• tejas

★★★★ Rewatched by tejas 30 Jul, 2015

With each reviewing I have to drop half a star because this film doesn't feel as good as the first viewing.

• Nathan Sizemore

★★★★★ Rewatched by Nathan Sizemore 27 Jul, 2015

93/100

You know what, I took major ideological exception to Inglourious Basterds the first time I saw it. I saw it in Belfast, Northern Ireland, which probably informed the strength of my reaction to what I deemed its gleeful support of terrorism.

But I saw a lot less glee on subsequent viewings. There are a lot of strange, sympathetic moments given the Nazi characters and a lot of ugliness allowed to be perpetrated by the "good guys". It's a much…

• Miami Conroy

★★★★½ Watched by Miami Conroy 28 Jul, 2015

Actually my first time watching this... kept putting this off, no excuse to why it took me this long.
    Inglourious Basterds has to be up there with some of the most bad ass movies of all time. Take it from me, I've never been one to like Military action movies but this was a home run.
    I think one of the most evident times of genius for this film was the beginning, the conversation between the S.S officer and the…

• Catt Monway

★★★★★ Added by Catt Monway

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Quentin Tarantino makes blood look so fun.
    Eli Roth is my favorite.
    Eli Roth as Donny Donowitz (The Bear Jew).
    I wanted more of The Bear Jew.
    The cinematography.
    Brad Pitt and his hunger for Nazi scalps.
    Chrisoph Waltz being haunting and intimidating in such a spectacular way.
    The way that baseball bat hits his head.
    The way the head bounces.
    The titles for each chapter. Perfect.
    How everything came together.
    Melanie Laurent as Shosanna was such a thrill to…

• Peter Carellini

★½ Added by Peter Carellini 1

Tarantino is a huge fan of movies. That's honestly great, and I dig the man's passion for the industry. But...Jesus Christ, when he's blasting those references every nine minutes and being cutesy with his style to the point of Tarantino-on-Tarantino satire...it's not fun, man! Whoo boy, not at all. Worse, the fact that he decides to self indulge (by say, using a Mexican standoff when we could have a wonderfully fun Tarantino war battle) and show you how much he…

• Vanessa

★★★★★ Rewatched by Vanessa 27 Jul, 2015

OOOH THAT'S A BINGO!!

• Fabio

★★★★ Watched by Fabio 26 Jul, 2015 1

there's an awful lot of blood in this movie, but then, is it really a tarantino movie without blood?

• Gerald Evans

★★★★ Watched by Gerald Evans 22 Jul, 2015

I can't say I can put this on same level as Pulp Fiction, but Inglourious Basterds is still another great film from director Quentin Tarantino. There's one chapter that I didn't really care for, but the rest of the film was absolutely bonkers in the most glorious way ever conceived. Talk about explosions and mayhem. I don't care what anyone says, I love Quentin Tarantino's style to go all-out with the violence. It's insane and outrageous, but Inglourious Basterds is definitely what you call a bloody good time.

4.3/5

• ReedRothchild

★★★★½ Rewatched by ReedRothchild 18 Jul, 2015

Inglourious Basterds wouldn't exist without decades of films about Nazis, the Holocaust and World War II to draw upon but it takes these tropes and arranges them into something completely original. It is a hugely entertaining genre film about revenge, men on a mission and cinema but it is nothing like its predecessors. Tarantiono takes audience sympathies and pushes them to the limit, taking a holocaust revenge fantasy to its logical, ugly conclusion.

• madamepsychosis

★★★★½ Watched by madamepsychosis 23 Jul, 2015

So far, it's my favorite Tarantino.

• Rashid

Added by Rashid

Rewriting history has never looked this good. I almost apologized to Tarantino for writing him off as a hack, but then I saw DJANGO UNCHAINED and maintained my position.

• Pranav

★★★½ Watched by Pranav 23 Jul, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

I just didn't like the disjointed scenes as much and wished there was a bigger meaning to it outside how the Americans were as abusive as the Germans. Loved the inclusion of Hitler as a funny looking person and really reflected the humorous vibe of the whole movie.