• Joel Lake

★★★★ Watched by Joel Lake 17 Dec, 2014

Indy returns in this film that benefits from a darker tone, a more sinister villain and a more active Indiana Jones (Indy feels a more passive observer in Raiders).
    The film often trails into over the top action scenes (using a inflatable raft as a parachute from a plane) and the child actor playing Short Round is annoying while Kate Capshaw's Willie overacts in almost every scene she is including flipping out over an elephant and becoming disgusted over the…

• Jakob

★★★★½ Rewatched by Jakob 16 Dec, 2014

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom is arguably the most controversial and universally disdained Indiana Jones adventure (yes, even more so than Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull [the defenses of which are pretty weak]). However, I find Temple of Doom to easily be the best Indiana Jones film after Raiders of the Lost Ark—it's all about release order (Raiders > Temple of Doom > The Last Crusade > snake surprise, chilled monkey brains, and a vat of actual…

• John Bleasdale

★★★★½ Rewatched by John Bleasdale 13 Dec, 2014

brill

• Christian Katzorke

★★★½ Rewatched by Christian Katzorke 14 Dec, 2014

As a kid, this has been my favorite Indy. Of course it is not ;-)
    It still is very entertaining and fun. The wagon race and the usage of the rubber boat as a parachute is at least as stupid as the fridge scen - which is of course still no excuse for Indy 4

• Locke

★★★★ Rewatched by Locke 13 Dec, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Adam Theeye Pittman

★★★★★ Added by Adam Theeye Pittman

My review -- this film is now on DVD and it made a astronomical profit margin of $305 million roughly. This film had its cinematic release in 1984 and it continues to be talked about as one of the best adventure trilogies today in 2012, so it is safe to assume it is a timeless classic. The storyline is faultless, it has a little bit of everything such as romance, adventure and even some comedy, I mean there are some…

• amgurrola

★★★ Rewatched by amgurrola 05 Dec, 2014

Campy and fun, not to be taken seriously. That's why I enjoy it. Er, despite the overt sexism and limiting gender roles. I mean, who didn't want to stab that blonde? The answer is Harrison Ford because sex trumps all. Duh.

• nickgraz95

Added by nickgraz95

9/10. classic

• Max Häßlein

★★★½ Rewatched by Max Häßlein 01 Dec, 2014

The one with the screaming girl.

• Alex Duvall

★★★★ Rewatched by Alex Duvall 30 Nov, 2014

A great film. While the effects do not really come near today's standards, I remember when I first saw this in theaters. At the time, the effects were phenomenal. The story is still good to this day

• Wei Li Heng

★★★★½ Added by Wei Li Heng

A very good second, but Willie does drag it down.

• Joel Vered

★★★★½ Rewatched by Joel Vered 08 Aug, 2014

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom is one of the most underrated films ever made. The film is not xenophobic; it potrays no culture in any way.

The films visual effects are imaginative, and scary. This was the most scary film ever made when I was a kid. It was made back in the days when CGI didn't exist. Director Steven Spielberg was creative and had to make do. And it worked.

While the film has a few flaws, I have nothing negative to say about. I think it is MARVELOUS.