• photonviewer

★★★★½ Watched by photonviewer 18 Jun, 2010

Really was pretty good. The historical delineation that takes place was gold too, imo. lots of nice little moments of 'over the top'

• Austin Gaebe

★★★★★ Watched by Austin Gaebe 26 Nov, 2015

This film is really an achievement. Tarantino is one of the most daring modern-day filmmakers. This film is shocking, exciting, ridiculous, intriguing, suspenseful, and, by the end, very satisfying. The ensemble cast is wonderful with Christoph Waltz being, yet again, the star of the film. That being said, I would still rank Django Unchained over this film because I think the pacing in Django is better than Inglorious. That being said, this film is a very solid addition to Tarantino's colorful filmography. I would recommend this to anyone who is fascinated by history and likes a classic espionage film with a violent flair.

• Brian McLain

★★★★ Rewatched by Brian McLain 25 Nov, 2015

3 of the 5 chapters are excellent: The opening the chapter at the French dairy farm, the third chapter - particularly the strudel scene, and the fourth chapter in the bar. All three are exercises in tension. The other 2, not so much, though there are some good stuff in there - particularly the scenes between Mélanie Laurent and Daniel Brühl.

• Paul Attard

★★★★½ Watched by Paul Attard 26 Nov, 2015

QT's masterpiece. Plain and simple.

• Rocky Pajarito

★★★★★ Rewatched by Rocky Pajarito 25 Nov, 2015

I'm in love with this movie and it might be Tarantino's masterpiece. The best combination of cinematic endeavors set out by the filmmaker throughout his body of work. The love story, though a little slight, is incredibly tragic and consistent. The love of film history is there. The action and quirkiness is there. Then it becomes a weird assassination film with the verve of great heist film. Every performer here is on point with the humor and tragedy at everyone's…

• Twan

★★★★ Watched by Twan 24 Nov, 2015

There used to be this disused railway near where I grew up that ran under a little bridge where me and pals would get into mischief when we were young.

I only tell you this because there was some crude graffiti on one of the walls that read "IAN IS A BAZTURD", a spelling mistake as bad as Tarantino's bastardised 'basterds'.

Pair of bastards.

• cameron morewood

★★★★ Rewatched by cameron morewood 19 Nov, 2015

Watched for the first time with an audience and found myself continually circling back to how integral the idea of context is to the identity of this film. It's not only about what historical and regional context does to the individual (see: Shosanna and Zoller's impossible romance), but also fascinated by how it can elicit odd reactions from its audience merely by contextualizing images a certain way. For example, during the scene where Eli Roth (as the bear jew) beats…

• Laura Kennedy

★★★★★ Rewatched by Laura Kennedy 23 Nov, 2015

Oooh, that's a bingo

• Damian_Terd

★★★½ Added by Damian_Terd

• Vonne Patiag

★★★★½ Rewatched by Vonne Patiag 22 Nov, 2015

With this film, Tarantino proves he is a master of mixed narratives and characterisation. It is all the characters that make this film, how they bounce around and run into eachother, almost under the guise of pure chance. By working with and reclaiming WWII Tarantino cements himself as a 'God-like filmmaker' presenting an alternate reality where we are swayed by and trust in his penmanship.

• thegambler

★★★ Added by thegambler

Would not argue with Tarantino's self-congratulatory coda were the picture not markedly more vulgar than Pulp Fiction.

• Ben Bates

★★★★ Watched by Ben Bates 21 Nov, 2015

Inglourious Basterds is without a doubt one of the more entertaining Tarantino films. It's highs are extremely high, in particular his satisfying violence and witty dialogue.

Sadly, the entire film is not all highs, and comes off as rather bloated at times. A few scenes are extremely forgettable, and some of his trademark dialogue just feels like Tarantino is in love with himself. I appreciate his ability to write entertaining dialogue, but in his later films it has become increasingly…