• movieboyer long

★½ Added by movieboyer long

Nice lullaby Steven Spielberg,because i almost went to sleep,but not with wind sound or mothers voice,but with stupid violence sounding and looking like GTA city noise.
    With lots of violence you can only capture stupid,uncultural people and a boy naive to films,but other preafer to see real life like the sims.
    I think this movie got a meadle that they only bought,and not like other films who win it by thinking a lot.

• mathisglover

★★★½ Rewatched by mathisglover 25 Jul, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

I think this was my first viewing knowing that Temple of Doom was a prequel and it was interesting revisiting with that in mind. I like that this installment gives us a more fame-driven Indy and that we get to see him let go of that.

There are lots of good action scenes and laughs but I don't think any of them come close to those in Raiders and Crusade. I like it but it's definitely not as great as the other two films in the trilogy (said everyone ever).

• Not Dave Kehr

Added by Not Dave Kehr

Steven Spielberg's 1984 sequel is quite a bit better than Raiders of the Lost Ark: the pacing is much more assured and effective (there are actual peaks and valleys in the action) and the situations are more imaginative and varied. Spielberg has developed the spatial contrasts of his visual style (particularly his trick of lighting his backgrounds more brightly than his foregrounds), creating a seductively dimensional look that at moments suggests Raoul Walsh. Yet the blunt Freudian images of George…

• Scott Kaczynski

★★★★½ Rewatched by Scott Kaczynski 21 Jul, 2015

People give Temple of Doom a lot of shit, and it's completely undeserved. Yes, it's different than Raiders of the Lost Ark, but that's wear the merit lies. Do you know how easy it would've been for them to make another adventure with Nazis and a well known cultural artifact? Well, yes because after the bitch-fest on ToD they made Last Crusade. Don't get me wrong, I love Last Crusade, but it's a safe choice. I'm excited that they took…

• MDS_Chill

★★★★ Added by MDS_Chill

three of those stars are for the Shanghai nightclub sequence.

• Nick van Lieshout

★★★★★ Rewatched by Nick van Lieshout 20 Jul, 2015

My first memory of TEMPLE OF DOOM isn’t actually a memory of TEMPLE OF DOOM at all. But I thought it was. You see, it took me a few years during my childhood to actually get around to seeing an Indiana Jones film in its entirety. For some reason, I had only seen the second halves of RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK and THE LAST CRUSADE and one sequence from TEMPLE OF DOOM. Or at least, I thought it was…

• Sequoyah

★★★★★ Added by Sequoyah

This one is my favorite Indiana Jones in the franchise. It's both the most light hearted, and the darkest of all four of the films. I know that it's hated by most people, but all the side-characters have the best dynamic with Indiana. This movie made Harrison Ford my favorite actor. Truly, these movie are one of the greatest achievements of cinema.

• MDHInHouston

★★★½ Added by MDHInHouston

The second Indiana Jones film is the weakest of the original trilogy. Heavily criticized at the time of its original release for its content and bleak story line, Temple of Doom remains an exciting adventure movie with excellent set pieces.

• Ronin

★★★½ Rewatched by Ronin 19 Jul, 2015

"-What's that?
    -Antidote.
    -To what?
    -The poison you just drank."

• Lucas

★★★★★ Rewatched by Lucas 23 May, 2015

This is one of my favourite movies, it's one that I can watch over and over again. It may not be one of most people's favourite of the series, but to me it stands as what Indiana Jones really does. He helps people and tries to explore deeper into the unknown and discover what it's all about.

• Wade Ford

★★★★ Added by Wade Ford

Another great adventure. a bit more darker than the rest of the Indiana Jones saga

• Julio Chuman

★★★½ Rewatched by Julio Chuman 18 Jul, 2015

É um filme muito mais dark, inconstante e violento do que o original. Notícias sobre a produção "culpam" como responsável por esses problemas o divórcio pelo qual George Lucas, roteirista e produtor do filme, estava passando.
    Ainda assim, não posso negar que sequências como o túnel de insetos ou Molan Ram arrancando o coração de um homem vivos nunca passaram perto de sair da minha cabeça (o que não se pode dizer de 90% dos filmes que assisto).
    O filme…