• Krishna95

★★★½ Added by Krishna95

This was the first Tarantino movie I ever saw, so it was really awkward watching it the first time
    After a second watch, I really came to appreciate Tarantino's brilliant screenwriting, direction (as I would later come to better understand in Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs) and casting, especially Christoph Waltz and Brad Pitt. The performances complemented the writing superbly, and I will never ever forget the gut-wrenching but still memorable first scene that will go down as one of…

• Michael Middlemast

★★ Watched by Michael Middlemast 29 Jun, 2014

I found i spent most of the film reading subtitles. A lot of the film was in French or German which i found fairly irritating as it detracted from the action unfolding. Every scene featuring Brad Pitt is amazing generally filled with the violence and gore that i went into the film expecting. The remainder of the scenes, however, were quite slow with Quentin preferring to use exposition rather than drama to tell the story, something i believe doesn't go so well.
    Ultimately i believe it is an average movie with some really awesome gory scenes, they don't outweigh though.

• Baz Film

★★★★ Rewatched by Baz Film 19 Jul, 2014

A re-watch of Tarantino's 'Inglorious Basterds' reminded me of how much I dislike 'Django Unchained'

• Baiba Lambert

★★★★★ Watched by Baiba Lambert 17 Jul, 2014

My first 5-star movie!
    It was that great and a well deserved 5-star + like combo! I don't give it for nothing. The movie was so amazing to me, I re-watched some of the scenes right after it was finished - the very beginning, the restaurant scene and the premiere.

Until this movie, I couldn't understand why Q.T. liked violence in his movies so much... NOW I DO. Tarantino is my favourite director, there is no doubt about it. The…

• Jason

★★★★½ Rewatched by Jason 14 Jul, 2014

B&W

• Andrea Palma

★★★★★ Watched by Andrea Palma 15 Jul, 2014

QUE. PELICULA. TAN. BUENA.

*se para y aplaude a Tarantino for eternity*.

• TimTam

Cinematography: ★★★★
    Sound: ★★★★★
    Christoph Waltz: ★★★★★

What I learned:
    Mike Myers is hilarious no matter what

• smallstot

★★★★ Added by smallstot

Good lines, intriguing. A bit long.

• jackrys

★★★★ Added by jackrys

Fantastic Tarantino film with one his most interesting concepts yet! Very gritty and intriguing. Probably has my favorite look and vibe of Tarantino films, not sure to pin it. Fantastic idea to combine the idea of a spaghetti western with a WWII flick. Always entertaining to watch. The best scene in the movie, by far, is the opening scene. The tension built by Christoph Waltz is unparalleled in any of Tarantino's films. Sometimes the dialogue can bog down some scenes, but not to the point of boredom!

• Mark Dujsik

★★★★★ Rewatched by Mark Dujsik 11 Jul, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• mharbour

★★★★½ Watched by mharbour 03 Sep, 2009

A glorious bloody romp.

• Chris Francis

★★★★★ Rewatched by Chris Francis 11 Jul, 2014 1

To steal from every review on this film ever, Inglourious Basterds includes the line "This might just be my masterpiece".

Now, that's what this film is for Tarantino in my opinion.

It's his most refined work with some of the best performances and shots and sequences and dialogue and story and editing and pretty much every aspect of his movies.

It's like it's his thesis film.

The film to graduate the school of cinema he's lived all his life.

It's…