• SethBuchanan

★★★★½ Added by SethBuchanan

At the time it came out, Iron Man was a shining example of a super hero film that felt grounded and realistic. It's still equally great now, just less grounded after seeing where the series headed. With a thoroughly likable protagonist at it's center, played famously well by Robert Downey Jr., Iron Man is one of my favorite superhero films to date.

• quadrophenia17

★★★★★ Added by quadrophenia17

The world needs more comic book movies like these; but if we must have one more, "Iron Man" is a blueprint for said films. Not only is it a good comic book movie (smart and stupid, stirring and silly, intimate and spectacular), it's winning enough to engage even those who've never cared much for comic books or the movies they spawn.

Tony Stark (played brilliantly by Robert Downey Jr.) not only makes the character memorable, but also makes it special.…

• companioncube

★★★★★ Added by companioncube

tonyyy

• Carolinanz

★★★½ Added by Carolinanz

"That's the coolest thing I've ever seen"

• DinosK

★★★ Watched by DinosK 19 Sep, 2014 2

Ok Jeff Bridges is the bad guy but I just can't hate him.

• Andrew Hurley

★★★★★ Added by Andrew Hurley

My third favorite Marvel Studios film, after The Avengers and Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier. Set the bar high for the whole movie verse, and they haven't let us down (too badly) yet.

• MrPootytang

★½ Added by MrPootytang

Personally I'm not really a big fan of Robert Downey Jr., he's not a bad actor but makes too many jokes in this movie that I don't find funny and I don't think he's a good nor fitting choice for Iron Man. Marvel really disappointed me with this movie, I'm glad I didn't pay money to see it.

• zachary_grumble

★★★★ Added by zachary_grumble

One of my favorites. Got me started on superhero movies.

• Adam Cadre

★★★★ Rewatched by Adam Cadre 15 Apr, 2013

• Griffin Laking

★★ Rewatched by Griffin Laking 15 Sep, 2014

Another lousy CGI nightmare with hammy performances, a terrible score and a plain, humdrum plot that does nothing to evoke the sense of wonder and the fantastic that the idea of a "superhero" should.

• Liam Hathaway

★★★½ Added by Liam Hathaway

It's difficult to imagine anyone else filling the boots of Ironman other than Robert Downey Jr. as he was such an inspired piece of casting, and even when the film is suffering from a somewhat clunky opening, it survives by relying on his charisma alone.

• Paul Davey

★★★★ Rewatched by Paul Davey 08 Sep, 2014

Still holds up to repeated viewings better than most superhero films.