• typaholic

★½ Watched by typaholic 18 Jul, 2014

One of the quicker aging jokes.

• andersl

★★★ Watched by andersl 19 Jul, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• andersl

½ Watched by andersl 19 Jul, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Matt Heiser

Added by Matt Heiser

Kind of enjoyably horrible, though I don't know how much it'll hold up as a camp cult classic. The premise is hilariously awesome, it's just too bad the execution is just handled sooooooo poorly. I believe this movie is made by Norwegians, and boy does it show in their "knowledge" of what the US is like. Their version of Washington DC is (I believe) unintentionally hilarious; I loved the street gangs that look they came out of a movie version…

• Captainlucy

★★★★ Added by Captainlucy

Whatever else you can say about it, this is without a doubt the best movie about Nazis from the far side of the moon attacking Earth there has ever been. Hugely entertaining, wonderfully silly, and a typically Finnish joyously bleak ending.

Sit down, North Korea. :)

• Paul Docherty

★★★½ Watched by Paul Docherty 25 Jun, 2014

I know this is the worst way to review a movie, but honestly this was way better than I was expecting it to be. Great VFX, solid if stupid story, though the gags are often a bit lazy and the performances are a bit flat across the board. Something more elevated and would really have sold the laughs and the kitcsh. Maybe it's just down to casting. Speaking of which - Udo Kier is in this.

This reminded me a…

• Matt Fisher

★★★½ Watched by Matt Fisher 21 Jun, 2014 3

People seem to complain that the movie wasn't WORSE than it what it was, as if they wanted laughably bad and instead got totally competent and then were upset by this. Tongue in cheek yes, but very aware and very careful, made as much sense as a 'Nazis on the moon' movie should made, the action was clear and inventive and the characters distinct and likable. More crummy movies could take a lesson, this is how you do it.

• Arf Ortiyef

½ Watched by Arf Ortiyef 21 Jun, 2014

why?

• Kelly Magovern

★★ Watched by Kelly Magovern 20 Jun, 2014

The production values are quite amazing for a movie that knows it is a B-movie. However, despite the great look of the movie and the interesting premise, I found it quite boring. Even as I was watching it, I kept thinking to myself, "On paper, this looks like it should be an entertaining little romp of a movie. And yet, I feel totally bored." I'm not even sure why I was bored. If I had to make up a reason, I guess it's because I never cared about any of the characters, except maybe Julia Dietze. Also, the jokes didn't work for me.

• sherm

★★½ Watched by sherm 01 Jun, 2014

Gesehen im DC und in der multilingualen Fassung. Nur so kann man den Film "geniessen". Wenn die Amerikaner "Deutsch" reden, macht das alles keinen "Sinn" mehr. Ansonsten ... kann man gucken, nicht wirklich witzig, aber so absurd, dass man dran bleibt.

• Boost

★★★★ Watched by Boost 01 Jun, 2014

Finally, a movie about Nazis from the moon! It's 2018 and Sarah Palin is desperate for reelection. The publicity stunt "Black to the Moon" (putting a black astronaut on the moon) has ended in disaster. Fortunately, Nazis show up and gives the Palin administration relevance. Funny and wacky movie.

• Bob R.

★★★★ Rewatched by Bob R. 31 May, 2014

Before going into Iron Sky, one should ask a couple of questions of themselves. The first is - Do you mind being told you live in a nation full of hypocrites? (This goes for the United States, Russia, China, France, Canada and pretty much every other first-world country). The second question is: Can you get into a story where the character you're supposed to empathize most with is a Nazi? If you're of the mindset where neither of these things…