• Dan Allen

★★★★ Watched by Dan Allen 18 Sep, 2014

It's a Tarantino film you know it's gonna be good.

Christoph Waltz Is fucking brilliant.

• joenorwood77

★★★★½ Watched by joenorwood77 18 Sep, 2014

"You probably heard we ain't in the prisoner-takin' business; we in the killin' Nazi business. And cousin, business is a-boomin'."

The first 20 minutes are perfect. The story is interesting, especially the revenge sub-plot. The tone, tension, plot, and dialogue throughout are all excellent. Using three different languages in addition to English is impressive especially when less than half is in English. Melanie Laurent and Christoph Waltz both did an outstanding job. Even better the second time.

• Adam Cadre

★★ Watched by Adam Cadre 14 Nov, 2010

• John Hartman

★★★★★ Rewatched by John Hartman 13 Sep, 2014

No matter how strangely audacious or even arrogant it may seem when Pitt's Aldo Raine proclaims - as a mouthpiece for Tarantino - tongue-in-cheek in the final frame that this may be his masterpiece, he's actually right. This is the one. More than Pulp Fiction and more than Reservoir Dogs, this one holds up the best, uses the notorious style most effectively, and feels the least over-written. If that sounds like damning with faint praise, it shouldn't; I just often can have a slight aversion to Tarantino's overwrought-ness, and I never felt it here. This one's the masterpiece.

• ichiji

★★★★½ Added by ichiji

Pure entertainment thanks to a brilliant Christopher Waltz. My favourite Tarantino.

• funsohng

Added by funsohng

Tarantino has made his best feature since Pulp Fiction, and considering how good Kill Bill Vol. 2 is, this is a glourious achievement.

• MadManWithaBox

★★★★★ Added by MadManWithaBox

Well I certainly didn't expect this movie to be any good. I heard about it being good for so long I inevitably expected it to be overhyped to the extreme, and having finally watched it, I can say how wrong I was. I loved it from start to finish, theres not a bad actor in the whole thing, theres not as much action as I expected, but what there is is fantastic, highly recommended, now I'm gonna watch Django.

• Justin Johnson

★★★★½ Rewatched by Justin Johnson 08 Sep, 2014

The structure of Inglourious Basterds is deceptively simple, so much so that the 2 ½ hour film consists of merely a handful of scenes. But each scene features one of the fundamental elements of effective storytelling: change. The scenes start inert, the scenes grow, develop, evolve, explode through character interaction, specifically language, like chemicals carelessly thrown into a beaker (all dependent on strong, fully realized characters), then the scenes come to an unpredictable, yet satisfying conclusion that feels effortlessly inevitable.…

• Drew Nugent

★★★★★ Rewatched by Drew Nugent 11 Sep, 2014

My only complaint about this movie is I wish it was 10 hours long.

• IfWeMadeIt

Watched by IfWeMadeIt 11 May, 2013

Episode 89

• Louie Carroll

★★★★½ Added by Louie Carroll

Tied with Reservoir Dogs as QT's second best film behind you know what.

• griddlecakes

★★★★★ Watched by griddlecakes 20 Aug, 2009

I'll never forget the date I saw this film. Tarantino is the filmmaker of his generation. I wasn't old enough to have seen his first few films at the cinema, and this was the first one.

I never got to see the likes of Kubrick, Chaplin, Hitchcock or early Scorsese films upon release, so the day I was able to see my favourite filmmaker in action, at the cinema, was one of the best days of my film life.