film but certainly a big step down from Raiders.

• AJ_Crews

★★★★★ Watched by AJ_Crews 14 Nov, 2015

This is the first Indiana Jones film I saw and I was entranced from the get go. It's not as perfect as Raiders and doesn't strike the emotional chord that Last Crusade does for me but I adore it just as much.

Oh and the Club Obi Wan opening is one of Spielberg's very best blockbuster sequences.

• Daniel Charchuk

★★★ Rewatched by Daniel Charchuk 11 Aug, 2007

I always used to hate this film. I just thought it was terribly acted and overtly gross. I still think that, but it's not as bad overall. Kate Capshaw is terrible. No way around it. All she does is whine and scream. The little Chinese kid is irritating. Even Harrison Ford isn't as endearing. But the action scenes are terrific (especially the mine cart chase). The visuals are impressive (and frightening). And it's got some great humour. It doesn't hold a candle to the other two, but it's not terrible. Just disappointing.

• Tylar

★★½ Watched by Tylar 14 Nov, 2015

A movie in which Indiana Jones picks up two extremely annoying sidekicks.

• Rohan Morbey

★★★★½ Rewatched by Rohan Morbey 14 Nov, 2015

Fortune and Glory, kid. Fortune and Glory.