• madhardy

★★★★★ Added by madhardy

Tarantino on a history-bending script about Jews taking revenge on the Third Reich. If this doesn't sound spectacular to you, then it wasn't made for you. If you aren't a part of this minuscule portion of the population, then you will probably worship the ground on which Quentin stands after viewing this film (if you don't already). A legendary cast: Brad Pitt, Christoph Waltz, Eli Roth, and a few minor others. Brutally entertaining.

• Al

★★★ Added by Al

It has its moments, but I didn't like this one very much.

• Jeloy

★★★★ Added by Jeloy

Guilty pleasure. Badass movie.

• The Briquette

★★★★ Rewatched by The Briquette 14 Apr, 2014

A more disjointed film than I originally remember; it felt like the film was built around the tense table scenes, rather than them running fluidly within the film. The concurrent plotlines (Aldo Raine and Shosanna's) just didn't converge well enough - they were too separate.

But Waltz's Landa is superb, doing a fine job at holding this together, and the story climaxes wonderfully. By God, Tarantino sure does make an enjoyable movie with style.

• MoviePhanatic

★★★★½ Watched by MoviePhanatic 12 Apr, 2014

Week #9 with Jack Gaffney, Film #2

This most likely could be a 5/5 but man this movie is freaking great. This film really made me intriguied from frame one and literally, for a 2 and a half hour long movie, kept it interesting through it's rich storytelling, some excellent performances and, of course, awesome direction by Tarantino. However, some scenes go on for way to long and they easily could've been cut down but anyways, it's a remarkable film that I really like. Not my favorite Tarantino film, but still it's pretty damn close.

• Aracno

★★★★ Watched by Aracno 11 Apr, 2014

On my top 3 Tarantino films. Excellent.

• Tyler McCalpin

★★★★★ Rewatched by Tyler McCalpin 11 Apr, 2014

Still a masterpiece--or, a BINGOOO!!!! (How fun!)

• cineedo
  • mook

★★★ Rewatched by mook 05 Apr, 2014

Although the title is taken from Enzo G. Castellari's 1978 'Macaroni Combat' film "The Inglourious Bastards" I was struck by how these 'Basterds' are supporting characters in their own film. A full on World War 2 action film following their exploits could've been a lot of fun but instead Tarantino remakes "Rocky IV" swapping the Cold War for WW2 and boxing for filmmaking.

I've got a feeling I might not have seen this since I first got the DVD back…

• Will Clift

★★★★★ Watched by Will Clift 05 Apr, 2014

What can I say? A work of motherfucking art. Maybe even better than Pulp Fiction. I wish I'd seen it earlier.

Y'know something, Utivich? I think this might be (Tarantino's) masterpiece.

Bawnjourno.

• Greg Ebdon

★★★★ Watched by Greg Ebdon 04 Apr, 2014

I think I'm slowly starting to understand the appeal of Tarantino.

Once you ignore the two enormous plot holes, it's a fun film.

• Jack Bauer

★★★★ Added by Jack Bauer

the only problem with this movie is the fact that 60% of it is in a mixtur of french and german, other than that its amazing, Tarantino changed history in one the greatest final action scenes of any movie waltz is fantastic and Pitt is extremely under rated in this movie
    - sooooooooo many subtitles