• Gex

★★ Rewatched by Gex 21 Oct, 2014 2

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Hemi

★★★ Added by Hemi

Out of the original 3 this was my least favorite. I still liked it and it did what i expect an Indiana Jones movie needed to do.

• Ian W. Pugh

★★ Rewatched by Ian W. Pugh 17 Oct, 2014

There's an interesting contrast, at least, to the racist "exoticism" of the dinner scene--which is periodically interrupted by Indy, the Prime Minister and the Captain calmly discussing the wonders of British imperialism. So after the Captain saves Indy from an hour of screaming (and I mean scuh-reeeeaaming) Thuggee horrors, it feels like a vicious punchline to fifty years of hindsight. On that note, I love Walter Chaw's take on its worth in the zeitgeist--definitive, yeah?--but the damned movie is just too crowded to find a foothold. "Breathless" turned into "abrupt."

• Stefan Novakovic

★★½ Watched by Stefan Novakovic 17 Oct, 2014

Features probably the most annoying female sidekick in film history.

• Joe DiCanio

★★★★ Rewatched by Joe DiCanio 21 Sep, 2012

Rating: B+

• Joe DiCanio

★★★★½ Watched by Joe DiCanio 28 Mar, 2011

Rating: A-

• Jake

★★★½ Rewatched by Jake 04 Oct, 2014

From the trilogy, it's probably the least best - not going to too many locations, being a bit over the top, etc. But I still really think it captures the tonality and adventure of Indiana Jones. Even if the plot isn't as intriguing as the the other two, the way it's made and paced, from the action sequences to the comedic bits, is thoroughly entertaining.

• lefthandedhero

★★½ Watched by lefthandedhero 04 Oct, 2014

A few great lines, cool dynamic with the kid, but a lot of over-the-top scenes and lack in variety kept it from being great.

• that_guy

★★★ Rewatched by that_guy 04 Oct, 2014

It's been quite a few years since watches for me but this was worth revisiting.
    Yeah, the tone of the film is dark and doesn't really have the joy and just sheer fun of the other films in the series but as someone who likes horror, the material here was a nice touch.
    Voodoo, ripping out hearts, smacking kids around, drinking blood, burning folk alive - I enjoyed it.
    Kate Capshaw grates but she even admits that. The little Asian…

• Luke Ryan

★★★½ Watched by Luke Ryan 30 Sep, 2014

The second round of Indiana Jones adventure comes in the form of The Temple of Doom. What surprised me about this sequel (really a prequel, set two years before the events of Raiders of the Lost Ark) was how it's one long story from start to finish. Meaning I was waiting for about twenty minutes for the beginning to end, much in the same vein as Raiders, which started out with a mini adventure, before getting to the main plot.…

• David Barens

★★★½ Rewatched by David Barens 27 Sep, 2014

'Specter Appreciation Month 2014'

While not as golden as I remembered it, it still leagues above a lot of films.

• Brett Blumenkopf

★★★★½ Rewatched by Brett Blumenkopf 28 Aug, 2014

It's not as tight as Raiders of the Lost Arc (but then again, what is?), and Willie is a clear step down from Marion, but Temple of Doom is still practically unmatched when it comes to delivering unrelenting, thrilling action. In a way it feels even more breathless than Raiders, and even though it's not quite as original, it still completely beats the hell out of anything that has been made in a long, long time. It should also be…