• Isaac Lee

★★★½ Watched by Isaac Lee 02 Oct, 2015

Finally catching up with the second instalment of INDIANA JONES franchise from the very first time, over three decades, it surprisingly doesn’t feel dated, on the premise that if one can disregard its shameless exploitation and derision of the exotic Indian culture (cuisine) and religious belief, which has become a normalcy for the ever-avaricious industry.

After an efficient prologue in Shanghai 1935, where a deal routinely goes awry between Jones (Ford) and the local crime boss Lao Che (Chiao), he…

• Justin Jagoe

★★★½ Rewatched by Justin Jagoe 01 Oct, 2015

Ugly, and racist, and colonialist, and mean-spirited. Also exciting, and terrifying, and exceedingly well-crafted.

In other words, 80's Hollywood at its apex.

• omar_stark1999

★★★½ Watched by omar_stark1999 01 Oct, 2015

with all of it's flaws and the fucking disturbing unnecessary girl character. Temple Of Doom remains an fun adventure with more darkness and style. The Chinese boy's character was fine and well performed. It doesn't really reach it's predecessor in quality but still a fine sequel.

• Jacob Willinger

★★★★ Rewatched by Jacob Willinger 27 Sep, 2015

A lesson in romantics by Docta Jones

• Glorbes

Rewatched by Glorbes 27 Sep, 2015

The tone is all over the place at times, but the action set pieces are amazing, and it embraces its trashy roots with gusto, delivering one thrill after another. I watched it with my oldest son (I skipped the heart/sacrifice scene, though he knows about it), and he had an absolute blast. I hated this one when I was younger, but I now appreciate it more than I ever did before. It's a grand adventure movie, even if it fails to reach the transcendence of Raiders. The mine cart sequence, man...what an awesome sequence.

• Mr. Film

★★★★ Watched by Mr. Film 25 Sep, 2015

It's not as awe inspiring as it's predecessor, but "Temple of Doom" is still a wild ride. It does feature an annoying love interest, and kid side kick, but they don't take away from the action and clever story and risky dark tone.

• Justin Powell

★★★★ Rewatched by Justin Powell 24 Sep, 2015

So I'm into this film but it's also super racist.

• Luca Di-Maio

★★★★ Watched by Luca Di-Maio 22 Sep, 2015

• A

★★★★ Rewatched by A 20 Sep, 2015

For being the "worst" of the trilogy this is not bad at all; sure, since they get to India until they're inside the temple it's pretty bad with all its "women are hysterical and third worlders are weird" stuff, but the rest is glorious, beautiful colours reminiscent of Fco Plascencia's work on Batman's Zero Year arc(s), and of course that fantastic amusement park ride-like sequence towards the end (wouldn't be surprised if they used it for one of those rides…

• TheAnalyzer

★★★★½ Added by TheAnalyzer 1

Although Shortround may be annoying, Temple of Doom has a lot of action and, in my opinion, a freaky and well-written story that screams "Indiana Jones." Probably the most action-packed of the series, the cart scene was extremely enjoyable. They were right to make a ride out of the scene, because it's one of the best moments in action movies. Sure, the movie is the weakest of the trilogy, but it's still a great, enjoyable movie nonetheless.

Pop quiz: did…

• francisco

★★★★½ Rewatched by francisco 12 Sep, 2015

Steven Spielberg pode não ser e nem nunca ter sido o melhor diretor do mundo (provavelmente nunca foi mesmo) mas com certeza já foi o mais ENGENHOSO (mesmo que hoje não seja), e esse filme é uma das pequenas apoteoses relativas da carreira do sujeito que demostram isso.

• Alex Vieira

★★★½ Watched by Alex Vieira 10 Sep, 2015

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom pode ter um argumento claramente inferior e mais desajeitado comparado ao seu precedente, contendo também um humor um bocado pateta, e sofrer um leve desequilíbrio no decorrer da sua experiência, mas o espírito do primeiro filme ainda está aqui presente, mantendo o telespectador entusiasmado com toda a aventura e pela realização e imaginação das cenas de ação.

Nota: 7,3