• cronic

★★★★ Added by cronic

8/10

• Dudley Christian

★★★★ Watched by Dudley Christian 14 Jul, 2014

Verdict: Haven't been able to say this much since 1999, but... Chinese action movies are more fun than most Hollywood actioners again.

• johnny_w

★★★★★ Watched by johnny_w 27 Jul, 2014

I haven't given any film 5 stars yet but this truely deserves it. This is a great if not perfect kung fu movie. I love the story and all the characters. This is a must watch for anyone who loves kung fu or action films.

• PKMG

★★★★½ Added by PKMG

Jackie Chan is really good at martial arts.

Who's Donnie Yen?

• LuBayeh

★★★★½ Added by LuBayeh

Muito bom! Recomendo.

• Juan Carlo Rodríguez

★★★★½ Watched by Juan Carlo Rodríguez 07 Jul, 2014

There have been more movies about Bruce Lee's near-legendary teacher in recent years than I can count, but this is the one that started the recent trend. Donnie Yen plays the titular character with stoic and charming badasserie, in a story about a man that not only defends his country's traditions, but its pride. Must-see martial arts battles that you cannot believe till you see, but Yen is also a fantastic actor.

Han habido más películas sobre el casi…

• BobJordan

★★★★ Watched by BobJordan 12 Jul, 2014

A very special film. Donnie Yen is simply a force of nature. Honestly, I found the politics and the other character performances only good - not great. The martial arts are good throughout, but honestly, Yen takes everything to a higher level, both the fights and the rest of the character development as well. He is the reason this film is great.

• jhiou

★★★★★ Watched by jhiou 02 Jul, 2014

Wing Chun no seu melhor, uma arte marcial proveniente do Kung fu.
    Yip Man!!!
    Bruce Lee foi uns dos seus discípulos!

• mattmav45

★★½ Watched by mattmav45 26 Jun, 2014

Outside some damn cool displays of kung fu there is unfortunately not much to find here.

There is something innately cool as fuck with kung fu done right. The choreography basically writes itself in many ways. The film absolutely excels in this respect. It knows how to do kung fu, plain and simple. Perhaps this is all testosterone-fueled but in the end it is what it is.

I'm just going to be honest here and say that the story and…

• Aaron T. Rex

★★½ Watched by Aaron T. Rex 26 May, 2014 2

Apart from the fight scenes which are pretty decent I really didn't dig this at all. It seems to have gotten mostly great reviews which I don't understand. The acting is pretty bad and the film looks... maybe not terrible but definitely on its way down that path. It's too long and the focus is all over the place. Donnie Yen has a weird smile.

• Oscar Rosales

★★★ Watched by Oscar Rosales 24 May, 2014

I really didn't need to watch this film as I already watched THE GRANDMASTER, a superior film in every conceivable way. The fight choreography is terrific, but as a biopic it feels pretty weak. DONNIE YEN's Ip Man is to TONY CHIUI WAI LEUNG's Ip Man what JOHN CUSACK's Nixon was to FRANK LANGELLA's.

I'm glad the second half went deeper and improved the whole film, because the first half left me wondering why didn't they cast Jackie Chan.

• Marcos Fontes

★★★★ Watched by Marcos Fontes 18 May, 2014

Um filme lindo tecnicamente e, o mais importante, carregado de boas lições de vida. Gostei muito!