• deadmanramsey

★★★★ Added by deadmanramsey

78/100

• Bradley

★★★★★ Watched by Bradley 31 Jan, 2015

Inglourious Basterds is a fantastic film that manages to both unique and exciting. I was completely drawn in from the very first scene, with an incredible opening sequence right up until the similarly entertaining final act. All the acting is great, with Christoph Waltz in particular being the standout with his charming yet undeniably evil character of Hans Landa. The directing and editing are also great and lead to a completely immersive experience that pretty much impressed me on all fronts.

• WigHatesMovies

½ Watched by WigHatesMovies 26 Dec, 2009

It felt like a formulaic retread with Kill Bill in its emotional arc and it also seems really unintelligent in the irony of making this revenge-myth that simultaneously shames victims as if surviving isn't heroic, only reciprocal violence (mostly performed by WASP Hollywood-hero template types).

• Zeyad Nofal

★★★★★ Added by Zeyad Nofal

Probably the 100th time that I have watched IB but still love it. 2ND GREATEST FILM EVER MADE.

• Catherine Addington

★★★½ Added by Catherine Addington

Please don't make me watch any more Tarantino ever again. But this was alright.

• Inti Asenjo

★★★½ Added by Inti Asenjo

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

I swear: The first time I saw this movie I legitly laughed my whole sides to oblivion after they SPOILERS fucking beat the fucking shit of Hitler and burn the Theatre.

JESUS CHRIST have I laughed that hard in my life.

• Dave Edwards

★★★★★ Rewatched by Dave Edwards 27 Jan, 2015

I love that a film about, amongst other things, the beauty and power of language has a misspelled title.

• Not David Lynch

★★★★½ Watched by Not David Lynch 23 Jan, 2015

I've never seen Sergeant York. If I had, I think I'd better be able to comment on what I think Quentin Tarantino is trying to do here. If the Kill Bill saga reveled in over the top violence, Inglorious Basterds deliberately makes us question the use of over the top violence. Part of that is to do with the idea of cinema as propaganda. By not showing us what real violence looks like, cinema is able to convince us that…

• Jon Huddleston

★★★★½ Watched by Jon Huddleston 26 Jan, 2015

I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. It's about time I watched this. It's been on my watch list for 6 years.

• Mads Dahl Mølgaard Madsen

★★★★★ Added by Mads Dahl Mølgaard Madsen

Fantastisk film!! Da jeg satte mig i biografen for at se denne film, havde jeg aldrig hørt om Quentin Tarantino. Mødet med hans helt særlige, ikoniske og skæve måde at lave film på begejstrede mig helt umådeligt meget. Siden denne har jeg set en håndfuld andre af hans film, og lad det være sagt, at hans film svinger meget i kvalitet, synes jeg, og dette er hans allerbedste film. Denne film blev også mit første møde med Christoph Waltz og…

• SilentDawn

★★★★ Rewatched by SilentDawn 25 Jan, 2015 4

After a rewatch, Quentin Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds still enthralls, fascinates, annoys, and entertains throughout its bloated runtime. I can see why so many love this, as the tension sizzles like a egg on a sun-baked sidewalk and the dialogue is as dangerously sharp and witty as ever. I like the emotional core, I love Brad Pitt in this, and the climax is absolutely glorious. However, there's something jarring about this work. Nothing feels organic or free-flowing about the pacing, and…

• Nelitaaaaaaa

★★★★★ Watched by Nelitaaaaaaa 25 Jan, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

"This here's the Basterds, you ever heard of us?"

Tarantino never fails to impress me with his witty dialogue and amazing storyline (two storylines that eventually crossover).

Inglourious Basterds is the film version of WWII that should have happened. All the actors/actresses were great and the blooddddddddddddddd!

I loved the blood.

From when Aldo asks for all people working under him to give him the scalps of 100 Nazi soldiers as their debt to him up until the final scene where he cuts the Swastika on Waltz's forehead.

You can't go wrong with life-like blood and a cleverly laid out story.

Tarantino is life.