• Jordan Mackay

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jordan Mackay 19 Sep, 2014

I would never claim a film to be perfect, but for me, this comes pretty damn close.

This is the fourth time I've seen Inglourious Basterds, and I still couldn't help myself from watching the whole thing with a big dumb grin on my face. Tarantino has always been a great writer but I always felt he was a better writer than director. That's not true for this film. The writing is amongst his best, but his direction matches it.…

• John Hartman

★★★★★ Rewatched by John Hartman 13 Sep, 2014

No matter how strangely audacious or even arrogant it may seem when Pitt's Aldo Raine proclaims - as a mouthpiece for Tarantino - tongue-in-cheek in the final frame that this may be his masterpiece, he's actually right. This is the one. More than Pulp Fiction and more than Reservoir Dogs, this one holds up the best, uses the notorious style most effectively, and feels the least over-written. If that sounds like damning with faint praise, it shouldn't; I just often can have a slight aversion to Tarantino's overwrought-ness, and I never felt it here. This one's the masterpiece.

• MadManWithaBox

★★★★★ Added by MadManWithaBox

Well I certainly didn't expect this movie to be any good. I heard about it being good for so long I inevitably expected it to be overhyped to the extreme, and having finally watched it, I can say how wrong I was. I loved it from start to finish, theres not a bad actor in the whole thing, theres not as much action as I expected, but what there is is fantastic, highly recommended, now I'm gonna watch Django.

• Drew Nugent

★★★★★ Rewatched by Drew Nugent 11 Sep, 2014

My only complaint about this movie is I wish it was 10 hours long.

• griddlecakes

★★★★★ Watched by griddlecakes 20 Aug, 2009

I'll never forget the date I saw this film. Tarantino is the filmmaker of his generation. I wasn't old enough to have seen his first few films at the cinema, and this was the first one.

I never got to see the likes of Kubrick, Chaplin, Hitchcock or early Scorsese films upon release, so the day I was able to see my favourite filmmaker in action, at the cinema, was one of the best days of my film life.

• Brendan Gordon

★★★★★ Rewatched by Brendan Gordon 06 Sep, 2014

Quentin Tarantino......
    "You know Utivich this might just be masterpiece"

(I'll second that!)

• dㅌㄴ

★★★★★ Rewatched by dㅌㄴ 05 Sep, 2014 6

"You know somethin', Utivich? I think this just might be my masterpiece."
    - Lt. Aldo Raine

Oh Quentin I love you, you smug, immodest, glorious bastard.

• Mel S

★★★★★ Watched by Mel S 02 Sep, 2010

Fan-fucking-tastic.

• Cameron Casper

★★★★★ Rewatched by Cameron Casper 31 Aug, 2014

As crass and arrogant as the obviously self-referential last line of the film might be, ("I think this might just be masterpiece") it's 100% correct.

• Harrydarkknight

★★★★★ Added by Harrydarkknight

This is one of my favorite films of all time It has a great cast, an interesting story and some greatly shot and greatly acted memorable scenes.

I think that the dialogue is fantastic as it is a very quotable film and that it is one of Tarantino's best to date.

• Grooveman

★★★★★ Rewatched by Grooveman 29 Aug, 2014

"Say auf Wiedersehen to your Nazi balls."

• Mathieson P.

★★★★★ Rewatched by Mathieson P. 25 Aug, 2014

I was editing a project for school and decided to take a break, get a little inspiration. What better way of doing that than by popping in a Tarantino flick. So, naturally, I gravitated towards Inglourious Basterds. It just felt like that kind of night. I'm glad I did, too. I haven't seen this film in awhile and it was practically begging me for a re-watch.

No need for me to go into any big spill about Tarantino's spit-fire dialogue, knack for story and character building, and his penchant for enthralling visuals. Still holds up, and thank God for that.