• Bradley

★★★★★ Watched by Bradley 31 Jan, 2015

Inglourious Basterds is a fantastic film that manages to both unique and exciting. I was completely drawn in from the very first scene, with an incredible opening sequence right up until the similarly entertaining final act. All the acting is great, with Christoph Waltz in particular being the standout with his charming yet undeniably evil character of Hans Landa. The directing and editing are also great and lead to a completely immersive experience that pretty much impressed me on all fronts.

• Zeyad Nofal

★★★★★ Added by Zeyad Nofal

Probably the 100th time that I have watched IB but still love it. 2ND GREATEST FILM EVER MADE.

• Dave Edwards

★★★★★ Rewatched by Dave Edwards 27 Jan, 2015

I love that a film about, amongst other things, the beauty and power of language has a misspelled title.

• Mads Dahl Mølgaard Madsen

★★★★★ Added by Mads Dahl Mølgaard Madsen

Fantastisk film!! Da jeg satte mig i biografen for at se denne film, havde jeg aldrig hørt om Quentin Tarantino. Mødet med hans helt særlige, ikoniske og skæve måde at lave film på begejstrede mig helt umådeligt meget. Siden denne har jeg set en håndfuld andre af hans film, og lad det være sagt, at hans film svinger meget i kvalitet, synes jeg, og dette er hans allerbedste film. Denne film blev også mit første møde med Christoph Waltz og…

• Nelitaaaaaaa

★★★★★ Watched by Nelitaaaaaaa 25 Jan, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

"This here's the Basterds, you ever heard of us?"

Tarantino never fails to impress me with his witty dialogue and amazing storyline (two storylines that eventually crossover).

Inglourious Basterds is the film version of WWII that should have happened. All the actors/actresses were great and the blooddddddddddddddd!

I loved the blood.

From when Aldo asks for all people working under him to give him the scalps of 100 Nazi soldiers as their debt to him up until the final scene where he cuts the Swastika on Waltz's forehead.

You can't go wrong with life-like blood and a cleverly laid out story.

Tarantino is life.

• Graham Garcia

★★★★★ Added by Graham Garcia

I've watched it and I've re-watched it again and again. It's perfect. Tarantino at his finest.

• Ingerbob

★★★★★ Added by Ingerbob

Waltz in the role of his life.

• KillerBOB

★★★★★ Watched by KillerBOB 25 Oct, 2009

R15
    Monte

• Maria

★★★★★ Added by Maria

literally my favourite film of all time

• Cinematic Justice

★★★★★ Watched by Cinematic Justice 01 Apr, 2014

Suffers a bit in hindsight because Django Unchained is basically a more perfect execution of Tarantino's "historical revenge narrative" framework. But there are a few advantages here, chief among them a female character with agency (what a concept!) played by Mélanie Laurent. And Christopher Waltz is uncomfortably good at playing a Nazi antagonist.

• Matt

★★★★★ Added by Matt

Probably the best ending to a movie Quentin can/will ever put together. Total masterpiece of a film.

• alphonse

★★★★★ Rewatched by alphonse 16 Jan, 2015 8

Quentin Tarantino is a man who loves cinema and Inglourious Basterds is his love letter to 'guys on a mission' movies (he once promised he would make one) and to the Spaghetti Western sub-genre. The plot is simple and easy to follow (it's a revenge tale about a group of American soldiers led by Brad Pitt's Lt. Aldo Raine who will try to kill every single German in Nazi-occupied France and about Shosanna, a French girl who got her family…