• sidleigh

★★★★½ Added by sidleigh

Best tarantino don't @ me

• Neale

★★★★ Rewatched by Neale 29 Oct, 2014

Thumbs Up: Stellar performances across the board (notably Waltz, Pitt, Fassbender, Kruger and Laurent), Tarantino gives a middle finger to any kind of formalised rules or structure, great production design, that first scene - with great dialogue and performances - is a solid 20 minutes of cinematic dynamite, the scene in the tavern, that scene where Hicox is getting briefed and Churchill is just chilling by the piano.

Thumbs Down: The film seems to promise an epic joining of forces…

• Jill

★★★★½ Added by Jill 2

Any movie that has you questioning whether you hated it or loved it is worth seeing. It means it's controversial and will have you dwelling on what the hell happened.

One of those movies is Inglourious Basterds.

Tarantino accomplishes making a film taking place during the Holocaust, but without actually making a Holocaust movie (no concentration camps).

The movie revolves around different plans among groups with their own intentions of taking down the Third Reich of Nazi Germany. We are…

• Doug Dillaman

★★★★½ Rewatched by Doug Dillaman 29 Oct, 2014 2

Whatever else you might think about Quentin Tarantino, I can't help but have empathy for the man because of what the loss of Sally Menke must have meant to him. This might just wind up being his masterpiece for the worst possible reason.

The missing half-star is because I can't ever watch this movie without imagining the version where Adam Sandler played the Bear Jew. But every time I watch INGLOURIOUS, I'm reminded of the genius that it takes to make 10+ minute conversations of people sitting around a table electric, a genius that QT's got.

• aZote7

★★★★★ Added by aZote7

My first ever Tarantino movie, watched with my Dad on opening day in 2009. It's left quite and impression on me, and despite the flak its taken this is near the top of my Tarantino list.

• @tseeornottsee

Rewatched by @tseeornottsee 27 Oct, 2014

Re-watch: Electric when Waltz is onscreen, but it falters when he is not. Roth puts in the worst perf of a QT film - except QT himself in DJANGO! - but rest of the cast (particularly Fassbender & Brühl) are top notch. #see

• WesternUnion

★★★ Rewatched by WesternUnion 03 Feb, 2014

62/100

Unsure what Tarantino was thinking here, seems to be itching to get his curio Coen on - with Nazi Landa alone being a more important character than any Americans in this. Myers is completely trivialized, which is weird as he would sure complement the irreverent tone of the production. Melanie Laurent is predictably whatever.

• Clay_Davis

★★★★★ Added by Clay_Davis

'Pulp Fiction' levels of greatness? Not quite. But damn, DAMN close.

• JoelOhsteen

★★★½ Added by JoelOhsteen

i enjoyed seeing some jews do something other than get shit on by nazis or hide in attics for the duration of world war two

• Tony Mosley

★★★★★ Rewatched by Tony Mosley 26 Oct, 2014

#1 all time for me so good

• Rod Taylor

★★★★★ Rewatched by Rod Taylor 25 Oct, 2014

Tarantino firing on all cylinders. This one gets better with each viewing. Fantastically drawn and memorable characters played by the best in the business. There isn't a single weak spot with the cast, with Brad Pitt and Christoph Waltz commanding every scene they're in. The script is razor sharp and flawless with plenty of the long, drawn out monologues that QT is now famous for. It's brutal, bloody and hilarious.

• Peter Pibson

★★★★ Rewatched by Peter Pibson 24 Oct, 2014

Tarantino has his problems, but nobody can deny he knows how to brilliantly craft tension and make the time pass quickly. Christoph Waltz in this is legitimately terrifying too, every time he appears on screen he has such an intimidating prescence. Inglourious is silly entertainment, but very damn good at it.