• DinosK

★★★ Watched by DinosK 24 Oct, 2014

It's a decent movie but I thought it was way more fun than it actually is.

• Michael Waldron

★★★★★ Watched by Michael Waldron 24 Oct, 2014

This is another movie from the "I should have seen this a long time ago" list (sounds like an idea for a Letterboxd list!). I've had a quick browse of the reviews here and everyone else has nailed it. It's the usual Tarantino mix of fantastic dialogue, great production and, of course, violence.

The story is great, the ending also great, I don't have a negative thing to say about this film....if you are like me and for whatever reason avoided the flick until now, change that asap.

• Nicole Jessome

★★★★½ Added by Nicole Jessome

Another win for Tarantino. Hard to watch if you can't watch violence, but hey, it's Tarantino. This was awesome and have seen it many times after initially seeing it in theatres. Acting and story, both awesome

• Kira

★★★★½ Watched by Kira 21 Oct, 2014

I thought this movie was spectacular, probably because I had fairly low expectations. Either way, it was an excellent film.

• kate16

★★★★★ Added by kate16 2

Inglourious Bastards is one of my favourite films. I always enjoy Quentin Tarantino films and this one is particularly bold and entertaining. The concept of the film is great - mixing comedy, action and drama into a chapter by chapter story with one hell of an ending that rewrites history!
    The characters are excellent, stand out performance being Christopher Waltz’s Col. Hans Landa (aka “The Jew Hunter”) who ‘s cunning, sly and sadistic demeanour really keeps you on the edge of your seat. It’s funny, a little bit gruesome, cleverly written and boldly entertaining.

• Arlo J. Wiley

★★★★★ Rewatched by Arlo J. Wiley 11 Jul, 2014

I was invited to be on a podcast called Making the Scene, which dissects individual film scenes chosen by the guest. After much deliberation, I decided on the La Louisiane scene in Inglourious Basterds, one of the tensest in recent memory. It's like a little 20-minute short story tucked away in the middle of the film, with its own distinct cast of characters, set-up, and resolution. Tarantino's sense of rhythm, working for the last time with the late master editor…

• Michael Kastner

★★★★★ Rewatched by Michael Kastner 20 Oct, 2014

Meisterwerk.
    Für mich Tarantionos bester. Grandiose Darsteller, wunderbare Dialoge und trotz mehrfacher Rewatches immer wieder spannend. Ich liebe diesen Film!

• Daniel Wolfe

★★★★★ Added by Daniel Wolfe

Tarantino's masterpiece.

• Tim Woods

★★★★½ Added by Tim Woods

A fine piece of work indeed.

• Simon Curry

★★★★½ Rewatched by Simon Curry 10 Oct, 2014

I will say every scene with Michael Fassbender was indeed my favourite; if I possessed the ability to write a decent original screenplay and the lack of respect to shamelessly steal characters from a body of work, well Mr Fassbender's Lt. Archie Hicox would be my first victim. I have neither of those things however.

Anyway, one of my favourite characters ever, followed closely by the brash and brilliant Aldo Raine. These two had me in an imaginary world wondering…

• Ryan Fischer

★★★★½ Rewatched by Ryan Fischer 08 Oct, 2014

Tarentino explores the power and meanings of film violence, from propaganda to slapstick to cathartic power fantasy. He does so with some masterful suspense and gorgeous visuals.

• Joe DiCanio