• Roger Joseph Ebert

★★★★★ Added by Roger Joseph Ebert

Quentin Tarantino’s “Inglourious Basterds” is a big, bold, audacious war movie that will annoy some, startle others and demonstrate once again that he’s the real thing, a director of quixotic delights. For starters (and at this late stage after the premiere in May at Cannes, I don’t believe I’m spoiling anything), he provides World War II with a much-needed alternative ending. For once the basterds get what’s coming to them.

From the title, ripped off from a 1978 B-movie, to…

• Harrison Forth

★★★★★ Rewatched by Harrison Forth 21 Apr, 2014

Lt. Aldo Raine: "You know somethin', Utivich? I think this just might be my masterpiece."

Inglourious Basterds is Quentin Tarantino’s masterpiece.

Why? It is the most confident and pronounced convergence of the styles he has experimented with throughout his catalogue. The film is a focused coalescence of concept, tone, and idiosyncrasies with a touch of that familiar, delightfully egotistical Tarantino flair. In its delicate composition, in its deliciously witty dialogue, and even in its eclectic integration of music.

There is…

• Joshua Melusky

★★★★★ Added by Joshua Melusky

Christoph Waltz is the epitome of a "diamond in the rough".

• madhardy

★★★★★ Added by madhardy

Tarantino on a history-bending script about Jews taking revenge on the Third Reich. If this doesn't sound spectacular to you, then it wasn't made for you. If you aren't a part of this minuscule portion of the population, then you will probably worship the ground on which Quentin stands after viewing this film (if you don't already). A legendary cast: Brad Pitt, Christoph Waltz, Eli Roth, and a few minor others. Brutally entertaining.

• Tyler McCalpin

★★★★★ Rewatched by Tyler McCalpin 11 Apr, 2014

Still a masterpiece--or, a BINGOOO!!!! (How fun!)

• Will Clift

★★★★★ Watched by Will Clift 05 Apr, 2014

What can I say? A work of motherfucking art. Maybe even better than Pulp Fiction. I wish I'd seen it earlier.

Y'know something, Utivich? I think this might be (Tarantino's) masterpiece.

Bawnjourno.

• Chris Hodgson

★★★★★ Added by Chris Hodgson

The more I revisit this, the higher it climbs up my all-time list. There isn't a minute that doesn't work, it's simply perfect. Waltz is incredible. Truly a masterpiece.

• Samuel Rodrigues

★★★★★ Watched by Samuel Rodrigues 29 Mar, 2014

Brilhante.

• AlecinRealLife

★★★★★ Rewatched by AlecinRealLife 28 Mar, 2014

"I think this may just be my masterpiece." I have to agree on that one, Mr. Tarantino.

On a sidenote, this is a great movie to watch with squeamish people who get very attached to characters.

• Andrew Bemis

★★★★★ Rewatched by Andrew Bemis 18 Mar, 2014

I've always had a strange block in trying to write about Inglourious Basterds, because I saw it at a moment with my life where I connected with it to a ridiculous degree. Not because my family was massacred by Nazis, thank goodness, but because I was at a personal low point in my life where I needed, more than anything, to be transported by a few hours by a great movie, and Basterds gave me just that. I don't want…

• Dave

★★★★★ Added by Dave

Quentin Tarantino continues his electrifying run as one of the most dynamic, creative forces in the history of Hollywood. He simply never lets up. This work of art is a revenge fantasy about different groups of soldiers and civilians who hatch plots to kill Hitler…and succeed! The originality of the plot just scratches the surface of Tarantino’s brilliance; the film is loaded with set pieces so perfect, performances so memorable, and dialogue so rich.

• Max Martinez

★★★★★ Added by Max Martinez

Inglourious Basterds is my second favorite Quentin Tarantino film. This movie has one of Quentin's best characters right after Jules from Pulp Fiction, and that is Colonel Hans Landa played by Christoph Waltz. The characters in this film are so lovable that you hate to see them go. This film is so tight that it is impossible to find a problem with because the story of this film is just so good. I just love everything about this film.