• Jonathan Paula

★★★★½ Watched by Jonathan Paula 23 Dec, 2009

Quentin Tarantino's Inglorious Basterds was released nationwide on August 21 2009, to immediate critical acclaim - and for good reason. Once again, the iconic director has really lived up to the high-expectations the public has for him, and his work. Told at a very slow, developing pace - Basterds is split up into five-"chapters", any of which could easily stand on their own as a short 25-minute film - all with their own beginning, middle, and end. As the plot…

• sho_chan0319

★★★½ Rewatched by sho_chan0319 06 Sep, 2009

It was a great film.

• Mathieson P.

★★★★★ Rewatched by Mathieson P. 25 Aug, 2014

I was editing a project for school and decided to take a break, get a little inspiration. What better way of doing that than by popping in a Tarantino flick. So, naturally, I gravitated towards Inglourious Basterds. It just felt like that kind of night. I'm glad I did, too. I haven't seen this film in awhile and it was practically begging me for a re-watch.

No need for me to go into any big spill about Tarantino's spit-fire dialogue, knack for story and character building, and his penchant for enthralling visuals. Still holds up, and thank God for that.

• youbetcha

★★★★★ Added by youbetcha

Nothing compares... Not even Fargo

• Kirk Gospel

★★★★½ Rewatched by Kirk Gospel 24 Aug, 2014

The good: Everything Tarantino brings to his movies are present.
    The bad: Underdeveloped characters.

This is a movie about love and revenge. Well, it kind of is. It's mostly about killing Nazis though. It is superbly told in five chapters with amazing dialogue and great cameos. Every actor is on top form, especially Christoph Waltz.

I want to say that The Basterds don't get enough screen time but i can hardly say anything bad about the scenes involving the characters Landa and Shoshana together and separately.

Beautifully inglorious from start to finish.

• John Winters

★★★★½ Rewatched by John Winters 22 Aug, 2014 1

Tarantino is at his finest when he is retelling history. It's incredible to think about how diverse Tarantino's filmography is. Some directors tend to make the same kind of movie over, and over, and over again. Here Tarantino has crafted an excellent film about war, he has made a violent martial arts epic, a superb western, a crime film told out of chronological order, another crime movie that's mostly confined to one room, an adaptation of a popular book, etc.…

• Ben Cornish

Violence,
    Violence changes everything:
    How you live and
    How you die.

This seems like a masterpiece when thrown up against Kill Bill and Death Proof but is in fact a amusing film on a serious subject made by a man that has never left his bedroom.

• Conor Head-McCarthy

★★★★ Added by Conor Head-McCarthy

Hilarious and Violent, just superb overall!

• StephenFW

★★★★★ Rewatched by StephenFW 03 Aug, 2014 2

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Lukas

★★★★★ Rewatched by Lukas 19 Aug, 2014

I still agree with Tarantino that this is a masterpiece. His funniest movie. His most suspenseful movie. His most powerful movie in regards to underlying themes and subtext. His best/my favorite? I dunno. Don't really care either. Pretty much perfect.

Full review/slight analysis is HERE.

• Pythanic

★★★★ Added by Pythanic

[ Tarantino, alert! ]

IG is a typical work of art by our beloved Tarantino, it has excessive gore, it has interesting settings and even more interesting characters with extreme personalities....yep its definitely Tarantino, and I love it!
    IG follows a group of Jews plotting to get back at Hitler and his nazi's through any means possible, which include torture, slaughtering and.....head shaving? Either way IG is a brilliant movie with a great cast of actors including Brad Pitt and Christoph waltz.

• Ian W. Pugh

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ian W. Pugh 18 Aug, 2014

"I know this is a silly question before I ask it, but--can you Americans speak any other language than English?"

Tarantino argues that cultural worldview and pop recollection are the only weapons at hand. So, of course, Hans Landa's quadrilingual savvy goes hand-in-hand with his sociopathy. But the smash cut that divides Aldo's "Apache resistance" and "Aldo the Apache" is the cultivation of image that follows through to the war's fictional end: Fredrick Zoller's exploits have already entered the Basterds'…