• Fernando Albuquerque

★★★★ Rewatched by Fernando Albuquerque 18 Apr, 2014 1

O verdadeiro líder dos Vingadores.

• Returner of Videotapes

★★★★ Rewatched by Returner of Videotapes 18 Apr, 2014

If Jon Favreau held up Marvel Studios with a t-shirt gun loaded with flaming Iron Man 1 DVDs for ruining this franchise, I'd support it.

• Matthew Dunseath

★★★★ Watched by Matthew Dunseath 17 Apr, 2014

Following a slew of mediocre MARVEL movies from various production companies, the comic book giant saw 2008 as a good as time as any to fire out the Howard Hughes of super heroes in a fashion that only a big budget, faithful to the source material, business empire could do...so they opened the door to the much anticipated shared Marvel cinematic universe themselves. The dream movie of a many an avid comic book reader raised many an eyebrow when putting…

• willmoviefan97

★★★★½ Added by willmoviefan97

A spectacular way to start off the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Funny, exteremly smart, comeplling, stylish, originial, and a tremoundous amount of fun, besides Batman Begins, Iron Man is my favorite origin story to date that we've had for a superhero. Robert Downey Jr. delivers a performance that I might go as far as to say is the best performance an actor has ever deliver in a superhero role. He plays the arrogrant, smug, and billionaire personaility brilliantly, but he also…

• Rebecca Kivak

★★★★★ Rewatched by Rebecca Kivak 11 Apr, 2014

"Iron Man" was the launch pad for the Marvel movies leading up to "The Avengers," and it more than fulfilled its goal. I was in awe the first time I watched it, and I still am every time I watch it since. It's not only a fantastic superhero movie, but an excellent movie in general and one of my favorite films.

With his on-the-mark expressions and sarcastic delivery, Robert Downey Jr. is a natural fit as tortured genius Tony Stark.…

• Connon

★★★★½ Rewatched by Connon 13 Apr, 2014

Had this on in the background whilst I played Football Manager, that's been tonight's theme. Films for the background whilst fitba takes the main focus. Anyway, best Avengers film that doesn't feature all the Avengers and I was thinking, Jeff Bridges might be the best villain Marvel has had. I was invested in that dude and totally bought all his stuff.

Top notch and the best foundation for any film universe.

• Tommy Wiseau

8.5/10

• cineedo
  • Evan

★★★½ Rewatched by Evan 09 Apr, 2014

What was Marvel's best stand alone film, until I saw The Winter Soldier.

• dpettinger

★★★★½ Rewatched by dpettinger 01 Apr, 2014

Robert Downey Junior is excellent as the enigmatic inventor and billionaire playboy Howard Stark who is forced to build himself a metal suit when captured in a (supposedly) Afghan cave. On his return to civilisation and after realising the weapons his company produces are used to kill American soldiers, he develops a new suit with beefed up firepower.

One of the first forays into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Iron Man takes one of the weaker front line superheroes and makes a really excellent movie franchise out of it.

• Anton Reyes

★★★★★ Rewatched by Anton Reyes 11 Apr, 2013

I wrote this review when I was 13, so I had just started writing:

theboywondermoviereviews.blogspot.com/2013/04/iron-man-spoilers-ahead-movie-review.html

Thoughts are pretty much the same though.