• Michael Kastner

★★★★★ Rewatched by Michael Kastner 20 Oct, 2014

Meisterwerk.
    Für mich Tarantionos bester. Grandiose Darsteller, wunderbare Dialoge und trotz mehrfacher Rewatches immer wieder spannend. Ich liebe diesen Film!

• Daniel Wolfe

★★★★★ Added by Daniel Wolfe

Tarantino's masterpiece.

• Kevin Clarke

★★★★★ Rewatched by Kevin Clarke 06 Oct, 2014

(Deleted scene)

"I need me eight psychopathic Jewish-American soldiers to go deep behind enemy lines to brutalize and murder every Nazi we see, and dismember them, and gut them and leave them to rot in the forest, and, oh, I want you to scalp 'em! I'll be collecting them scalps from you and keeping 'em for later. Those are for me! I WANT my scalps! So, basically I'm sayin' we go in there and just serial murder the fuck outta'…

• KMOKLER

★★★★★ Added by KMOKLER

Inglourious Basterds is one of Quentin Tarantino's best films, one of the best war films there is and probably the best written film ever.

• Miloš Savić

★★★★★ Added by Miloš Savić

This is a modern masterpiece. If I were to be stuck on an island with the ability to watch one movie only, it would be this. Every chapter can be its own stand-alone short film and an amazing one at that. Writing, directing, acting, cinematography. 10s all across the board.

• Michael Cheiken

★★★★★ Added by Michael Cheiken

Perhaps Tarantino's finest film, which is quite the statement.

• Dan Bergstrom

★★★★★ Added by Dan Bergstrom

Any movie that can pull off using another film's THEME SONG in a pivotal scene gets an automatic 5 star. In this case, Bowie's "Cat People". Can you imagine any other movie ripping off "Arthur's Theme"? Of course not. But this movie busts out Bowie and it is AWESOME. Who else would have the balls to do this but Tarantino? Everything else is just gravy. Great film. Great performances. Great dialogue. This movie is just flat out awesome.

• Jordan Mackay

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jordan Mackay 19 Sep, 2014

I would never claim a film to be perfect, but for me, this comes pretty damn close.

This is the fourth time I've seen Inglourious Basterds, and I still couldn't help myself from watching the whole thing with a big dumb grin on my face. Tarantino has always been a great writer but I always felt he was a better writer than director. That's not true for this film. The writing is amongst his best, but his direction matches it.…

• John Hartman

★★★★★ Rewatched by John Hartman 13 Sep, 2014

No matter how strangely audacious or even arrogant it may seem when Pitt's Aldo Raine proclaims - as a mouthpiece for Tarantino - tongue-in-cheek in the final frame that this may be his masterpiece, he's actually right. This is the one. More than Pulp Fiction and more than Reservoir Dogs, this one holds up the best, uses the notorious style most effectively, and feels the least over-written. If that sounds like damning with faint praise, it shouldn't; I just often can have a slight aversion to Tarantino's overwrought-ness, and I never felt it here. This one's the masterpiece.

• MadManWithaBox

★★★★★ Added by MadManWithaBox

Well I certainly didn't expect this movie to be any good. I heard about it being good for so long I inevitably expected it to be overhyped to the extreme, and having finally watched it, I can say how wrong I was. I loved it from start to finish, theres not a bad actor in the whole thing, theres not as much action as I expected, but what there is is fantastic, highly recommended, now I'm gonna watch Django.

• Drew Nugent

★★★★★ Rewatched by Drew Nugent 11 Sep, 2014

My only complaint about this movie is I wish it was 10 hours long.

• griddlecakes

★★★★★ Watched by griddlecakes 20 Aug, 2009

I'll never forget the date I saw this film. Tarantino is the filmmaker of his generation. I wasn't old enough to have seen his first few films at the cinema, and this was the first one.

I never got to see the likes of Kubrick, Chaplin, Hitchcock or early Scorsese films upon release, so the day I was able to see my favourite filmmaker in action, at the cinema, was one of the best days of my film life.