• James Healey

★★★★ Watched by James Healey 24 Sep, 2012

Funny. Good use of references.

• Adrian Zachow

★½ Watched by Adrian Zachow 14 Oct, 2012

With a premise as nuts as Nazis holing up on the moon to then attack the Earth in the near future, and a trailer that brought to mind retrofuturistic sagas such as "Sky Captain" mixed with Saturday Night Live style topical humour, "Iron Sky" had a shot at cult status. Cult films are not everyone's cup of tea, but they tend to be unique and smart. Unfortunately, "Iron Sky" is pretty dumb, and it's level of humour (it takes plenty…

• Aubtin Heydari

Added by Aubtin Heydari

1/2 star for the quality of the film
    + 1/2 star for the CGI, pretty impressive for a b-movie
    +1/2 star for Sarah Palin, have to admit it amused me
    - 1/2 star for the strangely racist, misogynistic, and anti-Semitic humor and dialogue, which you think it would be self-critical of but it really isn't.

Despite this being a pretty bad film, it's definitely an interesting watch just because of how bizarrely bad the premise is.

• Patrick Thompson

★½ Watched by Patrick Thompson 02 Nov, 2014

This movie is.....not good. 😞

• Ian Strope

★★ Added by Ian Strope

Should have been more absurd. I'm a sucker for airships, but this one wasn't that great.

• eugenen

★★ Watched by eugenen 19 Oct, 2014

Doesn't take itself seriously and also isn't funny -- a toxic combination. Premise wears thin almost immediately.

• Danny Gray

★★ Watched by Danny Gray 30 Sep, 2014

When I sat down to watch a film in which Moon-Nazis attack earth, my expectations were pretty low. Although the production values were much higher that the typical B-Movie, the script and plot left me in no doubt as to what type of film I was watching. Yes, there were some clever little nods to other Nazi-related films and some interesting references to German culture, the whole film was otherwise overtly offensive in pretty much every possible way.

• Scolaro

★½ Watched by Scolaro 30 Sep, 2014

It took me a while to get into the right mood for this kind of movie, but it didn't help. What a hilarous story idea and fantastic elements. If only there'd been decent writers to turn all of the really nice bits and pieces into something great...
    So much wasted potential.

At least they had actual German actors to play the Nazis - I wouldn't have made it through if they'd all butchered my language the way Nazi movies usually…

• nicktday

★★½ Watched by nicktday 27 Sep, 2014

Okay then, that was... unique.

Like a mash up between Mars Attacks! and Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow with a whole lot of 'you what now?' mixed in for good measure.

I kinda liked it.

• Ricky Lee Everett

★½ Watched by Ricky Lee Everett 19 Sep, 2014

The fact that the film isn't cynical isn't enough to make the bonkers premise that promises to be hilarious and out right fun to make Iron Sky a true hit into the realms of cult classics. You need good writing and the biggest crime here is the extremely dull script that delivers very little in terms of enjoyment or memorable moments - this is essentially a one joke trick played out over 1hr50mins with keen eye paid to the production design and a complete disregard for writing, a huge disappointment, visually there's something interesting going on but nothing more.

• Jason MD-P

★★★ Watched by Jason MD-P 13 Sep, 2014

Ridiculous, campy fun a la Flash Gordon or Star Wars (the first one, of course).

• Marcel Michaelsen

Watched by Marcel Michaelsen 12 Sep, 2014

Man, what a bunch of crap. I mean, sure, I didn't expected much, but when a film has a story including moon-nazis, it has at least to try to be funny. Well, it isn't funny in any way. It's just boring.