• Tymikol

★★★★★ Watched by Tymikol 01 Mar, 2015 2

Seth Rogen was right.

• The Complete Stranger Cometh

Added by The Complete Stranger Cometh

someone wrote to me, don't know how they got my contact I tried to be vauge as possible. it reads

"Dear Stranger (if that is your real Name), I represent no one but myself, and I think your dumb. just some white guy with some Jewish guilt. oh Wow, my grandfather is a Nazi, I'm so sorry. Blah! Blah!
    And it takes more than liking Adam Sandler to compensate the grief that my own great uncle went through when he…

• Gabriel Normand-Roy

★★★★★ Rewatched by Gabriel Normand-Roy 01 Mar, 2015

Review coming soon.

• Brandon Douglas

★★★★ Watched by Brandon Douglas 28 Feb, 2015

I actually throughly enjoyed this movie. It was definitely better then I expected it to be. While not being a huge fan of Quentin, i love the visual dynamics it played into.

• Erik Hawkins

★★★½ Added by Erik Hawkins

Over-long, over-impressed with itself, completely shapeless. But the sequences it's made up of are so marvelous.

• Dave Imboden

★★★★★ Rewatched by Dave Imboden 28 Feb, 2015

The thing that sticks with me every time I watch this is the bitter irony of laughing my ass off at Hitler's corpse being riddled with machine gun bullets mere moments after he was laughing at a very similar propaganda film.

Basterds is pastiche artist Tarantino's ultimate statement on the power of cinema. In the words of Aldo Raine, "This just might be my masterpiece." Or, in the words of Adolf Hitler, "Extraordinary, my dear. Simply extraordinary. This is your finest film yet."

• MattRisnes

★★★★★ Rewatched by MattRisnes 28 Feb, 2015

Continuing the IFC Tarantino marathon and loving it. I think I have Pulp Fiction above this on my Tarantino ranked list here on letterboxd. I need to change that post haste, because Inglorious Basterds is so plainly his masterpiece and ultimate creative statement, I'm mystified I would ever have asserted otherwise. So ridiculously assured and impeccably crafted. It's unnatural how good this film is.

The effortless manner in which QT doles out character moments and breaks up the narrative transforms…

• Savnoc

★★★★½ Added by Savnoc

A very Tarantino-esque film and one of his best. While not flawless, it's quite well done, and deserves somewhere between 4 and 4.5 stars.

As a side note, "say goodbye to your Nazi balls" is possibly the greatest line in cinema I've ever heard.

• Ben Miranda

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ben Miranda 28 Feb, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

So, I rewatched Inglourious Basterds again because my sister wanted to see it.

And I still like it!

For one thing, Tarantino has a great directorial eye, framing his shots expertly, and moving his camera with style and flare, without it ever feeling tacky or forced. Instead, it feels like a natural extension of the narrative, and works perfectly. On top of that, the screenplay is great, being filled with the great witty dialogue we all love in Tarantino's work,…

• Rigo

★★★ Watched by Rigo 28 Feb, 2015

Entertaining, sure, tapi banyak arc berasa aneh. Menurut gw yang bagus cuma pas opening scene ama waktu shooting di tavern, udah itu doang. Belum lagi Basterds-nya sedikit banget dapet screentime, yang banyak nongol malah Shosanna.

• Andy F.

★★★★½ Rewatched by Andy F. 27 Feb, 2015

"We got a german who wants to die for country...Obliiiiiige him."

• James Rodrigues