• JaySalahi

★★★★ Rewatched by JaySalahi 21 Oct, 2014

B+ (89)

• Jacob Gehman

★★★★ Added by Jacob Gehman

I truly enjoyed this, which is always impressive anymore with "superhero" movies. Part of this is Downey Jr.'s attitude with this character--the snark and sarcasm is just a more interesting and compelling direction to take superheros than the standard attitudes of superheros. Although Paltrow as Pepper definitely steals the show here--she needs to be a redhead more often.

• Bankyed

★★★½ Watched by Bankyed 19 Oct, 2014

The film that launched a phenomenon.

Didn't really know, or care about the iron man character from the comics, but thanks RDJ I care about it now! Well written, well directed and incredibly well acted. Probably one of marvels finest films, easily my favourite of the phase one set of films with the exception of The Avengers.

• Andy

★★½ Added by Andy

Odio john fervau..ma questo film..l'unico della serie a salvarsi il culo, per il momento, é ok!

• AdamAlias

★★★★½ Rewatched by AdamAlias 11 Oct, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• dannyrocks1998

★★★★★ Added by dannyrocks1998

One of Marvel's best!

• frecklyjesus

★★★★★ Added by frecklyjesus

• Sara

★★★★ Watched by Sara 12 Oct, 2014

I had never actually watched this movie in it's entirety. I enjoyed it.

• Joe DiCanio

★★★½ Rewatched by Joe DiCanio 31 Jan, 2013

Rating: B

• effectively0

★★★★ Added by effectively0

8/10
    Surprisingly good, modern day action, superhero movie.

• SethBuchanan

★★★★½ Added by SethBuchanan

At the time it came out, Iron Man was a shining example of a super hero film that felt grounded and realistic. It's still equally great now, just less grounded after seeing where the series headed. With a thoroughly likable protagonist at it's center, played famously well by Robert Downey Jr., Iron Man is one of my favorite superhero films to date.

• quadrophenia17

★★★★★ Added by quadrophenia17

The world needs more comic book movies like these; but if we must have one more, "Iron Man" is a blueprint for said films. Not only is it a good comic book movie (smart and stupid, stirring and silly, intimate and spectacular), it's winning enough to engage even those who've never cared much for comic books or the movies they spawn.

Tony Stark (played brilliantly by Robert Downey Jr.) not only makes the character memorable, but also makes it special.…