• Danny Gray

★★ Watched by Danny Gray 30 Sep, 2014

When I sat down to watch a film in which Moon-Nazis attack earth, my expectations were pretty low. Although the production values were much higher that the typical B-Movie, the script and plot left me in no doubt as to what type of film I was watching. Yes, there were some clever little nods to other Nazi-related films and some interesting references to German culture, the whole film was otherwise overtly offensive in pretty much every possible way.

• Scolaro

★½ Watched by Scolaro 30 Sep, 2014

It took me a while to get into the right mood for this kind of movie, but it didn't help. What a hilarous story idea and fantastic elements. If only there'd been decent writers to turn all of the really nice bits and pieces into something great...
    So much wasted potential.

At least they had actual German actors to play the Nazis - I wouldn't have made it through if they'd all butchered my language the way Nazi movies usually…

• nicktday

★★½ Watched by nicktday 27 Sep, 2014

Okay then, that was... unique.

Like a mash up between Mars Attacks! and Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow with a whole lot of 'you what now?' mixed in for good measure.

I kinda liked it.

• Ricky Lee Everett

★½ Watched by Ricky Lee Everett 19 Sep, 2014

The fact that the film isn't cynical isn't enough to make the bonkers premise that promises to be hilarious and out right fun to make Iron Sky a true hit into the realms of cult classics. You need good writing and the biggest crime here is the extremely dull script that delivers very little in terms of enjoyment or memorable moments - this is essentially a one joke trick played out over 1hr50mins with keen eye paid to the production design and a complete disregard for writing, a huge disappointment, visually there's something interesting going on but nothing more.

• Jason MD-P

★★★ Watched by Jason MD-P 13 Sep, 2014

Ridiculous, campy fun a la Flash Gordon or Star Wars (the first one, of course).

• Marcel Michaelsen

Watched by Marcel Michaelsen 12 Sep, 2014

Man, what a bunch of crap. I mean, sure, I didn't expected much, but when a film has a story including moon-nazis, it has at least to try to be funny. Well, it isn't funny in any way. It's just boring.

• ACBlogReview

★★★ Added by ACBlogReview

It's bad but it's good. Read the plot premise and why would you think of anything different.
    It's a camp film and some laughable scenes. Easy watch

• Glorbes

½ Added by Glorbes

They did wonders with a modest budget. Otherwise, this movie is a worthless, ugly shit-pile.

• gurududa

★★ Watched by gurududa 30 Aug, 2014

Shit. I'm pretty.

• Nurks

Watched by Nurks 27 Aug, 2014 4

You know when you're drunk with some friends and you make up great stories and you think they're actually awesome ideas..... and after waking up hung-over the next day you think : Wow those were some crappy ideas let's never talk about them again..... Can somebody please wake up the people who came up with this movie!!!!!!

• Joe Hastings

★★ Added by Joe Hastings 2

I don't even know where to begin on this atrocious mess of a film that contains only one saving grace and that's a hot German. Just another Netflix suggestion that goes wrong really fast. The premise was initially entertaining, but once I saw Udo Kier I understood what I was truly in for. All the characters were pretty irritating so the only hero is the credits.

Kier is the only one I recognized in this sad excuse for a cast.…

• fatpie42

★★★½ Watched by fatpie42 04 Nov, 2012

I don't know that the ending works as well as it is supposed to, but this is a very entertaining and often pretty funny sci-fi comedy movie. It's the best Moon Nazi movie of the year. :P

The unnamed US president is now, pretty clearly, Sarah Palin. Apparently she's set up an impromptu moon landing as part of an election campaign and is upset when something goes wrong after the craft lands.

Not all the jokes work perfectly, with one…